Animal Rescue (Open to CE)

Lusa's been captured by slavers, but leaves a trail

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Lusa on March 14th, 2012, 1:47 am

7th of Spring, 512 AV

Crimson Edge Camp

Lusa watched in horror as Zandelia went down with the slaver's blow, screaming loudly as she was separated from her. She didn't have time to decide whether she would stay to help Zandelia or sprint away for help, since the scum swarmed her immediately, blocking any path of escape. She whipped her head around, eyes feverish and wild, desperate for an option, but seeing none. This was her worst nightmare, nowhere to run! She was nearly paralyzed with fear.

It wasn't until one of them grabbed her arms that the 'fight' portion of her fight or flight instinct kicked in. She began thrashing and spitting like the wild thing she was, kicking out with her powerful legs as she was lifted and restrained by several men. Most of her kicks hit only air, but one managed to catch a man in the mouth. She got a small amount of satisfaction at seeing him spit a bloody tooth out onto the ground; even if it earned her a harsh blow to the stomach, nearly making her vomit. She dropped her pack in the commotion; distantly she hoped that Zandelia or someone else from the camp would pick it up and not sell it. The only thing she managed to hold on to was her little bag of coffee beans, which she had snatched as it fell from the top of her pack.

She was cuffed a few more times for good measure, apparently, and then was hauled over a hard shoulder. Soon they noticed and took the coffee bean bag away from her.

But not before she had managed to stuff more than half of them in her mouth.

Last edited by Lusa on March 21st, 2012, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lusa
Player

Words: 31212
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Animal Rescue (Zandelia, Mok, Lessira, Wrenmae)

Postby Zandelia on March 20th, 2012, 11:17 pm

It was with a surge of gratitude flooding through her body that she grabbed Mok’s forearms with an iron grip, her gaze meeting his in silent thanks. She was distraught, more so than was needed in the grand scheme of things. She had little affiliation for Lusa, however her cause was now Zandelia’s cause too now, the past and present blurring into a region in between, a tangibility only within her own mind. She did not notice a few frantic tears begin to well within her single useful or, threatening to break loose and wreak havoc upon her fragile state of being. Still, she sighed heavily and allowed a few moments to centre herself before looking back towards the large warrior, sweeping eventually across the whole of the camp. She could feel her body aching, screaming at her to lie down and rest a while – but she could not allow herself to do that.

“Thank you Mok, I will owe you for this if we succeed,” she told him as she turned slowly and began the trudge back towards the ambush point she had come from, “Lusa is not a friend to me really, but I can’t live with her being taken by petching slavers!” she growled as she held her right hand to her ribs and attempted to ease the pain.

As they walked through the camp, not as fast as Zandelia would have liked but as quickly as she could manage at the current time, she noted there were newer faces amongst the ones she already knew of. It seemed that the Crimson Edge was growing faster than anyone had expected it to do, though in fairness there were still only a handful of ‘true’ members that would hold the line no matter what. All other challengers had not been tested as of yet, were un-bloodied and unknowing of their own resolve in many cases perhaps. No, she was happy to see more but also cautious as to their abilities and strength of commitment – she did not like half-doers and semi-shirkers.

We will see, I suppose, what they are made of. Perhaps even Lusa will be a good addition should she choose the life. All can contribute in some way she thought to herself as she led Mok to her location of previous injury.

As she led the ways she had little time to notice the fact that it was no longer merely Mok whom was following her. In the dwindling light of the fast dying evening two other shadows had joined now, both of them from the newer stocks. Zandelia merely slumped onwards, an uncomfortable gait, until she reached the area she had been forced into the mud. The imprint of her body was still preserved there, a monument to her dishevelment a small time ago now. Still, there was no sign of Lusa and the footfalls she could see numbered in the dozens and scores – far too many to reliably know which set they needed to follow. She slammed her palm into a nearby wall, just above Lusa’s discarded backpack, the impact causing more pain than stress relief.

“Bastards! Petching bastards!” she growled as her gaze went everywhere but to the pack for the moment, its solitary presence too disturbing to contemplate for her.

She finally turned to take in the full group and shook her head, running muddied fingers across her forehead in an attempt to provoke some striking thought of genius into her rat dropping of a life.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vuil on March 25th, 2012, 3:02 am

The dark haired woman had been enjoying the new heat that had come with the beginning of spring, laying in a patch of dying sunlight, as Zandelia and Mok had come trudging past her, opening a green eye lazily as they went. A curiosity formed in the back of her back, buzzing about in her brain. Standing, Vuil gave herself a long stretch, before following after the limping woman and the larger male. Whatever the two were doing, it seemed rather important.

It was a slow pace, seeing as Zandelia was injured, and Mok was providing support. It would be so much easier if they just left the woman here, give her time to heal, for she looked as though she needed it. But perhaps she was important to what they were doing? That must have been it. Once they had finally reached their destination, the confusion of the scene actually served to better clarify what had happened. There was fear scent mingled in with the sweat of men. Many men. The leopard scrunched up her nose in distaste.

That deer, whatever her name had been, had been here. Her scent was mingled in as well. But where was she now? Was that why they were out here? To look for the missing deer? There were too many scents of the men for her to follow, if that was their reason to being here, but the deer? She could follow that easily. The burst of anger from Zandelia made her flinch in surprise, bringing her back to reality. "Zandelia?" She ventured slightly closer, the curiosity evident in her voice.
Vuil
Player

Words: 34844
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 8:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wrenmae on March 25th, 2012, 10:54 pm

"New cargo means buzz among the slave districts," Shroud muttered, glancing down at the disturbance on the ground. He didn't dare touch it, not for any reverence to tracking, but simply because it meant nothing. He was no hound, no tracker, and trying to follow the trail of those already gone was pointless. "We should begin where she'll be, not where she was."

He bent to pick up her backpack, opening it and perusing its depths with limited interest, finally offering it to Zandelia. "Slavers take the weak and the unprepared, if you retrieve her, she'll need to be taught about Sunberth."

He looked back to Mok, noting with some discomfort the leopard in tow. Intelligent animals were an uncomfortable addition to the CE lately...and although he'd heard that some of them could take human shape, he had yet to see that kind of morphing...frankly was surprised they were so open about it in the wake of the storm.

"They will guard their prize, but if they know she had a companion they'll likely look to sell her quickly, avoid reprisal." He turned away from the sight, making his way down the path toward the Slave District.

"Shroud," he said at last, glancing back once to the party, "You can call me Shroud...Mok can vouch for my ability."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lusa on March 29th, 2012, 2:02 am

Lusa was miserable. Not surprising, considering the situation. Slung over a slaver's shoulder, her stomach ached every time he took a step, bouncing her up and down. She made herself as limp as possible, hoping to eliminate the painful bouncing, and to make the men think that she had passed out; maybe they would think she had fainted from all the stress.

Lusa had never been in such a bad spot; she had no idea what these people were going to do with her. She had never before experienced this sort of human cruelty, and had no concept of slavery; no idea that one sentient being could own another. So, she could only assume that these men were bringing her back to their home den to consume her. She wondered though, if she was to be eaten, why was she still alive? Maybe they preferred their prey to be killed directly before consumption?

Shaking her head in an attempt to rid herself of the thought of being eaten alive, she glanced around, making sure none of them were looking directly at her. She silently spat out another coffee bean. She had been spitting them out the whole time, hoping to leave a trail that Zandelia could follow, and she was nearly out now.

Wincing again as a particularly rough step sent a lance of pain through her bruised midsection, Lusa began to cry, hoping that this would not be the end of her.

Lusa
Player

Words: 31212
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mok on March 29th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Mok helped Zandelia walk towards the scene of the crime. She was badly hurt, but she was as tough as nails. That measly wound wouldn't put a dent in her. The wound needed attention, but she would be walking again in a few days sleep. The myrian wasn't helping her limp around because of pity. No it was pure Crimson love. She was Mok’s sister and peer. He would never leave her hanging. He would never ask questions, just help. It didn't matter if Zand was wrong or right. It didn't matter who stupid her request was. Mok blocked all these thoughts and emotions from his mind. Forget that!
Now was time to bring some pain.

The myrian reached into his pocket before heading out and produced his little trusty black box. Opening the tightly sealed container, Mok dipped his finger in the pulp resin and spread it on his gums.

His heart fell into his stomach. His vision flashed bright with. The numbing sensation spread from his face, down his neck, back, and arms. His body was feeling good. Mok was truly beginning to live his life high.

Turning to Zandelia, he handed her the box of pulp, "This will do you some good. Numbs the pain." He would let her decide whether or not to use it. Mok had no authority over her body. It was her life! She did what she damn well pleased and Mok respected that.

Slinging her arm over his shoulder, they set off from the camp. On the way out Mok spotted Wrenmae milling around and he gave him a curt nod. Shroud knew what was going on. He knew his presence was needed. He knew that shit was about to get bloody real fast. Mok loved it! He had been around since winter and has already proven himself to the myrian on several occasions. Mok trusted him. The myrian also knew that Shroud held the same level of trust in him. Loyal partners; Mok did not see him as an underling at all.

One of the kelvics was taking the rear guard about ten yards behind. The myrian had not met the leopard yet, but it was obviously loyal to someone in the Crimson Edge or at least friendly. Mok always gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, even kelvics. Even though Mok had a progressive mind stance on the issue, it was still difficult for him to be trailed so closely by a petching leopard!

Reaching the scene of the crime, they all stopped and took a break. Mok insisted that Zandelia sit down. The myrian quickly strode over to the abandoned back pack and brought it back to Zandelia.

The myrian waited for a moment in thought and finally said his piece after Wrenmae said his, "Wait brother don't go, hear me out first, look here!"

Mok pointed at Zandelia then knelt down beside her, "Her wound is more serious that it looks. We got to take care of it first. There is no way we will be able to buy out the kelvic either. I don’t have that much Mizah on me right now AND we ain't paying shit. We need to get back what we want the original way, you feel me? First we got to deal with Zandelia. We need to split up. I say that Wrenmae you take Zandelia to the doctors, pay for her stiches in full right away so he doesn’t try anything funny, then meet me at the docks as soon as possible. What say you two?"

The myrian was feeling uneasy about the kelvic, he didn't ignore him, but he had no words for it. He didn't have time to explain anything to it. All he knew was that the leopard could probably fight...or be a decoy...anyways he would worry about him later.

Red = Myrian
Bold = Common
"If you want some, get some, bad enough, take some,
But watch the sword by my side,
Because it represents me and the motherpetching east side"
-one of Mok's mottos
Mok
The Sunberthian Gangster

Words: 149901
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Lyalya on March 29th, 2012, 10:38 pm

Lyalya had listened, following quietly Zandelia and her entourage. Lusa taken by slavers? It outraged her, who were they to mess with the Crimson Edge! Justice needed to be served. Finally deciding the time was right, Lyalya emerged from the shadows and approached them. Her hair was braided and the leather pants she wore would be more suited to the rescue than one of her silly dresses.

To be honest, she did not have much history with slave traders. Her mother and sister were victims of awful things but they were weak and had let it happen. But a woman who had no desire to be taken, had fought it, did not deserve such a fate. Lyalya would do what she needed to help save the girl.

"Do we know who took her? Whose base is in that direction?" Lyalya pointed in the opposite direction of the heart of the camp. You could see where they had headed, the limps and brush was noticeably demolished. "Personally, I think we need to leave as soon as possible. Slave traders sometimes have orders they can't yet fill, so any new meat they capture is sent out immediately. If that happens it would be pretty much impossible to find her.

Lyalya spit out the information she had heard around, hoping it would motivate them to act quickly. "That girl does need stitches, she shouldn't come." She smiled sympathetically at the girl. It would do no good to have her die on the rescue mission.

The young blonde woman walked a few yards into the trees, going as far as she could trace them. She looked around, in front of her everything looked the same. Tree after tree after tree. She was no use when it came to tracking. Looking down she saw something of interest. Gently, she picked the bag of coffee beans off the ground and brought it back to the group, tossing it next to the back pack. "Is that any help?"
Lyalya
Player

Words: 22840
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Zandelia on March 31st, 2012, 10:50 pm

Zandelia listened to the dialogue between the others, far more than she had initially expected would actually follow her and Mok on this half-thought through rescue mission. It grated against her, to be thought of as useless, in essence, to that which she had rallied people towards. Lusa was what she really wanted to see, safe and unharmed in the myriad of ways that Zandelia had never been rescued from. She had been where Lusa was getting dragged into, through the murky depths and depravity. The only reason she was alive now had been that bloody day of carnage. She had fought herself free, costing her half her sight in the process. Lusa however, she would not be strong enough Zandelia suspected, not for many years yet. Zandelia merely rapped the back of her head into the wall behind her, just enough to focus the pain into the new area and away from the others.

But they are right, which is more annoying that the rest of it. Lusa, you will not be failed as I was. I send you guardians in my place she thought as she closed her eyes and thought for a few moments, interrupted by the sound of a cocky attitude and a bag of coffee beans hitting the floor next to her.

Half a bag…

“Half a bag of coffee beans, and you saw no pile of them?” she mused aloud for a few seconds, “then the wily girl might be trying to leave you a trail. Faint, and fleeting, but something to look for nonetheless. Try and follow it” she spoke out, looking at them all in between pained breathing.

“They will not seek to give her a quick sale, not if she is what I suspect she is. She is worth more to them as a solid sale, considering she is probably a Kelvic. They will take her somewhere to force her to morph, to put her in chains. You have some time before she is sold, at least” she continued.

But where would they go? Somewhere non-obvious I think judging from their opportunism. Not the markets, but probably secluded. Relatively close to the markets though, need to sell her afterwards… she thought it through methodically, conjuring the city of Sunberth’s layout in her mind’s eye as she did so, she knew it all too well indeed.

“I suspect they are making their way to the districts north of the slave markets, somewhere near there at least. It’s a rabbit warren to lay low from reprisal whilst finding a worthy buyer. Close enough to sell her quickly when they have her. It’s the best shot I can think of right now,” she finished as she sighed and nodded her head forwards, “you all go, I’ll get myself sorted out”

“And you all had better work for Mok like your life depends on it, because if you don’t I’ll personally skin you and rub salt on you before you bleed to death. Mok, look after then eh?,” she stated as she grabbed the pack, stuffing the bag of beans inside, and letting Shroud pull her up, “oh, and keep one of them alive if you can. I want some fun” she finished as she finally got to her feet once more.

“Come on then Shroud, let’s go and get me some doctoring”

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vuil on April 1st, 2012, 3:17 am

Ah, so this was about the poor girl. So she had been taken by all the men who had spread their scent all around here? They must have been the one's that hurt Zandelia as well, seeing as she seemed to hold a lot of resentment to these men. The leopardess listened quietly as the people around her spoke of the urgency of finding the men who had taken the deer, frowning lightly. "If its so important that we find her quickly, we should be moving now." She spoke, tapping her feet impatiently.

A bag of coffee beans was found by the blonde woman, identified by Zandelia as a potential trail. "Well, then this makes it easier." she mumbled. A few sniffs, and she caught the bitter scent of coffee. Warm, rich, dark. The smell would have been stronger had the beans been powdered, but still left a strong scent with which to follow. The scent of coffee would likely be easier to follow than trying to find the tiny beans hidden amoung the dirt and trash of the street.

The woman stepped forward, following her nose to the smell of coffee. Coffee and Lusa. The quiet one had been told to take care of Zandelia, so the kelvic saw no reason why the rest of them shouldn't be moving.
Vuil
Player

Words: 34844
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 8:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wrenmae on April 1st, 2012, 9:18 am

"Following the slavers through the woods is foolish," Shroud muttered, helping Zandelia up, "If they were confident enough to use them, they must know the path through well enough. It means we'll be at a disadvantage." Personally, he didn't like the idea of taking the woman to the doctor's, it seemed like a petty task to accomplish. He was more than capable of tracking down Lusa, certainly the use of a few mizas and questions would locate any new property. Technically, the slavers could have set up anywhere...all of them were grasping at straws. "If she's a high priority sell, there will be news of her in the market...slavers can't keep their tongues in line if they know they have a treasure."

As soon as he'd helped the woman up, he let her go. Her leg wasn't injured, she had the ability to walk on her own. Personally, Shroud disliked her upright personality, the ease in which she suggested or took control. She was like him in some ways, deceitful, conniving, capable of manipulations beyond the brutal methodology of her barbarian employers. That made her dangerous, especially to him.

He didn't know what she knew, only that her knowledge could be problematic, even deadly. For now he maintained a chilly distance from here, polite to a fault but only curious when there wasn't a reciprocation attached. "Mok," he said after a moment, "Let's send Lyala with Zandelia to Petrarchus, you and I work better as a team anyways." He nodded at Lyala gravely, "Watch the Doctor when you're there. The man sometimes has an unsavory habit of experimenting where he isn't wanted. No need to expect trouble, just be wary."

He paused near the woman a moment, and offered his hand, transfixing her with a cold gaze. "You will follow the trail the slavers left for us in your...other form. They're not likely to take notice of an animal and even less likely to catch you if they do. Find out where they took Lusa and any information you can overhear. Don't take long. A bell or two at most and then return." He straightened up. "Mok and I will speak with contacts around the Slave quarters and Tall Johnny's Casino, see if we can't shake up any buyers or if they're hiring extra muscle to ensure their acquisition." he leveled a glare at Zandelia, "They know she has friends."

"We meet in two and a half bells at the Pig's Foot tavern..only to pool what we know and prepare. Move swiftly and we'll have Lusa back this evening...tarry and we'll lose her. Let's move."

He turned on his heel, stalking toward Sunberth, all the wind in his step bent to proving his worth here. Zandelia was injured, she was behind...this was his chance to prove a measure of competence over the older woman. For some reason, it was a competition.

"Tell me Mok," Shroud said when the half blood caught up to him and after the others had faded from sight, "Why do you think they left Zandelia alive? She was injured, there were no bodies, and she is not unattractive...why not take two slaves instead of one?"

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next