A Merchant's Quandary(Bob,Mok)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Antar on November 23rd, 2011, 7:14 pm

As Antar watched Bob begin to pile on the hurt with the Akalak, who couldn't seem to take a hint that would spare his life, the rogue decided to venture down a few steps so he might vault over the stairwell railing to jump to the ground.

It was only a short fall, about four feet but he landed as deftly as possible bending at the knees to cushion the impact. For a time he stayed back as Bob began to wail upon the akalak after a few short moves until he pushed the arrow in and stepped back. Speaking from beneath his cloak,"Unfortunately though, you've seen my little friend's face, which means you might go talking eventually... Sad really, if that hadn't been I might have let you go."

The rogue moved in quickly, encircling the akalak's right wrist with his left hand as the man attempted to punch him away. The akalak was strong, stronger then a normal human to be sure and it took all of his strength to hold the arm there while his sword sneaked up to cut under the opponent's armpit as the arm went slack.

Hissing in pain the akalak lashed out with his left fist, and Antar leaned inwards to hipcheck the blow aside before anchoring the arm against him with his elbow. Transferring the gladius to his left hand he duplicated his prior feat to cut the arm loose of its tendons, letting it fall limp. Raising his blade he reversed his grip on the hilt and stabbed downwards through the shoulder blades, twisting the sword so the wound severed the heart and lungs as the life began to bleed from the akalak's corpse.

The blue being gasped his last breath and keeled over to the ground as antar withdrew his blade. From above, the sounds of Mok bringing the woman could be heard and the rogue cleaned and sheathed his sword. Turning towards Barton, he grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him along as they ventured back towards the merchant's store.

There they were met by four guards and the merchant himself... and after a quick deal for the exchange of the wife to the chopping block of the slave market, sixty gold mizasexchanged hands. Twenty for each of them.

Parting ways with the merchant quickly , Noth pulled the other two into a side alley to dispense them their shares before they split. Congratulating them all on a job well done. As for Bob, Antar told him if he was interested in a more viable partnership for the future, then he should speak to him later. But for now, they should part ways to lie low for a little while...

~Fin
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on November 25th, 2011, 9:31 am

Bob could not argue with the reasoning Antar gave to finish off the akalak but "do you have to do it in front of me?" It was a little bit depressing to see him killed like a weak candle being snuffed out without so much as a chance even if it was Bob himself which put him into that state. "So I guess you already got what we came for?" he asked Antar as he looked at the woman Mok had brought with him "so can we go now?" Apparently because Antar had to rush over to try and save the losing Bob, they only took the woman which was the main prize and Bob was asked if there was anything in the house. He gave a questioning look because "if they could have an akalak like him waiting in the front of the house, just how many more people you think they might have? I for one do not want to find out..." opting to instead take whatever the akalak had on him. A coin pouch in his pocket "the stingy bastard..." and some drugs hidden in his sleeve like Antar had found on the other two as well as something that "looks interesting...?" Bob said picking up an exotic looking knife from the akalak's side. More interesting was the fact that "he did not even use it. Serves him right for looking down on me" and then Bob claimed it as his own as yet another trophy to be added to his collection because what could be better than the important, manly thing an akalak had than his even more important lakan?

He saw this as enough for now because "I don't want to risk us all for just a few more cheap items. It should be enough if we split up whatever you guys found in there and if you really want we can come tomorrow to loot the whole place" if no one else did it first so the thing that they would want to do before leaving is "lock the door..." If Antar or Mok did not want to do this, Bob would do it first. Going through the doorway and grabbing some of the things on display which caught his eye before pushing on the button and slamming the door locked, Bob followed the other two and started bugging Mok about "what do you want to do with that painting? I know a guy who knows a guy who can look at the curse" but if Mok decided to come along and find out that it was a trick, that would be bad so Bob would have to tell him that "he is a little bit strange so I have to give it to my friend who would give it to the guy in a few days and come back to us a few days later to see if we should collect it a few days after that." Bob had to keep it as confusing as possible so that Mok would not have enough time to think and just take whatever he just said as short of any trickery or deceit.

Hopefully Antar was not like Bob for a profitable long term relationship because after all that work, twenty mizas seemed little but Bob took it anyway. "Are we splitting the odds and ends we grabbed too or are we going to have to wait until you sell them" if Antar intended to do that or give them the mizas at all but... "I guess I will be seeing you around" for that more viable partnership "unless of course you are in the mood for some killing. If its that tell me so I can lock myself up at home and stay in bed alright? " That was the closest that Bob wanted to get to lying low after all this. A good rest since he was forced to wake up so early.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cachet on January 6th, 2012, 1:17 am

Antar :
Antar
SKILLS
Gladius:111
Intelligence:1
Investigation:11
Throwing Kukri:1
Stealth:11
Climbing:1
Longbow:11
Jumping:11
Tactics:11
Observation:111
Tracking (Urban):11
Body Building:1

LORE
Climbing trellis(es?): Basic
Tactics: Using the back Door (basic)

Misc Notes: The only sane mind in the bunch....as usual

Bob :
Bob
SKILLS
Intimidation:1
Canesword:1
Observation:1
Persuasion:111
Intelligence:1
Animal Husbandry:1
Storytelling:11
Begging:1
Acting:111
Wrestling:1
Unarmed:11
Torture:1
Tracking (Urban):1

LORE
Taking the alias: Robbie Boy
Intimidation:Uses for a cane sword
Tactics: I WANT TO USE YOUR TOILET!!!
Acting: Playing the part (basic)

Misc Notes:PUNT THE BEGGAR!!!

Mok :
Mok
SKILLS
Gladius:11
Intimidation:111
Tactics:11
Observation:11
Tracking (Urban):1
Body Building:1

LORE
Taking the alias Marcus
Strange houses are creepy
Appreciating artwork
How to ruin a romantic mood

Misc Notes:Developing a sense for art now are we?

Items :
WhatWorthTo who
Coin Pouch10gmBob
Drugs30gmBob
LakanN/ABob
Job Pay20gmBob
Gladius45gmAntar
Dagger2gmAntar
Job Pay20gmAntar
Paintingunknown have it appraised?Mok
Gladius45gmMok
Job Pay20gmmok

Consider any of the above items sold if need be.

Conclusion:Another wonderful job thread for the gang...well played

Anything seem out of place? Any questions please feel free to

contact me ASAP.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am