[Silver Sliver]Is this supposed to burn?[Solo]

Clyde is drowning his sorrows... Or trying to... Since he has never really gotten drunk before...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 3rd, 2011, 2:35 pm

1 Fall 511

Clyde slowly walked up to a table, feeling a bit depressed today. He was not really sure why... He could not remember why he was so upset, and when he tried to remember... It made his head hurt... So he had stopped trying to pry into that bit of his head that had been lost... It only brought pain now...

So why not have a drink, get a little drunk... Though to be honest, he did not really drink... In fact this would be his first try at something... Hopefully he was not a lightweight... He had heard of people passing out on there first mug, and he really did not want that to occur in this city...

He motioned for the barmaid to come over, and ordered a mug of ale, as he sat out and viewed the nearby canal, several little boats and such going by...

He blinked and realized his mind had lost focus... Probably another side affect of the drug... Which he was still trying to find... What had he been exposed to out in the woods with that woman?

Regardless, the barmaid was waiting impatiently next to him, and he quickly paid her so she would set the ale down, and quickly weaved her ways through the tables taking empty glasses and setting down full ones.

Focusing on the mug, he drew it close, holding it with both hands. A small tremor ran through him, and a bit slopped out of the mug and onto the table... Another after effect of the need he found himself having... What was that darn thing?

But maybe this would help, and so he took one large sip, almost choking from taking in to much. It tasted sweet in his mouth, but turned sour a bit later... He supposed this made people want to drink more, so as to recall the sweet taste, only to have the sour return...

He clutched the mug close to him, as one might hold a child in your arms, not wanting to upset it or drop it.... And slowly taking a second more measured sip... Though he was not really feeling drunk... Pretty normal actually... His normal pain filled self...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on October 3rd, 2011, 6:29 pm

The Silver Sliver, perhaps one of the most popular bars in Ravok and the perfect place for a soul looking to drown their troubles in alcohol. Everyone had a sob story to tell, but perhaps none more so than Clyde on that very night. The worst part was, however, he could not remember what his sob story was even about. Something was wrong. He knew it, he could feel it, but he couldn't remember what it was. What was missing in Clyde's life? Somewhere out there there had to be an answer, so why not search next at the bottom of his glass?

A man entered the bar, his eyes darting about quickly. It was risky for him to be out in the open, especially in this particular tavern, but it was a risk he had been ordered to take. He was a handsome man with dirty blond hair and striking blue eyes much like Clyde's own. Many of the tavern ladies flocked to him when they spotted the handsome man but he ignored them, passing calmly by as if being showered in attention was nothing worth a thought. To him it wasn't, the women here were nothing but pawns and he had no interest in them at that moment. The handsome man was after a new piece now, perhaps a knight or a rook, or even a bishop. It was still too early to tell, though his perceptive eyes could already see what they had suspected before. And her aura was there, faint as it was. He had met with her, and the aura that was left behind confirmed it.

The man took a seat next to Clyde, offering him a friendly smile. "Do you mind if I sit here? I find drinking in company is often the best medicine, do you not agree?" Clyde found that, despite the man being a stranger, he did not mind at all if he sat there. In fact, Clyde found himself immediately warmed to the man as if he was an old friend or perhaps even a brother. "My name is Leonardo, but you can call me Leo." Leo waved to the nearest barmaid who blushed at the slightest look from the man. "Please, my lady, bring us both a mug of your Silver Sliver on my tab."

Leo turned back to Clyde and grinned again. "If you want to drink you should drink the best, am I right?" A few chimes later the barmaid came back with their drinks and placed one in front of each man. Leo paid and handed her a generous tip, the slowly took a sip from his own mug closing his eyes as he felt the burn of the silver liquid slide down his throat. "Ah, I'll never tire of that feeling. So, friend, what brings you to the Sliver seeking the bottom of a mug? If you don't mind my saying, you look like you've got a good bit on your mind. I'm a great listener if you need someone to talk to." Clyde did need someone to talk to. He might not have thought it before but once Leo mentioned it Clyde realized he did desperately wanted to tell him everything that had been going on recently, even if he didn't know exactly what that was.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 3rd, 2011, 8:09 pm

Clyde had been a bit distracted to see a man walk up, and it quickly brought him out of his revery. In his shock, he began to reach for something to defend himself... But remembered the only weapon he had on him was his staff... What had he been trying to do? He could not recall...

Though after a few seconds, and the man speaking, he realized he did not mind him sitting here... In fact he trusted him, as if he had known him for a long time... It was almost like a old... Friend.... Though he could not really think of anyone he might call that... He was not even on good terms with his family... Back in that accursed place called Syliras... Though he also could not seem to recall why he hated it...

"Hello Leo... Have we met before? It almost seems like I know you... Sorry, my memory is not what it used to be..."

Clyde watched as he saw him order them both the finest drink offered, which was an odd sight in Ravok... He must want something, or maybe was trying to trick him... But no, that was surely not it, he was such a nice man, someone he could trust. He would not do such a thing to Clyde.

Passing over this thought, he took the drink as it arrived. This time he was a bit more careful with his first sip, remembering almost choking on his big gulp of ale. For a first time of drinking, this seemed to be going pretty well... Maybe he should go out to drink more often?

Though he was caught a bit off guard by the drink, as a small bit trickled down his throat. It burned like fire going inside him, and he coughed and sputtered from the sensation, though he did his best to hide his reaction... Failing miserably... He obviously was new to the drinking scene.

But he forgot the burning, as another question was asked. He took a second sip, this one not hurting as much, since the first bit had numbed his throat... Though his eyes still watered a bit... He looked the man over once more.... He seemed trustworthy... Why not tell him of his woes?

"To be honest... I am not completely sure... I am not so bad off... I have all of my limbs, I have not been driven insane by the world around me... I am able to make it by, and have not been enslaved like so many others here... But..."

"But... Something is missing.... I feel a great gaping hole in what I am... I have lost something, but I do not know what... My memories seem to go into my head like a leaky pot, some stays in, but other bits dribble out... And my life... Things just do not make sense..."

"I hate Syliras with a passion, and would love to see it burn... But for what reason I am lost... Surely something has occurred to make me feel so, but I cannot recall... And how is it I never bothered to learn to fight, or really get good at any trade? What did I do during my time in Syliras? It seems large gaps of my time there are missing..."

"And lately... I feel a great need for something.... But I do not know what! I can hardly sit still for the shakes in my body as my mind urges for it, but does not show me what.... And sometimes.... Some things that I cannot explain happen... I know more or less how the world works, and most things I can explain... But my knowledge must be missing on several points, for there is much I cannot..."

"Sometimes I wonder what is real... And in truth I wonder if I even care if I am awake or asleep, if this is all there is.... Surely there must be something more....Something I can do with my life that is not such a waste as I am in this state..."

Having said all this, Clyde took another sip of his drink, larger than the other. He fought as the fire blazed down his throat, and he refused to show how it affected him.... Though his eyes still watered, streaming down his face... He looked back up to see the man, wondering on how he would respond and what he would think of what he had said.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on October 4th, 2011, 12:05 am

Leonardo listened to Clyde's story carefully, all the while watching his aura.  It was interesting to see it work, the spell that had long ago been placed upon him.  It was powerful, but it was also imperfect.  Clearly Clyde had known magic since it's original casting, so perhaps it was something that popped up randomly and made him forget.  That was the only logical explanation, for Leonardo was well aware of Clyde's acceptance into the Institute and knew he wouldn't have gained entry without his magic.  Which meant that the spell must have reativated during his time in Ravok. How long had it remained dormant, he wondered?  Surely it had been active when initially cast, but Clyde seemed to have magic related memories at random points throughout his entire life.  Perhaps when the spell was inactive he had been unable to remember those periods just as he now was unable to remember the dormant periods.  It was almost as if he had split personalities, one a mage and one not.

The important question still needed to be answered before Clyde could be helped, but Leo knew it was still too risky.  "That sounds absolutely awful.  I can see why you would want to drown your sorrows, my friend."  Clyde had the urge to drink more, to drink faster.  When his mug was emptied Leo ordered another round of drinks and Clyde, who was defenseless against the magical compulsion, wanted nothing more than to drink that mug down as well.  When the third round came Leo finally spoke again, three barely touched mugs sitting before him.

"I have a confession to make.  I was sent here to help you, and I do believe I can help you, Clyde.  I am actually a student at the Institute of Higher Learning, but before that I worked with the Benshira healers of the Burning Lands.  There I trained in the scientific art of Chah'hara, a form of hypnosis designed to treat patients suffering from amnesia."  The whole story was rubbish, except for the part about the Institute, and the name for the hypnosis was completely made up but Clyde didn't know that.  "Now I know what you are thinking, but hypnosis is not just some prank played by magicians and passed off as magic.  It is a real science that tricks the mind into remembering the past.  It should help you bring back your memories.  If you are interested, I would like to try it on you.  Even if it fails, it's completely harmless so there's nothing to worry about.  What do you say?"

Once again Clyde felt the urge to trust the man, and also to drink.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 4th, 2011, 12:35 am

Clyde was reassured by the mans response, which seemed to console him a bit. He sipped at his drink, and found himself downing it quite quickly... Suddenly he realized it tasted quite good... Then he drank down the second one... And was clutching at the third....

By now, Clyde was quite inebriated... He had never tried to drink before, and he would be lucky if he did did not get up on the table and sing and dance, let alone remember any of the events or the man before him in the morning.... The alcoholic content on this beverage was much greater than the weak ale from before, which sat forgotten on the table.

Clyde listened to what the man was saying, but he did have a bit of trouble understanding some of what he meant. But at this point he was very fond of the man who had befriended him, and would surely follow any advice he were to give him. Though hopefully that advice would not include any fast movement... Unless he could first convince the room to stop moving so fast in circles... Which Clyde was pretty sure he would be able to, he was quite persuasive.

"Am... Esia? Sounds awful... Science... Yesss that is true, hypnosis is a most divine branch of science.... My memor... ees? Yes I I would love it if you could help me with those... You seem to know what you are doing.... If you think it is a g... good idea, then I would love to try it... What.... What do I need to do?"

Clyde looked the man in the eyes... Well one of his sets of eyes... Why in the heck did he have 3 sets? Regardless he tried staring at the one in the middle, since that seemed the best, and to nod, trying to look helpful.

He was not really sure what he needed to do, so he just sat there taking sips of his drink, looking at the man, waiting on instructions. Surely he would be able to direct him, he was so knowledgeable in his scientific approach to hypnosis.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on October 11th, 2011, 12:25 pm

"Excellent! All you have to do is sit there for now. Barmaid! Could you please bring us a tall candle?"

The barmaid stared incredulously at Leo for a moment. It wasn't dark in the tavern so why did he need a candle? But she couldn't resist the man's charming smile and after only a moment's hesitation she nodded and departed to get the candle. Meanwhile Leonardo reached into his pocket and withdrew two gold mizas which he handed across the table to Clyde. They had strange glyphs on either side, which the non-magical Clyde could only assume were symbols for some unknown city.

"Hold one of those in each hand. The point is to give yourself a sort of anchor, that way if you have to you can pull yourself out of the trance."

Once again Leo was making things up and if Clyde hadn't been so drunk he might have realized what the man was saying didn't make any sense. How could coins be an anchor? But it didn't matter, the barmaid returned with the candle and Leo was ready to begin. "Okay, we are ready to begin. Hold the coins tight, you may need them. Now, I want you to watch the flame, and listen to my voice. Watch it dance, flicker, and burn. Do not take your eyes off it. I want you to relax." Hypnotic djed slithered from the man's lips and made it's way across the table to Clyde's ears helping him to fall into the trance. "Watch the flame. Let it wash over you, let it burn away the fog that shrouds your mind. You are growing drowsy." More djed, and stronger, flowed between the pair. "I am going to snap my fingers and when I do you will sleep. On the count of three. One... Two... Three." Leo snapped his fingers and Clyde fell into a sleeplike trance, still sitting upright and still staring at the flames, but his consciousness left him.

Leo sat forward, his djed still working very hard. He found the curtain which had been place over Clyde's mind and tried to push it back, but it was very heavy. Another spike of djed entered Clyde's mind, this time not directed at the man but at the spell inside him. The curtain budged and a trickle of memory began to flow into Clyde's trancelike mind. "Clyde," Leo whispered as he pushed again and more memories began to pour out. "Clyde!" One more shove and he curtain was lifted. Suddenly Clyde was awake and he could remember everything, but it wasn't the end.

"Clyde, we don't have much time. I know it's hard to focus because of the alcohol, but it was necessary. It inhibits your ability to cast spells. You are smart enough to know that you were enspelled. I haven't broken it, only lifted it temporarily. The coins you are holding are glyphed to absorb magic. You overgave and are suffering from withdrawal. If you cannot resist the urge, cast your spells into the coins. They are good for two spells, if you try a third I'll have to let you forget again."

"My master can cure you permanently, but you have to help us first. The woman you met in the woods who the assassin was after, she is a murderer. She killed many innocent men who were only trying to help people because of her misguided beliefs. She is evil. I know that the assassin was destroyed, but not by her. You did it.. but you could not cast spells. I only know of one other person besides myself and my master who could have helped you, so unless you were aided by the divine.. you were possessed by a ghost, weren't you?"

Leo eyed Clyde for a moment while he waited for a response. It didn't matter if Clyde was truthful or not, Leo already knew. After Clyde answered Leo continued.

"The ghost's name is Cassandra. She is ancient, powerful, and she corrupts anything she touches. She has bound herself to Aello... We can help you, Clyde. We can lift the spell that was placed on you permanently. We've done it before, to another, but you must help us first. Bring Aello to us. Agree to do this and we will lift the spell. What do you say, Clyde?"

As he finished his last question a trickle of blood began to seep from Leonardo's nostril. His eyes were bloodshot and Clyde could sense the Mage could not keep the spell at bay much longer.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 12th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Clyde obediently sat, taking a foreign coin in each hand. He wondered for a bit why he needed currency from another land, but let it pass. At this point he did not care, and he trusted the man enough to do what was best for him.

Turning, as directed to the candle, he stared at its flickering flame, watching its dancing movement... He his eyelids seemed to be drooping a bit, and he fought off a yawn... He had to focus... Focus... Focus...... And at the snap, he was no longer awake...

As an amazing amount of energy pulsed through his mind on its own purpose, he stirred at his name, pulling in a large gasp of air in shock as everything flooded back, and his mind charged off as usual trying to piece things together... But as the man spoke, he focused, bringing all of his attention to on him as he could in his clouded state. He had released him, so it was most likely important to hear.

Clyde nodded at his words, noticing the complex glyphs on the coins. He let res gather in one hand, and released a spell of wind directly into the coin there. As he did, a great weight lifted off his shoulders, and a good bit of his mind that had been focused on his need to do magic, was now freed, allowing him to think a lot better... He held back on a second spell, though he could have done it... He would wait a moment, and then use the other... But he needed to listen now....

Clyde was startled to hear that the mans master could possibly cure him, considering no one else had been able to... But what was it he wanted for this in exchange? He recalled Aello, and what had occurred, how she had almost died at the hands of an assassin. The woman was evil? To be honest he did not care, he really just wanted to be fixed, and would do what it took to regain what he had lost... He nodded at the question of the ghost, which he now remembered at his questioning.

It was not really much of a choice. Of course he would help them. At the moment Aello seemed to like him, so it should not be to much trouble to get her to trust him and come with him.

"Yes.... Yes I will help... If it means being freed from this curse, I will help you and do what it takes to bring her were you want.... Were do I need to bring her?"

Clyde eyed the man, and saw that he was straining himself to keep the spell from retaking effect... It was like the real Clyde was hidden under a mountain, and in order to be talking to the real him, he had to stand and lift the mountain over his head... But the strain was obviously enormous, and would soon come crashing down... The only question was whether the other man would be crushed when the mountain fell, or would he escape out from under its weight....
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on October 18th, 2011, 12:07 am

Leonardo had never spent so much djed at one time in his entire life. He was going to suffer for this, he knew it, but his master had ordered him to do it and he had no choice but to obey. Idly he wiped the blood from his nose, his eyes widening when he saw the red stain on his hand, before he continued speaking. "We'll lift the curse first, then worry about Aello." More blood replace what he wiped away and Leo brought his hand suddenly to his forehead, a pained expression coming over his face. "Agh.. I.. I'm dropping the spell." Clyde's memories were already becoming fuzzy, he could already feel himself slipping back into the trancelike state he was before. "You are.. Your body is relaxing. You are becoming sleepy." The curtain sunk back into place and Clyde lost consciousness again. Leo collapsed on the table, drawing a few odd looks from those around, but no one moved to help him.

For a time it seemed that Clyde would be stuck that way, lost in a world somewhere between sleep and wakefulness. But after a few chimes if holding his head in pain the pressure slowly faded and Leo looked up at Clyde. Taking a deep breath the hypnotist let out a long sigh and wiped the blood from his face, trying to clean himself up before waking his companion. When he was ready he spoke again. "When I snap my fingers you will wake. On three... One... Two.. Three."

Snap, and Clyde was awake, though he could not remember anything that had happened during the trance. It didn't matter, though, Leo had a plan. "We had some success, Clyde! While you were in your trance I was able to get you to recall a few things. I think if you come with me and meet my teacher he can make you recall everything, permanently! Also, you shouldn't feel as stressed as you have been lately. I think the trance helped to relax you." Leo was referring to the craving to cast magic, of course, which would be lessened after Clyde's spell from earlier.

"Come with me, Clyde, and we'll fix you right up." Leonardo stood, swaying slightly though he doubted Clyde would notice, and offered a hand to the man.

OOCSo after you respond to this post I'm gonna jump ahead a few hours. I was gonna do it now, but I figured I'd let you get in another post before that.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 18th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Clyde knew that the magic was failing.... And then a moment later... He could not recall what he had just known so clearly... His thoughts were once more slipping away, and he tried to grab at bits of memory and cling to them.... But it was like trying to catch smoke in his hand... He could do nothing...

Soon enough he dropped from his state, and returned to how he had been when in a trance... The next thing he knew... He was hearing a snap, and he jerked his head up as if he had just awoken from a sleep... Had something just happened... It felt like he had only just closed his eyes a moment ago...

He was happy to hear there was success in all of it, that it had not been a total waste... He just wished he could recall it... But meeting this mans teacher, surely the master of a man as great as this was even more amazing... He was not sure why, but know he trusted the man even more... And felt it would be good to go with him... What had occurred while he was out?

"Yes, of course.... I would love to see your master... We should go straight away."

Clyde stood, saying this with a bit of urgency for which Clyde did not understand. But apparently subconsciously his mind did... He took the hand of the man that was offered to him, and followed along as he would lead him to an unknown location...

He hoped to fix his problem, and whatever there was wrong with his mind....
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on October 25th, 2011, 3:24 am

Clyde was led to the docks where he and Leonardo boarded a Ravosala and made way for the north side of the city. Idle chitchat made up for the boredom as the floated along, but soon enough they reached the northern part of the city and exited the boat. Leonardo led Clyde past numerous warehouse buildings and venues if seedy report until they arrived at a medium sized, rather plain looking building. The outside was dirty, shingles were falling off the roof and the wood looked suspect if not outright rotten.

"And here we are. My master is inside."

As Leo guided Clyde into the building he was met with an entirely different sort of view. The door opened into a large living room of sorts. Plush, comfy looking couches lined the walls and a sparkling chandelier hung in the center of the room. Women, all possessing some quality of beauty, lounged about drinking what looked like red wine and talking with one another. When the door open they all looked over and several of the women jumped up, running over to Leo and showering him in hugs and kisses, demanding that next time he not stay away for so long. Leo waded through it all as if it were the most normal thing and led Clyde through a side door into what looked to be an office.

"Wait here, my master will join you shortly."

Several chimes passed while Clyde was left to wait alone in the office, but eventually Leo did turn and with him was a man that could only be the master. He looked like a walking corpse, his skin as pale as death, and he moved with a gait that suggested his body he had seen better days. Despite his appearance however, he seemed quite capable of getting around and elected to stand and examine Clyde rather than sit in the chair available. Several moments passed as the man scrutinized Clyde, leaving him feeling awkward and naked. Finally the man drew a sharp, raspy breath as I he had just remembered he was supposed to breath.

"You were right, Leonardo, he is the work of a master. ...but perhaps one not so ancient as I. This work is sloppy. Flawed. I could have done much better... though perhaps that was the point. A mess is harder to clean than something that is not dirty."

Clyde was hit with a sudden blast of djed, the mental equivalent of being bashed with a battering ram, and instantly he was able to remember everything with perfect clarity. For the third time the curse was lifted, and for the third time Clyde could sense that it might come crashing back down at any moment.

"Hello, Clyde," the Nuit said, finally addressing Clyde directly. "My name is William. I jus have a few questions. What do you remember about when this curse was placed? The information could help in removing it."

OOCSorry for taking so long to respond. I have a lot of threads right now and life has been rather hectic.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Next