A strange meeting on an even stranger day.. (Vynia)

Darian encounters a woman when a unnaturally thick fog rolls in.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darian on September 30th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Time:20th of Fall, 511 AV
Setting: (Just a bell after dawn in The Seaside Market)
Purpose: Meet and greet, possibly some training

The sun had risen before his very eyes, kissing the horizon and bringing vivid rays of gold, orange, and red across the city. He hadn't slept that night, it wasn't immediately obvious to him why not, other than he simply couldn't stop the stirrings in his mind. Seeing the sunrise so fully, and unobstructed at the top of a creaky platform hadn't helped at all. The sight brought only anger, and renewed hatred, after all it was very much like the sun was spitting in his face, rustling up old pains just for the sake of seeing him squirm. Not this morning though, just a deathly calm, and unblinking eyes. He'd make the sun pay in it's due time, but for now there where other matters like quelling his growling belly, and beating down the whelp who tried to rob him last night.

It was all just such so much like every other morning really. He leapt off the small dock, plummeting the distance between it and the sandy ground without even a grimace. His feet touched the sand first, and throwing his weight forward, he managed to crumple to the ground with not to many bruises scouring his body.

I really need to get better at falling.

Planting his hands underneath him, Darian pushed himself up to his knees before climbing to his feet and walking away slowly, dusting himself of meticulously as he kept his eyes out for any merchants that happened to be awake at this early hour. So far he had only seen a couple of them, those being the really dedicated ones that stayed with their spot through thick and thin, and those ones were still fast asleep, and well watched over by their capable bodyguards. He wasn't much of a thief anyways.

Across the waters, unnoticed by him, a thick fog was making it's slow way across, creeping like a silent killer. Darian's eyes though where more focused on the shadows the refreshing dawn light casted, his hazel orbs scanning searchingly among the gloom for any that might try to steal upon him.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vynia on October 1st, 2011, 12:29 am

Syna’s rays graced the land before Vynia. With hands on hips she looked around the market before her. This city was ridden with scoundrels and vagabonds. There was no existing structure, no balance, no queen. It was far more different than her beloved home in Taloba, and frankly, it made her sick to her stomach. How could one expect to live in such a city? And yet….

Sunberth. It was home to some of the most vicious assassins, most cunning thieves, most relentless warriors. Though none would top her jungle home when it came to supreme military organization and structure, Sunberth posed a different setting. The style of this place was different to her. The lunatics wandering around here, calling this place home, had developed a sort of survival technique suited to fit this place. It had its ups and downs, for sure. Her mind had been made. Someone would teach her what she wished to know, or she would unleash the fury of Myri herself upon these people. Even at the thought of her Goddess Queen, she smirked, a hand trailing up to her Queen’s mark on her collar bone. She had been blessed in a way that she showed proudly.

As she began walking forward, the faint click, plink, and chick of the little fangs tied in her hair, the bangles on her wrists and ankles, and the glaive harnessed to her back sounded. Her sister’s vambrace was strapped to her left forearm, her presence always seemingly with it. It was both a blessing and a burden. A reminder of what she had come here to do. She had to grow and be strong and fierce like her people. She wanted to take in all she could learn, and return to Taloba with a grand arsenal of discipline and design. Her desire burned deep and personal as the thought of Feritas flooded her mind. A scowl crept onto her face as she walked.

Vynia
It was written in blood.

Words: 18649
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Darian on October 1st, 2011, 5:31 am

My blade is ready to bite into your flesh..

The words echoed from the back of his mind, twisting their way against a memory best left forgotten. It was a simple phrase, repeated over and over in Myrian, a harsh sounding dialect if there ever was one. Deep voices rasped the words in his mind, every syllable grating against his mind, and stoking the anger that burned within him.

His eyes seemed to blaze into life, his heart beating faster in his chest, and suddenly he wasn't walking the sandy sea side market, but in the fields, the smell of ash clinging thick to his shoddy clothes. Behind him a shack burned fiercely, causing a huge plume of smoke to billow into the crystalline blue sky and marring the otherwise beautiful day. His hands dripped with blood yet most was already congealed making his hands a sticky mess of gore.

It was ok.. I did what I had to...

He blinked, and suddenly he was walking along the beach once more, his dark leather armor a vacuum for any and all light near him, obscuring his outline in the hazy morning light, yet setting him apart in anyones vision, drawing attention to himself contrary to the armors actual purpose. It didn't matter though, he had his blade ready and more than a little bit of eagerness to put it to work. He had a sunrise to taint after all. No such fool presented himself as the time went on for a few chimes, his eyes scanning but finding no challenge in the growing light, indeed not much of any movement either besides a lone scuttling crab that he picked up careful of its pinchers.

To small for a good meal.

Darian tossed the small crab away, not really concerned with it anymore or its fate with the landing, and took a sharp turn, heading towards the center of the city. There was movement there at least, a few beggars, and drunkards hobbling on by obviously more concerned with the dredges in their tin cups than the man who put cold metal through them in the blink of a eye and not feel a single twinge of remorse. It was a good thing, not to live in fear that is. Amongst those shambling men and women someone did catch his eye, a exotic woman of looks that reminded him of someone. Her copper colored skin reflected in the rays of sunlight, and her otherwise wild appearance quickly distinguished her from the rest of the crowd.

"Interesting" Darian whispered to himself.

His feet now carried him towards her in a path that would intercept hers. Strangers where often times the best source of information, and the smart way to go about talking to someone without worrying what faction their loyalties lied. Even with a closer look at her savage appearance Darian didn't stop until he was directly in front of her. He crossed his arms, set his legs, and stood, his eyes making no attempt to hide his interest in the woman. "My road, pay or get the petch out." Darian called calmly, his eyes staring unblinking at her as his right hand slowly drifted down to rest easily on the hilt of his longsword. There was more than one way to test an outsider.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vynia on October 2nd, 2011, 3:33 pm

From the edges of the ever growing, thickening fog came a billowing in the mass. Sidestepping the imposing figure, she glared as he placed himself in front of her. This man was clad in a rather massive amount of clothing compared to herself, and she couldn’t for the life of her imagine why. Her mind flashed briefly to the heat of Taloba, her homeland. Her heart longed to be back in the jungle under the watch of her Goddess-Queen again. And then, the slightest of movements with the rudest of orders, the strange man’s hand fell to his weapon. Her face curled into a snarl as she eyed his movements.

”Speak to me in such a tone again and I’ll rip your face from your skull. Know your place, pathetic man.” Her voice was thick with dominance as she glowered at him. Where Vynia had come from, it was not custom for a male to assume a dominant position. Insulted and challenged, she stood with her feet apart, the fury of Myri in her soul.

In the depths of her mind, Feritas was summoned to the surface. Her hands twitched at the thought of how her sister used to command her around. It hadn’t been long since she departed from this world in the tragic event that took place in Taloba, and yet it was still fresh in her mind. She was torn. Did she miss her sister, or didn’t she? In the end it was Feritas who would inadvertently push her to be her very best, even if it was through her abusive, demeaning ways. Living in her shadow had never been easy, and yet she would reach to be twice the woman she ever was, no matter what it would take. Hence her arrival in Sunberth, a city full of vermin and vicious people. She would take what she could from them, and use it at her disposal.

Vynia
It was written in blood.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Darian on October 4th, 2011, 12:55 am

Fog thickened and spread at their feet, slowly rising between them as well but not yet obscuring his own vision of the scantily clad woman. Darian smirked at her words, rolling his shoulders back to stand a little bit straighter while his thin fingers wrapped firmly about the hilt of his blade. "Mind your waggling tongue woman unless you want me to cut it off" He growled, his face losing it's mirth in the blink of a eye, and his sword exposed partially from his sheath. He wasn't above taunting a woman into action, especially one that he now came to think was a myrian woman due to her exotic appearance. Of course he didn't really want her gold, but there where other matters at stake here, both hidden and obvious. In the end she could serve a purpose, and therefore was needed, and it was a simple as that.

"Now like I said, pay up, or prepare to lose some teeth" Darian added for no better reason that to push things further along. His heart beat steadily faster in his chest, anticipating the battle that might come, and his eyes shifted expectantly to the imposing weapon she carried on her back. He knew he could draw the longsword in a matter of moments, but whether or not she could draw her weapon fast enough was the question, especially since Darian had no qualms about running her through when she was still drawing that formidable weapon. After all, he didn't know how well she knew how to use it and it might be better if he stole the advantage early on.
Darian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vynia on October 6th, 2011, 12:46 am

Virtually expressionless for a few solid moments, Vynia stared at the man. He was threatening her? Who did this rat think he was? In her opinion, he was void of the right to speak to her in such a manner. A serpent of a smirk slithered its way onto her lips, twisting them into a chiseled expression that could only be defined as malicious. The curdling feeling rising up in sour waves from her toes was rage. Her face flushed hot as she gave a low chuckle, exposing teeth seemingly filed from her daily diet. Little ivory bones in her hair plinked as she shook her head at the man. Slowly, she raised her arms out to her sides, palms open.

”Silly boy. Pay up, you say, or else.” She mocked. ”Don’t test me. I’m hardly in the mood for toying around. I haven’t anything of value to you, unless you eat the flesh of children.” A wicked little cackle escaped her parted teeth. Her hazel green eyes shone, the spattering of blood red hue in the irises strangely bright.

This ignorant excuse for a living being had tested her patience to the limit. With a long stride, she brushed past him. The fog billowed around her steps again as she moved. She hadn’t the time to play games with children, and wouldn’t waste her time with him any longer. And yet, even as she moved, she slipped her hand into the side pocket of her pack and slid from it her eating knife to stow away in the fold of her clothes.

Vynia
It was written in blood.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Darian on October 9th, 2011, 5:06 am

It was like bringing the past to present, staring into that harsh face of hers, her words filled with such disdain only he wasn't out in Sunberth's vast tracts of farmland, pitting himself against a merciless myrian in a fight that tested him to the limits of his skill. He was in the Seaside Market, starting trouble with a traveler for no better reason than to work off some of the emotion's that had so filled him with the arrival of the sun. She asked for it. His thoughts argued, brining him from the moments confusion to the lucid reality of the moment. Best she learn her place by my blades than another's.

"I grow tired of your babble." Darian said just before she took a step to move past him, his voice soft now, almost as if he was regretful. A hiss echoed shortly after as he drew his blade, and adjusting his balance to accommodate movement with the weapon, he held it out beside him for a short moment before his left leg took a stride forward and he slashed out viciously for her. Even as he did that, his right foot twisted slightly to the left to accommodate a follow up slash from left to right.

Darian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vynia on October 9th, 2011, 9:28 pm

His voice. The grip of his fingers on his weapon. The metallic whistle of his blade. The sliding of his feet across the ground as he stepped and swung. It all came in a slowed motion as she anticipated his strike. She dropped the eating knife into the fold of her sarong, ever carefully. Her blood ran boiling hot with the fury of her Goddess-Queen. Myri’s gift shimmered across her collarbone as she snatched the glaive from her back with enhanced speed, to parry his blow. With a step forward and an elegant twist of her glaive, she shoved him back. The maneuver came accompanied with an animalistic snarl that rippled the hairs on her own neck. A little sheen of nervous sweat doused her forehead, a symbol of her stress.

”My babble?” Incredulously she glared at him, her voice ripe with contempt. Sunberth was proving a truly nasty place, even despite the rumors and tales. She released a string of Myrian swears before rushing into common again, ”Look here, ignorant rat, you rush headlong into confronting me without the slightest bit of knowledge of your affront! I am not the swine of your city’s disgusting streets, but a daughter of Myri, born and trained deep in the jungle of Falyndar! You would strike at me and demand I hand over valuables to you, and yet you haven’t the slightest sliver of intelligence to first consider if I am prime pick for your hunting. Again, I say, I haven’t anything of value to you.”

With a free hand she reached into a pocket of her back and retrieved a single coin, a bikka. She held it out for him to see before flicking it at him.

”Go on then, take it. But swing your blade in my direction again and I will soak your territory in your own blood, and hang your skull for all to mock.” Though she admired his courage to strike at a Myrian woman, she would not give him a second chance. These people were not accustomed to the ways of her people, and so she found it only reasonable to give him fair warning. She would not extend the courtesy further.

Last edited by Vynia on October 13th, 2011, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vynia
It was written in blood.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Darian on October 10th, 2011, 3:55 am

Her speed shocked him, and for that Darian forgot all about his follow up attack as his blade clanged hard against the haft of her glaive, and fell back as the woman pushed him away in a single consecutive effort. His eyes wide, and heart pounding in his chest, he allowed him to stumble back a few steps farther than he would have from the simple push, and letting the tip of his longsword rest against the ground, he watched her with steeled eyes, and if she could have seen his lips the frown found there would have been anything but welcoming. Even without being able to see most of his facial expression, his eyes relayed much the same sentiment as he stared forward at her coldly, and didn't even flinch when tossed the strange coin at him. He waited a moment till after she was done speaking before raising his blade up to rest on his shoulder, and visibly relaxing his stance.

"So your quick, speed doesn't add up to skill, or discipline. You myrian's are too prideful for your own good for you always seem to fail at realizing that you aren't in the jungles anymore. There you might be as all powerful as you say but here your just like everyone else, and perhaps even worse off as I think you'd be more prone to having blades placed in your backs. You say I need to adapt when it is really you yourself who needs to pay mind to the people here before you mouth off to the wrong person and end up face down in a alley somewhere. Keep your money for someone who finds you worth bothering with, I've changed my mind." Darian said as fog thickened around him, further deepening his misgivings concerning the confrontation. Why did I even haggle this stranger? Because she was a myrian? Because she was a woman? Was it simply it had been to long I had spilt blood? The thoughts went on and on, growing darker as they went, and not willing to turn his back on the woman, he slowly took steps back, receding into the mist and not much caring if she followed him so lost was he in his own head.

Last edited by Darian on October 15th, 2011, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vynia on October 13th, 2011, 12:57 am

His words stabbed deep into her conscious. Her brow twitched as her thoughts faded into her past. A screaming sibling, older sister, rival, mentor. Feritas sneered at Vynia as she kicked her in her already tender side. Her frustration boiled as she rolled over, face down into the dirt. Spittle leaked from the corner of her mouth as Feritas cursed her up and down in Myrian.

You will never be anything! You cannot swallow your own pride for even the shortest of moments to see how you could grow. You could accept the fact that you are not the best there is, and cease your arrogance. Open your eyes to the warrioress you could be, Vynia!

Feritas gave her another hearty kick before spitting down at her and leaving her to wallow in her lost sparring match. As she laid on the ground, she cursed her sister’s name.

As she waded back from her reverie, her left hand was but barely outstretched. A single word found its way from her throat, ”Wait.”

The fog between them thickened as he multiplied the distance between them with each and every step backwards he took. Maybe this stranger was right, no matter how vicious he had been. To hear it from her sister was one thing, but from an stranger in his own element, his own territory… Maybe there was something to learn from this man. True, she was unfamiliar with Sunberth. In Taloba, no one ran around stabbing each other without just cause… Unless you were an unwelcomed outsider or the like.

It was worth a try.

Vynia
It was written in blood.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next