Dinner and new friends (Aiza, Yuros, Banir)

Four friends get to know each other over a dinner cooked by Winterflame's finest. =)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Aiza on December 4th, 2011, 5:29 am

Aiza felt the comfort of a hand over her head. She almost purred and relaxed a little. Soon after Yuros had returned and left she returned to the dinning room and sat across from Alea.

"Sorry" She muttered, stubborn about apologizes. She looked up. "I hope this didn't ruin your night."

Side glancing over she saw Banir, passed out, she couldn't help but begin to giggle at the sight of such a large man, sleeping so soundly like a small child. She looked again at Alea. "Are we still friends?"
Aiza
A Feline Kelvic.

Words: 34572
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2011, 12:43 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Yuros on December 7th, 2011, 5:27 am

Yuros smiled to himself. Sniffing the air the Kelvic could tell that Alea's emotions had settled once more, and he was glad for this. He almost could not stifle a chuckle when he felt her head on his shoulder. It was so strange to him, that she could, at one moment, be a ferocious huntress on the prowl, and then in the next breath a purring kitten. The girl was certainly... unusual.

Looking down at her Yuros patted her head, much like he did Aiza's, "It is alright. At times a growl is needed to bring calm to the woods." The Kelvic caught a whiff of cat and looked up as Aiza walked in, "And I believe that the kitten is not so turned from friendship."

Yuros nodded to Aiza, "The evening was wonderful, and I must thank you for the food that you provided. I must admit this is the first I have been served dinner by one of your kind and not been the dinner myself." Then the Kelvic laughed for the first time, the sound deep and throaty that vibrated through his entire frame. Yuros seemed to be adapting to the ways of men. His tongue did not stumble so often over the strange sounds, and his sentences were becoming a bit more complex.
Yuros
Player

Words: 68652
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on December 8th, 2011, 12:56 am

Alea grinned, relieved that Yuros seemed to be lightening the mood, and greatful that she hadn't completely destroyed her friendship with Aiza. "Of course we're still friends. And the night has been wonderful. It's my fault for being so angry." Now that she thought about it, she couldn't quite figure out why she had been made in the first place. She decided she must have just been surprised, and that was why she overreacted.

Alea yawned then, and realized that the big meal had made her sleepy. Her eyelids drooped and she nestled her head to a more comfortable position on Yuros's shoulder. She started to say something else, but it faded into incoherency as she rapidly lost consciousness.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Banir Ironwood on December 8th, 2011, 3:59 am

Banir kept sleeping soundly slumped in the corner. He shifted once in a while but remained still for the most part. His dreams keeping him in a strong hold slowly shifting through good and bad. Some events of his life moved by his minds eye. Occasionally mumbling in his sleep over past actions. Shuffling about cuddled into himself.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aiza on December 15th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Aiza nodded and gave a smile, she then noticed that Alea was falling asleep too. Aiza was a night creature by nature so the thought of going to sleep so early seemed odd. Glancing to the Kelvic she smiled and bowed her head in thanks. "Anything I can get you?" It seemed like a polite thing to do, offer more food if he was still hungry, she was the host after all.
Aiza
A Feline Kelvic.

Words: 34572
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2011, 12:43 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Yuros on December 16th, 2011, 12:08 am

Yuros returned Aiza's smile, the expression seeming much more natural than it had been only a day before, "Thank you, daughter of Fur and Claw, but I think that we have all eaten our fill. Your meal was fit for springs bounties, and just as sweet." He chuckled deep in his throat and looked down to where Alea was leaning on his shoulder, "I believe that the Huntress wishes to return to her den, so I will see her there."

In one movement Yuros swept Alea up into his arms and stood, the girl seeming to weigh no more than a feather against his scarred chest. Inclining his head Yuros thanked Aiza once more for the meal and walked into the kitchen and toward the back door, however, spotting Banir curled up on the floor the Kelvic stopped. Turning to face the man, Yuros bend slightly at the hip in a half bow, a show of respect for the man. Then Yuros, with Alea curled up in his arms, made his way out into the cold night and falling snow, picking up his cloak and draping it over Alea as he went.

The walk was slow and uneventful, but Yuros enjoyed it never the less. The moon was large over head, and it almost looked like he could reach up and touch its glowing surface. For a moment Yuros recalled an old story his mother told him, one of a lonely wolf who had fallen in love with the moon. Scrunching his eyebrows the Kelvic tried to recall the story completely, but sadly the tale eluded his every attempt at clarity.

Sighing heavily, Yuros lowered his eyes to the sleeping form in his arms. It is strange, He thought, When she sleeps she does not carry the claws of a hunter... As he thought this Alea stirred and opened one eye slightly, looking up at Yuros blearily. The moons light reflected off of the the girls hazel eyes, making them sparkle. For a moment Alea looked up at Yuros with her gem like eyes, though not seeing him really, before finally blinking and snuggling closer to Yuros' chest. The Kelvic smiled and adjusted the cloak so that it completely covered the sleeping figure in his arms, and then turned his eyes to the snow drifts before him. Setting off at a brisk jog, Yuros lengthened his strides so that he would not jostle Alea too much.

As he ran Yuros felt the cold sting of the chilled air on his skin, and the burning sensation as he breathed it into his lungs. For a time only the sound of his boots pounding on the ground could be heard in the silence, and the Kelvic was soothed by the repetitive act of running. From time to time Yuros would dodge around snow piles and a spare person or to, and at one point he leapt clear over a low wall that came to his waist. Still, he never slowed his pace and before long the tent had come into sight. Slowing down as he approached the entrance, Yuros adjusted Alea in his arms so that he could gently place her inside the tent, and Yuros was quick to follow. Settling down and closing the tent flap, the Kelvic turned and adjusted the cloak over Alea and lay down close to her side. The night was a cold one, and he could sense the coming of winter. Dully Yuros noted that he would lose his horns before long, and with the sound of Alea's gently breathing in his ear Yuros drifted off to sleep.
Yuros
Player

Words: 68652
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cheshire on January 11th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Character: Alea Davenport
Experience: Observation +2, Interrogation +4

Character: Alea
Experience: Cooking +1, Observation +2, Interrogation +3

Character: Banir Ironwood
Experience: Meditation +1, Observation +2
Lore: Praying to Izurdin

Character: Yuros
Experience: Observation +3, Interrogation +2, Medicine +1, Storytelling +1, Running +1
Lore: Animal Self: Dire Elk

Additional Note: Great thread guys. PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous