[Wind Reach OOC] Touching The Sky II

Pop in here and say hello! Ask questions, propose thread ideas, solicit services, and make general announcements pertaining to WR.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Gossamer on September 2nd, 2011, 5:08 pm

Welcome to Wind Reach!

While the city is not yet open, there will be frequent updates that begin with the Inarta being placed in the Wiki in their entirety followed by the specific details of Wind Reach itself. Along with a complete City Entry in the wiki, Wind Reach will also include a comprehensive players guide filled with RP tips and pointers for surviving in this challenging environment.

Wind Reach is a unique roleplaying environment that is designed to be both challenging on an individual basis and on a group level. The whole of Mt. Skyinarta's existence depends on overarching plotlines that effect the whole of Mizahar - so each and every one of her citizens will be playing a crucial role in the future of the history of the world. Full of mysteries wrapped in an enigma, Wind Reach is considered the City of Secrets by the outside world. Remote, incredibly dangerous and difficult to visit, Wind Reach is designed to lure players to its tragic interdependence and keep them wanting more.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 2nd, 2011, 5:16 pm

Okay, I've made some changes:

New OOC thread: The old one is locked and unstickied. When you clicked on last post it went to the next to last page which tells me it was getting too long and unmanageable.

Seasonal XP: I am not going to require you to have these threads FINISHED before I award XP and wages. Due to the nature of the game, if they are well underway and active, I'll count them and pay you at the end of a season so the coin flow can keep going.

AS Raptor:
She's been given free rein to mess with you all she wants including bringing Gods into the picture (Same with Flicker and Phoenix should she choose to return soon). While she cannot play Gods as an AS, she can show visions, play with champions and priests, and any sort of representation of Gods... she just can't manifest Dira, for example, and lay the smack down on you with her. She can throw all sorts of signs and signals that Dira is involved at you without actually talking to you as Dira. This is true with any AS anywhere, though they tend not to understand this and take 'no rping gods' as a non literal no-touching-godthemes etc.... when we just mean "Don't manifest and talk as Gods and act out as the actual gods." Mizahar is full of religion and since Wind Reach is dripping with magic, literally, they are going to be in and out of our lives a lot here. I have to throw this part in because I think she wants written public proof I said this to her. :P

Oh and one other housekeeping thing.

Be sure to congratulate Sira on achieving the thread challenge for last season. She gets the nifty medal and bragging rights over all you folks that haven't. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kikue on September 2nd, 2011, 5:30 pm

Gratz Sira. Though I've go no clue as what that medal is tbh.
AH well, it's probably something big.... I assume at least
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Kikue
Avora Huntress

Words: 42025
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2011, 7:35 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sira on September 2nd, 2011, 6:07 pm

Hurray for me! Lol. Thanks Jen for everything. And Kikue, if you want to find out about the medal check out the Calendar thread. Its the section called thread goals.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Indigo on September 2nd, 2011, 6:32 pm

Well done, and congratulations on your medal Sira. You're leading a fine example and I'm sure you'll continue to do so.
Indigo
As you wish (no1 gets princess bride quotes)

Words: 84986
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm

Postby Gossamer on September 2nd, 2011, 7:45 pm

Sira, Kovac, and Rista are the only ones that have Seasonal XP awards and Wages assigned so far. Anyone else needing their seasonal wages and xp? PM me.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eoin on September 2nd, 2011, 11:20 pm

Forgot to congratulate Raptor in the old OOC thread so here goes: thanks for stepping up! We're lucky to have you :D, especially now with all the ungraded threads floating about.

And congrats Sira on your shiny new medal :)

(I've sent you a pm, Goss, about seasonal wages.)
Eoin
Player

Words: 148430
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on September 3rd, 2011, 12:51 am

As some of you may know, Wind Reach is going to be blessed with a baby rather soon! Sira is due sometime this winter! YAY SIRA!

And with babies, come baby showers. Sira and I are going to be throwing a baby shower, and EVERYONE IS INVITED!

The post will be up tomorrow, Saturday the 3rd! Please, please, please join in and have some fun! It'll be a good way for everyone to post with someone that they haven't had a chance too yet. Plus, maybe some of you can possibly work in some of the Seasonal thread goals ;)

Depending on what our Lovely Goss lets me do, there will even be a little gift for your PC if you join.

I hope you join!
I love you all!
-Jules
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aidara on September 3rd, 2011, 9:51 pm

Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Flicker on September 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm

The Wind Reach staff is having a meeting today at five pm pst today (6 mt, 7 central, 8 east coast). If anyone wants to chat about the area feel free to drop by around five thirty in the Wind Reach Channel.
For the GingieBreadHeads ...or those amongst them

Flicker
WHOA! Whatwasthat?!

Words: 59097
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 3:04 am
Office

Next