The Arrival of the Crimson (CE and Ximal)

A good old 'kick off' thread for you all!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Zandelia on April 22nd, 2012, 3:00 pm

Spring 78th – Morning – Base Encampment

oocWelcome to the Spires Crimson Edge members! I thought it best we all have a small thread where we unpack, get the grumbling of the journey out of our systems and take a few moments to familiarize ourselves with our new home for the duration. In terms of lodging you can choose whom you bunk with just so long as the entire CE group are together and concentrated across attached buildings. No sense in separating ourselves when we are unknowns eh? ;) That said, feel free to interact with Zand, ask questions, etc. But get to know each other, for you may need those bonds before the end <.<

The journey had been long, hard and fast in its timeline, their guides and nominal leaders driving them to greater speeds than Zandelia had thought were either safe or sensible. Still, when she stopped to consider it more deeply she would have done the same if she were returning with a helping hand in turning back the darkness throttling her home. She could find no fault with the apace and means of travel on moralistic grounds, however on physical ground her own body was screaming its objections to her. She had never really ridden a horse before, trusting her own two feet over the four that were beneath her now as they entered a ramshackle grouping of buildings half-way up the side of a mountain. Her thighs felt beaten unto death and she was beginning to know what a whore truly felt like after hundreds of clients between their legs.

Bruised, sore and wondering if they can ever walk properly again. Yes, I know the feeling all too well she thought to herself as memory threatened to flash into her skull, being fended off only by her mental capacity to maintain control. She was needed to be a leader now, and she would not let personal concerns fail her charges – she vowed that to herself as she swept her gaze across the tired group of vagrants, sell-swords and rogues.

“A better group for heading into danger I cannot think of, varied in purpose and abilities, they could do anything if they would only work together and put their minds to it” she muttered to herself, all too aware of the fractiousness that had been spreading like a miasma across them as their journey had lengthened and ground down their spirits.

She had her own eyes and ears within them, ones she trusted implicitly and others whom were still earning her trust but knew better than to lie to her outright. She did not tolerate fools working with her after all, it was terrible for business. No, she knew there were mutinous mutterings and grumbled complaints as to why they were even leaving Sunberth after all. With the departure of Cade from the reams of the living there had been a vacuum of power, the untried and untested stepping forwards to fill in as best they could until matters could be settled in a suitably finite manner. Zandelia had chosen to lead them to the Spires, forsaking her preferred proclivities to help keep them safe. There had been no question of not going upon the expedition, it would prove too lucrative for them in more than monetary manners.

No, allies and connections prove to be the more useful in the long term. If we can forge some based upon becoming saviors then it is all to the better. The Crimson Edge will not stand alone if I have anything to say about it she mused as they finally stopped, their guides merely pointing out the various locations of importance – the Cages, the Mess Hall and the Long Houses. They were left alone then and Zandelia could sense the lengthening silence all too acutely.

“Alight then members, you heard our illustrious guardians! No sense standing here all day and doing nothing, let’s get our gear off these beasts to give them a rest and into the Long Houses. We can all wander to our tastes once we’ve got our quarters set up! Hop to it!” she told them in gentle but firm tones, looking upon them all and wondering if any would question her orders.

She set about her own advice, very much a believer in leading by example, by sliding off of her own mount and stifling a groan as she moved her thighs and felt the jarring of the ground beneath them almost buckling her knees in front of them all. She grunted and forced them to remain upright and straight, instead choosing to try and cover the pain with practical tasks. She began to pull her packs from the saddle hooks, pulling straps open here and loosening them a little there in order to access all of her belongings. She did not outwardly pay attention to the other, though she kept her senses attuned to the fact that there was a pause before they began doing the same, mimicking her actions. It was good, they were thinking upon her worth and deciding that for now there was no point arguing perhaps. She would take what she could get.

“I know you are all tired, hat you are wondering why you are even here,” she began to talk then, her voice rising above the hustle and bustle with a bit of effort, “and I can offer you nothing but hope and words for now. All I ask is that you treat this with an open mind, that you take in each experience you can and harness it into your being. I promise each and every one of you that before the end you will become more than that which set out from our grimy little city” she finished, turning on her heel then and beginning the task of finding some suitably empty lodgings for their entire group.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on April 24th, 2012, 12:01 am

Searing blind agony, utter misery, pain. Unequivocal pain. His thighs burned, ached, he had sores, upon sores, upon sores. During the expanse of the speedy trip he's squashed his wedding vegetables, no less than four times. No wonder his voice had been lowered some what. As the horse trotted towards the camp, even the slightest vibration of the beast made his legs cream in agony even through the numbness. His feet were numb from toe to knee. But his thighs, screamed in rebellion and pain. His buttocks groaned under his weight, and his lover back pleaded with him to take a lie down. Xi was used to physical pain. Used to labour, but this was just torture. Gritting his teeth he bore the pain. revealing nothing and slipping his mind back into it's meditative state, using it to help ease the signals of agony from his central section. He focused hard Forcing himself to delve into his mind. The monochrome world erupting around him once again. But this time more of tist world was coloured some green some red, surprisingly a lot more blue than either of them. Blue was understanding. Red madness and green peace.

Starring at the immense mirror that was is fractured mind. His peaceful self looked at him from behind the crystalline wall that separated them. Liro stood behind his re-enforced glassy wall. Fully bestial and naked in both ambition and self presentation. The madness emanating from the shard was incredible. Xi could not help but be over whelmed by what he felt peeling off of liro's cell. Then his attention caught. Two new shards had formed, one blue fully formed now and the person within was visible. He looked old, wizened, his hair white but there was not a wrinkle upon him. His body scarred but differently from Xi's, heavier, deeper. More scars than he would like to admit. The fragment of him said nothing. Not even lifting it's gaze from it's duties. Whilst the other shard, Shone yellow. Bright happy, and calm. Within Xi could see the figure. another male, but younger more like the teenage Xi. The face of the boy was smiling...Xi had never remembered a time when his younger self had smiled. His happiest memories to date were of his time free. Perhaps that was what triggered the release of this fragment and the repair of this shard. But the vastness of the mirror was huge and still incomplete. Then Xi heard liro's voice.
Funny isn't it. How you can come here at will, in to your own mind and yet you are still surprised as to how the pieces of you look? We are all you. And you are all of us. Your mind is slowly being repaired, through no thanks of your efforts. Well maybe that's not entirely true. You did manage to repair your happiness. How ever i'm restoring more powerful emotions. I'm restoring them so that i may gain more influence. And now everytime your control slips. I will be released faster and faster. Also i'm sure youve noticed it. But here I can feel my power growing. I can feel my influence growing. Here i am stronger than you. Here i have the power to overpower you when i wish. But there is no point in over powring someone without playing with them. Without giving them a false sense of hope that they can resist. Liro smiled his sick smile ans simply looked on as Xi could hear his name being called and his horse jolt to a stop. Sending lightning bolts of pain up through his thighs and groin to his brain. He'd rolled forwards with the stop and hurt himself again. Wincing he dismounted the horse.

Breathing a huge sigh of pain and relief he listened to a woman speak. He recognized the voice. But right now he just wanted to get his footing. His feet were numb and it was a sheer wonder as to the fact he could even stand without his legs giving way beneath his weight. Perhaps that body building had paid off. Or maybe it was just his own innate resistance to giving up. Either way, he didn't fall. collecting and recovering his gear from the saddle bags along the sides of the horse. He smiled and stretched. Then immediately wished he hadn't as pain rushed his brain from every angle at once. He was tired, sore, hungry, cold, and with the weather being a it was. Soon to be very damp. Xi's hood still up he gritted his teeth and took a step forwards. Pain was the name of the game. And right now, he was fighting it back and winning over it. Xi disregarded all talk that could be heard for the moment just focusing on staying upright was a challenge. He gritted his teeth and headed towards the voice that was spouting commands. As he walked the fabric of his pants rubbed against the soars. Sending arrows of pain from his thighs to his brain. He looked around to see the motley crew that had assembled. Still it wasn't much then he saw the gorillas. Big monkey britches.All he could do was wonder why they were all here then it hit him. Like a knife searing through his brain. Liro was clawing at him. Hard and fast. Painful so much in fact that he wanted to scream then, the pain stopped. Then he remembered what Liro had said. The fog was acting like a catalyst. Making Liros progress and doorway to control easier. He was in serious trouble now, if he stepped into that foge liro could assume control at any moment.

Still heading towards the female commander it was obvious as to who she was. He smiled lightly as he strode up to her.
"Fancy meeting you here? I didn't know you were interested in helping people less fortunate than yourself. Or even those mildly in trouble?" Xi gritted his teeth doing all he could to just stand up. It was killing him, the pain was staggering but his heart remained slow, and he wore his emotions as alrge as always like an aura, right now it was suffering though he would never let himself show it on his face. Nor in his demeanour. He looked down at her as he did the first time they met, though this time the was the absence of the knife at his throat. He smiled, some what masked by the thick gauge of beard that had grown in the travel from Sunberth. Liro flexed his corruptive control once again. searing and tearing at Xi's mind just for the sheer fun of it. This time though it cut off the knife pains from his thighs. And he was focusing purely on the pain hin his head. Almost as suddenly as it started it stopped. Liro was just taunting him here. Liro was just proving how much power he held out in this place. This place was a catalyst of pure havoc within him. XI looked back at her again his deep black blue pools of madness filled liquid fire, looked down at her as he once did before hand though this time he gleamed her in some what of a different light. Last time he'd met her he viewed her she came off a bit standoffish. This time it was more like a leader. Xi took a deep breath before saying. "Ok, where do we head to put our belongings, right now, i'm sure most of us just want to lie down and deal with the pain of the ride here. I know that some are dealing with the pain better than others but, those who aren't...Really could use the rest. If you want a hand with anything just ask i'll be happy to help." Xi gritted his teeth as he kept switching the leg he put most of his weight on, to reduce the pain over the pair of them. It felt like te skin was slowly being flayed off of him, layer by layer. It was excruciating and only got worse as the feelign came back in his lower legs. The strain of wearing his grieves all the way here had been pulling down and chafing his calves and shins. Blinking his eyes fast and hard he was doing this to help bite back the pain he wanted to let out with screams. A man of his size couldn't be seen screaming or it would make him look like the weakling of the group.
Last edited by Ximal on April 24th, 2012, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Leon Von Strova on April 24th, 2012, 9:37 pm

He was lugging his own gear as he moved behind Zandelia, keeping an eye on Ximal, remembering the hunt that would have started not for Cade. He swung his pack higher on his shoulder before moving towards the long houses. He didn't paticularly care who his bunk mates were, but he hoped that Zan was at least nearby as he entered the building, dropping his pack beside a bed. He adjusted his black tunic, before flexing his fingers and arms, feeling the tightness of his strength relaxing. He turned back, exiting the house to help the others, first moving towards Ximal to offer his hand, wanting to bunk near his little brother to keep the whelp safe. "Come on Xi."
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Words: 15951
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2012, 2:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Massacre on April 26th, 2012, 10:32 pm

His wings ached as he came to a landing among the group of horses, most all of them members of the Crimson Edge. Massacre was used to flying long distance. Born of a nomadic Zith tribe, he could fly all day with only a few stops for rest. But this trip.. this had been like nothing he'd ever done before. Even when his tribe was on the run they were able to find hiding places to rest, and it rarely lasted for more than a day. But the trip he and his fellow mercenaries had just been on lasted many days of almost constant travel. The Zith was surprised his wings hadn't fallen off in the process.

Massacre only half paid attention when the woman began to speak, instead peering around at his surroundings. The place they were in was far from impressive, though from what Massacre could gather the city the large ape men came from was quite a sight to behold. It was built in the trees and nearly impossible to find, save for those who already know where it is. The camp, it was just a temporary shelter, until the city could be reclaimed.

Massacre wasn't overly concerned about where he slept, being used to sleeping in caves or trees or wherever he happened to find a place for the night. He didn't have much equipment either, just the things he always carried with him, but he figured he'd might as well choose a bed to call his own anyway. He picked one of the top bunks in the corner of the longhouse, stowing most of his gear there before hopping down to observe the rest of the room. He didn't really care who bunked with him, though a pleasant looking female wouldn't be so bad. Or perhaps his fellow Zith, whom he'd yet to get acquainted with. But really he didn't care. Most likely nobody would choose the bunks near him. In his experience thus far, people tended not to enjoy being around Zith.
Massacre
Player

Words: 125333
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2011, 7:17 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Apos on April 27th, 2012, 9:25 pm

The ride to the Spires reminded him of the various mounts he once rode upon in Taloba...to which he quickly ejected from his mind. He didn't have any particular hate towards his homelands, for to hate Taloba means to hate Myri, and even from afar, he did still love the patron Goddess. Having a bounty put on his head by other Myrians, however, gave Apos a bitter taste and the once outgoing warrior soon became cold and misguided. Over his stay in Sunberth he'd ridden himself of his once bald head and now adorning his scalp was long black hair. His attire consisted of a black set of clothing and leather armor pursed to his body with numerous buckles. Over his torso rested a tattered red cloak that hung over his shoulders, and covered up his neck and at times obstructed his lower face with a high collar.

As they all stopped, Apos looked over the group of misfits, seeing whom he'd recognized and who he didn't. He didn't talk much during the ride, doing more site seeing than anything else. As he slid himself off of the horse, he hit the ground and slowly walked and stretched his burning, sore legs. His deadened feet stung as his black boots hit the ground below as he grabbed his belonging off the mount and listening to Zandelia as she spoke.
'I'll catch you later...' He thought to himself, then let out a resounding growl as he contemplated on the journey ahead and who would make it out alive, and who wouldn't. He honestly didn't expect everyone to survive, even if that meant himself. But he was a survivor, selfishly, he'd do everything he could to put the odds in his favor. To what end, was unquestionable however.

He stood somewhat off the side, away from the lot of the faction, and put his bag down at his feet. He reached in and grabbed his pair of ulaks, longing for the familiarity of holding the curved swing-blades in his hands.

"The ulaks. First forged by ancient Myrians...used in defense of honor..." He said in a low tone to himself.

He brisked the edges of the blades together a few times, listening as the sharp metal slid on each other, then removed them from his hands. He placed them back in the bag then looked around them for the rest of his gear. The rest of his weapons were present, as were his utensils, clothing, and other necessities. He tightened his lip as he looked around the men and women within his perimeter. He adjusted the large red band that covered his forehead, and twisted his plated gauntlet on his left arm out of boredom as he awaited their booking of the Longhouse.

'Theres nothing to kill around here...'
Apos
Did you come here for answers? There are none

Words: 53448
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2011, 10:22 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on May 5th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Groans resonated through the group, Ana was apart of them as they did so. Her arse felt like a whipped mercilessly piece of meat due to her inexperience of riding a horse. Leaning on the neck, she tried to lessen the pain and glanced down and suddenly felt very conscience of how high she was. Would she be able to remain standing if she dropped down? Grimacing, she watched as everyone dismounted, most were much taller than her and didn't have much problem getting off the petching horse. Here Ana was short, she'd easily fall on her back.. Right? Well, it never hurt to try, right? Cringing as she began to lift her leg, sliding to the side and holding on the saddles handle and falling off. Straight onto her butt, then her back with a loud "oompth!" Coughing, she covered her face with a dust covered hand and began to slowly rub into her temples as a headache came around as well as what felt to be a slight fever, probably from what little appetite she held over the past few days. That could be changed soon enough. How awful, this pain, she could feel it travelling right up her tail bone even. Quick though, to recover, Ana rolled onto her side and hefted herself up and away from the horses strong legs in fear of being stomped somehow. Sighing, she dusted herself off, why did she always have the knack to connect with the ground? Quite litterally.

Tiredly, Ana stared at Zandelia and listened to her before taking her backpack and slinging it on her shoulder and trudged over to their temporary leader. Well, Ana hoped she would be a permanent one, if she was being truthful. Reaching up she tugged slightly on her leaders sleeve and looked up to her with somber, darkly circled eyes then to the longhouses "we can pass out soon as we pick a bed, right?" She questioned unenergetically, and rather rhetorically, her mood was akin to depression. Ana missed Wren, well, Shroud mostly since she hardly saw Wrenmae as the piece of himself.. She hadn't spoken a word of what had happened the last couple of days in Sunberth, nor would she now and never had she mentioned her longing for the arrogant arse's presence through out the whole trip from Anarchist City to the Land of Tree Huggers. Ana felt as if she were being eaten from the inside out due to the distance, and her body showed it, as strong as it had become over the season. Much sickness had been over come during the Spring, but nothing could compare to this feeling of helplessness one felt when away from someone they cared for. Albeit grudgingly for him, Ana did in a way 'care' for Shroud. It was rather hard not to, they had basically slept in the same housing for most of the winter season and then mostly slept in the tent together for half of the spring season.

That wasn't the point though, Ana let her shoulders slump ever so lightly as she teetered on the balls of her feet towards the makeshift buildings. Following after the others who would also be choosing bedding, entering the building, Ana looked around for a corner she could curl up in. Just like.. Ana choked lightly, just like in the winter season when she and Shroud had first met. She seemed to pale considerably as she chose a ground floor corner bedding, setting her pack on the wood and then taking out a bedroll and unrolling it on the bedding. Grateful she had bought such a piece of comfort way before the trip, its first intentions were for if Shroud decided to kick her out from under the furs during the night. Bringing herself up, she sat and almost howled, feeling sharp pains travel up the soreness that was her butt. Inhaling sharply, she held it in as her eyes watered indefinitely to no end, she slowly turned herself to be on her side and simply huddled their in her rather warm cloak on the bedroll. Paying no attention to those around her that chose spots, she just wanted somewheres familliar to sleep and a corner had been just that. What seemed to be immeadetly, Anas eyes began to drift shut almost, a wave of nauesia passed over her and she was half out of it then. But she did not sleep.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Reaper on October 24th, 2012, 5:48 pm

The Fruits Of The Harvest

Ximal :
Skill XP Rewarded
Riding 1
Meditation 1

Lores:
Enduring the Pain
Arriving in the Spires

Other:
None

Notes:
None

Massacre :
Skill XP Rewarded
Observation 1

Lores:
Dibs On the Top Bunk!
Arriving in the Spires

Other:
None

Notes:
None

Apos :
Skill XP Rewarded
Riding 1
Meditation 1

Lores:
Selfish Survivor
Arriving in the Spires

Other:
None

Notes:
None

Ana Sol Starris :
Skill XP Rewarded
Riding 1

Lores:
Missing Shroud
Arriving in the Spires

Other:
None

Notes:
None

Keep up the good work! Questions? Comments? Something important that I missed? Please do not hesitate to PM me and we will discuss it. :)
Reaper
Fear Not

Words: 3929
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Race: Staff account
Office