Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

Postby Drayton on August 21st, 2011, 5:36 am

OOCFair enough, I have no issues with it. :) I think you may have pushed it a bit, but good idea being creative with the different skills. That's the whole idea. :D Although, you should know Intelligence refers to stuff like spying, not a character's actual intelligence. That thankfully has been left to our discretion.

Strong hands wrapped around her, shoving the girl’s face forward over the gravel and earth. Smothered in the cloud of dust her chin had scraped up Eleanor felt a heavy weight settle over her lungs. How did this idiot manage to pin me? She felt waves of anger and embarrassment bubbling beneath the pressure of his body. It forced its way to the nearest exit, and Eleanor began to holler with rage. “Get your fat ass off of me! I swear I’m going to shred you into little bits and scatter your filthy remains for the crows to pick at!” Twisting from side to side the thin teenager tried to throw the boy off. Her legs kicked as her body jerked around beneath him, trying to connect with his head, spine or rump. Her writhing muscles heated with anger.

“I doubt the crows would want your nasty hide though! Disgusting low-life! Wretched cheater! You might give them indigestion. Now get your stinking carcass OFF. OF. ME!” Though the insults began to slow Eleanor’s thrashing became more violent. As she swung from side to side in Bryan’s grip her face whipped closer to one of his hands. Teeth gnashing she tried to clamp down on a finger or two, wondering if that might loosen his grip.

As she bit for Bryan’s hand a voice, cocky and deep, interrupted the small scene. “Hey man, need some help with that bitch?”

Another voice chimed in, lighter that the first, and laughing. “Yeah, we love to share.”

Perhaps the pair had not heard the two men approaching over Eleanor’s racket, but she was silent now. The girl gulped, her throat covered in dust that clung to the hot beads of sweat that had gathered with her protests. The men who had approached looked to be a year or two older than herself. Each had tawny hair and pale skin, though the older man, the one who had spoken first, wore his long, and tied back at the nape of his neck. The other let his hair, and beard, grow short, rough and wild, but they both shared the same sharp nose and hungry look.

I sure petching hope this Bryan kid doesn’t want in with them… she nearly prayed, as the two walked closer. Sweat sank through the greasy fibers of her shirt, mingling with the still sticky salt from her exertion. But the men couldn’t see her sweating, or hear her thoughts as they approached, and Eleanor hoped they couldn’t guess them.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

Postby Bryan on August 22nd, 2011, 2:06 pm

OOC :
Yeah I was constantly worrying if I did go overboard a bit, glad to see you like how creative it was though; and a great way to end it by bringing in two strangers.:D I'm leaving it to you to decide whether this works and if his attack pulls through. Now lets do some real damage.;)

"Damn it!" He cursed under his breathe, the cold glare he kept to her was now fixed to the two now walking in. He kept the cold glare fixed to them while muttering low enough for the pinned girl to hear, "Listen. I know your worn out, but these guy's are expecting something that I'm not going to allow. We could use it to our advantage, get the jump on them when their close." He didn't look down at her, but instead gave a slight grin to hide the glare he fixed on them. This time he spoke directly to the men, since she knew he was plotting against them as they drew closer. "She's all yours gentlemen, I was just putting her in her place." He shifted to where he could get a good jump on one of the guys, while making it look like she was still pinned. His grip was totally loose now, she could break away easy if she wanted. Except there wasn't enough time, the men were right in the spot Bryan wanted. Quickly he darted forward for though the older man with the hair long and tied back at the nape of his neck.

Timing was right, position is good, building the speed and momentum right now. I've got him! He was nearing the guy by several feet now, he didn't know if Drayton reacted as well; he just kept going.
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Words: 35756
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

Postby Drayton on August 23rd, 2011, 5:33 am

The only response Eleanor gave the boy was an airless huff, though perhaps she was just trying to catch her breath. At least this guy isn't just going to hand me off like a scrap of meat... she thought, feeling his weight shifting over her, releasing her body. Aw, shyke, he's fighting? What the petch! I can't just leave him here to be gutted now. Though she was cursing inwardly Eleanor was moving her left hand, the one on the hidden side of her body closer to her belt.

She could feel the motion of Bryan's ankle whiz over her wrist as he lunged at the oldest man, and the young woman wasn't far behind him. Springing to her feet Eleanor pulled her dagger from its sheath as she leaped at the man with shorter hair. Hoping he wouldn't have time to react she rushed for his gut, point first.

He barely did. Seeing her motion, that they had been tricked by the boy the younger man jumped back. His wild bound gave him just enough time to see the flash of Eleanor's blade, and pull out his own kris. Sweeping upward against her stab he snagged her attack on the edge, between the blade and the hilt of his curved dagger. "Luck ain't with you tonight, little whore."

As the curse left his lips he moved his knife wielding arm to the side with a quick, strong force. Eleanor couldn't counterattack, she wasn't strong enough. As she tried to fight her blade being carelessly pushed aside the man's fist rushed into the opening he had created, connecting squarely with her jaw. Stumbling backwards with the momentum of the blow Eleanor saw the alley swimming, but she was far enough away from the man that she could settle onto her feet, regain her balance before his next attack. He's stronger, so you'll have to move faster if you don't want your whole body to swell with bruises like the one on your cheek. She could feel the heavy, pulsing sensation of blood pooling against her jaw bone.

Bryan's attack came a millisecond before Eleanor's and his opponent wasn't given the luxury of leaping back in time to avoid the initial rush. The boy's head ran into his gut, which was strong and solid. Nonetheless, his long hair whipped around his face as he wheezed, and the pair went down. The older man didn't waste time catching his breath though, or allow Bryan to collect himself for a new attack. One of his lean arms reached around as if to cradle the boy to his chest as he fell, with the intention of pinning him there. As he tried to hold on with his strong grip his other fist came around, speeding toward what ever body part of Bryan's he had managed to pin down.

OOCJust make sure you write out if the hit or grab was successful. :D
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

Postby Bryan on August 24th, 2011, 2:25 am

DAMN IT!!! He was caught, trapped the darkness of the older man's arms. He could feel the tight pressure against his shoulders and neck, his was also being held down too. This guy is strong! Both are. I need to find a way to get out of here. After this thought passed something powerful hit his back, a fist no doubt knocking the breathe out of him. He groaned in pain as his entire mind and body went numb, he needed air. He needed out, and now. What could he do though he was pinned and his arms were useless where they were, but not his legs.

OK you oversized brute, now you've asked for it! He tried to push himself off which was a failed attempt, and he could hear the snicker of the older guy when this happened. However this attempt wasn't to get away, it was to get leverage; and Bryan had just enough of it to do so. Pulling his leg up so his knee would hit the man, his aim was targeted right where the sun doesn't shine. Now you'll get the hardest knee you'll ever regret!

OOC :
Hope you like where his aim is going, and I'll leave it to you to connect and do the damage.;) Since your the one who brought the NPC's here.
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

Postby Drayton on August 25th, 2011, 5:48 am

The rippling edge of the kris danced menacingly in the man's hand as Eleanor backed away. He was grinning. Gods, he's gonna cut me up. Cut me up and when his brother's finished smothering that Bryan kid they'll have some fun. Fun with my cut up body in the dirt... The fear that settled in her as she imagined their weight pressing her into the earth, grinding the dust of the road into her flesh had a rib clenching effect. Her breath already feeling cramped in tightening lungs came quick and short with worry as she glanced over her assailant's shoulder to see Bryan.

The pony-tail man's arm was crushing the youth against him, and Eleanor could hear the dull smack of a fist hitting Bryan's spine. Shyke! We're dead... But then the man groaned inexplicably, and even from the distance she was at Eleanor could see his grip on Bryan loosen. It looked like his knees were buckling.

Though her eyes widened with surprise and hope the girl failed to see the kris-wielder was taking advantage of her distraction. He lunged forward quickly, grabbing her wrist and yanking the thin girl off her feet toward him. Sharp pains burst like small sparks in her shoulder with the force of his pull. She could see he was bringing his knife up, probably to her throat, and lashed out against the arm that didn't hold her. Her dagger came down quickly, but clumsily, gashing the man's forearm.

He swore and she twisted counterclockwise. While he had been pulling her face first toward his chest by her free hand she now spun outwards. Her wrist burned with the friction of his sweaty palm as the small hairs on her arm were pulled off. She let her dagger lead, hoping in his shock the man wouldn't be able to react. The resistance of his flesh was relieving as her blade punctured the man's thigh. That did it! The man hollered and released her wrist. With her pulse beating angrily in her shoulder the girl sped quickly for the alley she had emerged from, it looked like whatever Bryan had done had loosened his attacker's grip significantly. "Run, Bryan! Let's get the petch out of here!" she called as she bolted, not really waiting up to see if he was following.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

Postby Bryan on August 26th, 2011, 7:45 am

His kick was successful, now was his chance to get away. Quickly he pulled himself away from the grasp before it could recover any of it's former strength, while the other one fell to the ground still bleeding. He gave chase for Drayton, following her down the alleyways that turned left and right. It wasn't until they felt they were far enough away from that place that they stopped, gasping for breathe as they both found a place to sit.

Bryan finally came to a steady pace with his breathing, sweat beating down his body. His hair was drenched with it, due to the fighting and summer heat, which really annoyed him. His expression was still the same casual glare he had when he looked at Drayton, "Nice job with the dagger."
He stood back up, chest still heaving a bit with each deep breathe. He then began to walk on, leaving Drayton, until he stopped. He didn't look back though. "Be careful from here on, my business with you is done." It seemed cold, as if he wasn't concerned. Without another word he walked on, showing no sign of hesitation or looking back at the girl. He left to go back to his ruined home.
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Breaking the Ice (Bryan)

Postby Archelon on September 21st, 2011, 1:32 am

Thread Award

"Happy happy, joy joy. Happy Happy Joy. Happy happy joy joy joy. One more time people?"

And the Results!!!!:

Bryan :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Unarmed Combat4
Rhetoric1Insults count :p
Observation1

Lores:
Rescuing a street rat
Drayton is a girl!
Drayton(basic)

Drayton :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Brawling4
Rhetoric2

Lore:
Tackling the wrong guy!
I don't need no rescuing!
Bryan(basic)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Shame this was an aborted thread, it was going good there for a while :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous