[Flashback] That's So Hot

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A spot of blood on the desert, the dark keerdash trees leave in late spring with crimson foliage. Their ruddy shade is an occasional resting place for the Tatsuwaat tribe of Chaktawe.

Postby Colombina on March 21st, 2012, 1:35 am

"One may love even if they do not love all."

The mage bit her tongue, knowing this wasn't the time for a philosophical discussion of the composite nature of humanity. Eypharians' complexity of thought did not always serve them well. At the moment, it was meandering into dunes instead of searching for wells.

She would waste no more words. Each one was flicking another grain of sand in her captor's eye and prolonging her sisters' peril.

"You offered enough water to avoid death until the next source. If that is true for all of us. I will take your offer. Water first in my sisters' hands. They leave and I will stay to give you the antidote."

Time, it would buy them time should Jaeden's companions not share his promise. She would not bargain away her power only to see her sisters bludgeoned in the sand three days later.

OOCAnother post from you and I can wrap this dinosaur up and give you xp.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on March 28th, 2012, 7:03 pm

Jaeden looked into the woman’s eyes for a long moment before slowly standing up and looking to the others in the collective. He studied them for a moment, and wondered truly how many of them were thinking of survival overall ahead. Would they attack once they got the antidote, out of spite and revenge for what they had been put through up until now? Or would they follow his lead, and just want to make sure that they would live through this day in order to face the next?

Jaeden then lowered himself, once again crouching in front of Nebitra. “Very well.” Jaeden said calmly, looking into Nebitra’s eyes. “As a token of good faith, I’ll allow your sisters to go first, and they shall go unharmed. In order to do that, I’ll need your token of good faith in upholding your end of the bargain.”

Jaeden then raised his hands in front of her, hovering the strands that bound his wrists together. “If any of those you have forced into bonds attempt to attack your sisters in retribution as they leave, I will defend them.” Jaeden declared, stretching to binds a little. “In order to do that, however, I will need my hands freed, and for you to tell me where you’ve stashed my gear away.”

“Once they are safely away, you can reveal the location of the antidote for the poison, and you will be free to go after that with the same protection from me.” Jaeden then stated simple before raising one finger. “But, just so you know, I am a wilderness survivalist. Among just hunting, trapping, skill with a bow and sword, I’m also an experienced tracker, and no amount of wind that sweeps across these dunes of sand will hide the path you and your sisters take in order to evade me and those who survive in the event you’re not truthful in your end of the bargain.”

Jaeden then held out his wrists for the binds to be dispelled. “Do we have an understanding?” Jaeden then asked.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Colombina on April 11th, 2012, 6:56 am

Nebitra nodded slowly, understanding the breadth of the agreement.

"We do."

A glance to her sisters and they began to march after the others who had fled. As they left, they gingerly took skins of water from the laden camel. Anxious looks were cast back at Nebitra, but she nodded and prompted them onward in low Arumenic.

Nebitra then looked at Jaeden's hands, inwardly grieving for what the cords had cost her. No price was worth her sister's lives, though. Slowly, to show she meant no malice, she arranged four hands around Jaeden's bindings.

Her fingers moved in a pattern and she uttered a word in Arumenic. The bindings loosened and slipped to the ground, the product of both ingenuity and magic.

"Your things are amidst the bags on the camel with the white bridle. Likely near the top as a recent addition. Now, I wait for my sisters to achieve a safe distance."

The following chimes were sweltering, bearing more than the oppressive heat of the sun. Nebitra sat on the sand, her legs folded into a meditative pose. Her body was in stasis as the discontent of the others seeped into her pores. Hatred had weight, even if not articulated.

When enough time had passes, Nebitra slowly unfurled, assuming her full height. Fear was moving into her feet and resolution to her spine. There just might be a tomorrow.

She stopped to explain before two hands slipped into the elaborate inner pockets of her outer garment.

"I reach for the antidote."

Several bottles were withdrawn, fitted between her fingers. They were glass, corked and filled with a colored powders the texture of ground cinnamon. She shook them to test the density of the contents. Satisfied, she set the array on the sand between them. Evidently she believed in keeping her best weapons close at hand.

"In water. Half of each enough for them all if they only take one ration."

The bottles nestled in the sand might have been part of an elegant ruse where no poison existed, or a true cure. It didn't matter. The captives were being set free from all chains.

"I have paid my price. I ask you to render yours and let us continue in peace."

Nebitra nodded, and turned to leave. She took her own skin of water, before following the path her sisters had made in the sand's golden hide.

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Previous