An Exchange Between Believers (Andresciel)

[Temple of All Gods] An ethaefal returns to the place of universal worship after a few years to formally pay his respects to his god, meeting another follower who happens to be a Syliran mage-knight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Eridanus on February 20th, 2012, 2:44 am

The knight seemed to avoid his question, and Eridanus wondered if it was because the man knew as little as him and wanted to change the subject without looking foolish. Was it true that Yahal was elusive to His followers? Or was that a test of His as well to gauge the faithfulness of His devotees?

"But surely the knights have theology lessons on Yahal? I chanced upon one such lecture a few years ago in this very place; the teacher was discussing penitent scrolls and various imagery of Yahal. If it is not too much for me to ask, have you gone through these same educational sessions? It would be most excellent if you could share some of these gems of knowledge with me."
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Andresciel on February 21st, 2012, 5:04 am

The Knight chuckled nervously, "While I can not say that I have not been privy to the lessons, I was young, my friend. A squire to my Knight still in my youth." The Magus sighed as he looks up at the altar, speaking lowly, a quote that his master once told him, "As my master said, Yahal tests our faithfulness, our bond to him, by not telling us much. We all must believe by what he gives us. And obviously, he grants his gnosis to others, for we see it in the world."
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on February 22nd, 2012, 3:33 am

Was that what the knight believed? The vantha stared at the floor thoughtfully.

"What has He given you then, Ser Andresciel? Has He manifested to you? Created miracles? One must require some sort of proof, or evidence, before blindly placing faith right?"

Eridanus knew that should Yahal himself ask him to do anything he most likely would, for he knew that Yahal would not ask him to do 'bad' things. Even if it seemed to be so on the surface, on the grand scheme is was ultimately for good and he trusted in Yahal's judgement.

However, how was he to know that he had been placing his faith in the right things? He could have been disillusioned, or lying to himself. He did not really know.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Andresciel on February 26th, 2012, 6:15 pm

The Mage-Knight thinks for a moment, and with a sigh, he said "He gives me that which all mages seek, peace." He said softly. He shook his head, before speaking more, "And that brings me sanity, Eridanus." He said, his blue eyes closing. He said no more, his arms crossing before his chest.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on February 26th, 2012, 6:45 pm

The vantha watched as the knight volunteered a piece of personal information before crossing his arms and closing his eyes, seemingly deep in thought when he said no longer.

So this guy is one of the rare mage-knights that I've heard about, eh?

"I seek the very same thing from Him too. Reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. I've always sought to structure my morality by His ideals, but I have no idea if I'm even walking on the right path."

It was not a question, just a statement about himself as well, revealing his inner fears on faithfulness and religion.

Eridanus was not sure what else to do, and he felt it inappropriate to disturb the silent knight, and he turned his gaze to Yahal's altar once more, mentally asking the characteristic statue the same silent, unanswered question.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Andresciel on March 10th, 2012, 6:35 pm

"We do not always get such assurances, and sometimes must go on faith. This is one of those leaps of faith deals." the Mage Knight muttered as he pushed himself up, dusting his armor off as he turned to leave. His dark gaze moved to his friend, "I hope you find what you need to see in Yahal, brother. And May you keep your faith."
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on March 11th, 2012, 11:41 pm

"And may you keep yours too," Eridanus bid the mage-knight farewell. Even as the man left he continued looking at the altar thoughtfully, ruminating on the new thoughts that this discussion had provoked.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Emblem on March 16th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Eridanus
Skills
    Observation- 3 XP
    Meditation- 2 XP
Lores
    Wisdom From a Stranger
    Questioning Oneself
    Staying True to the Path
    Andresciel (acquaintance)
    Yahal- Complete

Andresciel
Skills
    Teaching- 3 XP
    Meditation- 2 XP
Lores
    Giving Advice
    Staying True to the Path

Comments :
Despite the short posts, I think the thread was actually very good. There wasn't too much to award skill-wise or lore-wise, but I think the characterization is what was important here. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous