Another Day at the Docks (Elisse)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ricky Maze on June 18th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Day 10 of Summer, 511 AV

Odis was laid comfortable on the docks next to Ricky, snoozing as the great weather filled both of their spirits. It was hot but not hot enough to keep Ricky and Odis from enjoying their fishing, and while the cool salty air filled their nostrils the comforting breeze reminded them of a familiar place they once lived in for a long time. Yes, a full season had passed since the have arrived. After the encounter with the bear Odis had to rest, so his leg would heal properly for the rest of the journey. It was a bitter parting when they arrived, because Nex had to continue on his journey to Ravok. Even though they had arrived that still proved to be little trouble for them, after finally convincing the guard at the entrance around the time he finally found some doctor that would pay to help the wound.

The burn wasn't as bad as Ricky thought the first time he inspected, and with the good doctor's medical help he made the wound heal with little problem. While Odis bore no scar on the leg Ricky was a different story, he had a good sized scare across the left shoulder. After that run in with the bear he could never imagine doing what he did again, but he paid little attention to the past. More of the funds was paid than he anticipated and his schedule was way behind due to it, so fishing was all he could do to pay the fee for renting a room at an inn all spring; as well as building more currency for the road ahead.

Ricky noticed that a fair lady with brown hair walked behind him, her attention deep in a book. She seemed to pass them and head down to the end of the docks, and Odis wagged his tail when his attention fixated toward her. Ricky looked to her and back and Odis, "Oh come on boy your not really going to bother her are-" Too late, as Odis ran to her. Ricky sighed as he pulled in his rod and set it down, and stood up to get the dog before he could do the girl any more disturbance.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elisse on June 19th, 2011, 12:03 am

Elisse was feeling guilty for spending the previous day holed up in her room at her parents building, so she had decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and venture out into the city. Naturally, a book came with her and she headed out with it tucked neatly under her arm.

Since returning to Syliras after her Zeltivan education, the young woman had spent the majority of her time on only a few limited places; her room, the bookstore or the Stone Gardens. A few days previously she had broken the habit and had paid a visit to the Windmount Stables, resulting in an impromptu riding lesson from a young Squire. Elisse decided to break her chain again and venture to a different part of the city. Her wandering soon led her to the docks, and she spent a little while observing the fisherman going about their daily tasks.

After some time, she cracked open her book and began to wander further down. She had previously learned that reading and walking weren’t a good combination, but as usual her previous experience went ignored. She was so intent on her paragraph that she didn’t hear the clicking of claws on the dock behind her, and it wasn’t until she felt the nudge of a nose on her leg that she registered the dog. She closed her book and knelt down near the animal, a smile stretching over her face. She laughed lightly and stroked the creature behind it’s ears, looking up as a man approached. He appeared to have chased after the dog, and Elisse gave him a smile.
”This one yours?”
Elisse
Fire Burns

Words: 23711
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on June 19th, 2011, 12:17 am

Ricky couldn't help but smile back after he caught up to Odis, which he simply enjoyed the attention the woman gave; panting and licking her hand in his excitement. It made Ricky feel good now that Odis was back to his original self, after the all the poor dog endured a lot after his burn. "Yea, he's mine alright. Little sport likes to make new friends whenever he can." Ricky smiled, rubbing his companions head. He looked to the woman to find not only a well beautiful face in front of him but wonderful eyes the color of Azul as well, features that went well with her. "I'm..sorry if he was botherin you any. He's quite a handful for me sometimes as you can tell, but I love him without a doubt for sure." He looked back down at the dog, one to stop himself from staring and two to make sure the pup don't lick the girls had too much.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on June 19th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Elisse smiled up at the man standing over her. He seemed around her age, perhaps a couple of years older, and well built. It was his eyes that caught her though, a deep crystalline blue, not dissimilar from her own. Her attention was distracted as the dog nudged and licked at her hand. She grinned and placed her book on the floor before fussing over him again.

"He's not a bother at all!" She smiled back up at the man before seeming to remember something. "Oh! My name is Elisse. I would offer to shake your hand but..." She looked back down to where the dog was still licking at her fingers. "What is his name?"

OOCShort post >_< Sorry! Hopefully my writing will pick up in the next one.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on June 20th, 2011, 3:29 am

Ricky let a giggle out of him when she mentioned the handshake, he couldn't help but smile at her; she seemed like the peaceful sort. "His name is Odis, and I'm Ricky." Odis barked to give his greeting, a well friendly put introduction from the playful pet. Ricky took a quick glance at the book on the floor, curiousity filling his interest. "So uh, what book are you reading?" He asked, trying to strike a friendly conversation as to avoid any awkward silence.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on June 27th, 2011, 6:24 pm

The corner of her mouth twitched into a smile when the man laughed. She held the dogs head in her hands and smiled at it. "Well hello Odis." She petted it's head before looking back up at the man. She stood and wiped her hand on her tunic before holding it out to him. "It's nice to meet you Ricky."

She gave him yet another smile before picking up her book to show him. "An Anthropology book. Well, it's really a book about Lhavit..." She gave a light shrug before tucking it back under her arm. "What are you doing down at the docks? Do you fish?" It seemed plausible, after all not many other people spent time down here. She had walked right past him before, so she hadn't seen what he had been doing.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on June 27th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Ricky looked back at his fishing gear, then returned his attention to the pretty woman before him. It was a quick observation if simple, still something to give credit for since she did happen to notice. "Yea, fishing is one of my hobbies. My pa pretty much raised me to be a fisherman, though he was more of a sailor really. I came all the way here from Zeltiva, and had a accident on the way. So Odis had to take the Spring to recover, and I've simply been fishing for some good coin." He replied with enthusiasm but there was still something inside, it was the feeling of being homesick. After all the home so well was always filled with that same sea air everyday, and Syliras had little of the same. It was similar, but he didn't think to much on it. He didn't want to zone out into thought while he stood in front of the lass.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on June 28th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Elisse listened quietly while Ricky spoke, her hand resting on the dogs head, absently scratching his ears. She quickly glanced past him, down the dock, and saw what she thought to be a fishing pole. He must have abandoned it to come and chase after Odis. She returned her attention to the man, her eyes lighting up a little when Zeltiva was mentioned.

"You're from Zeltiva? I studied there for a few years." She paused for a moment and scrutinized him. "It's a wonder we've never met before!" She noticed a slightly faraway look had crept into his eyes. "You miss it?" Her voice was soft, her eyes filled with sympathy. She could understand if he missed the city, after all it was such a wonderful place.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on June 29th, 2011, 5:52 am

"Yes. Zeltiva is a fascinating place, being raised there gives many memories. It's only natural that I would miss my home." He reassured with a grin, noticing that Odis happily sat comfortably next to her; her hand massaging his head. She had a very gentle touch apparently, Odis wouldn't usually remain by someone that long. Not since their last companion at least, and it would still be a good while before they were to reach their destination.

"So you studied at Zeltiva? For how long exactly? The odds of us crossing could've been possible after all." He showed interest in her, his curiosity now piqued. He never really paid much attention to women before, though he had more than enough spare time if he tried. He simply didn't want to avert his focus on anything else other than his goal, now that he was nearly halfway there he didn't mind trying to be social and make new companions.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elisse on June 30th, 2011, 8:31 am

Elisse nodded. She wasn't raised there, but she certainly missed it. She followed his gaze down to the dog. There was something on the mans face that told her he didn't expect Odis to still be sat there. She had never really had a way with animals - the only thing even close to a pet she had was her father's old horse.

"I was there for three years. I actually got back here late last season." She smiled. A tiny crease marred her brow as she thought again, trying to find Ricky in all the faces she had encountered in Zeltiva. There was someone at the docks who might have been him, but the absence of a dog meant that she was probably wrong.
"So... where were you traveling to when Odis got hurt? Was it here?" She had a feeling that the man hadn't intended to come to Syliras, but she could be wrong.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next