[Aspen/Renaria's Scrapbook] Frozen Wonderland

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Renaria's Scrapbook] Frozen Wonderland

Postby Renaria on July 6th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Just because it's too cute not to see (:
Renaria
Snow Walker

Words: 55485
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Silvy on July 6th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Awwness! Cute ickle face!! <3
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Words: 56673
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aspen on July 28th, 2011, 1:12 am

Well, back from my 3 weeks of holiday.
And I have a lot to do!
Commence list!

Scrapbook Stuff:
  • Info on post 1
  • Silverstone entry
  • Holiday entry

Aspen:
  • Grade Keva's thread
  • Make NPC's for Riley's quest
  • Avanthal Library write-up
  • Post for Atyvn's modded thread No longer modded by me.
  • Set up a modded familiar thread for Varian
  • Grade Fela's thread
  • Grade Varian's thread

Renaria:
  • Post for Darren
  • Post for Rue
  • Post for Belgar
  • CS designs for 2 people - 1 down, 1 to go!

And then I need to do general planning and stuff with Elisse and Lakara.

Hmm. That's not in priority order but never-mind. Will be crossing stuff off and linking as I go to keep track.
Last edited by Aspen on August 3rd, 2011, 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aspen on July 30th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Ugh so as soon as I make my list I get a call from my boss about heaps of overtime, which is where I've been today. I was planning on doing most of Ren's stuff today. Nevermind.

Over the next week or two I'm picking up a lot of shifts at work, so things might be a little slow with posting. As that is the case I'm going to try and prioritize some stuff.

Priorities:
  • 2 thread grades
  • Library write-up
  • NPC's
  • Ren's posts
  • Familiar thread
In that order. *nods*

I'm de-prioritizing Atyvn's modded thread since he isn't around so much at the moment.
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Renaria on August 2nd, 2011, 12:05 am

So I just had one of the strangest phonecalls of my life.
It was from an old friend of mine who I used to know back in secondary school. I haven't seen her for about 4 years now, since I was 16, so it was really unexpected.
I'm not usually one for lengthy phonecalls, I always feel really awkward. I don't know why, I just do. This particular call lasted 3 hours or so.
Anyway, the conversation we had just made me think really hard about stuff I've never thought about before.
The first thing we talked about was University (college for Americans). I haven't even started yet, and she's going into her third year this September. The second thing she mentioned was that she owns her own house in London, and has done for almost a year now.

It made me feel a little inadequate. I felt like I didn't have a lot to offer up in response. I mean, I know I've done things. I worked as a dental nurse for a whole year before going to college to do a bridge-course in arts. That's definitely something. But I still live with my parents and have never even considered moving out. I'm heading to University in September, so I'll be on my own then, but it's not really the same concept.

Anyway, the one thing that really made me stop and think was this. She's getting married in a few weeks.
I swear the silence that followed that lasted a good minute or two.
I'm turning 20 in September, and the only serious boyfriend I ever has was just over a year ago. It didn't last for that long.
Now she's almost a year younger then me. I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm really not, I just personally cannot get my head around it. But whatever.

Anyway, I guess the point of this incredibly odd and uncharacteristic ramble, is that I feel really weird and young. I'm the oldest out of my entire group of friends, but I feel like I haven't done anything at all over the past few years. It's just...odd. I don't know.

Blah, I apologize for this, I just needed somewhere to shove this collection of nothingness.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on August 2nd, 2011, 12:11 am

*hugs* There is nothing wrong with you girl. I am going to be 18 in four months and I still have not had a relationship that lasted more than 2 months. Bottom line, you are awesome and you shouldn't worry. All the waiting will pay off with something great. A few weeks ago I was at a family reunion and all of my girl cousins had a boyfriend and while they all gushed about them I had to sit there and just listen because I don't have one. So what what I am trying to say is you aren't alone but things will get better! <3
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Renaria on August 2nd, 2011, 10:58 am

Thanks Sarah <3
I'm not really overly fussed about to be perfectly honest, it just seems really weird to me that some of my younger friends have such... grown up lives, if that makes sense.

I mean, one is getting married in 2 weeks, and another is engaged and has just had a baby (she's adorable by the way). It's so odd. I still feel like a kid haha.

Anyways, thank you for reading that. Just needed to put it there. Now I am free to freak out about Uni and the mountain of stuff I need to buy D:
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Silvy on August 2nd, 2011, 4:47 pm

*hugs Ren*

I understand how that conversation would weird you out. But the things going on in your life are no worse or better than your friend on the phone, just merely different. Every person walks their own path.

It's normal to wonder and compare your own life path with others. You're doing what you intend to do and that's great. Acknowledge things going on in friends lives, and celebrate with them as you know they'll celebrate with you.

Marriage, children, your own flat or going to Uni are not signs of success or failure--they're markers that each person decides on whether or not it's something they want.

Do what you plan to and measure your success by your own happiness. You're a smart, compassionate person who will achieve what she wants, when she wants, and not a moment before.

Like Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

*offers tea and biscuits* Just keep on being you!
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Words: 56673
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on August 3rd, 2011, 12:50 pm

*hugs Lisa* <3

Thank you for that. You seem to have a way of finding the exact right things to say. I guess I have a lot to look forward to, rather than not much to look back on (:

*noms biscuits & drinks tea*
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Renaria on August 3rd, 2011, 1:44 pm

The Critter Rescue Squad

In my household we have a cat. His name is Charlie.
That is Charlie. Sure he looks cute, but he is huge (4.8 kilos, which is about 10lbs, all muscle and bone - he is by no means fat), and not very nice to small things. because of him we have a critter rescue squad in our house, aka: me.

Just this morning I had to rescue another tiny fluffy thing from him, namely this:
It's a cute little vole. The poor thing was running across my hallway for his life after Charlie dropped him. I shoved Charlie in my sisters room, grabbed a towel and managed to catch the vole who was shaking in a corner. I did a quick check for blood and broken bones, of which there were thankfully none, and then sat with the little guy for a while till the shock wore off and he started moving again. So then it was the usual trip outside in my pajamas (superman shirt ftw) and he was back home again and the insane cat could be let out of the room.

Over the two years we've had Charlie, some of the animals I've had to rescue include:
ImageThis little sparrow. Charlie bought him in and just placed him in the hall and sat a little way off. The sparrow just sat where it had been put, and weirdly Charlie wasn't fussed. So the towel came out and I scooped the bird up. It was in shock, since it didn't try and fly off, so I was able to check it over, and externally it was fine. I ended up sitting outside in the rain with it for 10 minutes before it decided it was okay to go.

(No pictures for these next ones) A lot of voles, some rabbits (one of which we had to keep in a box overnight), some field mice, a jumping mouse (which was almost impossible to catch!), 2 goldfinches, a blue tit, a great tit and a water vole (god only knows how he managed to get that one!).

We also have a critter disposal squad, otherwise known as my dad. A lot of the poor things are dead when he brings them in, die of shock after we catch them, or he kills them before we can stop him. I wont go into any more detail because frankly, some of them are rather horrible. Now I know it's in Charlie's nature to do that, and I really can't hate him for it, but it does make me incredibly sad. We can't confine him to the house because he's spent his whole life outside and he would go crazy.

But most of the things we manage to catch that aren't dead on arrival survive, I am happy to say :D
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext