[Flashback]Sight beyond sight

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 8th, 2011, 9:41 am

30 Summer 509

Today Clyde had chosen to visit the library. For a while he had been planning to learn some new magics, and he had finally decided upon teaching himself reimancy.

Getting there, he took out a book, to look over the basics of it. For the moist part it seemed simple enough, it let you read and interact with auras, something that existed around all things.

looking through the book, he saw some of its simple uses.

"one thing a aura can tell is an objects physical properties. This acts as an extension of the wizards 5 senses, allowing them to sense any of the things he could though them."

This seemed to be one of the simplest ways to use it, simply experiencing something from afar. Reading on, he saw:

"Internal structure. This allows you to see through things, inside of them, and what is on the other side."

"Feelings: strong feelings such as pain and other bold things will be easier to sense. However if they are trying to conceal these feelings, they will be harder to see. At a basic level, you can simply tell there are feelings, which can tell of the presence of other life, or at least consciousness, whether sentient or not."

"Magical Activity: All wizards can sense magic to some degree, and are especially good at noticing magic in which they are skilled in, most easily if they are more skilled than the caster. However with auristics magic can be detected much more easily, magic that is concealed, magic in items, or magic that is imbued into something."

"Residual activity: This is a more difficult skill, they can see things about a person or objects past. Tasks that are repeated, such as a trade, might be picked up on there aura, or some rather strong and memorable event that happened recently could be sensed. It is possible at high levels to even see back to the event as it happened."

"Intent: Another high level ability, you can sense in someones aura there intent, or what they are putting there attention on. Possibly even watching it change, and sensing were it will go next."

Reading through all this, Clyde took a bit to rest. Mulling things over in his head, he tried to think of some ways in which he could possibly use such skills in the future.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on July 14th, 2011, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 10th, 2011, 5:49 pm

Mostly done, he went over the theory of auristics a bit more. There did not seem to really be an exact way to learn it, he would simply have to find a way to better see auras around him.

Even know he had a slight sense for magic around him, but no were as much as what an aurist could do.

Putting the book back were it went, he left in search of an empty classroom. Finding one, he set himself up and prepared to do his work.

Taking out some chalk, he slowly drew a large focus for him to sit on, and then drew glyphs coming out of it. Not in a barrier, but in radiating marks coming out. Doing this, he used much different words than normal, like: sensing, seeing, depth, touch, and feel. This would hopefully help him to do what was needed for auristics, though this was very different from the normal glyphs he made.

Finally, one at a time, he drew a focus on the outside of each of his eyelids, to help his bringing djed there, for his first attempt. For it seemed one of the most rudimentary ways to use auristics was to do so with your eyes.

Finally, he sat down carefully on his prepared focus, careful not to rub them out, and closing his eyes, did his best to meditate and sense an aura.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 10th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Sitting there, Clyde did his best to push out his presence, and to send djed to his eyes. After meditating for a while, he opened them for a bit, but did not see much of anything.

Finally, he realized he was failing to focus on anything. This must be the problem! And so opening his eyes once more, he stared across the room at a chair, not taking his eyes off of it or blinking.

Focusing his djed to his eyes, and trying to see the chair in a different way, he slowly thought he saw something.

At first it was nothing, a sudden shifting, as if of motion. Then a change of color. Finally, he saw the aura, a small grey one that extended less than an inch out of it. Pressing at it, he felt the smooth texture of the wood, the smell of the varnish with which it had been treated to make it that dark color. Getting excited, he jumped up, smearing many of his marks, for he had done it.

Finally he had sensed a aura, and had figured it out all by himself... with the help of a book of course. But still, no one had assisted him, he was becoming quite self sufficient.

Working quickly, he wiped up the chalk marks he had made, finishing with the ones on his eyelids, and then quietly slipped out of the room. He was not quite sure if he was allowed to be there....

-Exit-
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Archelon on August 31st, 2011, 6:02 am

oocWith permission from Goss to help clear old threads from Liminal's office :)
Thread Award

"I'ma flying, flying so high!"

And the Results!!!!:

Clyde Sullins :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Auristics1 to start you off.

Lores:
Auristical Concepts(Basic)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Wasn't much to give here, but I did what I could :)Any ??'s comments and concerns please feel free to send me a nice pm :). You did do an interesting thing here :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)