The Great Sunberth Buildoff-OOC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Archelon on March 26th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Hello there, sorry this is a little late in coming. I know a few people have been waiting for this as a sign of what they can do. So far I remember five people interested in partaking in this opportunity. So now, down to the gist of the matter.

This is where I will be reviewing your builds OOC deciding if they are acceptable for loans and how many threads you'll need to complete. Some might only have two threads, some might have more. It's purely my decision so deal with it :P.

Before you begin however, be familiar with how loans work by mizahar's standards. Know Gillar's business plan, and how income will be affected in a place your pc could create, and operate until the loans paid off. Be aware of the fact that until the loan is paid off, your pc technically... *doesn't* own it. :)

Now, I'll be extending the times to actually complete these threads IC to Summer, 45 512av since this is coming out a little late. I reserve the right to extend that time later if need be.

What you need to show me now is.

1. A Build plan with prices for building from the price lists, as well as a sample business sheet (what you can fill out) for any businesses etc.
2. A floor plan drawn out
3. A location post with a description and any extra details and pictures.

Where as then I will determine the amount of labor costs etc. (labor is really cheap this season in sunberth as people want to work for scraps after this horrible cataclysm of a storm.

1. Those who sign the loans of a location, are the ones who bear the risk.

This includes basically what you agreed to by playing in sunberth, risk of death, mutilation if things aren't being built fast enough , etc. I've touched on things, and those who sign a loan, already should know what they're getting into. It boils down to, if you agree to something, do it :). Don't make excuses.

You will get out IC what you put in IC... and still have to pay some or all back if you don't ... or ... the loansharks might come for your life. For all intents and purposes (until the loans are completely paid off over the seasons the property won't be 'yours' until the bottom line reads '0'. But these are loan sharks.. so expect to deal with interest . Monetary or Thugly kind. Muahahahahah.

Now, once a build plan is approved, I will be taking those characters IC and having them blitz out a post with certain people, though times within the season can be varied so if someone has a preference for say a 5th day, or a little later, I'll leave some wiggle room.

Remember: ALL PICTURES USED IN BUILDING LOCATIONS /PLANS ETC *MUST* BE UPLOADED TO MIZAHAR's GALLERIES. THIS MEANS YOU MUST HAVE YOUR LINKS IN ORDER FOR THEM TO WORK AS WELL :). NO locations/plans will be granted acceptance if they are not suitable to MIZAHAR's Image rules . Keeping them linked to mizahar's galleries in a requirement. This is to ensure that , no matter what, these locations will not be lost if your outside image host crashes, etc.

That's basically it, who wants to be first on the assessment block? :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Rayage on March 28th, 2012, 9:21 am

Price List

Creatures

Materials

• TBA

Custom Orders and Discounts

If there is something not displayed in the store that a player might want. Feel free to suggest and talk to the shop owner about it. He will attempt to create just about anything the paying customer can come up with. Everything comes for a price, and as such price will dictate the amount of effort put into the project, time it takes to make it, and just how much Ray likes you. Though he has been known to go no lower than 50 Gold Rimmed Miza for any project keeping in mind that time is valuable to the nuit.

Ray has been known to give lower prices to those he likes and give him repeat business, but this kindness has been expressed towards those who are in the Suns Birth. To all those in that gang he gives a 20% discount, but if the person happens to be a Dragoon he gives them a 25% discount. OOCPrice list will grow as I play with the shop and create new things to sell

All the Rayage

Nestled neatly and quite comfortably within Sunberths Gated Community the little shop is trying to make a name for itself selling all sorts of oddities in the name of ‘exotic creatures’ and materials that the owner will claim ‘you can find nowhere else’. Little do people know that this is actually the truth. Here one does find items and creatures that he will find nowhere else for the simple fact that everything is custom made by the owner of the shop.

The outside of the shop is welcoming and inviting. Made of a white stone, the doors are dark and made of fine polished wood. There is a nice, big glass display window at the front of the shop which lets in welcoming light and bathes the place in a sort of easy feeling. Not only that, but it allows for a little window shopping as well. Always displayed in the front window is the shops more interesting items, which change from day to day. One day it could be a blue and purple furred puppy while another it could be a substance which isn’t quite a liquid but isn’t solid as well. Always one interesting item displayed in the center of the window, across which is written the shops name ‘All the Rayage’ in big black letters.

When one first enters though the door of the shop the first thing they will notice is how clean it is kept and how well it was built. There is fine dark wood flooring, always polished and well kept, without a speck of dust present. The natural light which is let in by the sun seems fill the room, and at the approaching dusk and dawn candlelight shines unnaturally well too. A hint of magic in the air, or perhaps it could just be the place itself. Whatever the case is everything seems just a little bit brighter in the shop. Adorning the walls are finely crafted shelves, also made of wood, and glass cases containing many different items and cages of various creatures dot the room. At the far north end of the shop is a center counter, behind it sits two people ever vigilant of whoever enters their store, and behind them is the door which leads to a common area. The counter is next to bare except for a book, a quill, and a lone vile of ink which is all used to record the days purchases and custom orders.

Always present in the shop during business hours, All the Rayage does abide by the curfew of the Gated Community, is the hired guard and either one of the two twin slaves and Rayage, or both the twins when the shop owner is busy. The twins are qualified to answer and assist and even take down custom orders for patrons saying that it should be done in ten days, but if any sooner Rayage will send a messenger. They will then take down the name and what was requested in a book and give the customer an estimate of the price on the spot. The final price however is given only if the patron is satisfied with the final product, and the owner prides himself on the quality of work he does.

All the Rayage Layout :
Main Floor

Basement

Build Plan

BuildingValueSquare FeetLevel
Alchemy Lab (Elaborate) 4375 GM 400 sq/ft Floor -1
Storage (Elaborate) 1000 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Storage (Elaborate) 1000 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Shop (Elaborate) 2000 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Library (Elaborate) 1500 GM 400 sq/ft Floor -1
Prison Cell 300 GM 200 sq/ft Floor -1
Prison Cell 300 GM 200 sq/ft Floor -1
Office (Elaborate) 1500 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Servants Quarters 400 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Bath (Elaborate) 1000 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Kitchen (Elaborate) 1800 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Common Aera (Simple) 250 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor
Courtyard (Simple) 500 GM 400 sq/ft Ground Floor

Total GMTotal Square Feet
15925 GM 5200 sq/ft

MaterialCost/sqftSquare Feet (Basement)Total for walls
Stone4 GM/sqft1200 4*1200= 4800 GM

Subtotal 1=15925+4800=20725

Building Discount=25%=5181

Subtotal 2=20725-5181=15544 GM

Library Expenses:
  • 500 GM Books on Alchemy
  • 500 GM Books on Human Anatomy
  • 500 GM Books on Spiritism

Total= 1500 GM

Land Expenses=1000 GM=1 Acre of Sunberth

Final Price=15544+1500+1000=18044GM

Business Sheet

All the Rayage

Business Type: Goods/Services

Items Sold: Custom Orders- 50-500+ GM
H1-A- 100 GM
H2-A- 150 GM

Base Income- 9 GM

Skill Bonus- Expert (17 GM)

Sales Bonus- 0

Total Income- 26 GM

Assets:
All the Rayage (Store)= 18044 GM
Cage (small)= 5 GM
Cage (Medium)= 10 GM
Cage (Large)= 25 GM
Ink= 2 GM
Book, blank= 3 GM
Candle, Self-lighting= 1 GM
Inscribing Paint= 3 GM
Acid Vial= 5 GM
Flash Powder= 75 GM
Dog, Guard= 25 GM
Ferret= 2 GM
Hawk= 35 GM
Songbird= 1 GM
Pigeon, homing= 100 GM
Dog, Companion= 10 GM
Bull= 25 GM
Eagle= 50 GM
Songbird= 1 GM
Owl= 25 GM
10 pounds of Silver= 30 GM
10 pounds of gold= 50 GM
10 pounds of Iron= 5 GM
Paints and dyes, rare= 25 GM
Paints and dyes, exotic= 50 GM
Paints and dyes, common= 1 GM
Paints and dyes, unusual= 10 GM
Rope, Silk (50 ft.)= 10 GM
‘Employee 1’= Take care of animals= Slave Child- 50 GM= Common, 135 GM/ Season.
‘Employee 2’=Shopkeeper=Slave Child- 50 GM=Common, 135 GM/ season
‘Employee 3’=Guard=Need to hire NPC merc = 5 GM a day, 455 GM/ season
Animal upkeep= 2 GM/season
Lockbox, fine= 20 GM
Lock, Amazing= 150 GM (Main door to Shop Area)
Lock, Amazing= 150 GM (Door leading to Courtyard)
Lock, Amazing= 150 GM (Stairs leading to Library)
Lock, Good= 80 GM (Common Area to Storage)
Lock, Good= 80 GM (Office to Storage)

Dept=19358 GM (this is not including the seasonal upkeep costs)

Drawn Out Floor Plan

Main Floor

Basement

Last edited by Rayage on June 19th, 2012, 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Archelon on March 29th, 2012, 2:18 am

"All the Rayage Approved with 1 addition:

Labor cost: 1000 gold mizas
Total Debt: 20358 gold mizas

I'd say Four threads for the buildoff should be completed by Summer 45,but started no later then the end of this season. So you're cleared to get started working :), and please post your business plan in the business plan forum with my permission :). :)

Day of Actual use for pc: Feel free to actually consider this structure physically built and ready for business. 40th of Summer, 512av :)

Now for a decision as it's in the GC: mystery man or goldfinger for a loan :) PM me your choice :).

Anyone else? :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Cade on March 31st, 2012, 4:46 pm

The Cliff's Cradle

ImageA tavern where regulars share their experiences and lives with each other while drinking or working at the bar where everybody knows your name, where new comers were welcomed with friendly open arms and drank in peace. Well, this was not the Cliff's Cradle tavern and the atmosphere was that of the scummy, low-down dirty no-good drinking whole on the bad end of the wrong side of a lawless city ruled by gangsters, a haven for mercenaries. That kind a bar. A place where nobody wanted to know your name. A place where the only thing scummier than the drinks were the bums and critters drowning in them. A proper place for such people looking for conflict for nothing was more musical to the owner and operator's ears then the sound of cracking skulls, bones breaking and the sound of flesh being impacted upon by brute force.... the symphony of a brawl....The opera of battle.

The Cliff's Cradle tavern caters to all sorts from across mizahar that have no problems taking a risk shouldering with sunberthians, with spacious areas and wide doorways to allow patrons of all sizes passage. A two story building made of wood, stone and bricks, the Cliff's Cradle tavern consists of a bar area that can hold forty patrons, a Kitchen, a private lounge and a basement that acts as a guild hall for the Crimson Edge. The basement is complete with three barrack size rooms to house the CE members and a dining hall with a grand table for feasting and a training area for the rugged mercenaries to hone their skills.

The tavern is located north of the blood pits and about three hundred feet off from the cliff's edge that is a one hundred and twenty foot drop to the rocky shore's below. The tavern can be easily identified by its row boat cradle fixtured just outside the main entrance. Cade only has one law for the tavern, if patrons make a blood mess, the participants shall clean it or pay Cade 1gm for such services.

Menu & Service Info :
Menu:
Ale, Gallon: 2sm
Ale, Mug: 4cm
Wine: Fine Bottle: 10gm
Wine, Common: 2sm
Meals, Good(Per day) 2gm
Meals, Common(per day) 5sm
Meals, Poor(per day) 2sm
Rations, Trail(per day) 2sm

Rooms for Rent-
Common room 50copper mizas/day
Bed in barracks 2 sm/day
Small bed in bedroom 5 sm / day

Mercenary:
Minor Contract: 1-3gm
Advance Contract: 4-8gm.

NPC Info :
Work in progress.

Floor Layout :

Main Floor:
Kitchen(Elaborate)=1,800 x2 = 3600
2x sized Tavern(simple)=2000
Bedroom= 250
Common Area= 250
MF total: 6100

Basement:
barracksx3= 2400
Dining Hall=1500
Training Room=1000
Basement cost: 6900gm + 6400 = 13300
2 acres=2000

Total cost:
Land : 2000
Main Floor : 6100
Basement Cost: 13300 gm
Total Gm: 21,400 gm
25% discount of buying it all at once (.75 * 21,400) = 16,050 gold mizas Final Proposed Price.
Labor costs from Archie: 1000gm
Final Price: 17,050 gold mizas

Business Plan :
The Cliff's Cradle Tavern & Kitchen/ Crimson Edge Mercs
Business Type: Bar, Kitchen and Mercenary services.
Items Sold:
Tavern:
Ale, Gallon: 2sm
Ale, Mug: 4cm
Wine: Fine Bottle: 10gm
Wine, Common: 2sm
Rooms for Rent-
Common room 50copper mizas/day
Bed in barracks 2 sm/day
Small bed in bedroom 5 sm / day.

Kitchen:
Meals, Good(Per day) 2gm
Meals, Common(per day) 5sm
Meals, Poor(per day) 2sm
Rations, Trail(per day) 2sm

Mercenary:
Based on Contract.

Base Income:
Cade(Primary Owner)-Guildmaster: 3gm
Mok(Secondary): Shopkeeper: 4gm
Zandelia(Third Owner)- Mercenary-2gm

Skill Bonus: None for the moment

Sale's Bonus None for the moment
Wage:
Cook: 2gm/day
Waitress: 7sm/day
Total Income: 6 gm 3sm/day, 573gm 3sm/season
Assets:
Main Floor:
Kitchen(Elaborate)=1,800 x2 = 3600
2x sized Tavern(simple)=2000
Bedroom= 250
Common Area= 250
MF total: 6100

Basement:
barracksx3= 2400
Dining Hall=1500
Training Room=1000
Basement cost: 6900gm + 6400 = 13300
2 acres=2000

Total cost:
Land : 2000
Main Floor : 6100
Basement Cost: 13300 gm
Total Gm: 21,400 gm
25% discount of buying it all at once (.75 * 21,400) = 16,050 gold mizas Final Proposed Price.
Labor costs from Archie: 1000gm
Final Price: 17,050 gold mizas

Debt: 17, 050gm
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)