[Seven's Scrapbook] Writer's Block

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Seven's Scrapbook] Writer's Block

Postby Macabre on July 11th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Welcome to my scrapbook. Take what you will from my posts here; sometimes I can be an incredibly candid person and am willing to hand out grains of salt to those that bruise easily.
I decided that rather than have different scrapbooks for different PCs, those that I have now and those that I make in the future, everything including my own musings and their dealings will be done from my pretty new scrapbook. So, bienvenue, welcome, make yourself comfortable. I stole the following from the Lark’s scrapbook, because it makes a pretty good introduction what with the borderline useless information you get about me that breaks the ice. Or, something!

Name: Cody, aka Coco, Cocobear, Cocopuff, and so on, and so on.
Sex: Male
Nationality: Canadian
Likes: reading, writing, drawing, painting, design, coffee, rain, websites with pictures of corgis on them
Dislikes: ridiculous heat, cliquish behavior, intolerance, most insects, not having coffee, waiting

on knowing

Know who your friends are. That sounds ominous, but I’m sincere when I say it.

Lately a lot has been going on, uproarious drama that may or may not be warranted on either side that I’ve done my best to, for the most part, stay the hell away from. The parties involved have due cause to have what opinions they do or else they would not have them, and the best I can hope for is a resolution everyone can be happy with. Sometimes onus is a product of association; I know I am not liked by those few and far between for this very reason but for the most part I tend to find many friends on Mizahar. Friends that are good to me, friends I can have a good time with, write with. Sometimes you make friends with people that other people don’t like, but I’d like to think I left inanities like he said, she said behind when I picked up my high school diploma six (god, has it been that long?) years ago. I’d like to think that through spats, I can still remain friends with those I think highly of without needing to glower at those on “the other” side.
When all is said and done I will have few regrets in my time here, but I’ve already managed to unknowingly pick up my first. A good friend of mine is no longer on the site, and I was never able to write with her. Or, perhaps I just didn’t try hard enough to reach out and write with her in my short time here. Incredibly talented, and one of the very few that I was able to talk to on a deep, personal level. I’m sure that someday, I’ll be able to prod her into writing something off-Mizahar together, however small. She was and will continue to be a great inspiration to me and I will miss her deeply.

So again, I stress that you know who your friends are – or if you’re new to the site, establish those connections: make friends, reach out and find strangers on the internet to relate to. I swear, some of the most interesting people I’ve ever met I have met online.

coco
Last edited by Macabre on November 23rd, 2011, 12:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

[Macabre's Scrapbook] Danse Macabre

Postby Kendall Saarinen on July 12th, 2011, 12:13 am

Brilliantly put Cody :) I don't think I've ever called you that o_o Anyways, I have been meaning to write a post in my own scrapbook just like this. I know who you are talking about and I will miss her too. I already miss her. I am in the same boat with never getting to write with her. I'm here for you always and I am happy to say that you are one of my best friends on the site. Things will get better. They gotta.

Stay gold Codyboy, stay gold.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Macabre on July 13th, 2011, 3:53 pm

on indecision

Anyone that knows me even a little bit knows I’m an incredibly indecisive person. You ask me something, and I’ll flip-flop several times, stammer and hum and poke around until I finally make a decision - and even then I may not be happy with said decision. It is what it is.

That being said, I’ve swapped Seven’s model. Again. But, to be fair, he didn’t really have a very good one, anyway. Kyle so-and-so went on an extended vacation from his deviantART, flickr, and so on and so on and despite his face being gorgeous and wonderful and exactly how I want Seven to look; he flip-flops too much for me to have good body shots to use on, say, my character sheet. That isn’t to say I’m changing Seven’s avatar, because again, his face is bloody gorgeous. Those eyes! If he ever goes off to do more shoots in his wonderful white wig I’ll be snagging him up again and never letting go and he is forever the face of my adorable halfblood.

So, since Seven is mine and I do what I want, Lucas Ardel is my silver medal (I kid, he’s actually quite lovely and I’m happy to use him!). That is, a very slightly photoshopped and narrow-faced Lucas Ardel. He’s lovely, really. And, he has the full body shots that fit wonderfully into Seven’s character sheet.

I want to stress how annoying it is to attempt to find the perfect model. I’m not sure I’ll ever end my search completely. I have a vision in my head of how exactly I want Seven to look, and since I don’t really like drawn photos because the Mizahar in my head is not an animated world, I will continue to scour the internet and stalk Kyle from deviantART with the perfect Seven face and unfortunate brown hair. Two models, you say?! Blasphemous cad! It’s not like white-haired, red-eyed teenagers are hard to find!

edit: jkjkjk I found him (*u*

My to-do list has grown a little bit smaller today, and for that I’m happy. But for the sake of inflating my own ego, here’s what I’ve got on the go:

o AS stuff! Woo! I have some mage and non-mage NPCs to write up for Kalinor, still, as well as a location. I’m hoping that my muse comes off of his or her vacation soon, because creative writing in itself has been painful lately.
o Spend less time in chat. Seriously guys you’re getting hard to follow and it’s more than distracting, and it’s a terrible guilty pleasure of mine. Grr.
o Seven’s astronomy: This is sort of a major plot hole in my PC’s existence; Ophelia and I were going to flesh this out in a modded thread or two, but now that she’s gone I’m either going to do it through flashbacks, or just let people assume that with a whopping skill of 2 in Astronomy, my PC knows coordinates and has the ability to competently map stars.
o Develop Lysander: This character started out as little more than a novelty; a pet for Sitkanis to smack around and Chesh and I to have a good laugh. He’s growing on me, though, very much so and I will be digging in to this kid’s head to figure out what makes him tick.

Ah… that’s about it. I’ll leave you all with this gem of a song about a penguin who loves to shop.

coco
Last edited by Macabre on July 20th, 2011, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macabre

Office

Postby Macabre on July 15th, 2011, 11:47 am

on creativity

Not a ton of substance in this scrapbook update. I spent the evening poking around in Photoshop until something worth continuing made an appearance on my monitor. Creativity strikes at weird times for me, both writing and drawing. WHY DOES SEVEN LOOK LIKE A WOMAN?! /fixfixfixfix

Late night Photoshop painting - far from done (Obviously, he looks female)! And, two days later here's an update and I've fixed most of what I found wrong. Still far from finished though.

Inspiration strikes at odd times. I can't usually make myself draw what I want - this actually started out as a full-body sketch and I may go back to the original and do something entirely different - here is the sketch, downsized to oblivion. That will be a German flag around his neck. In alternate, modern roleplay universes, my little Sieben is German. Pose look familiar? I stole it from his CS because I am awful at making them up myself unless I just make someone standing/sitting all stoic and bored like. orz

Ah, yes, I'm also working on chibis of Hadrian and Veldrys (GMC style, baby!), if they ever get to the point of being done. Veldrys changed his darn model and doesn't have wooshy curly hair anymore and I blame it on morphing. Yeah. Morphing.

kolkolkolkolkol~ that's all I've got.

coco
Last edited by Macabre on July 17th, 2011, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macabre

Office

Postby Kendall Saarinen on July 15th, 2011, 1:31 pm

OMGOMGOMG little baby Hadrian is so cute *dies*

In truth all of your art is cute and awesome. I can wait to see it all finished. Especially Hadrian (sorry, I'm a little biased).
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Macabre on July 17th, 2011, 2:46 pm

i'm not explaining this

Macabre

Office

Postby Sitkanis on July 17th, 2011, 3:16 pm

:|
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Elizaveta on July 18th, 2011, 3:22 am

lolwtf. I'm now mentally/physically disturbed.
Elizaveta
the Enchanted Doll

Words: 8842
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 1:10 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Macabre on July 19th, 2011, 4:29 pm

what, again?!

Okay but serious face on, I've been sort of wanting to do this for a while now because Seven is supposed to be Asian. He really is. Then was shown a very adorable photo that made me decide to do it for good (like seriously how can I not). Lovable? Very. Androgynous? Painfully. SEXY TONGUE FACE? AWW YEAH.

So I'm done, that's it, no more model swapping or flip-flopping we're good.

I might go download Moon Child now and fanboy over vampires.

coco

Macabre

Office

Postby Runas on July 20th, 2011, 12:50 am

(: Hello~

I was totally expecting to return to Seven's scrapbook where he flashed that oh so adorable man as his model some time ago. I was pleasantly surprised to find a name I recognized, as well as totally confused as to how I came here, until I read the name 'Coco'. And then I was like "OMFG!"

I figured you were Canadian. Sadly, I'm not, although I call Canada my home and I have for about... Fourteen years now. So, tansi! ;P Although, I think you and I may live in different provinces all together. D: Which sucks, seeing as you're a really awesome person. You got personality there, Coco~ I love writing with you. You're totally awesome. Of course, if you ever bring one of your PCs to the Suvan, or if I decide to make my Runas follow your Seven, I'll try to play nice... Of course, not in Runas' case, but in the case of my Svefra and Zith.

:) I hope we play some more together. I'd be glad to tell anyone and everyone that your my friend. But now I know what word I can use instead of getting sexuality confused. Ami.

You're such an awesome person. ^^

Oh, by the way, I have a question I've begun to ask every new friend, male or female, I claim.

Do you like raw toast?

Much love,

Reza~
All the heavens cried when the angels fell.
Runas
Come... play my game.

Words: 73373
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2011, 9:10 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next