Another Day at the Docks (Elisse)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ricky Maze on June 30th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Elisse seemed to be curious about their journey here, after all she did ask about Odis' well healed wound. So Ricky decided that he would give the whole story, just to see how she would react. "Well, Odis and I were traveling with a Kelvic companion until we were about a day's worth away from Syliras. We were tired out from the trip of course but the night came with an unexpected turn, as a wild bear decided to show itself within our camp." Elisse happened to look intrigued enough, He took a good breathe in to continue the rest. "My companion wanted to scare off the bear so he waited for the right moment, I was getting ready to attack when all of a sudden Odis jumped at the monstrous animal before me. It shocked me how fast Odis had reacted, but I took my chance and jabbed my sword at the bear." He took another good breathe, he actually was enjoying how he was telling the story.

"My sword pierced it in the shoulder so I quickly had to draw back. My companion had hit the bear with hot burning wood on it's back and managed to slide it under the bear before the bear came to the ground. Alas Odis..." He looked at his companion, hurt within his eyes as the night still remain before his eyes. He couldn't stop the story there though, he had to finish though otherwise she would be left off. "Odis became caught under the bear and burned his hind leg on the wood, and finally managed to get out and away from the bear...I was furious. I waited for the right moment, and angled my blade to a position that would hopefully kill the beast. When it came in for it's kill I went in for my, got my arm scratched badly in the process...but I pierced my blade into it's chest where the heart was located." He showed the scar on his left shoulder, then started to pet Odis. "After I got out from under the bear I patched up Odis, but the fire was spreading from the wood to the campfire. My companion, I guess he was afraid of the fire, had the right idea to leave after we patched up Odis' leg. Of course I was left behind, but I still continued to Syliras."

He looked back up at Elisse with a small grin, "and here I am. A whole season of Odis' leg healing and me fishing so we can earn some coin, and soon we'll be off."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elisse on June 30th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Elisse listened carefully to Ricky's story. As he spoke her eyes lit with intrigue and curiosity. She loved to hear a story, and Ricky appeared to enjoy telling this one. She followed his gaze down to the dog, still sitting by her side. She had never had an animal of her own, but she realized how attached they could get to their masters.

She returned her gaze to Ricky to see the scar he motioned to. It looked like it had been a painful wound at the time. She waited quietly until he had finished his tale, and then smiled.
"It seems you had quite an adventure. At least Odis is healed now." She looked down at the dog again, who had moved to be near his master. She thought she could see a faint scar on one of his back legs. "And thank goodness you were so close to the city."

She smiled again and tilted her head slightly in curiosity.
"Where are you planning to go next?" Elisse longed to travel. She desperately wanted to go out and see the world for herself, but she was too afraid to go alone. She had been sheltered her whole life, both in Syliras and the University.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Words: 23711
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on June 30th, 2011, 8:19 pm

"Well we're bout to see about getting to Alvadas so we can arrive within the Kalea region. From there we'll be heading to Wind Reach, and I can finally meet the person that made necklace." He said with a smile, it sounded so easy when he said what that. When really it would take a long time to get there, with no doubt more challenges ahead. With those challenges in mind though he will be ready, and he will prepare himself for those situations ahead. The small glass feather was a symbol to him, a link that proved there was someone waiting. He could picture how his mother would react when he arrived, and his hopes rose even higher that his imagination would really happen.

"What about you m'lady? Are you planning to go anywhere?" He asked while he was petting Odis, who was now leaning against his master with happy pants.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on June 30th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Alvadas? "You're going to the City of Illusions?" Elisse knew of that place and it intrigued her greatly. From what she knew everything was always shifting. Nothing appeared to be what it really was. It was one of the places she was desperate to go.

Wind Reach on the other hand was a place she was not so knowledgeable about. She knew that the Inarta lived there alongside their magnificent eagles, and she knew of their stunning glassworks. But that was her limit really. She pondered his question for a moment, thinking of how to word her answer.

"I have many plans, but I can't see myself following them." She gave a rueful smile. "The two places I dream of visiting are Mura and Alvadas." She shrugged. One day she would visit them both. Any other city along the way would just be a bonus.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on June 30th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Ricky could see something familiar in her eyes, something he knew all to well. Because he felt it to, the same longing for an adventure. It was clearly in her eyes, she longed to see places that interest her; and Ricky wanted to help her. His travels offered her an opportunity, and after Wind Reach he had no plans besides heading home. However that didn't mean he could change those plans though, and he would gladly visit other places. This could indeed be an opportunity for them both.

"Well I know that I'm kinda short on what to do after my stop at Wind Reach, but if you would like I could use another travel companion. After all Mura can simply be another stop after my business in Wind Reach, so if you like you can travel with us." Odis gave a happy bark after his proposal, practically saying that he was in agreement with this proposal.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on June 30th, 2011, 8:50 pm

She studied Ricky's face carefully. He seemed to be thinking, almost as if a sudden idea had come to him. There was a sharp intake of breath at his words and her eyes lit up with sudden excitement. He was offering Elisse the one thing that she wanted most right now. Travel, adventure. She had to resist the urge to clap.

"You would honestly take me as a companion on your journey?" A grin was starting to twitch at the corner of her mouth. "I would love to go with you! A chance to see Alvadas is exactly what I have been wanting. And Wind Reach... well I can learn about that. And will you really be okay with going to Mura?" Pink crept into her cheeks as she realized she had started babbling. She cleared her throat. "Uh, I mean, yes. And thank you for the offer." Her smile had turned sheepish and she fixed her eyes on Odis.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on June 30th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Ricky could help but to laugh a bit when she grew excited, he knew that giving her the opportunity of traveling would please her. It was good fortune that they met, the chance to travel and make another wonderful friend along the way always made him good about the road ahead.

"Excellent then, don't be afraid to show your excitement though." He reassured her, Odis barked and wagged his tail with his own excitement. "I'm still preparing for the travels ahead, but I'll come by your place when I believe I'm ready. That is if you would like for me to accompany you to your home of course, no lady should have to walk alone; and I'll be able to remember where you stay at." That sounded better in his head, in short he began to stutter and shake his head. Keeping himself from continuing further embarrassment.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on July 1st, 2011, 1:13 pm

Elisse saw a similar emotion in Ricky's eyes. It wasn't excitement though, more joy? She wasn't sure but all the same it was a good thing. The corner of her mouth twitched with the echo of a smile at his laughter - he had obviously picked up her enthusiasm.

"Oh, well I suppose you could accompany me home." She offered him a smile. "It would make sense for you to know where it is." Elisse was staying with her parents. She hadn't thought it necessary to obtain her own place since she wasn't planning on sticking around. She motioned down the dock in the direction of her home. "When is it you plan to leave?"
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on July 1st, 2011, 6:02 pm

"Ten more days hopefully, if the fish sell well of course. I promise it'll be that day though, and I'll be sure to come and find you." He reassured, picking up his fishing gear and allowing her to lead. "Until then you just relax and prepare for the journey ahead, Alvadas will take a while to get to but Wind Reach will be the real challenge." He walked next to her but didn't take any lead, after all she was the one who knew where they were going.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on July 1st, 2011, 6:13 pm

Elisse proceeded to walk down the dock, pausing to let Ricky collect his fishing equipment. "Ten days. That's plenty of time." She smiled, making mental lists of what she would need. She fell into step beside him, Odis following the pair through the city. Alvadas would certainly be a journey and a half. Wind Reach she was unsure of, but she knew that it was high up.

They quickly reached her parents home, near to the blacksmith. She turned to Ricky with a smile. [b]"This is where I will see you in ten days!" \She bent to stroke Odis, gave Ricky a smile in thanks, and stepped inside.

OOCI figured it was a good place to wrap up. Now we can get on with planning and travelling (:
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext