[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Any and all Zeltiva related questions can be asked here, with answers given promptly.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Paragon on June 29th, 2012, 10:28 am

Gosh, how did I forget again Monty XD I'll post it in a sec!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Paragon on June 29th, 2012, 11:09 am

@Pa'haite, those are absolutely wonderful. Eridanus and Echelon's advice looks good :)

And to everyone else, Montaine indeed did a write up for West and East street. Once I manage to find them (lol) I will post them up. They were awesome.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Nai'shee on June 29th, 2012, 11:33 am

About forgetting.. this is still lying around.

Also, glad Zeltiva is developing. If I come up with something good I'll contribute too! I would rather develop stories, books or myths, since they're generally rare on Miza.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Eridanus on June 30th, 2012, 11:11 am

@Paragon:

Just a short question on behalf of Team Syliras for the Region Quest.

How long do we have in Zeltiva before we move off again? I was hoping for a couple of days of RnR and resupply (since we did spend 35 days on the road Syliras->Zeltiva) and also so we can visit the various Zeltiva attractions (like our resident fortuneteller xD)
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Paragon on June 30th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Yup, several days, but exact dates and timescales will be up within the next few days :)
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Fiera on July 2nd, 2012, 1:05 pm

From the Wright Memorial Library;

There is a rumour of a ghost in the building. Students revising late into the night report a spectral presence, or figure drifting past them and into the book aisles. Nothing conclusive has been proven.

Does the ghost actually exist and, if it does, do I need permission to use it in a thread?
Live by what you trust, not by what you fear.
Fiera
the incredibly talented cat

Words: 70482
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2012, 10:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Paragon on July 2nd, 2012, 2:54 pm

You can self-mod strange goings-on and ghostly activity, but you can't witness the ghost in thread, because it is currently being explored within a moderated thread which will explain the ghost and its origins.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

[Zeltiva] Query Desk

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 7th, 2012, 2:43 pm

Okay here is my write up for the dress shop. Credit also goes to Montaine who came up with the location and proprietor.

Yvette’s Dresses For All Occasions!: Yvette Mercer, proprietor

A high end dress shop located on West Street. Yvette’s caters to Zeltiva's upper class, providing custom made dresses for ladies of distinction. Yvette prides herself on developing styles that are unique to Zeltivan fashion, and her wares are trend-setters among Zeltiva’s small but prestigious upper class. It is very common to see her designs gracing some of the wealthier professors at Zeltiva University, or the daughters of some of Zeltiva’s wealthier merchant sailors.

Upon entering the shop, patrons will see a wide selection of dresses, usually favoring softer colors such as blues, sea greens, and coral pinks. Shoppers on a budget can pick out something off the rack, but Yvette is a skilled seamstress who is always willing to either custom-fit a dress to a customer’s needs, or else design something from scratch for a special occasion.

The shop is kept meticulously clean, and Yvette is more than willing to steer less reputable patrons to take their business to a lesser quality establishment. However, when she meets a patron of any high social standing, she is willing to cater to their every need, with the hope that they will be sure to mention they purchased their dress at Yvette’s.

NPCs
Yvette Mercer Image
Owner and Proprietor

Date of Birth: 2nd Day of Winter, 482 AV

Yvette is tall and thin, a thinness that could only have been achieved with the tightest of corsets. She is a snobbish social climber who will do almost anything if she thinks it will help her status in Zeltiva. She is a trendsetter in fashion, and knows it, and isn’t afraid to make sure everyone who enters her shop knows it. Her skills with the cloth go beyond just knowledge of sewing. She keeps her finger on the pulse of Zeltiva, always keeping herself a step ahead of social changes as they appear on the scene.

Skills:
Negotiation 35
Sewing 45
Persuasion 35
Politics 30

Natalie Carter Image
Store Clerk/Assistant Seamstress

Date of Birth: 22nd Day of Summer, 495 AV

Natalie is Yvette’s clerk and assistant, learning the trade and modeling her social views by the same strict standards as Yvette herself. She is still young and naive, however. Unlike Yvette, who knows that sometimes appearance and social standing aren’t the same thing, Natalie judges someone immediately by their appearance alone, and isn’t likely to change her opinion.

Skills:
Sewing 25
Politics 20
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes