[Flashback] That's So Hot

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A spot of blood on the desert, the dark keerdash trees leave in late spring with crimson foliage. Their ruddy shade is an occasional resting place for the Tatsuwaat tribe of Chaktawe.

Postby Jaeden Kincade on March 18th, 2010, 1:30 am

35th Day of Spring, 505 AV

A grumpy look crossed Jaeden's features as he dragged his feet through the sands. He had removed his leather armor bells, leaving it to hang over the back of his pack. He had also removed his shirt, using it, and a couple of kindling branches he had been carrying with him to create a makeshift shade that extended out over his head from the top of his pack. It didn't help entirely, however as his upper body was dripping with sweat and his skin had turned a darker shade of brown, progressing toward that eventual reddish color that would leave every one of his movements as an aching pain.

Jaeden slowly looked up past the edge of his shirt, still seeing the sun beating down at him from the top of the clear sky. "Arrgh!" Jaeden exhaled as he reached to the water skin at his side. "Are there never any clouds passing by during spring here?"

He slowly uncorked the skin, tipping it back over his opened mouth as a couple droplets of warm water dripped from it's tip to the center of his tongue. "Well, that figures," Jaeden said as he took a couple of dry swallows, slipping the skin back to his hook along his belt. "Never fails. I don't pay attention to where I'm going and next thing I know, I'm in the middle of a desert with no horse or other means of transport."

Jaeden then paused, realizing the complete absurdity of his own statement. "Why did I keep walking when after a bell I still saw nothing but desert?" Jaeden then grumbled. He then paused in his step as he spotted what almost looked like blood along the sands, but it was too far in distance, and such an appearance was only a trick to his eyes.

Curiously, Jaeden continued to carry him forward as the spot he had seen got larger and began to come into better view. Hope slowly filled him as what he saw more gradually came to look like a small patch of vegetation in the middle of the desert. Better yet as he came closer still, it looked to be filled with trees and other plants, tall enough to provide shade from the harsh element of the sun. "Oooooohhhhh, if this is just a mirage, I'm going to kick it's ass!" Jaeden said as he began moving his legs faster, planting his feet into as much of a run as the loose sand beneath his feet would allow.

Dehydrated and becoming sunburned, he eventually dropped to his knees at the edge of the grove, looking it over as though he would look over a sanctuary that offered aid while fleeing a group of sex starved cannibalistic women from Taloba. He then suddenly made a weird face as he pondered that situation. "Wait, would they bed me first, then eat me? Or the other way around?" Jaeden then slowly shook his head before giving himself a healthy slap. "Oh yeah, that's the thing to be focused on right now you moron."

Jaeden slowly rose to his feet and made his way into the grove, pushing aside the large leaves that barred his path. "Okay, I have shade. I need to search around for some water first thing," Jaeden then commented to himself as he began searching the area.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Re: [Flashback] That's So Hot

Postby Colombina on March 23rd, 2010, 6:34 am

Ah nature. The sand, the heat, the chapped lips, more sand, the poisonous fauna, the spiny flora, the sand discovering new crevices in the human body…

In Eyktol, nature was an abusive spouse. She'd knock you around, make you cry, ruin your stuff and just when you think you had enough to finally say its over, she would do something really beautiful and touching. And like an idiot, you'd be back in her arms. Those races that remained in Eyktol, were those who had become very clever at hiding from or dodging nature's foul moods.

Jaeden had been on the bad end of nature for the past couple days. It started well and good. He had some company, a guide, a horse, and lots of water. His initial courtship with the desert was a mysterious and lovely affair. She showed him wonders in her vast quiet arms, he made the requisite "oohs" and "aahhs". He wondered why he had never appreciated the desert's beautiful silhouettes before, or enjoyed her stark majesty.

Then things started to get a little rocky. Jaeden took this for the usual difficulties in a burgeoning relationship. The days got longer, the water got lower, but he still had guides and a noble steed. This vague unease soon became a full blown suspicion when the horse dropped dead from some creepy reptile's bite. His guides were vague on the species, but made what might have been bad omens or amateurish interpretive dance when Jaeden mentioned it.

Suspicion melded into outright dislike when his guides died from eating said poisoned horse. Nature was up to something, and it wasn't good.

Now, slightly pink, incredibly tired and infected with very forward sand, our somewhat intrepid Jaeden has stumbled into the Keerdash grove. The grove is sustained by powers beyond the spiring that bubbles at its center. The gurgling trickle of water from between a strange cluster of white stones was nowhere near enough to nourish a grove, but travelers weren't going to get demanding on the details.

As Jaeden lapped water from the spring, he heard the bewitching chime of coins or bells. Only three things made tinkling sounds: horses, women and moneybags. All good and wonderful things.

Approaching him from behind, was a young Eypharian woman, perhaps around twenty. She was veiled and clad in persimmon and a velvety green that matched her kohl-lined eyes. Tiny bells twinkled from the hems of her robe and her waist was clasped with a belt of bronze coins. In typical Eypharian style, her four arms were adorned with bracelets and gold was threaded through her long black hair.

Drawing her diaphanous veil aside, she revealed an uncommonly pretty face. Nothing worth slaying a herd of Tsanas over, but certainly easy on the eyes. She raised a water-skin in her left hand as she purred in common:

"May I water myself here?"
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on March 23rd, 2010, 7:09 am

Jaeden slowly grabbed handfuls of water and splashed him along his face and shoulders as the beads of liquid streaked down his back and chest and dripped from the tip of his nose. It was hot, so much hotter than it was in the forest during the summer as the sun hovered directly over the center of the sky.

A slow exhale was given as he rested along his hands and knees, trying to cool himself off for the moment. The water along his skin was already evaporating due to the heat of the climate and the heat that radiated off of Jaeden's own skin. He slowly looked up to the slow trick of water over the white stones, giving it a slow smile as he muttered under his breath, "You are such a beautiful creature to me right now."

Jaeden's ears then twitched at the sounds of clinks that rattled behind him. A quick sniff to the air revealed nothing than the scent of desert flowers blooming in the grove. Whatever or whoever it was, was upwind of him. He slowly stood up, his hand slowly reaching to give the back of his neck a slow rub as he slowly turned around. His eyes then got that slow twinkle in them as he saw the figure of the woman standing there. Robes covered her body, but Jaeden caught a glimpse of her figure as the wind shifted, blowing those robes lightly along her side. His gaze continued to search around her frame, noticing the shine of her golden belt and then fixating on four arms, counting them at least three different times to be sure the desert heat wasn't playing tricks on his mind.

His gaze then fell to her eyes, those piercing green eyes that stared back into his as she slowly raised one of her hands to grasp the veil that covered her features. The face behind the veil matched the allure of the woman's entire persona as Jaeden's mind finally went into fantasy mode, as it usually did, imagining all four of those arms wrapped around him, caressing his back. "Whoa," Jaeden said as he gave a couple of quick blinks.

He then slowly looked down to the trickle of water as she inquired about refilling her skin. Jaeden slowly stepped to the side, motioning towards it as he managed his best smile with dried lips. "Of course, I lay no personal claim to it my desert blossom," Jaeden said with a flirtatious tone in his voice before he looked down to the white stones and trickling water.

"Jaeden Kincade," Jaeden then said, looking back to the woman and giving introduction.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Colombina on March 27th, 2010, 6:12 pm

At first the woman raised her eyebrow at Jaeden, but she had a gracious sense of humor.
"Desert blossom? Not the first foreigner to call me that."

She knelt by the small pool the trickling water made and removed her veils. Her dark hair was pulled aside over one shoulder as she splashed water on the back of her neck and on her decolletage. She shut her eyes for a moment, relishing the sweet coolness.

"But I don't mind."
Her green eyes opened, their sudden brightness startling.
"There are worse things to be called and worse men to call me them."

As she began to fill her water skin, she added, "I am Seshafi, Jaeden Kincade."
Despite her extra limbs, she stood elegantly, like flower lifting its head to the sun.
"I am here with my sisters and brother. They are sitting in the shade near here."

She was distracted as she rearranged her veils, not quite looking at Jaeden when she spoke to him.
"Come sit with us and eat."
Her tone shifted into a firm warning, "But should you try anything, we will have no mercy. In Eyktol there is no space for it."
Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jaeden Kincade on March 27th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Jaeden ran his hand over his head, giving casually observing Seshafi as she refilled her waterskin and gradually cooled herself off. There was a delicate grace in her movements, like a slow wind flowing. No energy wasted even in the simplest of tasks. It was a wise practice in a place where the climate alone beat down those who didn't conserve themselves. Jaeden himself would have perished had he not found the grove.

"The pleasure is all mine Seshafi," Jaeden replied as he finally pulled his shirt free from his pack, slipping it on. "I'll work on a more original playful moniker for you, the heat and exhaustion slow my wit somewhat."

With his waterskin full, Jaeden then bent over to the trickle of water along the white stones once again, drinking down handfuls of water until he felt he could drink no more, wanting to be as hydrated as possible before any further travel through the desert would done. He then gave a smile and gracious nod at her invitation to join the others she traveled with before releasing a sigh at her warning. "Seshafi, I've been traveling alone through the open sands for the past two days," Jaeden informed almost feeling a little exhausted again at the recollection. "Even if I were planning anything, I simply wouldn't have the energy to execute it. Besides, while anyone inexperienced can easily become lost here, only a complete fool would throw away a chance encounter such as meeting you and your kin. Please, lead the way."

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Colombina on April 2nd, 2010, 5:50 am

Seshafi almost smiled as Jaeden spoke of the honor of meeting her kin, but her guardedness kept her from exuberance. Eypharians were a proud people and were most gracious to those who respected their perceived position of honor.

"Then meet them you shall, Jaeden."
One of her hands reached for his, leading him by the wrist. Their extra limbs made such gestures more casual than in other cultures. They still had arms to spare should a reason to strike arise.
"We have Eypharian beer and tents. After you sit a moment, you can help us hoist another tent, as you will see, we are short on men."
These bits of news were likely sweet dulcimers to Jaeden's ears. Beer? Not enough men?

The Eypharian led him nimbly through the grove to a wider enclosure. The shade was ruddier diffused through the bright leaves of the keerdash trees.

In the enclosure three more Eypharian women were trying to raise another tent while a person of uncertain sex was hammering pegs. One light orange tent was assembled beside them. The others were similar in appearance to Seshafi, wearing clothes that varied in modesty and color. Between them, belled Seshafi was the prude.

The most dressed figure was the one hammering pegs into the ground. The figure's face was covered by scarves and it had short hair peeking out from a head covering. It was black with a tint of red from henna. By the look of the Eypharian's boots and the cut of its pants, it appeared to be a young man. He stood from his hammering and warily watched Jaeden.

HIs voice was muffled by the scarf he used to protect himself from rising dust.
"Who is this Sehsafi? You bring foreign men back here?"
He stood, showing a long and trim body. He wore his layered clothes in a way that implied breadth of chest and shoulders where there was little. The khopesh on his back looked well-loved though.

Seshafi waved her hand and answered brusquely in Arumenic. The pair went back and forth abruptly. At the conversation's end, the youth's hands were fists, but he stomped back to his task with the pegs.

Apparently Seshafi had won.
"Don't mind Nebit. Especially when my tired sisters look happy to see you."

The other three were looking at him curiously, the smallest was the only one that looked outright pleased.
"Thank Syna," she announced tiredly, "He can do some of this, yes?"

Seshafi shrugged, "Maybe, fetch him a cup of beer though. It will make him more inclined."
The other nodded and vanished into the light orange tent.

"This is Jaedan, sisters."

They were still watching him with caution even as the girl returned with a silver cup of beer. At the bottom of the cup, it looked like barley was still settling.

"Drink," the youngest commanded with a smile.
Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 3rd, 2010, 12:23 am

“Well, if you insist,” Jaeden said, graciously accepting the cup with a nod and smile. He then waved the glass under his nose for a bit before bringing the rim to his lips. Tipping the cup back along with his head, Jaeden to full, long gulps, downing the beer in one go before a slow exhale was taken. A slow lick of his lips was then taken before he dragged his wrist across his lips.

“Thank you.” Jaeden then said, handing the now empty cup back to the female as he looked over the two other women. “Now, before introductions, I feel I should first at least make sure I’m not just a free loader around here and help out a little. After all, the sooner the work is done, the more time we all have left over for introductions and further conversation.”

Jaeden let his pack slowly slide off his shoulders and down his arms. It landed along the ground with a slight thud before, indicating that it held a decent amount of weight. He then stepped over to the unfinished tent being raised. Stepping beside Nebit, he slowly grasped the poles of the tent and began sliding them into place, generally along sleeves found in along the tent’s surface. The set up for the tent was mildly different than his own, but not difficult in the long run. “Nebit, was it?” Jaeden said looking down to the young man. “Let me know when you’re ready to tether the lines to the pegs, if I’m not overstepping my bounds here with you that is?”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Colombina on April 9th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Nebit looked up from his work at Jaeden and made a huffing sound. Nebulous as it was, that was the youth's answer to the foreigner's gentlemanly behavior.

Jaden was left to his own devices. The work wasn't difficult, but gods he was sweating like mad. His body began to feel like it was wrapped in layers of fleece and his mouth was stuffed with the same. Just when he began to wonder if this was abnormal, his body took conscious control away from him.

One step, two step, three step, floor, Jaeden was down for the count. As his eyes began to darken he saw Seshafi over him, watery as a mirage and looking quite pleased with herself.

"Sweet Syna, Foysha, you are a fat one."

Jaeden was on his back, sand rubbing his skin raw. The two youngest girls were dragging him by his shackled feet across the border of the grove.
The tiniest one was scrunching her nose at him.

"They must feed you goat gristle up north."

Jaden's wrists were wrapped together in what looked like red string, but when he tugged at it, it not only grew tighter but the pressure activated a scalding pan.
His grimace of displeasure made the girl smile.

"Cunning are they not? Nebitra charmed those."

The girls dropped his shackled feet and stepped away, revealing a cluster of camels and a chain of unhappy slaves, mostly men. All were connected to another by red and white string.
A few looked at Jaeden and shook their heads. What a moron, they seemed to intone. A cup of beer and some cleavage and he was beat.

Nebit was packing up a camel, while seven other Eypharian women, including the first trio, watered the slaves. Jaeden had been left on his back, stuck like an overturned tortoise.

The youth tightened one last strap on the camel before striding over to Jaeden. Nebit removed his scarfs, betraying a sharp but certainly feminine face. "Nebitra" just seemed to favor short hair and clothes that made it easier to move when riding and slicing with her pretty khopesh.

"If you aren't ornery," she began, "We feed you. If you are, well, you feed the desert. Understood?"
Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 10th, 2010, 3:44 am

Jaeden’s eyes fluttered as the brightness of the sun overhead caused him to close them shut again. Turning his head he then opened his eyes to see sand dragging by him. It was a split second later that he realized the ground wasn’t moving, but that he was being dragged. His head twisted a little as a couple of muffled pops could be heard echoing from his neck. “I am SO not fat. You know how much work it takes to have a body like this?” Jaeden interjected to the comment made by the Eypharian, his mind still groggy from the drugged ale, “and I don’t know that I’ve ever had goat before. Maybe, but you don’t find them too often in the forest.”

He then raised his hands, the reality of his current situation setting in as he eyed the red strands binding his wrists. A slow tug sent a wave of pain coursing through his wrists and forearms. Looking up to the women as the giggled and commented on Jaeden’s binding, Jaeden just released a sigh in reply as his hands fell to his chest. “Did you ladies molest me while I was out, because it would really be disheartening to have slept through that.” Jaeden replied to them before his gaze lingered to the side slightly. “I can see up your robes by the way. Nice ass.”

Jaeden’s feet were then unceremoniously dropped along the sand as his free ride by that point was obviously over, the two Eypharian women now walking away without another word. “Aw, come on beautiful. Why the cold shoulder in such a hot place.” Jaeden called out to them as they began walking away.

Jaeden then slowly rose to his feet as his hands were raised to shield his eyes for a moment, gauging just how long he had been out for. He then turned his gaze, checking the drag trail in the sand and how the winds affected it before checking to see if the grove was still in sight. Finally, he looked over to the other men and few women also bound and forming a line. A slow sigh escaped his lips as his head lowered. “Why is it, with so few things in the desert to run into, I have to run into Slavers,” Jaeden muttered under his breath before seeing a few of the other captives shake their head with disappointed looks. “Yeah, your all still bound by the wrists too.”

Jaeden’s gaze then fell to Nebitra as she removed her veil, showing her face for the first time. His head tilted slightly, once again snapping into fantasy mode as she began speaking to him. A slow smirk then crossed his features. “Let’s head back to the tent and bedroll, and I’ll show you ornery.” Jaeden said playfully as he held up his wrists. “We already have the kinky going after all.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Colombina on April 10th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Jaeden's come-on, was answered by Nebitra propping her booted foot on his sternum.

"Charmed, I'm sure, but I only sleep with competent men."

The Eypahrian circled Jaeden swishing a leather crop that appeared from nowhere.
"And you wouldn't be worth teaching."

She crouched near his head, pushing him to his feet with her multiple arms. When he was standing, she swatted his bare back with the crop. Spurring him to walk on his own.
The implement that had once seemed rather alluring now just stung like wasps.

"I can do this all day, but my sisters get impatient, so tut tut."

Betraying her hurry, one women was carrying a chain's end toward Jaeden. It was still attached to five others who were stumbling behind her.
"Nebit, we have a market to make. Don't play with the dogs."

Nebitra looked disappointed as her sister knelt to affix Jaeden's feet to the chain. The shimmering sound of drawn metal and a cold point pricked his back. Nebitra was holding her khopesh's tip to his kidney. She made no verbal threat, assuming Jaeden was sharp enough to assess the situation.

The slaves on Jaeden's chain were mostly humans: a green-eyed Benshira girl with sand matted hair, a toothless old Drykas man, a scholastic looking boy from Syliras, and a pair of fraternal twins; a brother and sister with hair cropped to their ears.

It was the blonde sister who showed any liveliness. The rest seemed beaten into submission, proven by the welts on their body.

"Ooooweee! Don't you feel stupid? I felt pretty dumb myself, but at least we put up a fight. Two on eight." She seemed proud of this despite their obvious loss.

"The spiteful sisters say Sesha just batted her eyes and you were all in. You must not know a damn thing about Eyktol. Nobody shares shyke here, save maybe Benshira."

Nobody paid her any regard but she kept talking, even as Jaeden was being connected to them.
"I am glad you're here though. Last fool in this chain smelt to the stars. I swear when he died and we were just pulling a body for miles, the stench was better. Aromatic even."
Getting to Know Me

Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Next