That Signet Ring (Leigo)

Leigo learns the truth about the past.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

That Signet Ring (Leigo)

Postby Cascade on May 26th, 2012, 4:19 pm

The blond boy's expression was inexplicable. The old man could not judge it; he didn't know what was going on through the young boy's head. He didn't even know that another voice was conversing with this man, one that nobody but Leigo could hear.

"I've already told you, it's not that easy unless you give them a reason to contact you."

The old man gave it some more thought. Somehow, he wanted to help this boy. It might mean the end of him, but he wanted to do it nonetheless. The information wasn't his to keep, and Leigo could do what he wanted with it.

"Wait, now that I think about it..." continued the old man, his eyes focused on Leigo. "I did hear that something shady is going on behind the scenes in this city... and when it's shady, there's a chance that thieves would be called by it, don't you think? Give me some time to get some questions answered. How does that sound to you, huh? You just be patient and tell me how I can get to you."
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

That Signet Ring (Leigo)

Postby Leigo on June 9th, 2012, 11:05 am

There wasn’t much point in conversing with Tristan any further. He clung to his ability to procure some sensitive information about contacting the ones who killed his father. Not quite certain if he should thank the man, Leigo decided not to. Not yet at least.

“I’ll wait for you at the second inn from the docks on the left” he paused looking through his fingers as if he was counting up to some significant number. “You have a moon cycle and if you don’t have anything by then… well…” shrugging his shoulders, the boy knew full well what would happen if the old man failed him. Disliking the ominous note of his tone, the familiar chimed in.

What happens then?

Then we kill him.

Why?

He accused my father of being a smuggler without obtaining any proof.

Didn’t you say he was likely one as well?

That’s different. I’m his son and am entitled to speak about my father in whatever manner I see fit. Pausing as if to realize he was moving away Leigo got back into the unheard debate.

Let me ask you, if someone told you that your entire family is made of Kirt scum, what would your reaction be?

I’d ignore that claim as the being of higher intelligence I am.

So you still don’t understand?

Apparently…

You’ll get it in time, and hopefully Tristan will too. I never had to kill a man before. Ending in a high note, Leigo’s mind was more interested if it would be easy to kill Tristan than about the morality of it. In his mind the old man was already guilty of blasphemy against the memory of his father unless he brought him gifts that could mend the insult.

Gods, he needed some sleep!
Leigo
Player

Words: 154744
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

That Signet Ring (Leigo)

Postby Cascade on June 11th, 2012, 11:45 am

The old man waved the boy away and started to wobble as he walked towards the open streets. All the while he continued to grumble under his breath, his mind in an obvious mayhem of thoughts.

Who knew if he would appear at the time and place Leigo had mentioned? Who knew if he even knew what he was talking about?

A moon cycle passe. The old man didn't appear at their place of meeting. Instead, someone slipped a piece of paper to Leigo... it had nothing but a name on it. A name of a person that when found, will simply direct him towards someone else.

Leigo would find himself going through numerous people, searching for something more concrete. In the end, the closest hint he got was: 'On the 36th of Summer, go to the dark alley near the docks, fifth corner from the Kelp Bar. You might find who you're looking for there.'

Adventurer's Loot

Leigo's Loot :
Leigo

Skill XP Reward
Investigation +2
Persuasion +1

Lore:
Old Man Tristan
Rumours of Father's Past
Not much I can award since this turned out to be a simple, preemptive thread for bigger things. :) If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous