Footprints in the Snow (Silvy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Varian Snowsong on August 1st, 2011, 6:53 pm

„I long for that“, he confirmed, and his eyes darkened as he thought about what he had lost, but then he pushed those unpleasant thoughts away, into a corner of his mind. Thinking about it, constantly dwelling on the life he had had, on the life he could have if things had been a little different was of no use. There was no going back. He doubted that even the gods were able to reverse time, otherwise the Valterrian would never have happened the way it had. This was, as much as he disliked it, the only kind of life he had.

For a moment he had forgotten that she was a Kelvic again. His eyes only saw a lovely, silver haired woman. But as she talked more about her friend, he became fully aware that she was a wolf in human skin again. It fascinated him that she could be both. „A cat that is bigger than a wolf?“ he asked incredulously. Of course he had not seen Silvy in her animal form yet, but to him wolves had always seemed fairly big. „What kind of cat is she? A leopard? A lion? I never knew that there were lions in Avanthal. I always thought it was much too cold for them here.“

„You are right of course“, he continued. „Just as you have been right before. You can’t know what would be best for me and what I should spend my time with. You aren’t me. It’s something that I should decide, shouldn’t I? Do you think I should try to find that song after all, that greatest song that brought me to Sylira where I became as I am now?“ There was a certain bitterness in his voice as he asked this, but at the same time his love for music would be obvious to her. Music was one of the things that kept him going.

„No, maybe expecting a sign from the gods is presumptuous“, he agreed. How could a woman that had only lived for a fraction of his life know so much? Was it due to her Kelvic nature? Maybe humanity wasn’t the answer to everything. Maybe it would be better to think like an animal, to see the world like an animal sometimes. Maybe everything would be better if he had somebody like her, if he could feel what she felt, if he could see what she saw.

Maybe if you combined somebody that was half alive with somebody like her, that was more than alive, maybe the result would be perfect then, a perfect kind of bond. For a moment it almost seemed to him as if he could feel it, as if he could see everything through her eyes. For a moment it seemed to him as if he could feel the blood pulsing through her veins, the warmth of her skin. He could smell everything, the snow, the hint of the wolf within her, his own slightly unpleasant scent, death mixed with a hint of perfume. He could hear her heart beat.

He could feel it as she touched his lips. He could feel both her soft, warm skin and his cold one, and he didn’t ask why, why she was doing this to him, a dead man, how she could make him feel this way. It just seemed perfect, natural, as if this was how it was meant to be. „This is it then?“ he asked, amazed. „Will it always be this way?“
Varian Snowsong
Player

Words: 36712
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:10 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Silvy on August 2nd, 2011, 5:27 pm

"Oh yes. Much bigger! She said she's a snow leopard. Renaria hid so well the first time we met, I thought she was only a large bush covered in snow!"

Silvy chuckled at the memory, reliving it in her mind.

"She scared me so much, I thought my fur would fall out! But she's really very kind. Although, like all cats, she does think a little strangely."

The young woman looked at his face thoughtfully and answered,

"If you were pursuing the most beautiful song you could find, I see no reason for you to stop. If I wanted something very badly, I would keep going until I got it."

The Kelvic nodded at his 'presumptuous' comment as she moved closer to him.

As the bond started to overtake them, for just a brief moment, Silvy's eyes whirled as a Vantha's would. Silvy reveled in the feel of Varian's mind, the depths of his strong emotions, his hundreds of vivid memories all open to her all at once.

Silvy didn't know the answer to that question.

"I don't know Varian, but I hope it will last for eternity."

With this she held him close to her, both of them sharing her racing heartbeat until it really did become one heart, together. She blinked her silver eyes and saw the startlingly handsome Vantha in full color again! His eyes, his mouth, his skin--it had so much---color! The young woman could only think of one way to express herself to him.

She closed her eyes and kissed him fervently as she shared all of her being with Varian. She could taste the tender sweetness of their first kiss; The Bond forever melded in their shared memory.

Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Words: 56673
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aspen on August 3rd, 2011, 2:27 pm

Character: Varian Snowsong
Skills: Musical Instrument: Flute +2, Rhetoric +3, Interrogation +1, Observation +1
Lore: Feeling Like an Outsider, Stories in Music, Kelvics (Basic), Gaining a Friend, The Feeling of the Kelvic Bond, Accepting Silvy’s Bond

Character: Silvy
Skills: Tracking +1, Rhetoric +3, Interrogation +1, Observation + 1, Seduction +1
Lore: The Odd Smell of Death, Being Strongly Affected by Music, How Can a Dead Man Be So…Alive?, The Thrill of Being Kelvic, Finding a Bondmate, The Feeling of the Bond

Please excuse me for one moment…
*squeals and flails*
Ahem. I absolutely adored this thread. It was so sweet, and the pair fit so nicely together. I’m really looking forward to reading more threads with them!
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook