[Tarsin's Boarding House] Three to Tango [Clyde, Ethan]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 17th, 2011, 4:26 am

It seemed everything was going fine so far. As Hadrian struck the hammer a few more times, he could almost feel the energy in the air. It seemed they were close to completion.

Taking the proffered dagger, Clyde walked over to the tub of previously made water. This would be used for cooling the magical item, and to signify there completion. Once it had cooled overnight, the effect would be active, and no more magic could be done to the item.

Dropping it in, it quickly sank to the bottom. Perhaps he was imagining it, but it seemed to bubble as it went down, almost like it was a hot piece of metal, cooling at contact with water. Though it had not been physically hot when he had been holding it. It would take the night, but by morning it should be properly cooled.

"Yes, it seems everything is going well, we are almost done with it. I have thought a lot about the buyer, and our choices are limited. Since you don't want to deal with the ebonstryfe, that really only leaves a rich merchant."

"I believe our best bet is one of the rich merchant families. For our purposes, someone from the Nitrozian family might be best, perhaps one of the mid level family members? Otherwise as you get to high up, they have ties to the ebonstryfe. But the lower ones would still have enough money to perhaps buy it. What do you think?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on July 20th, 2011, 3:58 am

63rd Summer, 511 A.V.

When they reconvened the following day, there was little else to be done but retrieve the dagger from the charged water, test its efficacy, and see to the buyer of whom they had spoken the day previous. With a hand sheathed in res, he reached into the pail for the dagger, his res repelling water rather than attracting it, and thus his hand and the blade were dry when he pulled it free.

"I believe you were correct yesterday when you suggested a Nitrozian buyer," he mused, even as he peered at the newly minted patterns of djed in the dagger's aura, testing it against what he knew of enchantments. He held the hilt of the dagger to Ethan, figuring he would be the best to test the thing, having had little to do with the actual enchantment other than observing and performing whatever tasks were asked of him with good humor.

Now he swung his hand around, the water from the pail swirling up to meet his power, and as he swung his hand around, the water came to congeal into a shield of ice that separated him from the Kelvic.

"Ethan, if you would be so kind, please aim the dagger at my shield and imagine fire. The trigger should require little more than thought and intention."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 27th, 2011, 6:28 am

Today Clyde came for the final stage of there crafting. Now that the item was done, they only needed to try it out, and sell it. Then they could go on to bigger and better things.

It seemed Ethan was going to try out the blade, he hoped all had gone well, and the enchantment had taken hold. If they were lucky, flames would soon be sprouting from there blade.

"Yes, I believe they would be a good place to start the search for a buyer. Let us cross our fingers, and wish for luck!"

Having said this, he went back to watching the dagger. He could not wait to see it in action, and wondered how exactly the magic would manifest itself. Would it shoot out of it a fireball? Or would the blade simply be covered in a hot burning flame?

Also Clyde was excited to see another shielder in action, which was always a good sight.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on July 28th, 2011, 7:07 am

[With the player's permission...]

As Ethan made like a good slave (in name or in fact), Hadrian twined Shield energy through the shield of ice that he had created, forming an imperfect and uneven sheen of protection over his elemental shield. It was not a clean or complete job, but he was a novice Shielder and this was just an attempt to add a bit of protection to a preexisting shield, so by the time Ethan pointed the dagger at him and their little pet project expelled a fireball at him, the thing was partially deflected by the Shield and otherwise absorbed by the ice shield, which instantly began to melt.

The impact of it sent Hadrian back a few steps, but he was no warrior. All the same, he grinned at Ethan and Clyde, glad to see that their work had been a success.

"Well done, us!" he exclaimed. "It should only take a few minutes to recharge with the ambient djed."

He released his control of the Shield and the ice, and the former merged quickly back into that selfsame ambient djed while the ice fell to the floor, cracked, and began to melt into the rug. All they would have to do is hang it up near an open window and the summer air would help it dry up.

"So..." He glanced down at the remains of the glyphs, which never stuck around after their purpose had been served, and walked over to retrieve the bespelled blade from Ethan in a large swatch of silk. "Tomorrow we shall have to speak to a buyer, and then, assuming we get a decent price, we should be able to do more work..."

Then he laughed, truly in his element, even here in Ravok.

END
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Verilian on August 16th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Hadrian

• +1 Hypnotism
  • +1 Morphing
  • +3 Auristics
  • +2 Observation
  • +3 Glyphing
  • +3 Shielding
  • +2 Voiding
  • +3 Flute
  • +5 Magecrafting
  • +3 Reimancy

Lores: Keeping the Calm, Hashing out the Details, Combining Multiple Magics for a Single Goal, Success!, Magecrafting a Fire Dagger (Competent)

Clyde Sullins

• +1 Rhetoric
  • +2 Glyphing
  • +5 Observation
  • +1 Reimancy
  • +3 Magecrafting

Lores: Hashing out the Details, The Differences between Res, Watching an Expert work his Craft, Success!, Magecrafting a Fire Dagger (Basic)

Ethan

• +1 Acting

Lores: Pretending to be a Slave, Success!

You Question My Logic? :
Ethan - I could not award you much of anything since you did not take part in most of the thread. Clyde and Hadrian NPCing your character doesn't count. The Acting was for pretending to be a slave in the beginning. Any questions about anything else from anyone, feel free to PM me.

Collective Expenses: -1000gm

Notes: I was very impressed with the creativity and thought put into this thread. It was a joy to read. Keep up the good work!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous