The citizens of Ravok come to signup for an expedition to the Suvan Sea

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Verilian on December 2nd, 2011, 1:25 am

Timestamp: 5th of Winter, 511 AV

Located outside the Center for Employment and Business Licensing was a small booth manned by a merchant of the Nitrozian family who went by the name of Simian Nitrozian. On a sign above the booth was a sign labeled, "The Suvan Expedition." The merchant himself didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about the job he had been assigned, but whenever a curious Ravokian did approach he spoke to them with an uppitty, almost jolly voice!

"Hello there! Step right up, step right up, I can surely see you are the adventurous sort, that you are. Well you are in luck! Sponsored by the Nitrozian family, the Black Sun, and various merchants including Malfazar of Malfazar's Beer Hut, Hu More of Jester's Corner, Yae Varone, and many more, the brave, industrious, and adventurous citizens of Ravok are called for an expedition to the coast of the Suvan Sea! We need laborers, builders, guards, guides, hunters, and a number of other things. to help build and establish the Suvan Trade Post! You'll be paid handsomely, and be doing your city a favor. Sign up now while you still can!"

His words were rehearsed, and he always greeted new people the same way, but if anyone had any questions he was more than happy to answer them. The faster he could get everyone signed up, the faster he could go back home as far as Simian was concerned. There were indeed a number of positions that needed to be filled, but they were filling up fast. To sign up all one had to do was fill their name in next to the position they wanted to fill and answer a few questions to make sure they were qualified, then they would be contacted later when it was time to go. The expedition would be heading out on the fifteenth and was estimated to be gone for at least forty days.

Positions Available

Laborer - 10gm/day - Vivus
Laborer - 10gm/day Gallo Duplais
Laborer - 10gm/day Horst Haestad
Engineer - 20gm/day
Architect - 20gm/day - Chreinn
Guard - 15gm/day - Clyde Sullins
Guard - 15gm/day
Hunter - 15gm/day
Wilderness Guide 15gm/day
Medic - 20gm/day - Elianos

OOC: It's first come first serve, though you must be qualified for the job you apply for. Laborers only need working hands and feet to qualify, but the other positions require a little skill. Also, those of you who I have talked to about doing the Crucible cannot sign up. You will be out of town during this time period. The signup will end in 15 Days.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on December 2nd, 2011, 5:20 pm

Clyde was simply minding his own business, walking from one place to another. As usual, Clyde had gotten a bit turned about. He had been in Ravok for a while, and still occasionally got lost. He was on his way to the Institute, when he ended up some were else entirely. But Ravok was not really a good place to ask for directions, so he usually just figured things out on his own.

He was however distracted by a booth set up in a place which was not the market. In fact, he had never seen a booth anywhere near there... Usually he would imagine the Ebonstryfe would swoop in if someone were to try... Which either meant they had approval from them, or someone of power in Ravok, someone with a good bit of weight to throw around.

Listening to the mans spiel, he was not surprised that it was run by someone of influence, no less than one of the infamous families of Ravok! A merchant family, which he had actually had several dealings with in regards to some magecrafted items... Who knew, the man here might have even heard of him in a good regard by the items he had helped create, since he had used the family as a middleman to sell it to someone else at a profit for both parties.

"Hello, yes I am interested in this expedition... From the jobs offered, the only one I might qualify for would be a guard. Now don't take me at first glance. For I would not be offering my skill in arms, as the average guards would, but that of magic. I am skilled in many types of magic, both ones that could be used offensively and defensively."

"I am an expertly skilled reimancer, their is little in the wild that could stand up to my skills. I am also skilled in glyphing, and could also make several scrolls which anyone could use, and could be used in defense of an assault. I also have a small bit of skill in auristics and shielding, which would be helpful as you might know. So with all of this at my disposal, would you say I am qualified as a guard for this expedition?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Chreinn on December 6th, 2011, 1:29 am

With dark shadows under his eyes, Chreinn, stopped at the little make shift sign up station. The person seemed overly happy about his job, or maybe it was just he wanted to be happy to get more people to sign up? It did not matter in the end as he let the man talk his little speech before he spoke at last in a soft tone manner voice.

"I am a Architect for the city. I would like to offer my serivce to your project. I have a few requests and questions. Will any service be given that is extra? Such as food or bed or will that depend on the person and taken out of the profits? Are any extra profit given at the end of the job? What type of architect work will be used? Who is funding the project and what is the end goal of the project other then the face vaule? Will work be needed afterwards from me or will that be taken care of by someone else at a later point in time? Will I be able to use this project under my name at a later point in time as a credit? Will the attende need to bring any extra gear? Any sort of danger that a person should know about? Also why are the payments so much more compared to normal day to day field?"

The questions just kept coming however the questions were more thought out then just mindlessly signing up. Yet as he did ask the questions he signed his name as he pulled out his citizen information in case that would be needed to show proof.
Chreinn
Player

Words: 3348
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 6:20 am
Character sheet

Postby Vivus on December 6th, 2011, 6:26 am

Vivus had been to the CEB before, usually looking for any work that the more refined folk of Ravok might overlook, such as rat catching, hunting, general labor, construction. Anything that his vigorous frame and burgeoning skillset could manage. He had made his way there on this day in order to find some work that might last him through the winter. While he was accustomed to hunkering down over the frigid, brutal winters with lake snow and biting winds, this season he had an interest in staying busy and spending more time in taverns than tents.

On his way into the the building, he noticed men milling about a booth outside the imposing structure. Standing on the periphery, he listened to the man give his rehearsed speech. It was as if Rhysol's provisions extended outside of His city. He knew he had the skills to prosper on this expedition, he needed the money, and there would surely be fires and shelter rather than his own teeth chattering in his tent at the lake outpost.

He waited until the others had moved on and then walked up to the man in question. When he approached, the businessman seemed to take in a large lungful of air in order to give his speech. Vivus merely raised a hand in protest. "I heard ya. I am Vivus, I am from the Outpost. I can do a variety of work. The labor is no problem and I have some skill in tracking and trapping. I'll be at the Outpost when the expedition is ready to depart. Everything comes through there anyway. " Making his mark, he could tell the man before him expected him to break his back doing the things others wouldn't.

As far as Vivus knew, that was how you got paid in this world.
Vivus
It's a dirty job. It's MY job.

Words: 6084
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 12:11 pm
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on December 6th, 2011, 5:03 pm

After Clyde signed up the man stood and offered his hand to shake. "A pleasure to meet you, Mister Sullins. My name is Simian Nitrozian, representative for the family in this venture. You sound quite skilled, hopefully you won't need to use those skills, but welcome aboard anyway!" Clyde, as well as everyone who signed up, was handed a small envelope with an unfamiliar seal binding it shut. "Make sure to hold on to that, otherwise you won't get paid."

"Ah, master Chreinn," Simian started as the architect signed up, "We were told to expect-" Before the man could finish Chreinn launched his series of seemingly never ending questions, stopping the man mid-sentence. When the onslaught finally ended the Nitrozian seemed a bit ruffled, but quickly recovered. "Ah, I take it that you never received our letter. You and a few others were commissioned directly and everything you needed to know was in the letter, but I suppose I can answer your questions for the sake of everyone here. We will provide the basic amenities, trail rations, tents, bedrolls and the like, but anything else you want to bring you must provide for yourself. Yes, there will likely be danger, and that is why the pay is so high. Not only are we going to be traveling in the winter outside the protection of the city, we will be passing through territory patrolled by the Syliran Knights. For this reason, Ebonstryfe presence has been minimalized to ward off attack. Our goal right now is to get the outpost built and ready for operation. An Ebonstryfe contingent will be sent out later, after we are done, to man the outpost and see off our first shipment.

We are going to be masquerading as merchants from Nyka on our way to Karjin. In your envelopes are identification papers, you need only fill in your name. If you are asked questions, that's what you can tell them, but I will be doing most of the talking if we are stopped. And, that is about it. Any more questions?"

Simian looked at each of the three men, Clyde, Chreinn, and Vivus who had just arrived. "Oh, there is one other thing. If you are already employed, arrangements will be made so that you still have a job when you return. As this is a government sanctioned job, you cannot lose your current job because of it."
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on December 6th, 2011, 5:32 pm

OOC POST

Okay, so my timeline for this was actually way off. It's actually going to take a lot longer to get there an back. According to Gossamer it will take approximately 40-50 days to get there, then we'll be there for probably 15-20 days, then another 40-50 to get back. So... We're looking at returning some time between the 18th and 43rd of spring, but it also means you will be getting paid a lot more. So.. considering this new info, if you want to back out no hard feelings. It's going to be a long journey.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Vivus on December 6th, 2011, 8:15 pm

OOC

I'm in regardless. IC he wants to avoid another bitter lakeside winter, so count Vivus in all the way. This is a new character, I am also Lu Gavima of Lhavit.
Vivus
It's a dirty job. It's MY job.

Words: 6084
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 12:11 pm
Character sheet

Postby Chreinn on December 7th, 2011, 11:30 pm

A blush ran up along his neck up to his cheecks as he was told about the letter. Turth be told he was unsure if he ever did get any letters as he never asked at the building he was staying at and was just to clueless to even think anyone would send him anything.

"Sorry about the onslaught of questions then. I will make note to find the letter and to read over it carefully. I am ready whenever you wish to leave. Nyka merchant role seems to be a easy enough and I am sure you will be able to talk us out of any problem when it comes to it."

Chreinn said with a smile as he made up his mind to stay no matter how long it would take. Yet he really did want to find that letter beforehand to see if there were any plans he had to know about ahead of time. He also had to get a list of items made beforehand to have so he could do his job well enough.
Chreinn
Player

Words: 3348
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 6:20 am
Character sheet

Postby Elianos on December 14th, 2011, 7:47 pm

An expedition to the Suvan Sea. Interesting was what Elianos thought and there were things he wanted to see but never could because he was incapable of travelling alone. As much as he wanted to take the opportunity to join in this expedition, the positions announced were most of the physical kind and none suitable for him until he made the decision to go up and and ask about "any other positions besides the ones announced?" Elianos just waited until annoyingly jolly man reached the one he wanted and quickly confirmed "doctor." That one he can do at least even if he did not like to use his skills for treatment as much as others might like to think especially if they are going to end up on the receiving end.

That brought to other things he needed to know about the expedition because "you called out for guards? Any dangers that you might be expecting?" It was not for his own well being that he was concerned with since Elianos has more than outlived his time but "the nature of it will make a difference of what treatment we would expect but of course you have foreseen that and will prepare the necessary supplies." If he did get the job after whatever questions that would be asked, that is his only concern that he could think about since he hoped that "anything else that I should know about?" would be explained to him.
Currently trying to revamp his personality so that it would not be one of those overused angry rawr nuits...
Elianos
Any-body will do for now

Words: 28740
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2011, 6:22 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on December 15th, 2011, 8:39 pm

"As with any expedition, there will always be dangers. Wolves could attack, weather could turn sour, any number of things. The most notable, however, would be that we are going into Syliran territory with little protection other than a few guards. However, that in itself is our protection. Traveling with a contingent of Ebonstryfe would put us in more danger than on our own. So, we go in small numbers. Ebonstryfe will be arriving in waves throughout the venture once we arrive, so we will be protected during the constriction process, but guards are necessary for the actual journey."

Elianos was asked a series of questions related to his experience, and in the end he was allowed to join as a medic. He might not have been the most skilled, but he was the only doctor to come along thus far. He would have to do.

As the day went on other's signed up, and the booth remained open from dawn till dusk every day until the day of the journey. When it was finally time to depart, everybody was contacted and asked to meet at the Southern Trade Post. The Suvan Expedition was about to begin.

OOCThe in character signup is now closed, however if you would still like to join feel free to PM me. Signups will remain open throughout the duration of this quest until the roster has been filled.

Vivus

Lores: Signing up for the Suvan Expedition

Clyde Sullins

Chreinn

Elianos

You Question My Logic? :
No xp here, though if you feel you should get some send me a PM

Notes: It's gonna be a long run, but I promise to make it worth your while.

The next thread starts here
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook