A (Not So) Warm Welcome to Sunberth [Open]

Aeryna arrives in Sunberth only to receive a classic greeting.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Arcan_Windrunner on April 12th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Arcan stiffened as he felt the dagger press into the back of his neck and heard the strange man speak again, once again demanding the girl fight the thief. In Fratava to the female Svefra he said, "You don't have to do this you know I think I can take him."

He was going to continue but at that point the strange man pressed teh dagger more firmly into his neck, hard enough to draw blood and said, "If you are going to talk do it in a language I understand, ok?" Wincing Arcan nodded wishing he could stab the man in the stomach twisting the spear to ravage his organs and kill him. But he was in no position to do that so he contented himself with leaning forward and whispering to the thief so quite that only he could here, "If you hurt one single hair on her body, I will kill you slowly and painfully, understand that?" This time the thief nodded, sweating because all this was getting to much for him it was supposed to be a simple robbery!
Arcan_Windrunner
Player

Words: 4103
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 12:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra

Postby Wrenmae on April 17th, 2012, 6:03 am

Shroud drew blood from the back of the Svefra's neck, leaning in close to whisper in his ear. "The next sound I hear from you better be that weapon clattering to the ground," His voice was sweet, quiet, smooth...it was promising, not threatening. "And we're going to step out of public eye for a moment, so unless you want a blade where your spine used to be, I suggest you walk." He pushed Arcan deeper into the alley, the gloom swallowing both of them up, consuming them.

When he was content they were out of sight, Shroud reached forward with his mind, curdling the desperation in the thief, pulling at it, tugging and layering. He offered him a short flash, a vision of the Svefra girl weak and shaking, her sword held in front of her as a wavering ship prow, unsure, unskilled, untrained. It seemed to spur the man onward, who drew his blade and approached the Svefra woman step by careful step.

Shroud smiled, content with this development, sawing gently at the back of Arcan's neck, a reminder of where he stood, what he stood to lose. "Don't cry for her, hero," Shroud sighed, laying a languid hand on his shoulder, "Be content that her first lesson is against such an untrained opponent, more a viper than tiger. He can strike fast, but his claws are weak...if she overcomes him, she may just earn the right to be in Sunberth."

He pressed the dagger up against his neck again, slipping a finger underneath the wound, wetting it with his crimson blood, and licking it off the top of his finger, spitting at the taste. "You, however, failed your first trial..." Shroud drawled, "Heroes die in sunberth, they're an endangered breed, a rare sight, a fatal attraction...well, you understand." He chuckled, the feeling of holding another mans life in his hands intoxicating, rushing.

"Don't fret, I'm not going to kill you...just give you a front row seat to enjoy the show, nothing more, nothing less."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Archelon on September 28th, 2012, 4:15 am

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Wrenmae :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Rhetoric2
Persuasion2
Hypnotism2
Intimidation2
Long Dagger2
Observation1
Tactics1 Circling around a building to get the drop on another is good tactics.

Lores:
Holding a captive audience

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Interesting thread :) Any other questions, comments,or concerns please feel free to send me a nice pm.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous