[Verlyna's Emerald Pond] Sword or Fist? (Bones)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ricky Maze on September 2nd, 2011, 6:52 pm

Day 2nd of Autumn, 511 AV

Ricky and Odis had finally found rest beside the beautiful Emerald Pond they had heard about, Ricky had actually wanted to see this among the many other sights of Alvadas when they arrived but they both took the liberty to rest for the last of Summer. Their arrival was filled with curiosity, but ever since they've rested at the Cubacious Inn Odis had never been the same. Ricky actually hoped the poor pup would feel better heading outside to get some air, but it appears Alvadas period had made this pup seem....sick.

The dog whined when Ricky took a closer look to the pond, he seemed frail and frightened. "I'm sorry boy. Had I known that Alvadas would've taken such an effect on you I would've just bought whatever food supply possible and get moving." Odis only whined, an apology for his being that way? "I know you don't like it here, but we can't really just up and leave. We'll starve out there on our own and who knows what dangers exist in Kalea?" Odis gave another whine. "I promise as soon as Spring returns, we'll have enough food supply and hopefully a guide that can get us to Wind Reach. Then you won't have to worry about this place for a good while, OK?" Another whine, and usually when Ricky expected a bark for an agreement. Something about Alvadas period made Odis uneasy, and it killed Ricky that he felt that way. He wished he could understand Odis. Maybe perhaps he could find a Kelvic could speak with Odis; who knows. Until then, he was left with the only option for feeling bad for the pup.

Standing back up Ricky looked at the waterfall, it's mysterious manner on how it appears was odd to Ricky. Was the rumors true about this place? He didn't necessarily walk so close, just close enough to see within the surface of water.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 3rd, 2011, 1:51 am

Bones had gotten up today, and gone for a walk as he so often did. Strapping his gladius to his back, and picking up his pack, he once more went for a walk.

His trip had been unusually normal today, and he had not even seen anything odd. Which in this city, was a bit odd.... Maybe the city was saving up its oddity energy for something big? Who knew...

Eventually, Bones ended up in a place he had been before. Memories of the fight he had there at this pond, of killing a man, and nudging a man in his armor into the bottomless pond.... Or maybe he was just so heavy from the armor he never came back up?

Who knew... Looking around, Bones decided to climb a tree, picking a big one. He went up to it, and pulled himself up. His arms were deceivingly strong, much more than they would appear. And he was good at climbing trees, it seemed to be a skill of his race.

Climbing a good bit up, he laid back on a limb, stretching out and balancing himself with his gear. Maybe he would have nap?

After resting for a bit, Bones noticed someone walking up, and a short one sided conversation. Looking down, he saw a pair, a man and a dog... He watched as they neared the edge of the pond.... Not a good idea... Speaking out loud, he would probably surprise them to his whereabouts as he spoke.

After all, who expected someone to be taking a nap in a tree? Also Bones did have some decent stealth skills, which helped in hiding your presence.

"I would not get to clossse to ssat, ssat pond is a mysssterious place. I once sssaw a man fall into it.... And he never came back up.... Bessst to ssstay a bit back..."
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 3rd, 2011, 10:46 pm

When Ricky finally managed to find his spot, he never expected to hear a voice. He practically jumped way back, hand ready with a tight grip over the handle of his sword. He nearly forgot it was there, never really worried so much as to why he carried it. Seeing as how he had a strange encounter with a talking pond, he now understood why his instinct told him it was better to have it around so much. Poor Odis simply whined louder, hiding his face underneath his paws.

Ricky looked around, then to the sky. Was it a sign? Or was someone playing a game? With a curious smirk, he eyed his surroundings. When nothing revealed itself, he looked back to the sky. "Are you an angel here to warn me, or a devil trying to tempt me." He joked, though he wasn't sure if he was being funny or not. Odis lifted one paw to watch the situation.

OOC :
Blah, short post. Sorry about that.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 3rd, 2011, 11:02 pm

Bones continued to laze on his branch, looking down at the pair of master and dog. He wondered if he was being serious in his question, or was just not to observant. Bones had trouble telling with humans, he was definitely not good at understanding the human mind, even if he looked just like one.

Stretching out a bit, he spoke again, trying to clear things up.

"Neisser. I go by Bonesss, and I'm trying to take a nap before you interrupted me... Im up her on ssis branch in the tree..."

If the guy looked up at him, he would wave one hand to show himself, and then roll over, and climb down the tree to see the guy. It appeared he would not be getting a nap.

"Hello... Asss I sssaid... people call me Bonesss.... and you?"
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 3rd, 2011, 11:40 pm

If he wasn't surprised enough before, he certainly was now. Ricky had finally seen who it was that spoke to him, and now that person was before him. His speech was strange, sort of foreign in a way. Ricky had heard a few stories from his Pa before, but never before had he ever expected to meet a Dhani. "Ricky. Ricky Maze, pleasure to meet you. This is my dog Odis." He pointed back to the pup, also looking to see that the miserable dog had not only whimpered but coward his way behind Ricky. For what reason had the dog decide to take such a unusual manner, what scared the Odis so bad that he now wouldn't take the chance to meet a new stranger.

"I apologize for the manner he's showing, he seems to be acting....different for some odd reason." He took notice that Bones had a gladius with him, an unusual weapon to have but still a weapon. The fact that they were alone made this meeting feel a bit less friendly now that Ricky took notice, and he took the pleasure of not keeping his guard down. "So Bones, your not particularly from around here are you?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 4th, 2011, 12:23 am

Bones walked up to the man, being his normal self. Though it seemed it was putting the animal a bit off, not wanting to get near. Often animals could sense a predator nearby... Speaking in his usual slow sibilant speech, he responded.

"Ssatsss alright, I have ssat effect often on animalsss.... I don't take offenssse..."

Looking down at the dog in the eyes, he spoke, obviously showing he was not trying to lie, "But I would not harm sssomeonesss pet, ssat would be rude... Only the wild onesss, I go hunting for the wild animalsss often enough for food."

Looking up, Bones took in his last words, taking his words in before responding. He found it was best to think things over before responding. Finally, he gave a short response. "Yesss, I am from Sssouss of here..."

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 4th, 2011, 12:52 am

It was really foreign for Ricky, he wasn't sure what Bones was saying near the end; but he was rather curious about how he was hunting wild animals. "So you hunt? How is it that you usually do this exactly?" He would've continued on with another question to keep the conversation going, but Odis then did something even more unusual for Ricky.

Whine, whimper. Whine, whimper. Whine, whimper. Odis was saying something to him, and Ricky couldn't understand it. Something bothered Odis, and Ricky wasn't sure if it was the city, this pond, or Bones. Sure he intimidated Ricky, and he even admitted he had that effect on animals. On second thought Odis really acted up before Bones even revealed himself, so it couldn't be him really. Odis rolled around in the grass, then looked up at Ricky. What was wrong with him? Why had he acted so....weird?

Ricky returned an apologetic look to Bones, "Again I apologize. I think the air here has made him sick or something." He pat Odis and rubbed his belly, and the dog only groaned with a small whine to follow. "So about the whole hunting animals thing, you don't have to answer that. I've actually noticed that you have a gladius." He let a grin slide, hoping that he'd have a chance for some practice sparing.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 4th, 2011, 1:28 am

Bones listened to his response, always asking questions. Why could humans never leave well enough alone? Letting out a breath, he replied, even though he did not have to, saying things that were technically truthful.

"Hunting? Ah well I usssed to hunt more when I was young, but ssere is not asss much here in this land to hunt... Ssso I sssimply hunt for fresssh meat at timesss..."

Then he pointed out his gladius, which was a bit odd of a weapon. Most weapons did not have a hilt made out of bone, which made it different. Though Bones had recently found out something about the hilt of his blade, which had been said to be carved out of the bones of an isur...

This meant it was very strong and hard, and deceivingly heavy for being made of bone. Though the added weight was no problem for Bones, with his strength.

"Yesss, my gladiusss here, I have had it for a long time... I ussse it more know when I fight in the colissseum, were I am a combatant..."

Eying the way he was looking at his blade, Bones responded quickly. "Are you a fighter to? Would you want to practice a bit? Alwaysss good to get sssome training in..."

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 4th, 2011, 1:58 am

Ricky felt his nerve endings flare up a bit, his skin felt a bit cold as Bones asked that question. Sure he had his small experiences before, but he was nothing sort of a fighter. Didn't mean he could become one or learn the ways, but to Ricky fighting was something he didn't feel he was good at at all. "Sure," He hid his nervous expression with a grin, "I could always do with a bit of practice now and then. Though I'm really not that much of a fighter at all."

He looked to Odis, who now walked over to a shady spot. Again with the peculiar behavior, but now wasn't the time to focus so much on Odis. If Ricky was to learn how to handle his sword, he'd need to concentrate on the task before him. "So long as it's just simple practice." He reassured Bones, then with his right hand he drew the long sword from the left side of his waist; relaxing it on his right shoulder, releasing any tension built inside. He only stood relaxed, and kept the same position he stood in.

OOC :
This would be his position, I wasn't sure how to describe it without going into a full overload of detail. So, here it is.:)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 4th, 2011, 2:27 am

Bones stretched out for a bit, popping his neck and stretching out his arms. He knew from his practice in bodybuilding that it was important to stretch out before doing anything strenuous. Though often in real combat there was not time to do so...

"Of course, don't want to causssse anyssing permanent, just wanting to get our ssskills a bit better. Every little bit helpsss."

Bones set back his right hand, and pulled out his gladius. He held it loosely in his right hand in front of him, preparing to use it if needed. However he still left his left hand open to be used for a punch or something or to grab if they got in close.

To be honest, he could use either hand for fighting with his weapon, but he usually stuck to this combo. But if needed he could switch hands. He was skilled in using both hands. He had to learn to use them both, as he figured out his body when he was first able to use hands as a youngling.

It seemed he would have to be the first to make a move, and so he moved forward towards the other guy, ready to make a slash with his gladius when he got in close across the other guys torso. Though it would not be to hard to block or parry it.

This attack was more of a weak blow, not even going full force, only barely going at the force of a normal human. Which would be close to the strength of the other guy, though rather weak for Bones. But he would restrict his strength for this fight, so as to not make it end to soon, or to harm the other guy.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next