[Cascade's Scrapbook] About Anything

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Nira'lia on October 14th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Wow, your family sounds wonderful. What your mom did was particularly nice. I wish my parents were more like that, but I have to make do with what I get (besides, they're wonderful in their own ways).

Thanks for sharing. That actually cheered me up. :P
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Paragon on October 15th, 2012, 9:18 am

I hear you. I never understood the point of memorised prayer unless as some sort of personal affirmation anyway. There's a little thing called subtle resistance though. While you live in your parents house you can outwardly conform to what they want. You've probably heard it before - but at the end of the day, they want what they think is best for you. I don't see that as lying - it just makes life easier for you. It's the beliefs you hold inside that count and manifest as your reality :)
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Imass on October 16th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Response about tyranny:

As a "small person" in society I find that you need to conform in order to survive. If you disagree with what the tyrants are saying by living your life the way you want to, then usually life is harder. Nira, if you don't listen to your dad then you get wifi taken away. If you don't listen to the government you get thrown in jail. It is parallel in that regard.

That being said though, the tyrants do have power on you. There really is two options, do not conform and loss all your human rights, or conform and maintain the comforts you live with. I would pick the later to be honest, because in the end the tyrants cannot control your thoughts. Your ideas are your own and as long as you can keep that then you are being true to yourself.

There is however, always a point when you can't take it anymore. There are certain things that tyrants imposes that completely go against the moral fiber of your life. That's when people decide to stick to their thoughts, regardless of lossing their rights. Today it is prayer over meals Nira, but what if tomorrow he wants you to stop mizahar? I think that is the day you move out right?

I think it's like that with everything in life. I sit down all the time and ask myself: what do I believe in? What are my values? How important are they to my life? How far am I willing to take each belief: until death or jail or worse? I dont know sometimes, but it is something we all have to ask.

Now you got to ask yourself the same questions I think Nira and decide what is more important!

I hope this made sense :)

IMASS

Ps I know what I am saying seems obvious, nut sometimes people forget the obvious! :P

Pss imass is a tyrant lol, I didn't name the thread parley of tyrants for nothing! Despite being a tyrant though, imass fights to the death for all his beliefs. He is the extreme side of the spectrum. Where is Nira on that spectrum? Would she conform to imass, just to make life easier on herself?
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Cascade on October 16th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Luke and Imass - I agree with both of you. I'm probably one of the most compliant people ever, and it's so easy to threaten me with anything because I'd much rather give in than argue about it. Arguing is just so... tiring. Besides, I live in a place where culture dictates that even the smallest form of disagreement with your parents (or any other elder) is already disrespect... and I believe that too, I think memorizing a few lines is a small price to pay for thousands of pesos worth of wifi. :P It's no biggie, and it's something I've learned to deal with. Sometimes there's just that AARGH moment where I need to vocalize things... but not to their faces, of course.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. Much appreciated. :)
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Paragon on October 16th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Also, you look so pretty in your profile picture girl!!! Congrats on your grad! :D
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Imass on October 25th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Cascade

For virtually spotless dishes... ;)
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Cascade on October 25th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Wahahaha, Imass! *smacks* Okay, just for the record, I didn't know it was a dish washing soap when I signed up. We don't have that heeeere! :P

Also...

Heads up to everyone I'm threading with. Apologies that I haven't been around much recently and probably for another week or so. Still adjusting to the new job and its odd hours, but hopefully my activity will be more stable once November comes around.
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Nira'lia on November 6th, 2012, 4:03 pm

From here. If only I could think of things to write as quickly as I could type, I'd probably have a much easier time with NaNo. |:
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Oluse on November 10th, 2012, 1:16 am

omg u have 6 more hours than me to live your life! /waste your time online. how unfair

3 errors 56WPM >>
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Cascade on November 15th, 2012, 11:41 am

HIIII!

Some of you know already but I got switched to night shift this week, and I'm finding it more than difficult to adjust. I feel zombiefied the minute I get home and I just go straight to sleep. I will reply to posts as soon as I have the time, and also, even if I don't reply to PMs asap, I swear I've read them and I'll get back to you with what you need when I can.

This weekend I'll be able to catch up. Toodles!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext