[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Any and all Zeltiva related questions can be asked here, with answers given promptly.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Paragon on January 28th, 2012, 11:16 pm

PLEASE READ: A lot of people have asked Zeltiva related questions via PM. I figured I'd make a thread where you can openly ask anything you need/want to know, and I can post public answers to aid everyone. That way I don't get duplicate questions.

All I ask, is that you help yourself first. The Player's Guide and Student Player's Guide have a lot of information in them. Zeltiva's linkmap may answer some locational based questions. The Zeltivan lore has lots of information too - and I'm trying to update this frequently at the moment. Your answer could very well be right under your nose! If you ask me a question which has an obvious answer on one of those pages, don't expect an overly friendly response.

However, there are questions that there are no published answers for - so ask away!

Paragon

EDIT:

Zeltiva is always growing and expanding, and so to is the accessibility of information! We have condensed all the information you could possibly want into one place! Meaning of life and all!

Player's Guide; Linkmap & NPCs all in one!

Echelon
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Q & A] Zeltiva's Query Desk

Postby Warden Thrice on January 29th, 2012, 4:50 am

I've been wondering about the University courses, and the resulting skills. Are skills awarded thread-by-thread, meaning that you get XP depending on how many threads you do where you take the classes? Or is it more like an income, where you do a couple threads and then get a certain amount of XP at the end of term?
Warden Thrice
Player

Words: 85661
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eridanus on January 29th, 2012, 4:58 am

Eorar Nevenon wrote:I've been wondering about the University courses, and the resulting skills. Are skills awarded thread-by-thread, meaning that you get XP depending on how many threads you do where you take the classes? Or is it more like an income, where you do a couple threads and then get a certain amount of XP at the end of term?

This is more of a suggestion really, but I was also thinking hard about it. I was thinking of a little of both, like a sort of 'job thread', where you have to do X number of threads to fulfill your 'course credits', then maybe at the end of each season there's a final exam or something... I'm ranting but I hope the general idea is there. Paragon what do you think?
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Paragon on January 29th, 2012, 9:34 am

Currently, you get a small amount of xp per thread, then season xp at the end of the course. I'm going to try and develop some proper course rules, as it's all a bit vague at the moment. I like your idea Eridanus.

Watch this space.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Eridanus on January 31st, 2012, 4:27 pm

does the Uni seasonal XP only work for present times? (IE flashbacks get none?)
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on January 31st, 2012, 5:18 pm

Yes, afraid so. Obviously you still get the XP from gradings though.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Warden Thrice on January 31st, 2012, 6:19 pm

Do you have to do two class threads per class you're taking, or two threads total?

Also, I'm a bit confused on the cost. Trente's taking three classes and it cost him 25 including room and board, but I was under the impression that it cost 20 mizas per class. I'm not sure if I'm wrong about this, though.
Warden Thrice
Player

Words: 85661
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on January 31st, 2012, 7:17 pm

Ok, so... generally I'd like to see two classes from the course. If you're taking more than two subjects, I'd like to see at least a class of each :)

As for the money, good point to raise! I'm going to clear this up with Colombina, and I'll get back to you with a conclusive answer ASAP.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Eridanus on February 3rd, 2012, 2:27 am

So from your player's handbook, let me clarify requirements for Seasonal XP:

1) Either 2 course threads, or 1 thread per course, depending which is more. Meaning if I take 1 or 2 courses, I can choose to either do 2 Course A threads, 2 Course B threads, or 1 Course A and 1 Course B threads. If I take 3 courses or more, I'll have to do at least one thread per course per season. Am I right in saying this?
2) Stuff relating to Uni life but not including course threads.

Now for more questions/suggestions:

1) I'd suggest changing the name from Seasonal XP to differentiate it from the Mizahar-wide seasonal XP from jobs since the requirements are slightly different. Maybe call it Course XP or something... up to you.

2) What XP is this university seasonal XP awarding? XP for each course? How would it be decided? How much to give to each course? More transparency and guidelines in this area will help players to decide what kind of student they're going to be (just like in real life xD cram one subject to get an A+, or do moderately well on all? xD)

3) What about jobs? Do we qualify for seasonal XP from jobs as well? To clarify, what are the job seasonal wage/xp requirements for Zeltiva... 2 job threads a season as well?

4) Graduation requirements, in other words, the fabled Certificate of Completion mentioned in the lore. Elaboration on what it is, its effect (buffing up the curriculum vitae/resume?), its recognition (only Zeltiva U? Or other institutions/places/companies recognize it too?), accreditation with regards to other educational institutes? Any 'exchange programs' with other schools elsewhere?

5) Suggestions for Certificate of Completion for a course:
a) x number of course threads
b) x number of seasons
c) x number of projects?
d) At least 51 XP in skill
e) A 'final exam/project' that must be modded when the above 4 is met?

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on February 3rd, 2012, 10:47 am

You're correct regarding Uni XP :)

We'll keep it as seasonal XP for now, since 'student' is almost like a job, and everyone across MIza has different requirements for it anyway, so I don't think it makes a difference.

Seasonal XP is skills either directly or indirectly related to the course. Usually both. Essentially, it's up to the Storyteller's discretion once they've seen the threads. You'll get more rewards for showing general University life and hard work through all of your threads, not just the class based ones.

Jobs qualify for Seasonal WAGES rather than XP. Students get seasonal XP because they're paying out for their courses. Prior agreement with me, followed by 2 related job threads, generally qualifies you for seasonal wages :)

The certificate will come at a later date when I have more time, I promise.

Paragon
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Next