[Location] The Establishment

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on July 11th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Darik thought he was going to get mediocre answers, but the clerk gave him adequate descriptions. He even threw in free advice! He considered if the clerk deserved a word of gratitude or thanks, but he didn’t utter another word to him. He had paid him a ridiculous amount for the information, so it had been good. There was no niceness in business, it all revolved around money. You pay lots of money, you get good stuff. Why try to sugarcoat the cold hard truth? That’s why Darik wanted the job, so he could get richer and become a prominent citizen of Sunberth.

He walked out of the establishment looking at his directions. He would head towards Killroy, and see if he wanted to work for the man. If he did he would apply. If he didn’t get the job, he would probably end up coming back, trying to demand his money be refunded. He had seen the guards, but he figured he could take them.

((Editing Ledger))
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Drayton on July 12th, 2011, 2:23 am

20th of Summer, 511 AV

The building was crowded, and, just like everywhere else in Sunberth, the effect of so many bodies pressed tight against one another was a rotten sort of stench that swam about the woodwork. Through this Eleanor's knobbly elbows paved a path, bypassing the wall of pamphlets she could not read and carrying her to the clerks' desk.

Chipped fingernails ran rhythmically over the heavy wooden counter as their blackened tips rapped and tapped impatiently. Her other hand tugged at the greying bone stud in her earlobe before rooting around in the canal. With a twist and flick some wax skittered over the clerks' desks, allowing the bustling, chatter and humdrum noise of the job browsers to fall freely against her eardrum. The young woman continued to fidget as she waited for someone to help her.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Tarelde on July 12th, 2011, 10:35 am

26th of Summer, 511AV, Morning

Tarelde figured that if she was going to live in Sunberth, she'd need a job and after fighting the previous day, figured why not. She'd get payed and, with any luck, not end up dead. Besides, being a Whore didn't sound terrible to her, better then attempting to travel to Sylira and being robbed and raped at any rate. She also figured she was pretty enough. She approached the counter and found herself face to face with a dark skinned man.

"Hello there, I'm wanting a job, more specifically this one" she said showing the pamphlet to him. "Now I am of reason, I know that information is not free, especially for a job, so tell me, My good man, what it would cost for the direction of where to go, AND for the guaranteeing of this job." Tarelde then waited for the man to respond.
Last edited by Tarelde on July 12th, 2011, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarelde
Player

Words: 8306
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 4:47 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tuic on July 12th, 2011, 11:06 am

3th of summer 511
Tuic pushed himself through the crowd and towards the boards with not to much trouble, a foul glare from his scarred face and the fact that he was a fairly large man let most of the patrons not protest to much when he pushed past them.
He gave a quick look over the few pamphlets hanging on the boards, ignoring all of those that involved any type of long term engagement and after a few minutes took the offer of the doctor and the murder for that crow person, he really needed the money and as far as he knew he had enough time to go after her as long as he had the note.

He walked over to the man in charge and laid down the two notes he had.
“I'll take those two jobs, though if you know anything about the hit and what the doctor is asking for it would be apreciated.” he patiently waited for the man to answer and how much he would have to pay him.
Last edited by Tuic on July 12th, 2011, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuic
Player

Words: 13679
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Antar on July 12th, 2011, 11:06 am

8th day of spring 511av "ooc"This is for a set of flashbacks for the character to learn some masonry skills during the time of spring,511av. I'll have another post up for the end of summer /start of fall to 'switch jobs' if that's allowed :p or just keep the masonry and carpentry one outside of being a jack of all trades/merc ;) ."

Noth walked into the Establishment with a bit of trepidation about it's reputation. He knew he needed a job but wasn't truly able to pay much at the point of time, just arriving in sunberth. He figured it would be at least another season before he might strike off on his own towards bigger and better things but for now, he was willing to work.

He only had ten silver mizas to his name, but he hoped he might bargain with a clerk to perhaps barter a service or two to in hopes of finding something which might be long lasting and helpful to himself in the long run of things.

His eyes fell to a docket regarding work by the docks, and he placed five silver mizas down on the clerk's desk immediately, before looking the man in the eye. "I'm sorry to disturb you sir, as I'm trying to be polite and honestly forward with an account of my resources. At present I do not have much to give for the gaining of where I might find a job of some note, but if it pleases the Establishment that if after I get my feet under myself they might be given a one-time boon for any labor services needed to be rendered in the future for the aid now. I'm looking for something by the docks, something which lets me work with my hands, and build things. I figure in that way I might help myself this bastard of a town at least by helping create stuff which won't fall down in the slightest storm if you can point me to some job which is suitable, that be alright? If the price be not enough then I might give you five more silvers for it to be all that I have at present."

Noth stepped back a half step after he spoke, wondering if the strangest oddity of all ; someone being honest held any weight in the minds of those who deemed it their business to supply the businesses of the many places of sunberth. It was a bit out of character for him to be upfront, but sometimes even in a place like this- honesty might be the best policy.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 12:15 pm

@Drayton
"Like petch I'm payin' you. I'll find the place myself! Petching Darkie"

Drayton was next in line, behind this man causing a ruckus, throwing a fit. The idea of paying a man for information didn't settle well, and Tua was actually a reasonable man. Reasonable, that is, until something like this happened. Tua grit his teeth into an air-tight smile as the man barged out of the building, pushing Drayton to the side in his fury. Tua merely had to look at one of the armed guards in the room (there was roughly half a dozen), and two men quickly left, most likely to cause serious harm to the belligerent man.

Drayton was next.

"Hello there miss. Can I help you?"

@Tarelde
Tua offered the Konti a quick courteous nod as he took the pamphlet from her, read it, and nodded again. He was about to speak, no doubt in his clever manner of rhetoric and hint at a bit of payment. Taralede obviously knew the game though, perhaps she had been here before. Nevertheless, it was pleasant that they could skip the whole game and get to business. [collor=tan]"Brega's a bold woman. Always gets what she wants, she makes damn sure of that. Robern owns the brothel. Hand me five gold mizas and I'll let Brega know to expect you."[/color] The way Tua spoke made it almost sound like he had some control or leverage over her. Perhaps that how Tua's contacts work. "Brega can be found just as you enter Sunberth. I'm sure the dancing girls outside the building can show you inside."

@Tuic
Large, muscular, scary. Tuic was built for Sunberth, and the people around weren't about to fuss over someone that intimidating, besides, the jobs he was looking at for overlooked by most. Nobody in their right mind would consider Doctor Petricious a good idea, or the hunting of "Crow" (assuming they even knew of the man) was possible. Still, there was always someone interested. Tuic was that someone today.

As he approached Tua with the pamphlets, he would find that Tua had actually been watching him for a while, he already knew what Tuic wanted. "You are an exotic man. Taking down the Crow, that's no easy task. Get it done, and you'll be in Robern's pocket for ages, of course, there're others that'll petch you for it. You should know, the Crow ain't got a price on his head because he's easy to find or kill. All I'm gonna say about him." When Tua took a look at the second pamphlet about becoming the Doctor's assistant, Tua chuckled lightly, shook his head, and handed it back to Tuic. "Very exotic indeed. You can find the Doctor's Clinic near the Wolf's Den. It's not so deep you have to worried about being mauled by the Kelvic Savaged there. The Doctor, I don't know much about him myself, so I'll give a discount. Five gold Mizas for the location and I'll see to it he expects you. As for Crow, consider it on the house." Tua smiled as he handed the pamphlets back to Tuic. Tua was certain Tuic would be dead by the end of Summer, Fall if he was lucky.

@Antar
Tua held a fairly straight face as Antar greeted himself. The five silver mizas wasn't much, and Tua was a business man in for the money. Five silvers wasn't worth much. Tua leaned over the counter and motioned for Antar to lean in as well. Then, he whispered. "Get yourself to the docks and I'll see that Legs takes you on as an apprentice. I can also put in a word for you with the Cutter and Carver brothers. You take your silvers and get out of here." Tua smiled, and as Antar grabbed his coins and started to leave, he would be stopped by Tua, who was now standing and had a firm grip on the man's bicep. "You are in debt to Tua at the Establishment now though. I know your face, I know where I can find you. Come back to me in the Summer and we'll discuss settling your debt." Tua grinned, almost maliciously, the most uncivil grin that Tua had ever given perhaps. There was no set price on this Debt, but there was something in Tua's firm grip, his dark clever eyes, that said it was Antar's only option.

AntarI am going to write you up a SS thread to keep track of your debts. Also, the Cutter and Carver Brothers haven't been created yet, but expect the location up sometime today or tomorrow.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tarelde on July 12th, 2011, 12:31 pm

Tarelde handed Tua the 5 Gold Mizas, gave a nod and said "Thank you sir."
Tarelde then went off to what would end up being her work place.
Tarelde
Player

Words: 8306
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 4:47 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tuic on July 12th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Tuic's mouth twisted itself into a grin, the scar on his face making it look like he was somebody that had escaped from the doctors lab himself. “That is good then, neither am I, besides we are all going to die one day better go out and die trying don't you think.” he listened carefully to the information the man was able to give, scowling when he asked 5 golden mizas for the rest of it, but then again he doubted he would haggle for it and he didn't want to get into trouble with all of the thugs the guy hired.
“Fine here,” he slapped the 5 golden miza's on the counter. “Now just tell me where the good doctor,” he said that with sarcasm in his voice. “lives and let him know I'm coming.” he patiently waited for the man to start talking.
Tuic
Player

Words: 13679
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drayton on July 13th, 2011, 4:47 am

The two men plowed their way easily through the crowd after the indignant man, and Eleanor stepped up to the counter. Her padded palm made a dull noise against the counter as she slapped it cheerfully. “Why yes, you can sir!” the girl’s loud voice lifted over the ruckus of the room.

“See, I’m looking for a job, however, your pamphlets aren’t much use to me, seeing as I can’t read. Now, I understand that you charge a service fee, and one that might be slightly elevated since I can't even browse your selection myself, but I’d like to remind you that a person searching for a job and dressed like myself does not have a very deep pocket,” Eleanor picked carefully at one of the many handkerchiefs and rags tied around her body, as though straightening the tired garment would make her more presentable. “I’m familiar with Sunberth, don’t need directions, just a tip to cut down the search time. I’m sure a business man like you can come up with some information that has a reasonable price tag.”

“My uh… Qualifications, sir. I’m quick and strong and can use a knife and my fists. A fast learner but not really versed in a trade. I’d like something that doesn’t involve whoring myself out, or dying before I can make a profit, though I don't mind risks if I can fatten my purse. Perhaps some good old-fashioned labor, in the shipyards or so. If not, I’m not opposed to a little dirty work.” The girl twisted her greasy bangs around calloused fingers, nearly going cross-eyed as she watched the auburn strands curl, waiting for a suggestion.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Leviathan on July 13th, 2011, 5:26 am

@ Daryton

Tua leaned back in his seat as Drayton, the energetic and cheerful rogue of Sunberth, spoke, a little longer than he preferred (time was money after all), but she made a convincing little speech, and she certainly did look broke. Tua pondered everything she mentioned, considered the options at hand, and after taking out Brega's and Ruby's whorehouses, he had a few suggestions. "Listen, I'm going to be straight with you. Killroy is always looking for work, he goes through employees faster than Brega can make a man pleasure himself, and that's saying something. You're young, not as young as he prefers, but young enough and a girl. You're chances getting in with him are good if I put in a good word for you. He has a shady business, I'm sure you're aware of. Stealing merchandise he sells, it's not a well guarded secret, but nobody's gonna do anything about it when he reclaims possession of the animals. So if you want to resecure horses and sold dogs, then that's the place for you."

Tua took a few moments to ponder again, and check his own notes on who was hiring and who needed special help. "If you are looking to get out of this city with some skills that can score a living somewhere else in Mizahar, you can apply for Apprenticeship at a Knight's Armory. The work is hard, and typically considered a man thing, but the pay is good and you can take it with you if you leave sunberth. I mean the knowledge of course. If that's not your thing, then there's a merchant that came in today requesting a few hands, a guard and an assistant." Tua looked up at Drayton again, obviously implying that 'assistant' wasn't an accurate term. "If you are okay with ruining one man's business for another, I'd scurry down to the markets. Easy pay if you do well."
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext