[Seven's Scrapbook] Writer's Block

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Macabre's Scrapbook] Danse Macabre

Postby Macabre on August 7th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Don't hate us 'cause we're happy
Don't hate us 'cause you're miserable
Don't hate us if we make you smile
Or if we go the extra mile
To make someone feel better on a really shitty day
And if you're hearing what I'm saying then
I want to hear you say, "I'm gay!" (I'm gay!)
Say, "I'm gay!" (I'm gay!)

I'm in love with this song, hahaha thanks Chesh. It's so ... god, what's that synonym for happy I'm looking for? I feel like it's staring me right in the face.

Ah well.
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Seven Xu on August 14th, 2011, 12:35 am

DisclaimerI was so inspired by Julian’s evaluation of his character that it made me want to do my own. Then, I deleted that one and started again—because whatever the heck I’d written before was done under heavy distraction, and it’s my scrap book get out if you don’t like it
A Cross-Section of Seven Xu

ImageAbove all else, Seven is an idealist. He is in-tune with human emotion and finds it easier to adjust to meet the standards of others rather than cause conflict by going against them. Because of this, he’s easy to get along with, but incredibly hard to penetrate beneath his polite surface. An emotional wall went up a long time ago, and he’s long since forgotten about it.

To those that scorn him, he may take a tsundere approach—grudges do not tend to last forever, for Seven.

Seven spends a lot of time in his head, and it makes him appear absent-minded at a glance. He could be mistaken as slow, or an introvert, due to the amount that goes on in his mind versus what he actually voices. He also tends to be a bit of a prude without the influence of alcohol (that always manages to loosen his inhibitions—and his tongue). Having lived a relatively sheltered life, most anything makes him blush.

He’s incapable of putting himself above those he really cares for. Those that do get close to him really get to know the personality behind the wall, and he often makes a point to keep these individuals close. When something dear to him—individual or ideal—is threatened, Seven becomes an aggressive defender of his cause. He will fight with little regard for his own personal safety to uphold an idea or protect something dear to him. So long as he has a cause, tangible or intangible, he remains determined and focused. Without the aforementioned cause, he tends to draw deeper within his shell.

Knowledge is a powerful tool in Seven’s eyes; far more powerful than the ability to swing a sword. He is a firm believer of a world rebuilt on the backs of intellectuals, rather than those of mindless warriors. Seven is most content involved in debate and conversation regarding the inner workings of the tangible world, rather than that of the gods—he is not an active practitioner of a specific religion, although he has prayed to Viratas on occasion. A fair weather follower, if anything.

Let’s talk a little about how neat the human brain is. Many of us don’t even think of it as an organ—at least, not in the same way you think of your heart, your lungs, or your pancreas. The very essence of who we are is located in that little grey blob between our ears, and for a long time, I was incredibly fascinated in how it functioned. I spent two years and some change in University as a psychology major and spent a lot of money to learn about how we work. I’ve finally decided to put some of that information to use with the ever-so-popular character development.

Dissociative fugue (sometimes just called a “fugue state”) is a psychiatric disorder in which an individual enters a temporary and dissociative state of mind, sometimes taking on another identity entirely. This fun and rare disorder comes with a side of amnesia—that is not brought on by physiological damage or a neurological/other medical condition like retrograde amnesia—and lasts anywhere from a few hours, to a few months. I can best explain the fugue state as a switch going off in a person’s brain, making them a different (and perhaps confused) individual. Often they wander or travel and act very much not themselves, until the switch is flipped back on and the person finds themselves with absolutely no memory of this episode, or what triggered it. Funny enough, all previous memories leading up to the fugue state remain intact and the person can be completely healthy after the episode … it is just as if, like I said, a switch was flipped or wires were crossed or something was unplugged momentarily.

The theory is that a person experiencing dissociative fugue may have recently suffered a reappearance of an earlier life trauma and that this is a defensive mechanism by our logical brain.

Why do I mention this strange disorder, seemingly mentioned more in fiction than documented in real life?

Because I’m totally going to use it to kill Seven’s father.
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Macabre on August 15th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Well here we are again,
It’s always such a pleasure,
Remember when you tried to kill me twice?
Oh, how we laughed and laughed,
Except I wasn’t laughing,
Under the circumstances I’ve been shockingly nice.

You want your freedom take it,
That’s what I’m counting on,
I used to want you dead but,
Now I only want you gone.

She was a lot like you,
(Maybe not quite as heavy),
Now little Caroline is in here too.
One day they woke me up,
So I could live forever,
It’s such a shame the same will never happen to you.

You’ve got your short, sad life left,
I’ll let you get right to it,

Goodbye, my only friend,
Oh, did you think I meant you?
That would be funny if it weren’t so sad,
Well you have been replaced,
I don’t need anyone now,
When I delete you maybe I’ll stop feeling so bad.

Go make some new disaster,
You’re someone else’s problem,
Now I only want you gone,
Now I only want you gone,
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Seven Xu on August 22nd, 2011, 1:36 pm

Still around, still reading

Just ... not quite as active as I'd like to be. This will go on until October, I think. I've just recently acquired a new full-time job and also some pretty heavy personal things have kept me away from writing pretty much entirely. Things are looking up though, so hooray.

Well, if you don't count my living arrangements falling through until two weeks before they were supposed to happen. Gotta love relying on couples to ... stay together. /endtinyrant

Until October, when I'll be a little more reliable, you probably won't see more than a post or two from me in the span of a week. I mean, I could spend every free moment I have trying to write, but that'll probably kill me so I won't do that. Therefore, I won't be taking any more new threads and I'll probably be replying sporadically and not at all in any sort of order (just to whom I feel like writing to at whatever time I do write). I'll be throwing up a couple of placeholders for people I've already promised Summer threads to but that's about it. Sorry!
Last edited by Seven Xu on October 10th, 2011, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Runas on August 25th, 2011, 1:42 am

Is the synonym for 'happy' gonna be 'euphoric'?

:3

Thought I'd tell you in person. I'm quitting this game. Sick and tired of the bull I tried to escape by coming here, but I'll stalk your adorable little characters.

<3 To Seven. ^^ I really like Seven. He's such a beautiful character, and I will follow his and Victor's escapades eagerly.

I may rejoin one day, if I do I'll tell you and Seven. ^^
All the heavens cried when the angels fell.
Runas
Come... play my game.

Words: 73373
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2011, 9:10 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Seven Xu on September 9th, 2011, 2:17 pm

"Official" Absence Post

Everyone that speaks to me often and writes a lot with me knows my September availability is awful. This is nothing new, but since I do have responsibilities and upcoming plots with writers I've never written with before, it seems only right to say something.
So, for the next three weeks you can expect me to be slow to reply to, well, anything, and I may not even do it in order of date (there are some threads I want finishing up so that we can move on to other things/be passed in for seasonal wages/XP). This is mostly a post regarding Macabre and my utter lack of ASing lately. I apologize, really, and when I'm back full-time please don't hesitate to bug me for modded things and grades and locations I promised to write up long ago (spider pride >8<). I have ideas, ohhh-ho-ho the ideas I have.

I don't want to be too preoccupied for Miza, I love you guys--I'll be more active as soon as possible!
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Victor Lark on September 10th, 2011, 6:29 am

Eugh. How dare you have a life. I am so disappointed in you.

<3
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 10th, 2011, 4:20 am

I saw this and thought of you
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Seven Xu on October 10th, 2011, 3:31 pm

I'm terrible at sharing
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Seven Xu on October 30th, 2011, 3:24 pm

November Goals
I am not doing Miz NaNoWriMo. I just cannot see myself being able to dedicate that sort of time to writing without completely burning myself out. It's just not happening. That isn’t to say I don’t have character goals!

Macabre
Be a good better assistant.
Attempt to finish my two active modded threads, ‘Is this what I called home?’ and ‘You mean you can store a spell in a scroll?’.

Lysander
Okay I lied, I don’t have character goals for Lysander. Er, well, besides what is happening in Denval’s city-wide storyline. Legion has more goals for my Ethaefal than I do. That may be sad, but this is totally the reason I don’t make alts.

Seven Xu
November Lore/Thread Goals
Patterns in the City of Illusion – This is a part of his job. Whether or not he actually discovers anything, or Alvadas really is completely random is up to a Storyteller’s approval. I already have his charts written and am working on formulas for possible patterns, if the aforementioned approval happens. If not, well, it’s all good fun in him trying.
Conclusion of Zhao Xu’s death – Self-explanatory: Seven freaks the f**k out, fun times are had by all. This is what’s eaten my inspiration for Lysander, focusing on getting this out of the way (or at least on its last leg) before winter hits with people that are way too busy for me to be asking for so much of their time.
[Religion] Akajia – To be later applied to possible Gnosis acquisition in winter, Akajia’s neutrality appeals to Seven and his set of ideals. When he is finished with my arcing fall plotline, he will become more pious. Who better to reach out to, than the goddess of secrets?
Nightstalkers – Goes hand in hand with the above; I want him to be aware of what Nightstalkers are, the various theories surrounding sentience in shadows. This is also a personal goal to read the solitary Nightstalker gnosis award thread with the Akontak ladyface.

Skill goals
Shielding – Competent (Ha. Hahaha. Haaa.)
Observation – Competent

And, I promised myself I wouldn't plan so far ahead again, so I'm making myself skill goals to attempt to complete in the winter season and that's pretty much it.

Winter Lore/Thread Goals
This is where I compliment Alvadas’ DS and Kalea’s RS on how wonderful they are, and then promptly attempt to wriggle a gnosis thread into one of their busy schedules.

Skill goals
Shielding – Expert (*cries*)
Stealth – Competent
Persuasion – Competent
Astronomy – Competent
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext