[Silver Sliver]Is this supposed to burn?[Solo]

Clyde is drowning his sorrows... Or trying to... Since he has never really gotten drunk before...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 26th, 2011, 2:35 pm

Clyde went along with the man, sure that he knew what he was doing, and that he would soon be fixed from whatever was wrong with him... He was pretty sure anyways...

Finally they ended up at a decrepit building, which was deceivingly nice inside. And full of beautiful woman.... Well that was also a surprise...

Clyde was a bit distracted by this scene, and was almost dragged off by the man into the next room were they were going.... He could not help making one last look back as the door shut... He would not mind more of that...

But he was pretty sure a master would not be that attractive... And a bit later when Leo returned, with the master he assumed, it was shown that he was right on the count of attractiveness.... Was he even alive? Or some body that just refused to lie down when its time came to an end...

Then after a bit of speaking, which Clyde did not understand, he was bashed by some unseen force. He was surprised he had not been sent flying through the wall... But at the same time as this, he realized he knew magic, and that his memories were once more returned!

That alone made him realize this man was a true master. What had taken long periods of time for others to do and undo, he had done in an instant....

Looking over, he realized the man before him was a nuit, and was addressing him.... And he did not look like a man to make wait... So he stretched his mind for a second, going over a few of his fond memories of magic, which seemed to bolster his resolve... And that one time he almost got blown up with lightning from his own seal.... With a slight grin forming, Clyde responded.

"Nice to meet you William... Thank you for... Helping me... The whole experience of when I was magiced to forget... Well is the hardest to recall.... I guess since it was so close to when I lost it all... I know it was a man.... And I recall he had many scars... Which seemed pretty old... So probably not a nuit then... And obviously hypnosis... Also he could use fire reimancy.... "

Clyde said this last bit while feeling his face, for the now familiar scars that the man had given him... He tried to recall what else there was.... Something....

"I believe he tried to make me think he was a God... Though looking back I don't think he was.... And also.... There was one more thing.... Something that I recall echoing in my head many times.... 'Find Sahova, or forever be mortal.'

Clyde said this last bit with an odd look in his eyes... Like the last bit was not his own words, just him repeating what he had heard... That last compulsion also seemed to be a part of the hypnotic spell used on him...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on October 29th, 2011, 12:03 am

The nuit regarded Clyde with curiosity as the young mage relayed his story. After Clyde had finished the Nuit just shook his head in confusion. "No, I doubt he was a god. Possibly an Alvina, but that's almost as unlikely. Either would give me more trouble. What I find most curious is that he would send you to Sahova." The nuit stroked his chin in thought. "It's true, we Nuit are the closest most can hope of for becoming immortal, but we are not. And why, if he didn't want you to learn magic, would he send you to the one place you most assuredly would? It makes no sense. A master he was, but I believe he must have suffered overgiving one too many times."

William signed and walked over to a bookshelf against the wall, seeming to browse for a moment before turning back to Clyde. "Before I fix you, let us discuss Aello. She has been a thorn in my side for nearly a year now.. she has killed my men, and thwarted many of my efforts without even knowing it. She needs to be dealt with.. but the real problem is that pesky valterric Cassandra that seems to have latched onto her. I still haven't figured out what exactly it wants.. Is it feeding off her hatred? Or my anger? Regardless, my hope is that with Aello out of the picture she will go away. All I need from you is for you to bring Aello to this building, alone. Can you handle that?"

One thing Clyde might notice was that William had not called Cassandra a ghost, as Leo had, but that interesting tidbit would have to be investigated at another time. Assuming that Clyde said yes, something he had already done once, the Nuit would announce that he was beginning the process. Clyde could feel it too, the immense amount of foreign djed that was moving around in his head. The Nuit approached and placed his hands on either side if Clyde's head, staring into the mage's eyes.

"What is your name." When Clyde answered, assuming he didn't lie for some reason, he would feel a tiny feeling of certainty and strength swell within his mind.

"Where were you born?" More certainty, more strength, would grow within and Clyde might begin to understand what was happening, though maybe not.

"What color are your eyes?"

"Are you a man?"

"Are you human?"

Perhaps Clyde understood now. With each answer his strength and certainty grew. It grew and swelled until it got to a point that it was pressing against the figurative boulder that was hovering over his head.

"Do you have ten fingers?"

"How old are you?"

"Are you alive?"

The questions went on and on, and with each answer he felt his strength grow, he felt his certainty of self solidify. Clyde could feel the pressure now in full force, his certainty pushing against the mental boulder of doubt and disbelief that had been placed upon his mind. The Nuit let go of Clyde's head and with the release of his hands Clyde felt suddenly the full weight of the curse pressing down upon him. William just had one more question.

"Is magic real?"

OOCI will let you describe the effect of what your answer does, though it is the cure. Also, if for some reason Clyde was dishonest with any of his answers it would instill doubt instead of certainty and pretty much ruin the spell. One ounce of self doubt is stronger than a thousand gallons of certainty. It all depends on what you want to have happen.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 30th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Clyde listened as the master spoke, wondering for a moment as he made mention of Cassandra... Calling her a Valterric? Clyde could not recall what that was exactly, but he was fairly sure it has something to do with monsters... But he had thought Cassandra was a ghost... Clyde would have to try and find out more on that later...

But listening, Clyde realized it was time for him to respond, and an actual question was being posed, not just more lecturing. So he thought on it for a moment or two, or at least pretended to, before nodding and saying he would do as asked with Aello...

Finally, after his saying this, it seemed time to fix him... And Clyde was very ready.... Already he hungrily clung to the bits of magic flowing through his body, the unnatural might bottled inside of him... Able to be used at his slightest whim, to do as he wanted...

Clyde shook his head as the master approached, and wondered for a moment... had he always been this obsessed with magic? As far as he could recall, he had, but it was tough to recall such a thing from before his loss of magic... But surely not, his magic felt so right, so strong, a part of him... Surely he had always felt this way about it... This love for it... This desire to free it, and watch as it did his bidding... But as he thought about it... He realized he did not really care which!

Clyde once more gave an odd smile, which would have seemed creepy to anyone paying attention... His grin seemed a little bit to... Happy... Considering everything that was going on... But Clyde could not help feeling this way knowing he would be regaining his powers...

Now the nuit held his hands on Clyde's head, and looked him deep in the eyes, speaking with more power than a voice normally carried...

"What is your name."

"Clyde Sullins..." Clyde felt something warm in the pit of his chest...

"Where were you born?"

"In Syliras...." It grew, now fed a bit by the rage as he thought of that accursed city...

"What color are your eyes?"

"Blue..." He laughed inside... No the thing did... The thing glowing in his belly, becoming stronger.... Laughed at his words....

"Are you a man?"

"Yes..." Clyde was starting to speak louder.... And louder with each answer... As the force built, ready to explode inside of him....

"Are you human?"

"Yes!...." It did not explode... But got bigger and bigger... Glowing hotter, but not burning...

"Do you have ten fingers?"

"Yes!!!..." The heat expanded, no longer only in his gut, shooting down to the tips of his toes with a warmth, his entire lower glowing with the force...

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen..." It was moving up, hitting his shoulders, and flowing down his arms....

"Are you alive?"

"YES!!!" It shot off once more, down to the tips of his fingers, up his neck and into his head... Finally swarming and building force in his head... Circling around his mind...

"Is magic real?"

With this last one, the man removed his hands... And Cylde felt it... THe full force... The brunt of the magic... It pushed him down, and he fell to his knees... More... And he was on all fours... An obsessive thought whispered in his mind... "Just say no... Say no... Magic is not true... It is false... A lie... Do not believe him..."

Clyde let out a whimper... Wordlessly moving his lips... He tried to say yes, but he could not get the words out, the force pushing down on him... Just saying that one word was more difficult than anything in his life...

He thrashed through his mind, as the spell tried to entrap him once more... Trying to find something to force it off... And finally he found it... Memories buried deeper... Even more so than the ones by the spell...

He was in a chamber, with stone walls, torches lighting the place... He knew he was in Syliras... he was chained to one wall... Unable to move... He tried to stay awake, as he dozed for a bit, and saw his hands bleeding... But at the same time he remembered it was so long ago... Long since healed... Close to thirteen years ago... When he was but a small boy...

Then he saw a person... There face hidden.... Approaching with a odd colored mist floating out.... And then pain, as the mist was thrust inside of him, into the cuts on his hands, into his mouth and nostrils... He gagged and choked and his body shook at the pain of the magic entering him... Changing him....

He blinked once... Twice... The remnants of the pain from the memory still fresh... And he was decided.... He rose, getting back to his knees, and then coming to a standing position, fighting the weight on him... But he knew... Knew the magic.... Was real....

"Is magic real?"

"YES!!!!!" Clyde screamed it coming full up to his height, tilting his head back and letting out the loud roar of his voice... "Yes magic is real! And I am a mage! I control the forces of magic in me, to do my bidding!"

Clyde looked around, fury once more rising inside of himself, but him with no outlet... He fought the urging of his mind to loosen a bolt of lightning, just to show off... That might not be so good indoors...

And started to laugh.... He laughed... And laughed... And laughed... And he found he could not stop laughing... He laughed till there were tears in his eyes...

Then still laughing, he held up one hand, exuding a bit of res out of his hand... It swirled and rose above his hand, and then with a snap of his fingers, the outside of the ball the size of a marble flared to life, spreading its flickering light in the room, just a few inches off his hand...

Almost as an afterthought, Clyde stopped laughing, watching the tiny flame flicker... He spoke once more, almost in a whisper... Not even realizing he spoke out loud... Or that anyone else was there, so lost in the flame of his creation was he... "And soon enough any who stand in my way will burn... Along with that accursed city Syliras... Soon enough..."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on November 2nd, 2011, 12:49 am

Leo and William both watched curiously as Clyde fought his inner battle, neither of them able to imagine what it must have felt like. Not even the master, for he had never even inflicted such a curse upon someone much less suffered one himself. When Clyde has finally finished and won the Nuit nodded his head, then chuckled at Clyde's laughter. He could imagine how ecstatic it must feel to suddenly reunited with one’s self. Everything had worked perfectly. The hypnotic curse was removed and Clyde was free to practice magic once more. All he had needed was some self assurance, really. It's possible that he could have even broken the spell himself. Possible.. but not likely. It was a really powerful spell afterall. When Clyde was done celebrating the Nuit took a step toward him.

"Well, everything appears to be in order now. I will leave you with Leonardo to discuss your promise to us."

The Nuit left the room without another word and Clyde was left alone with Leo in several moments of awkward silence. After a chime of Leo watching the door, as if he were waiting for his master to return, the man finally let out a sigh and turned to address Clyde.

"Well, I am glad that it worked. All you really need to do for us is bring Aello here. Just, be careful. Aello is good at reading people, we are fairly certain she is a skilled Aurist. And be wary of Cassandra, she might interfere if she notices something is up."

Leonardo crossed the room to the door and pushed it open. Strangely, all the women seem to have left, though giggles coming from behind closed doors suggested another possibility. "I'm afraid that since out business in concluded for the moment I am going to have to ask you to be on your way. If we don't hear from you soon.. the deal is off, and you will regret it." Gone was the kind, charming Leonardo from the tavern. This man was all about business and as far as he was concerned it was time for Clyde to go. He wouldn't even get to say goodbye to all the pretty ladies. To drive the point home Leonardo walked out of the room and to the front door, opening it as well.

"If you need to contact us for some reason, somebody will always be here. I will see you when you bring me Aello."

OOCOkay, so you are officially cured. Don't wait for the grade to start playing your magic, you are free to start. I'm adding it to your Storyteller secrets as well. We are in no rush on the Aello thing, I've got a lot on my plate right now and it's gonna need to be modded, so we can get to that when things aren't so hectic. If you have any questions, send me a PM.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 2nd, 2011, 9:07 pm

After everything that had occurred, Clyde was completely exhausted... Mentally and physically... He just wanted to go sleep it off, both from the copious amounts of alcohol, and from the procedure he had undergone to remove his curse....

Clyde waved as the nuit left, to tired to do much else. Clyde did not even notice as the two of them sat in silence, and was a bit startled when Leonardo suddenly spoke.

"Yes... I will do my best to get it done, a promise is a promise... And I have no doubt Aello is skilled, or else why would so many people be interested in her? It might be best to get to now her over time a bit, and then try and bring her in. Well I will see how things work out."

Clyde said this, but in the back of his mind it was not what he was thinking. He saw Aello as a valuable asset, just as much as the others did. So bringing her in would not even cross his mind for a while. He would eventually, but first he was sure he could gain a lot by learning from her.

And he was sure she had many skills she could help him with. No first he would learn what he could from her, try and find out more about her, and then when the time was right bring her in. But that would come later.

He had said soon, but he was sure by that he meant before the end of the season. Surely a few weeks would not make that big of a difference? Surely he was right in thinking so.

Clyde made his way out, and went about as quick as he could to were he was staying. His eyes were getting heavy, and he had a lot to think about.

-exit-
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on December 9th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Name

• +2 Storytelling
  • +2 Reimancy

You Question My Logic? :
So as you already knew I couldn't give much xp, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. Below is your point by point award detail:

+1 Storyteller for pouring your heart out
+1 Reimancy for releasing wind into the stone.
+1 Storytelling for telling how magic was lost
+1 Reimancy for victory casting

Lores: Trying your hand at Drinking, Contact: Leonardo, Being Hypnotized, Location of the Hypnotist's Hideout, Contact: William the Nuit, Cassandra is a Valterric, Bearing the weight of a mental Mountain, Magic is Real!, The Curse is Lifted, A Deal Made

Notes: I had a lot of fun with this thread and I hope you did to. Enjoy your magic, and sorry for taking so long to grade it.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Previous