[Seven's Scrapbook] Writer's Block

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Macabre's Scrapbook] Danse Macabre

Postby Jaiun on October 30th, 2011, 5:08 pm

So...

Just saw the Danse Macabre being played by a professional orchestra, so when I saw your thread title, I knew I had to post in here.

It was a good song.

Well...that's basically it. And I love reading Seven Xu's threads. They're really awesome, not going to lie.
Reworking this character. Please excuse the changes occurring; they won't last long, I promise.
Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Words: 53896
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 31st, 2011, 3:39 am

I found you on Tumblr. You never told me you were a prince. Hell... I didn't even know Canada was a monarchy.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Seven Xu on November 4th, 2011, 2:05 am

Because I'm not posting this on my actual CS until winterish. I need a place to fiddle.

Born to Zhao Xu of Lhavit and Dra-Nesyria of the Plicata Web, Seven emerged from modest origins. The halfblood teenager stands five-foot-six inches tall and because of a lighter than average human skeleton weighs in at just under one hundred pounds. Large, almond-shaped crimson eyes broadcast Seven’s every fleeting emotion. His dark (naturally white) hair is cut medium-length and is often carelessly tousled and hanging in his eyes rather than properly styled. When he opens his mouth too wide to speak or smile, the lengthy venomous canines that reflect the predatory nature of his mother race are easily noted. If one looks closely enough at Seven’s hands, the thumb and index finger on his left hand are home to pitch black remnants of claws; they are kept filed short and in line with the rest of his fingernails. Seven has one thin scar that travels diagonally across the length of his left palm; he also has a small tattoo on his right shoulder: an elaborate crown in red ink.

Seven is an idealist and an introvert. He spends a lot of time in his head—and it makes him appear absent-minded at a glance—though beyond the vacuous daydreamer swarms the active and hungry mind of a scholar. Seven is more comfortable sinking into the background and absorbing information than being on the front line trading it. While anything can be carved deep into the fine features of his marble countenance, Seven’s eyes are utterly incapable of deceit—to his chagrin. When upset he has little issue scrutinizing the things (or, more often, people) that irritate him with a surprisingly venomous tongue, despite his oft-misplaced sense of self-preservation: something that has dulled with time and further external influences. There is something dark inside the halfblood, blood on hands long since washed and then forgotten beneath a veil of fabricated memories.

Seven grew up in an Autava class family in Lhavit in the western Kalea region. He loved the city’s matron Alvina and he had aspirations of someday becoming a Shinya guard; unfortunately, he was predisposed to never live a normal life due to his unsavory bloodline. It was often difficult for the child to understand the uncensored racism towards Symenestra in a city so affected by the Harvest. His father soon became known in his community for the man with the Symenestra child; a sick joke the Gods had played on him.
When Seven reached adolescence he began to gain interest in the world beyond Lhavit’s peaks. He was apt to studying, absorbing what he could from those that passed through the city. Questions arose from this new found curiosity: questions of his origins, of the people that were so reviled on the streets of Lhavit.
At this point in Seven’s life, he and his father began to grow apart. Equally headstrong in their own beliefs, Zhao wanted Seven to forget about the Symenestra; and Seven would only grow more stubborn in his own pursuit of knowledge. Their relationship quickly grew volatile as Seven matured from a moldable child into an independent young man.
No mind goes unpunished living a life of constant torment. During the climax of one particularly explosive argument, Seven's father confessed that his conception was a result of a loveless affair with a halfblood Symenestra whore. Traumatized, he fell into a dissociative fugue episode and brutally murdered the man who regretted bringing him into the world before fleeing the home and city on an outgoing merchant caravan.
Days later, he would “wake” with no memory of the incident; his fragile mind soon filled the void with romanticism and a search for lost kin.

The Search for Redcedar – Spring, 511 AV
Syliras: a vast, stinking metropolis heavily guarded under the ever-watchful eye of knights. Every nook and cranny of the city seemed to hold the colors of the Syliran Knights; there to remind Seven that he was an outsider. The halfblood spent the majority of his first season in the city searching endlessly for a woman that was not there—later discovered in a letter written in the hand of his father. Disillusioned, his purpose ripped out from beneath his feet, Seven had found that there was little joy to be found in Stormhold Citadel.

Little Ghost and a Fragile Bird – Summer, 511 AV
With the onset of summer came new prospects in the unlikely forms of one Victor Lark, a vagrant Ravokian that had traveled across Sylira on foot, threadbare and delusional when the pair stumbled upon each other. Accommodations were shared, and a friendship brought on by charity blossomed into devotion. The second found Seven after a lengthy search; a ghost, tied to the tangible world with a promise to bury the remains of his love; for Seven’s assistance, the apparition instilled him with the invaluable knowledge of shielding magic.
As summer trickled through a set of bony fingertips, the draw of leaving the fortified city behind nagged at him again. With the treacherous first cross of the Suvan a distant memory, and whispers of Alvadas filling the darkness of a windowless stone cage, the fledgling mage had all but set aside any attachment to Syliras in favor of wider skies—but not without the Lark.

Astronomy: Constellations of Lhavit
Astronomy: Fyrden [Basic]
Astronomy: Star Chart Creation
Astronomy: Swalden and Shoyden [Location, Basic]
Cartography: Location of Rainbow Fish Pond
Cartography: Location of Sacred Arch Springs
Disarming Using Shielding
Ethaefal [Basic]
Eypharians [Basic]
Familiars [Basic]
Folk: Lhavitian Folk Songs
Folk: The Story of Zintila
Ghosts [Basic]
Ghosts [Possession]
How to Maintain Instruments [Basic]
How to Mount a Horse
How to Recognize a Symenestra
Kendall Saarinen's Story
Mathematics: Triangulation
Meditation: Removing Distractions
Recognizing Symenos
Religion: Ivak and Azenth
Religion: The Ukalas
Religion: Viratas
Religion: Zintila
Shielding [Basic]
Story [Lelina's Death
Syliras [Moderate]
Symenestra [Basic]
Techniques of a Salesman
The Great Bazaar [Basic]
The Harvest
The Viratassa
The Withering Rose

languages Common [fluent] | Symenos [basic]

Academic
Cartography 28/100 Competent [SP25]
Land Navigation 12/100 Novice [SP10]
Mathematics 12/100 Novice [SP10]
Philosophy 11/100 Novice
Teaching 10/100 Novice
Writing 10/100 Novice [SP10]
Drawing 9/100 Novice [SP5]
Astronomy 4/100 Novice
Reading 1/100 Novice
Calligraphy 1/100 Novice

Arcana
Shielding 13/100 Novice
Meditation 5/100 Novice

Survival
Riding [Horse] 7/100 Novice
Horsemanship 3/100 Novice
Weapon [Dagger] 3/100 Novice
Climbing 2/100 Novice
Brawling 2/100 Novice
Stealth 1/100 Novice
Acrobatics 1/100 Novice

Mundane
Rhetoric 34/100 Competent
Observation 23/100 Novice
Interrogation 20/100 Novice
Seduction 16/100 Novice
Socialization 10/100 Novice
Persuasion 8/100 Novice
Intimidation 7/100 Novice
Storytelling 7/100 Novice
Investigation 5/100 Novice
Subterfuge 4/100 Novice
Negotiation 3/100 Novice
Rambling 3/100 Novice
Singing 2/100 Novice
Cooking 1/100 Novice
Cleaning 1/100 Novice

Equipment
Brown cotton shirt, two white cotton shirts [one new, one worn], sky-blue cotton shirt, black cotton shirt
Dark grey cotton/wool blend vest
Black cotton/wool blend jacket
Worn black trousers, brown trousers
Leather belt, leather gloves
Leather knee-high boots, leather low-boots
Crimson silk cravat

Satchel containing:
1 waterskin
Comb, brush, razor, soap
A few apples
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel

Books
Image The Viratassa [Heirloom]: This book was left to Seven by his father. The Viratassa is a book of some of the teachings of Viratas, written by the god himself.
Image The Art of Shielding: Volume I
Image Leather Notebook

Acquired Items
Image Simple Dagger
Image Tarnished silver pendant

A crumpled drunken poem written by Kendall
[size=80]"I am really enjoying this beer
It is so great that I can get it here
I have not spent much time at the Rearing Stallion as of late
But when I got the chance to drink I did not hesitate
I am now making a new friend
or at least I hope he will be by the nights end."

Expenses
100 Kina [converted] -100K +100GM
100 gold rimmed mizas
Living Expenses Poor [Spring 49-90] - 24.5GM
Kova's Well - 1BM
Ale - 2SM
Asara's apple payment + 3GM
Soothing Waters - 4SM
Seasonal Wages [Summer] + 273GM
Seasonal Expenses [Common, Summer] - 135 GM
Apartment Cash-In + 500GM
Cubacious Inn Lodging - 9GM 3SM
The Stallion's Rear - 581GM 2SM 5CM

Current: 124GM 4SM 4CM

FA 74 511 The Fading Embers Ulric, Seven, Laszlo, Victor The Sun and Stars Tavern
FA 69 511 Remembering to Breathe Seven, Ifran The Sunken Conundrum
FA 36 511 Shenanigans Seven, Victor The Garden of No Return, Alvadas
FA 33 511 A Bad Mood Seven, Laszlo Cubacious Inn
FA 30 511 Team Ulric vs Team Shale Spectator The Colosseum
FA 26 511 My, sadistic mentor! Solo The Abode
FA 14 511 Chase the Sun Seven, Victor, Sonya, Amarhyl Syliran Docks, Syliras
SU 31 511 Marmoreal Kin Seven, Devmond The Golden Dragon, Syliras
SU 7 511 Just a Little Browsing Seven, Jaelyn The Bazaar & Dyers District, Syliras
WI 510 Departure Solo Xu Residence, Lhavit

Archive :
FA 30 511 Under a Different Light Seven, Laszlo Appearances can be deceiving; so can hypnosis.
SU 63 511 The Games We Play Seven, Victor A forced homebody visits his working halfblood.
SU 33 511 A Gift from Six and Eight Seven, Asara, Victor A reunion turns sour under brash curiosities.
SU 29 511 Leth-Faces Seven, Runas Seven meets an Ethaefal for the first time, and while he finds her abrasive he prods her for information regarding the cosmos.
SU 27 511 Finding A Map Seven, Tessa Poe Tessa seeks Sina, but finds a map instead.
SU 23 511 Clumsy Fingers Runas, Lucas Seven paints a harp, and is accused of being female.
SU 21 511 Reciprocation Seven, Victor A favor is repaid, and on a light-hearted outing a friendship grows beyond the bounds Seven could have ever anticipated.
SU 10 511 The Art of Shielding Solo Shielding practice.
SU 9 511 A Study in Half-Breeds Seven, Dhalvasha An unnerving doctor hypnotizes Seven and lures him to potential experimentation.
SU 7 511 Stargazing on a Rooftop Seven, Asara Evening Asara and Seven teach each other a bit about language, to be continued.
SU 6 511 The Whispering Wind Seven, Archon A ghost manages to grab Seven's attention and requests his help. They venture into the Bronze Woods and are attacked.
SU 4 511 Begun Again Seven, Victor Seven meets a ragged Ravokian at Soothing Waters. They move on to the Rearing Stallion, where Victor buys Seven dinner and they exchange information. Offering Victor his bed, Seven finds companionship and intends on nursing the weary traveler back to health.
SP 508 Under Star and Under Moon Seven, Veldrys Flashback: Seven meets another Symenestra by the name of Veldrys, who bestows unto him a wealth of knowledge regarding the Symenestra race. Their relationship flourishes in a surprisingly short amount of time, and Seven experiences his first fleeting romance.
SP 87 511 'Til the World Ends Seven, Kendall Wrought with bittersweet feelings, Seven and Kendall meet up and drink on the beach.
SP 85 511 Cutting Off Solo Seven discovers a painful truth about his mother.
SP 69 511 Hide and Seek Seven, Jokor, Nathaniel Seven encounters a rogue that insults him and steals his heirloom Viratassa. A chase through Syliras ensues.
SP 67 511 A Favor Seven, Rhode Seven gets into a bit of trouble in the Warehouse District when he's accused of thievery. An Eypharian by the name of Rhode comes to his rescue, and they find they have a lot more in common than either would think. Unnerved by the similarities he sees in Seven, Rhode leaves the bath -- but not before giving Seven some odd advice and a place to find him in the future. (Injury: Black eye)
SP 52 511 The Stars' Lament Seven, Hadrian Hadrian and Seven speak in the Stone Garden after Seven disturbs Hadrian's meditation. After a short exchange, Seven invites Hadrian over for tea and they discuss the stars.
SP 51 511 First Encounters Seven, Troy Seven bumps into Troy in the Marketplace.
SP 50 511 Bumpy Ride Seven, Dimitri Seven gets a taste of riding first-hand, and decides it isn't for him.
SP 49 511 Retracing One's Steps Seven, Dimitri Seven offers to map Dimitri's fabled lake east of the Citadel. The pair spend the day together and Seven gets his first taste of horseback riding and the chivalry of Sylirian Squires.
SP 48 511 Mapping it Out Seven, Kendall Seven quite literally bumps into Kendall on his first day in Syliras and a friendship is kindled.
SP 39 508 Peony Moon Solo A keen sister spies a Symenestra.
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 8th, 2011, 4:20 am

*fills your scrappie up with water*
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on November 8th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Seven the dark hair brings out your eyes!

*noms Ken's adorable hedgehog*
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Seven Xu on November 12th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Ever get the feeling you're being blatantly ripped off and are too polite to tear the person a new one?

Problem solved. Also, for lack of anything else to say, I'm posting this accomplishment in my scrapbook.

Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Laszlo on November 13th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Omg you are like a superhero. ._.

TIME FOR PÂTES!! YEAH!
In the daytime I am one of Syna's fallen.
At night, I am Symenestra.
Laszlo
Team Imass!

Words: 635811
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 3:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 14th, 2011, 4:30 am

Is it bad that I didn't think of sharing this with you until I saw the last option?
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 20th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Me---->Image<----You
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Seven Xu on November 22nd, 2011, 2:09 pm

Hahahaha... god, if I had a nickel...

Have you ever spent most of your childhood life being told to believe in something, blindly going along with it, only to break out later in life with your own sense of self, being confused and maybe a bit resentful of what you were told to believe, whether you still have faith in it or not? I feel as if this is common within the world, notably in North America where I'm from with Christianity, and I'd like to hear other peoples' take on it. Not that I'm looking for religion, myself (I was indoctrinated with the best of Jesus' little children and still--albeit apathetically--fall into the category of Christian), but I am about to start that little inward journey IC with a character once disillusioned by faith, but now grasping for it as a comfort mechanism. Have you ever dealt with something tragic, dramatic, that made you turn to faith? Are you willing to talk about it? Does this make me sound like Springer?

They say the best writing derives from real life, and since I cannot relate, I'd love some help from those of you that can. If you want to talk about it, of course.
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext