Animal Rescue (Open to CE)

Lusa's been captured by slavers, but leaves a trail

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Lyalya on April 5th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Lyalya approached the injured Zandelia, her arm outstretched incase the woman needed any help. She wanted to fight, to go after the slavers, but after they met up, she would have the chance. She smiled slightly at the promise of the mission. First things first, they had to pay Pertarchus a little visit. She looked to the woman, wondering if she would be too prideful to accept help, or understanding enough to know when she needed it. Lyalya herself was one of the proud ones. If she could physically propel herself forward, she would. Unless she was unconscious, you had little chance of helping her.

As Lyalya heeded the warning from Wrenmae and watched him wonder off, she wondered what part they would play in this world. There was something about him, something interesting that called to her. She wasn't sure why, but she was definitely curious. As she listened half-paying attention to the him and Mok, Lyalya noticed how determined his step was. It reminded her of herself, he was man on a mission.

As if having forgotten her job, she looked back to Zandelia and smiled. "You about ready to go? I think we can handle this doctor. We have two and a half bells anyway."
Lyalya
Player

Words: 22840
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Mok on April 12th, 2012, 9:21 pm

oocsorry for having to make you wait this long, please pester me to post when its my turn again. Love you all :D

Mok spat several times as Wrenmae said his piece. It was a good plan and the myrian didn't have anything else to say about it. He let everyone say their part. He wasn't one to try to tell another person what to do. He was no dictator, no petching king. Wrenmae and Zandelia were his brother and sister so everything that they said had weight. He listened anand he took it to heart. The gangster was not one to petch around with either. Obviously jokes were fine, but there was a difference between joking and real talk. As long as one was one hundred percent with Mok, he would treat them with the same respect. He hated bullshiters and liars with a passion.

"Shiit, no idea Wren, could be anything really? Zand's a fiesty one, probally too much work to keep her down, you feel me? I wouldn't want to keep her locked up for long. The money she would fetch wouldn't be worth it I say. No one would buy such a grizzly free spirit anyways, you feel me," Mok mused as he and Wren took off towards the inner part of the city.

Mok waited for Wren's reply then started going over with Shroud their plan of action, "Alright, the advantage is on our side, 'cause the slavers have no idea who we be. So lets just head straight to the markets, I don't want to spend coin with the Ephyrians unless we have to you feel me?"

Walking towards to the usual slaver spot, the myrian would listen to what Wrenmae had to say. The location wasn't very far and the two could reach it right quick even if they walked, so Mok spent no energy running. Plus he needed to look like he was trying to buy a slave. That was the whole point of what they where doing. If the two ran in there all bleary eyed and panting they would know something was up and try to play them. The myrian had to prentend like he meant buisness.

Reaching the bustling slave markets, Mok went to work with Wrenmae right away. Mok point down on the slavers rows, "You take that side Wren, Ill take this side. Remember to stay within ear shout of me. If anything goes down, I want to be ready to react."

Red = Myrian
Bold = Common
"If you want some, get some, bad enough, take some,
But watch the sword by my side,
Because it represents me and the motherpetching east side"
-one of Mok's mottos
Mok
The Sunberthian Gangster

Words: 149901
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Lusa on April 14th, 2012, 6:48 am

Lusa opened her eyes blearily, trying to reach her hand up to rub the sleep from them, but found that they were bound. Her mouth was dry, and she smacked, trying to bring some moisture into it, tasting the faint remains of coffee and blood. She felt an itchy trickle of liquid run down her face, and her head throbbed; they must have knocked her out. When her eyes finally cleared, she could see very little still; it seemed to be dark. She reached out with her bound hands to find bars, and beyond those bars she felt fabric. She was caged, then.

She began to panic, but the pain in her head kept her from moving much. The men had tied a strong cord tightly around her thin waist, likely to prevent her from shifting. Her fingers could not maneuver the tight knot; it would likely have to be cut off of her later. Lusa sniffled in frustration, feeling tears forming once again. She felt so helpless; surely Zandelia would be able to get out of such a situation.

It was stuffy with the cloth covering her cage, restricting he flow of air, and the tight cord was digging into her already sore belly.

"Why don't they just get it over with?" she whispered to herself, likely the first time she'd ever spoken aloud to herself.

Lusa
Player

Words: 31212
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zandelia on April 17th, 2012, 10:27 pm

Zandelia let Lyalya’s words go unanswered as she watched the rest of the group file off in their respective directions. Outwardly she let herself act out the consummately damaged mercenary whom wished to soldier on but was frighteningly unable to do so due to injury. Inwardly she seethed with a tumultuous venom that she wagered could have killed anything within the all the lands with one bite, acidly melting it from the inside out. Her injuries were not so severe that she needed a doctor, though on balance she was not entirely up to full speed at that present moment. Still, she had skills that the seemingly perceptive Shroud had not deigned to discern – arrogance and self-assuredness perhaps blinding his vision. She would wager his seeking would turn up some evidence, however she was not about to let his nature ruin any chance of rescue for Lusa, not whilst she had strength left within her.

He tries to command authority by playing the intellect well, like a harp being plucked. T the untrained ear it all sounds so beautiful, even when a few dull notes are played mistakenly she thought to herself as she made a mental note, or three, to keep as many of her eyes upon the man as she could safely spare from her grander endeavors.

“He’s more similar to me than he would like to think, but knows less about hide and seek than he would admit methinks” she muttered to herself as she let a few moments pass as the pair of women were left alone now, making sure the others were too far away to interfere.

Still, he has foolishly handed me an opportunity for furtherance of my goals in leaving the girl behind. She was practical, cool and calculating – an asset indeed when things go sour she thought before she opened her eyes and let a small grin play for Lyalya, her lip splitting a little with it and dripping a few drops of blood down her chin before she rubbed them away with a wince.

“Petrarchus is a dead end lass and would only provide me with some foul smelling tincture for ten times its worth,” she spoke finally as she felt her chest begin to ease with pain somewhat now, “he can do nothing for me. I did not argue with the others as it served no purpose other than to waste time we do not have. The real question is whether you are ready to do what is necessary this day?” she asked as she took Lusa’s pack and put it over her shoulders carefully.

“That boy thinks himself able to track down all he needs but I fancy he will only get half of what is required. I say we get the other half. There are people dotted between here and the markets that I can ask and no other, they have sharp eyes and hound-like ears. All we will need is ourselves, petch the rest of them. Mok knows the score at any rate, he’ll look after them” she continued as she straightened up fully now and looked at Lyalya directly, her single green orb piercing.

“Dare to follow me towards the abandoned smithy?” she asked as she dared the other woman mentally to try and stop her.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lyalya on April 18th, 2012, 1:40 am

As Lyalya listened to the woman's suggestion to realized something vitally important about the woman: she was not someone to tell what to do. There was calculation and determination in her eyes. She had a mission and she would indeed see to it. Lyalya looked at the woman's injuries, they were no walk in the park, but she knew herself would suck it up. Why shouldn't she allow the woman the same dignity?

The blonde woman smiled. Adventure, thrill, and a bit of disobedience was exactly the sort of thing to tickle her fancy. She hated the idea of busying herself with a doctor, not did she trust others with her body. But proving their worth and returning with something valuable and necessary was too good to miss.

"Most certainly," she glanced around them and noticed the others focused on their missions. They would not notice the two woman marching of in a different direction. Lyalya deeply admired this woman's gusto. Maybe, after all of this panned out, they could become friends.

"Lead the way," Lyalya was only slightly excited, "I don't like the idea of sitting idle anyway, I had considered the idea of leaving you at the doctor and heading off on my own."

Her voice chimed as she laughed, purely amused. Lyalya gestured for the other girl to lead.
Lyalya
Player

Words: 22840
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Zandelia on April 25th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Zandelia kept up her pace, slow but methodical as she took them down the main tracks leading into Sunberth, the trees almost whispering as they passed and lending a haunting quality to their current situation – as if they sought to tell them what they knew. Still, it did not stop Zandelia from laughing out loud, only eliciting a small flash of aching pain from her ribs as they began their journey. It was a strange encounter with Lyalya already, given the knowledge that Zandelia may have been abandoned for nothing but a smile and for a bit of a jest. If the positions had been reversed Zandelia would not have revealed such facts, never knowing when appearing staunchly ‘loyal’ would prove to be useful. Still, she could not fault the other woman for her fiery nature, gleaning perhaps a few characteristics of her own youthful disposition – now long lost to the ravages of time.

An interesting woman indeed, stubborn but simple, direct yet oddly there are hints of flexibility perhaps. Someone who can be used, but know they are being used. Such a person can prove valuable, I suppose we shall see just how much this day she thought as she led them past the threshold of the city’s walls and spied the others ahead of them now, fanning out and dissipating into the crowds. She shook her head as she ducked into a side alleyway, all but dragging Lyalya with her.

“Oh it’s okay lass, if you fall I won’t be picking you up either, least not until the girl is recued,” she spoke back softly as she began to conjure up the map of Sunberth in her head, one she had put in place through hard time working for Tua, “so I’d plan on not getting hit too hard if I were you. #Easy enough for now, perhaps, but I fancy there will be a fight at the end of this trail. Come, you get to see portions of Sunberth today few people d, aren’t you lucky?” she asked Lyalya with semi-sarcastic tones as she whirled down the alley they had entered and began her search.

It was not an overly quick speed hat she set, caution filling her senses and the knowledge that she was taking the quickest routes she knew allowing her to keep a quick walking pace more than a run. She signaled for Lyalya to follow in her wake and drew her tonfa in case they met anyone of an unsavory nature, gesturing for the girl to prepare her own weapon for such an occurrence also. They wove their way through the warrens in the south east of the city, heading right and left, straight ahead and occasionally seemingly doubling back a little on their journey. She did not look back, confident that the other would keep up respectably. She kept her gaze upon the walls in places, small markings she saw directing her way a times. She smiled at the fact that it had not even been her to think up that particular detail – she tried to use only the best of the gutter rats she could find and sometimes they surprised.

“A word to the wise Lyalya, I would not tell anyone of where we end up and whom we meet. They do not like their presence known to many but their victims. They are more rogues than warriors, and perhaps poor ones at that, but they know how to kill well enough,” she told the girl with an enigmatic smile.

Left, right, left and… she counted to herself until they came to a larger, more open area.

“Dasoma, how nice to see you again,” the greeting came from their right as they entered the space, the area quickly populating with three grubby gutter rats in response to their presence, “got another pressing need for something eh?” the nominal leader, Keran, asked of her with a sly grin.

“Not quite, not this time. Today I come for information. I know you all watch the gates of this portion of Sunberth,” she told them, carefully avoiding the fact that it was usually Zandelia whom asked them to do so, “looking for a group of slavers, not many and carrying a small girl between them. Strangely unique I’d say, enough for your interests” she let the words hang there, watching carefully as gazes locked between them all and then melted away just as seamlessly.

“Perhaps we have seen them, perhaps not. What’s in it for us?” Keran asked her suspiciously, a tone Zandelia was beginning to grow increasingly annoyed with in their dealings.

“Coin, twenty gold miza’s and our continued benefits” she told them as she pulled out a handful of coins, counted them and let them chink I her hand as she swayed it from side to side. She watched their eyes light up and focus intensely upon her hand.

“The girl you want was taken north, up towards the markets. We didn’t follow much further. But you know someone in every place right?” Keran grinned at her as she threw the coins to the floor in front of them.

She turned to Lyalya and smiled, a victorious hound now upon the scent of her prey.

“You heard them lass, let’s get going then. Time is precious and I fancy you could take the lead for a bit now. I need to think” she stated simply as she gestured for the girl to set off, deciding to follow in her wake.

She probably has question too, questions dangerous and perhaps unanswerable. We will see, and deal with them as they come she thought as she awaited Lyalya to take the lead.

oocThought I'd give you something to write and think about, converse, etc. I'm sure Wrenmae will jump in with his psots as and when he can :)

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on May 9th, 2012, 8:20 am

In the markets of Sunberth, it was proper caution to keep one hand on your money at all times. The streets ran thick with pick pockets and cutthroats, all the lower levels of higher gangs playing their little rivalries and trying to earn a position above the running and dodging of lither bodies. In a certain sense, the whole scene was an ecosystem, reminiscent of the sea. The bigger fish moved with ponderous confidence, like sharks drifting swiftly through the open water. The smaller fish all played about on each other, devouring or attacking when necessary, snapping at every foot or hand that fell within their realm of control. Shroud kept to the center of the market, avoiding the sheltered sides of wagons and stands where cruel tipped claws waited to push and prod at valuables.

Instead he marked his territory, a system of shopkeeps and individuals he'd spent the better part of last season subtly conditioning with Hypnotism. The trick was to begin, not so hard to build on what was. Gairish, a cloth merchant, owed him a perceived favor, especially after he helped fend those imaginary brigands from his goods some days ago. The memory was completely fabricated, of course, built on the mans own paranoia of Sunberth (Zeltiva raised, apparently) and his subconscious cry for help. Shroud slunk along the myriad of people, in and out, a dance of practiced steps and darting eyes.

After a season, it's how everyone was.

"Gairish!" Shroud greeted, raising a hand and patting the thin shopkeep on the shoulder, "It's been too long." With the pat and the words, he spun Djed over his tongue and through his speaking, eliciting a feeling of calm from the man, an innate desire to help, and the brief memory of seeing Wrenmae the day before, but being out of reach to call to him.

"Oh! Wrenmae, fantastic!" Gairish greeted with a relieved smile, "I saw you yesterday in the market, but you were too far to beckon over. Why didn't you stop by?"

Shroud forced concern upon his face, rubbing his forehead and sighing heavily. "Gods, I'm sorry...my mind was too pre-occupied with..." He paused glanced around, "Well, it was nothing. In any case, I'm glad to see you again."

"What?" Gairish asked, concerned, putting a hand on Wrenmae's hand. He leaned in his eyes darting around them, his paranoia preying about the edges of his mind. Shroud glanced around as well, leaning in and whispering the next part.

"I heard someone is selling a Kelvic, a girl, a deer...I can't stand the idea of that poor creature being cast to such....vermin. I've been trying to uncover a trail for a week now. I don't want you involved, it's dangerous."

"No!" Gairish stifled a gasp, looking sickly. It was easy to overlook the worst of Sunberth so long as one did not actively participate. Gairish's inherent morals forced him to helping when such situations arose, his own stand a nexus of secrets sown into inseams, but mostly he tried to remain ignorant.

Ignorance, to him, was innocence.

He sighed, his shoulders falling.

"I...I shouldn't be telling you this, but someone wanted me to smuggle a message to a few members from the Gated Community today. I didn't look at it, but the men who delivered it were part of the Gallow-way gang."

Shroud nodded, smiling at his contact and imparting a surge of relief, a little bit of positive reinforcement. "Thank you so much, only kinda slave that might interest them would be my friend. You've done me a great service."

His contact nodded, wringing his hands nervously. But when he rose to address Shroud again, he was gone among the crowd.

The Gallow-Way always ran with eight or more, especially when they were making a high profile sell. Not too many, not too few. Shroud made his way toward the bar he was to meet with Zandelia. Hopefully she would have found a location...and with his side of things, they might be ready to mount a rescue.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Archelon on September 28th, 2012, 5:11 am

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Wrenmae :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Hypnotism1
Observation2
Intelligence1

Lores:
Helping to organize a rescue

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Interesting thread :) Any other questions, comments,or concerns please feel free to send me a nice pm.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on June 7th, 2013, 11:26 am

Experience Award

Zandelia
Grade :
Experience: Intelligence 3, Observation 1

Lores: Lusa's Capture, See a bit of yourself in Shroud, Selling a Kelvic Slave, Shroud's Blinding Arrogance

Miscellaneous: N/A

Comments: It ended very abruptly, this thread. Shame it didn't continue on any further.
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous