[Flash Back] What does this djed do? (Jason & Clyde)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jason Alexander on July 8th, 2011, 3:03 am

Time Stamp
Summer 67 506 A.V.

As the sun slowly streaked across the sky, evening was setting within the realm of the Knights. Jason looked up to the sun studying how much time he had left before he must start back to the city, guessing at least three more hours he looked back down. There lied his books and notes, stretching and then sitting back down on the stump be picked up the book he was reading and began where he left off.

‘…To bend the elements and summon them, the user must first release his res, the fuel of spells, from their body and bend the shape to their will…'

Stopping he set his book down, carefully he marked his place. He looked down at the marks in his palms where his father had cut him and forced his res into Jason’s body. This is the cost of begin able to use spells like his father. He closed his eyes and began to concentrate, picturing the mist, which his father had once summoned.

He opened his eyes finding a very small amount of ‘res’ surrounding his palms, very excited he blinked and release his hold on his res. Grabbing his book and began to read once more.

‘… Once the res is in the form of the user, they must then bring forth the elements, using one of two ways. First, they can attract it from nearby sources. Example: A water mage could attract the water from a nearby pond. The second way is transforming the res into the element you wish. Please note the second option requires more djed to complete…'

Again he sat down his book and closed his eyes bring out the res, forcing it into a small ball over the right hand. He then began to concentrate on bring the fire from his cooking fire to the ball of res. In a flash the flames had jumped from the fire to the res and Jason was now holding a ball of fire.
Holding it there he watched in awe; as the flames burned an inch or two on top his hands. Looking around, he then closed his eyes and tried to expand the res that the fire was burning. Opening his eyes he watched as the ball begins to grow.

As it reached the size of an apple, Jason began to tire, thinking it was nothing. He let it grow, once the size of a grapefruit, Jason arms were becoming weak, as the size of a coconut, and Jason remembered nothing but blackness. But his ball of fire, no longer having the fuel to continue busted and the flames began to fall around underneath it to the forest floor below.
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 8th, 2011, 3:55 am

As the day got close to sundown, Clyde went on a short walk out of the city. He had not had a chance to do any training that day, and he still had some time to do so. If he hurried he could get to a secluded enough spot to do so. Walking along, he quietly entered an area near the forest, which not many went to.

At first he did not notice anything, there was no one around, and all seemed quietly. But then he thought he felt the telltale sign of reimancy. He had done it enough to recognize it when it was near. A glint of res, a shifting of energy, the more inexperienced the user, the more obvious it became.

There he saw someone making a novice mistake. Never should someone transmute all of the res into an element. Anyone with experience would transmute the outside, with a core of pure res, allowing them to control it. If it was all element, they would soon lose control, and have there magics running rampart on the landscape. But it seemed he did not realize his mistake, and kept trying to feed the flame with fresh res, but he was also transmuting it! This was not good.

Seeing things were going badly, right before he lost control, Clyde reacted. Almost instinctively he extruded a gaseous res from his entire body, it coming faster from his mouth on each breath. Using his hands he guided it into a compact ball, a concentrated force. As he gathered his res into a ball, he stopped his res production, as he saw the other magic user lose control and start to fall unconscious to the ground. His ball of flame fell and crashed, sending wild uncontrolled flames all about.

Feeling a small prick of pain, Clyde thrust both hands forward. At once he sent the res towards the flame, and transmuted it into air. All at once a great gust of wind burst from its concentrated ball, either snuffing out the flames, or blowing them away from the now unconscious man.

Regaining his composure, he slowly walked over to the man. He had not overgiven, but he was tired for a bit from using so much djed at once. After a short rest without using magic, he would be okay, as long as he did only smaller magics. Looking over the unconscious man, he thought he would wake soon. Similar to Clyde, he had not overgiven, but had used to much djed at once. However his limit being lower, he had been affected much more than Clyde. He has simply put a shock upon his body from demanding to much, and it had rejected it.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on July 10th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Opening his eyes, Jason looked around trying to remember what had happened. Sitting up from the ground his felt the soreness and stiffness within his limbs, then he remember he had almost given to much into the magic, luckily he had cut off the ties at the last moment to release his hold. Now Jason looked around his surrounding and noticed a boy, reaching for his dagger at his side and asked.

“Who are you? Why are you here? And what do you want? I do not have any valuables or any money, so it wouldn’t be good to rob me.” Asked Jason, knowing if it came to a fight even the younger boy could overcome him, in this weaken state.

Then something hit him, he and the forest around him should be up in flames. When he let go of his hold the fire would have taken over and burned like any other flame… Therefore either this boy was quicker than any other or a mage, neither would be good for Jason at this time.
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 10th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Standing there still a bit tired, he looked down at the person laying there. He had just saved his life, and he was accusing him. So much for gratitude... Luckily for him he had mostly recovered, and was almost returned to normal. His threshold was much higher, and he was used to using more magic than this.

As for the other, well he was still laying there, but seeing him regain consciousness, he would soon be back on his feet, in a few minutes. Though until then, Clyde clearly had the advantage over him.

"If i wanted to rob you, I could have done so while you were unconscious. And if I wanted you dead, I could have simply stood and done nothing. What was the idea going overboard when you clearly are out of your depth, and with so much flammable things around? It would have served you right for me to let you burn."

"But the last thing I need is some amateur burning the forest down, not only would it be that much harder for me to train out here, but they would be on watch for any other magic users. So what were you doing, out here alone trying to get yourself killed? Your just lucky I came by...."

Clearly Clyde was not trying to make himself out to be a hero, but he was still trying to be tough, and to show he was not someone to be messed with. Still, this guy did not know what he was doing. It was not a good idea to experiment with magic beyond you, even under safe conditions...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on July 13th, 2011, 4:17 am

Jason looks up and listens to the kid, knowing that this kid spoke the truth. If he wanted Jason dead or to rob him, he would have done it when he was knocked out. Looking ashamed of himself he started to stand up but staggered back to the ground. While sitting there he looked back up to the kid.

“How can you know so much? You’re only a kid; you can’t be much older than eight or nine. So if you please, who are you? And how do you know so much on magic? I am Jason by the way.”

Slowly pulling himself on to the log close to where he had fallen. He grab his books and tucked into his bag, holding his hand on the hilt of his dagger which is now in his bag as he waited for the child’s response.
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2011, 4:32 am

Looking over, he wondered why he was now being insulted by the same guy who had just been accusing him of trying to rob and kill him.

"Hey, I am not nine! I am thirteen! And your welcome by the way. Jason, I am Clyde. And why do I know so much of magic? Well I train it as often as I safely can. Not that that is easy around here. And I have been doing reimancy for years, so I have gotten quite good by know."

Looking him over, Clyde sat down once more. He kept himself at the ready, with his res on edge. If this guy came at him, he would have enough built up to defend himself with an attack and to get away. Since it seemed Jason was wiped out, and was not that good about reimancy.

"And how did you come to know so little about magic? Or do you normally pass out and try to burn down forests when you train? You should be more careful when you practice, and make sure someone is ready to stop anything going wrong."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on July 17th, 2011, 6:33 pm

" I am sorry, I was just over come. This would be my first real time of using Reimancy, my father gave me the gift a year or so back. We were going to start actually using it, but he wanted me to teach me glyphing first, he said in the days of old that was the first skill a mage was taught. But before he could actually teach me more in Reimancy he…."

Jason stopped for a moment and looked towards the woods behind Clyde. Taking a breath and continuing.

"He died, a spell back fired. His death tore my dear mother apart and I never wanted to be a mage or use magic again. But here in the last couple of days I have had a change of heart.” Pausing again and wiping his eyes. “I realized that my magic could help me with my new goal, my new obsession, my new reason for living. So I decided that I would give Reimancy a try, since it the next type of magic I have access to. Also I didn’t mean to threaten you.”

Jason leaned back, the young man of 17 sighed and looked around.
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 17th, 2011, 8:58 pm

"Ah, well you should have waited to work on it till you found a new teacher. Someone who could deal with the elements or save you from them before you go and do as you almost did now. And as for parents....."

"Well, at least yours was supportive of it. My parents just have nice normal jobs, and know nothing of magic. And they have been trying to get me to apprentice under a blacksmith for a while now. They want me to get a nice, steady, dependable job.... They would hate the idea that I am a skilled mage. But I plan to leave for a place were I can learn as soon as possible. Maybe Zeltiva or something."

Looking around, it did not seem anyone was coming, or had noticed what was going on. For know it seemed they were safe from the knights awareness. And it would not hurt to get a bit of practice in.

"Well if you would like to, you could practice with me here. Or I could even teach you a bit. It should be safe as long as we don't draw attention. What all do you know about reimancy, and we can start from there."

It seemed that Clyde had gone into teacher mode, and was ready to take on a new student. He was getting pretty good about teaching magics to others, and it would be better for both involved if he did so.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on July 24th, 2011, 7:41 pm

OOCSorry, I was working long hours, but now I am done with my job and should post 1-2 twice a day. Cheers :)

Jason listened to the boy’s tale about his parents and then heard about the offer about teaching. Looking towards the boy and speaking.

“I would love for you teach me or instruct me, whatever you want to call it. But we will have to make it short.”

Looking up to the sky and noticing the sun and its position.

“I feel we only have thirty or forty chimes before I must be back to the city. It is dangerous out here at night, now where to we begin?”

Jason stood up and placed his belongings on the log and out of the way, waiting on the his instructions.
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 25th, 2011, 7:34 am

"That's no problem. We can do a bit know, and if you want we can meet up again later for a bit more. Since we are short on time now."

"Well the most basic thing is to extrude and focus your res. I want you to concentrate it into a small space, and use your power to move it around a bit. At this level you will want to use your hands motions to help with it."

"Now from your earlier firepower, I assume your element is fire right? Once you have focused your res, I want you to ignite the outer layer of the ball of res, and only the outer layer. Keeping a core of res. Dont make it to big, or else you will not be able to control it. Once it becomes fire, and not res, you cannot control it. It acts just like normal fire. I will show a small demonstration."

Holding his hands before him, he extruded his res quickly, and with small motions of his hands guided it into a ball. As it floated inches above his hand, he snapped his fingers on one hand, igniting the outer layer of the ball, and floating it around.

"Now since there is still a core of res, I can still easily control it, while holding the fire on with elemental attraction. Now you try."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next