[Wind Reach OOC] Touching The Sky II

Pop in here and say hello! Ask questions, propose thread ideas, solicit services, and make general announcements pertaining to WR.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Gossamer on September 16th, 2011, 4:10 pm

HI Guys!

As you know, Wind Reach is a leader in a lot of cool things. I could list all the stuff we do here that other cities have now adopted but that would take way too much time. Being the innovators (and lazy mods that we are)... I'd like each and every one of you to take note of the new code "[url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic13541.htmlThread Summary[/url]". This is fantastic stuff, both for other players and mods, when reading threads they aren't involved in and haven't participated with.

Please use it! Summarize your threads! All you need to do is edit the FIRST post of the thread (whomever started it) and write in the summary. I'd like to see Wind Reach be one of the first cities to have all 100% thread summaries. I'll be going through summarizing the locations and stickies too in the next couple of days. So please do your part and summarize your own threads.

Oh... and in case I haven't told you lately... this is an incredible city full of incredible people. I hope you guys understand how amazing in terms of writers and developers you are. I also like to brag that the gingies have some of the best CS's out there as well... because you do!

Thanks guys.

You make Mizahar phenomenal for me.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Sairque on September 16th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Done and done! I think!

Oh, and I have a gnosis thread too, Jen!

And you guys should totally have market stalls, too. Then we could have big market day threads in which we all goof off while practicing capitalism.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Indigo on September 18th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Salt Flats Gate

The Salt Flats Gate - The main road gate for transporting essential foods between Thunder Bay and Wind Reach.

The Salt Flats Gate leads to the Salt Flats and all areas of food production in Thunder Bay. This is the main area that controls the entire influx of Thunder Bay resources going into Wind Reach by a heavy, stone built entrance. When this gate closes, all production, entrance and exit are final for the season. This opening leads to the only flat, large, open space in the entire region. Because of its nearly smooth surface, horses and drudges can pull heavy sledges over it, containing the sea’s produce from the Processing Center, directly to the food storage areas.

This place isn’t just for food traffic, it’s especially imperative to the avid bird fanciers who train their fierce falcons to fly at breakneck speeds, and to teach their hawks to soar high and then swoop down for the kill. The horses bred for speed are also brought to these Salt Flats themselves for impromptu summer races, bringing out a few spontaneous bettors each season. It’s all about the need for speed—in birds and horses!

The sheer largeness that the Salt Flats Gates lead to is immense and it’s a spacious place for outdoor gathers in fine weather. This area is a double edged sword however. For all of its largess in room, it lacks water, plant and animal life. Be sure to bring supplies when crossing or occupying the area for longer than usual traveling time. The Valterrian brought about the destruction of what was once a large, fresh water lake rich with life. All that remains are the crystalline, hard white Salt Flats of barren, open land.

Because the Salt Flats Gates are heavily built with the strongest stone that Inarta can find and shape, the gates are closed each season between mid and late fall to mid spring. While Thunder Bay is rich in food, fish and animal harvests and plenty of fun in the short warm season, it’s a death trap as the first chill wind blows. Typhoon season usually heralds the closing of this protective and important Gate, shielding Inartan residents from the tempestuous winter storms.

NPC's: None.

Mod Notes: Feel free to self moderate while the gates are open. If you like racing and training birds and horses, then head through here to get to the Salt Flats for some great racing! Warning-Once the gate is closed for winter, it's final until the mid spring announcement. No exceptions!

Jules will you please, again, work your letter magic until I get photoshop? Thank you--and Happy Birthday!
Indigo
As you wish (no1 gets princess bride quotes)

Words: 84986
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm

Postby Gossamer on September 18th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Lisa-

You're location posts are amazing! Thank you so much for all the work you've been doing. Jules, your wonderfulness at headers is so helpful too. Together you guys are the unstoppable team! Now all we need is Amanda's incredible insight and we'll be a a.... words for four cool things elude me.

Jen
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Flicker on September 19th, 2011, 1:18 am

Locations summaries, done.

Don't worry, only a little bit of that mischievous insight was used in filling the descriptions out.
For the GingieBreadHeads ...or those amongst them

Flicker
WHOA! Whatwasthat?!

Words: 59097
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 3:04 am
Office

Postby Karis on September 19th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Hi, I'm Karis. :)

I would like a mod thread please to gain experience points in long bow use as well as hunting and medicine.

If possible, I would like Karis to go on what she tells others is an herb gathering expedition, but what she really wants to do is practice her long bow, and try to hunt as well, finally beginning her quest to settle the internal struggle between the healer she was born to be and fulfilling her parents' desires for her to be an Eagle Rider as they were.

Karis's Character Sheet
Karis
Player

Words: 15405
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2011, 5:23 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Phoenix on September 19th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Welcome to Wind Reach, Karis!

Even though you've posted here, please send me a PM with what you want to achieve in the modded thread and we can get started! It's much easier for me to keep track of things that way.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Also, Lisa... Your banner is up! :) I feel like I'm finally getting good at them, haha
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Indigo on September 20th, 2011, 3:50 am

Welcome Karis,

Thanks Jules! All the lovely headers in Thunder Bay right now are done by the wonderful Phoenix, so everyone should take a peek! :D
Indigo
As you wish (no1 gets princess bride quotes)

Words: 84986
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm

Postby Drusilla on September 21st, 2011, 2:02 am

Just thought I'd give a heads up if I dissapear for a bit. My grandfather just passed yesterday, and I can't really say I'm in an rping mode. I'll try not to poof but if my posts seem slower thats why.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 21st, 2011, 5:20 pm

A few Newbie Reminders:

Posting: Please remember you are not allowed to post on the IC boards at all until you have a completed character sheet. If you post before you have posted your CS, then your posts will be removed. You may, however, post in OOC boards (such as the Q&A forum, Intro Forum) before your CS is completed.

Class: Your caste is dependent upon approval for anything over Avora. Endal's especially need my approval along with a submitted eagle writeup and a bonding thread being your first one out of the gate in Wind Reach. This information is clearly found in the Players Guide.

Status: I've added a caste field to the Wind Reach Registry so folks know each other's caste and can readily pick out who's who. IF you guys would be so kind, please edit your posts and include yours... especially if you are new. More established PCs folks will know about.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext