A Note to Ye Mateys (Open)

[Baroque Bay] Eridanus tries out one of the 'side tasks', jobs that were outsourced to Tua because of the reputation of his word-runners' efficiency.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Eridanus on November 21st, 2011, 8:20 am

Ares declared his need for sustenance, and Eri decided to bring them to a random restaurant nearby, but somehow the kelvic insulted the waitress who came up to greet them and everyone began to look at them. Eri started to apologize for his rowdy friend, but Ares decided not to eat here, and the Vantha tried to smile as charmingly as he could to the victim of Paul's verbal insult, while scooting his friend out of the place.

"I'll think it's better to grab a bite at the Castle Commons, eh? Come, let me bring you there."

Ares was able to more or less walk by himself without support now, but he was clearly too weak to move at a stable pace.

"Wait here for a moment, I'll be right back," Eri told him, and he quickly ducked into The Establishment nearby to check the time and the quota he had left. He negotiated with the clerk after a while, and he popped back out, confident that he still had quite a bit of time to spare to bring this lost kelvic around. He had no idea why he was doing this, but he felt that he owed it to his honour to at least 'finish what he started', though in this case it was finishing what Paul had started.

"Come on," Eri said, and they spent the better part of a third bell shuffling to the huge free-for-all vibrant market in all of Sunberth. The noise was much higher in this area, and so was the general vibrancy, with crowds of people checking out the merchandise in stock, vendors yelling whatever discounts they happened to offer at that time, and quite a few small-time crooks picking pockets out of unsuspecting civilians.

Eri felt a nudge and he quickly spun around, his hand grabbing the back of a shirt of a kid who had what it seemed to be Paul's money pouch in his grubby hands. The Vantha glared threateningly and shifted one hand over to his shoulder to emphasize the two blades sheathed there, and the boy turned white, quickly returning the pouch to Eri. He was not actually going to kill that kid of course, but intimidation paid in preventing violence. It was a sort of deterrence, in that aspect.

"Watch your stuff around here though," Eri told the fatigued warrior, bringing him to a store selling produces and food. He paused at the vendor who looked at his questioningly for an order, for he did not know how much exactly would a lion kelvic eat. He racked his brains for something that would help him, and he vaguely recalled reading something about mountain lions requiring 8-10 pounds of meat to survive everyday. Since he slummed at the library, he usually just read whatever books that was nearby when he was bored, and he decided that he should get Ares 4 pounds of meat for this meal, taking into account that Paul would eat three meals a day and his lack of energy.

"One pound of fresh fish, two pounds of pork sausages and a pound of smoked beef," He told the vendor, telling Ares, "Don't mind if I help ya," before dipping in the lion's money pouch to pay for the food before he returned it to his cloak. This was one of the reasons why he loved to shop here, for the food offered in the Castle Commons were exceedingly cheap due to the intense competition amongst merchants, and when there was conflict between the sellers it was always the consumers who would benefit the most. The Castle Commons was an excellent example of this concept.

He helped the kelvic to carry his food, bringing them to a small table at the street side which was unoccupied. It was common to see people sitting on the numerous benches and tables scattered throughout the area to rest their tired legs or to grab a bite or two after bells of perusing goods for the best deal. Placing the food on the table, he gestured, "Help yourself," before addressing the kelvic's speech earlier.

"Well Master Tua has a list of jobs that he can provide you with, that's the place where everyone goes to if they need a job. At least that's what I think. I can't really train you, since I do suspect that you might possibly be better in unarmed combat than me, judging from your... performance at the Pier earlier. We can exchange pointers if you wish though," He began as he watched the kelvic ferociously tear into the food as if it was his last meal.

He was touched of course that the kelvic had deemed him fit to tell the story of his life, and by courtesy he had to share something about him. Eri's story was long and complicated, so he decided to just sum it up simply and believably to the man for now. Perhaps he might share the more important bits if Paul proved to be a reliable and trustworthy ally who could aid his struggle, but for now this little bit of information would have to suffice. He was aware that the lion may not be aware of the Ethaefal, and so he decided to forgo that part of his life entirely, focusing on his mortal objectives to make it believable.

"I'm just trying to make a living here while I try to decipher a book that I found in the library," He said, obscurely referring to the book on song composition written by his past incarnation that was the sole reason why he came to his Leth-forsaken town. "I doubt I'll be here long though, it is highly likely that I'll not be in these crime-ridden streets when Morwen spreads winter here."

Eri patiently watched the kelvic finish his food, and when the lion smacked his lips from the huge meal, Eri said, "I'll have to head back to The Establishment or I'll lose my job. I have more things to do before I can call it a day. You know the way there, so if you don't want to rush you can take your time. See you next time, I gotta go!"

Without further do, he shook the kelvic's hand politely before heading out of the free market. He would look back to see if the Paul wanted to follow him. If he did, he would take the longer path along the streets but he would be running, and so Paul must be able to keep up with him. If not, he would take the short cut that involved plenty of roof-top climbing that was part of his express route while delivering urgent missives.

Cost of Food :
1 pound fresh fish (2gm)
2 pounds pork sausage (1gm)
1 pound smoked beef (4gm)
Total: 2+2+4 = 8 gm
50% discount from Castle Commons
Grand Total: 4gm
OOCDo let me know if you want to change your food xD
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Paul Ares on November 21st, 2011, 9:36 am

His tone was one of gratitude as he greeted "till we meet again Eridanus" , he just watched as the man sped off into the bustle. His strength seemed to be returning now that he had eaten something but he was still not ready to leave the bench they had been sitting at for fear that he might go down again. Yet it seemed he still had blood all over himself as he had not yet had a chance to wash it off. His thoughts lingered back to the days events earlier...not only had he lost 20 gold in an attempt to ward off the damn sailors, but he had exploded with rage... It would have dad to be worked on if he was going to survive here... Though he was not too sure that this was the kind of place he wanted to be in. Ares slowly pushed himself up using his arms and the bench as support, it seemed that his legs were back to functioning strength. He moved over to the same vendor that Eri purchased the meat from and ordered another four pounds of raw beef, from the vendor. The man looked amazed as he had watched Ares taking in four pounds of food already, not to mention he just shoveled it in without pause. After paying the vendor he wrapped up the meat and gave it to Ares. Ares sauntered slowly out of the area, only stopping at a nearby fountain to rinse the blood from his face and hands. He had decided he would not look for employment today.. He would go to baroque bay and relax. Ares had a strange feeling that this would not be the last he would see of Eri, "busy guy that one" he said as he decided to put his mind on the rest of his day to come.
Paul Ares
Player

Words: 16759
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2011, 7:29 am
Race: Mixed blood

Postby Archelon on January 8th, 2012, 12:05 pm

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Paul :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Flux 2
intimidation1
Observation1
Persuasion1
Unarmed Combat2

Lores:
Eridanus(basic)

Ledger Notes: -20 gold mizas.(thrown away)

///Note to player: Skills////

Starting package rule:
wiki wrote:A new PC can only have a minimum of 5 points or a maximum of 30 points in any one skill

You have ... " 2 sp- Brawling"

Please change to better reflect the setup rules of the skill structure :)

Notes continued:
1. Kelvics are not tanks >.< changing forms takes a lot of energy.Your character should be starving witht hat many changes
2. Changing forms in public in a city known for enslaving or killing kelvics- bad idea
3. Changing form on the docks in the public eye.
4. If Ares ever goes back to the docks or the gangplank Expect reprisal and potential death by sailors or old legs' guards there X_x.

Eridanus :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Flux 2
Navigation1
Negotiation1
Persuasion1
Observation1
Running1
Auristics1

Lores:
Paul Ares(basic)
The Gangplank(basic)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
interesting thread.(any questions comments concerns- please feel free to pm me a nice pm) :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous