Why did you pick your race?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 14th, 2011, 5:23 am

Well, I have a tendency to play chaotic neutral characters. One of the things about my characters is that they tend to just be. They're not aiming for ultimate evil, but they do do things that others would consider evil, in order to survive. And they don't feel bad about it. It's just the way it works.

An animal worked best, but I didn't want to be too cliche with the wolf kelvic.

Also, I was 13, and obsessed with snakes.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shamelis on March 24th, 2011, 10:36 am

I chose Zith, because there really aren't really any active Zith anymore.. :/

Also, I loved how their language can't be spoke by anyone other than another Zith - due to the physical limitations of a non-Zith vocal box. I loved how they adopt a name in Common, so others can address them, usually picking a word that represented something evil or unpleasant.. This kind of gave me a feeling of "superiority" per-say, in playing a Zith.

It worked out great because I had a word my mind had made up months ago (Shamelis was the word) and it just happened to have the word "Shame" in it! How perfect is that? So I built a back-story that would incorporate the minuscule society Zith usually live in, and a reason for my character to hold "shame" within them as a character flaw! :D

Oh.. but I almost forgot.. the two selling points for me on the race of Zith...

Zith can hear heartbeats - AND fly. How awesome is that?!?!
Shamelis
The Shamed

Words: 3293
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2011, 1:48 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Nenai on March 28th, 2011, 12:48 am

I chose a Symenestra because they looked like the kind of race people make broody, snooty characters for. So I made an awkward, socially inept Symenestra for giggles.

That and wall climbing is awesome.
Celldweller - "I hear the sound of a heart from the shadow in the dark, waiting for the poison to hit its mark..."

Nenai
Player

Words: 8053
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 2:44 am
Race: Symenestra

Postby Ssafirarhysati on March 28th, 2011, 1:11 am

...because you are all food to me.
OOC Warning: I will pull no punches with this character. If you think you cannot handle mature themes, or do not like it entirely, please refrain from RPing with me. Storytellers, if I overstep any rules with my RP style please tell me asap. Thank you.
Ssafirarhysati
The Sadist

Words: 43081
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2011, 1:15 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nenai on March 29th, 2011, 10:21 pm

...I find the above comment terrifying. OnO
Celldweller - "I hear the sound of a heart from the shadow in the dark, waiting for the poison to hit its mark..."

Nenai
Player

Words: 8053
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 2:44 am
Race: Symenestra

Postby Isette on March 29th, 2011, 11:36 pm

As my first character on a site, I generally choose a character concept that I relate strongly to so that I can stay in my character comfort zone while I adjust to a new setting, new history, new people, and all around new world. Kelvics were an obvious choice since I have such a strong affinity with cats, the Norwegian forest cat in particular. I loved the idea that the character wasn't a human who could shapeshift, but an animal who could shapeshift. It was the same concept I had often played around with in many of my animal based shapeshifting characters. A lot of me went into designing her, but in giving her a history and designing the setting she soon took on a life of her own.
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jinmei on March 29th, 2011, 11:42 pm

I chose the ghost mainly for their near limitless possibilities and uses in adventures as well as the idea that they're driven by a regret or dream unfulfilled. Having no real need for food or water was also a bonus, I dislike rping eating scenes, curious eh? Not only that, but there's so much you can do with a ghost character that you can't do with any of the other races, like possession, Soulmist projection(A really cool take on Psychokinesis), and even their struggle for materialization. I just find the ghosts to be an extremely challenging race to play, and I love mastering challenges.
So who is the Culprit? There may be more than one answer to that question,but the means to confirm that answer is about to disappear. So, Who is the culprit? Come, If you don't hurry up...my hands are going to kill you. You don't have much time.So who is the culprit? You know the answer to that question,because everything happened in front of your eyes.So who is the culprit? The person standing in front of you. Come, say that person's name....My name!!"
Jinmei Xaolung's C.S. Here!
Jinmei
Phantom Fist of the West

Words: 4333
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2011, 11:30 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Pakoosha on March 30th, 2011, 1:51 am

I wanted to make a Chaktawe since I started playing here because it caught my eye immediately when I was reading the Lore for the first time. The reason I waited to make one was because I wasn't really comfortable with the setting yet.

I've always liked the more spiritual-ey stuff with Native American culture, as well as their art and general 'style'. The desert is an interesting place to me because I live in an extremely wet foresty area with swamps and woods and rivers and marsh everywhere you look, so the idea of a place devoid of green stuff and water is about as foreign as you can get for me(besides maybe Antarctica). Foreign things are intriguing, and the Chaktawe are the most in-tune with the desert itself(they evolved water-holding organs for godsake) of all the races.
Pakoosha
Chaktawe Spiritist

Words: 6818
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Rayage on March 30th, 2011, 11:33 pm

I chose my race because I found the concept of an almost immortal undead to be quite interesting. I love the fact that they are indeed undead, but not zombie like though rather unique to their own vision of the world. I also chose a nuit because I thought it would be a challenge to write from the view of an older undead kind of character, and I in fact have enjoyed so very much this personal challenge of mine.

I, although my view may be misguided, think that my -slightly- crazy, Alchemy obsessed, goal-oriented, god complex with a 'hint of evil' nuit is quite entertaining to write and to RP with as well.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jamio Crane on April 12th, 2011, 2:15 am

I chose human becuase it;s basic ad nd easy to work with. Also I am human.
I'm hopefully going to get an insane, nuit-hunter. Oh and if it get approved he will slowly become what he hates most, undead. quite complicated no?
Jamio Crane
The Weeping Angel

Words: 885
Joined roleplay: April 10th, 2011, 4:58 pm
Race: Human

PreviousNext