Location [Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

Postby Dusk on June 15th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Samael

Serena gave a sigh of relief as she felt the colt turn, not too concerned with the mare's grunts. "No, you did good," she murmured, dragging her own arm carefully out as she gently pulled it around further. When she finished and removed her hands, two tiny hooves were emerging.

"There, there," she whispered, slapping the horse on the rump. The mare gave a groan and a sigh, and then lowered herself down to her knees and then to her side to resume normal birthing.

Serena waved one of the stablehands in to finish monitoring the delivery, and turned to grin at Sam. "Come on, let's wash this crap off. What can I do for you today?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 16th, 2010, 1:22 am

Sam was busying his clean hand with making sure his sleeve didn't roll back down his arm and get soiled by blood and amniotic fluid. His smile was back now that the danger to the mare and her foal was over, neither proud nor cocky, but just glad to have helped make everything all right. He glanced back at the mare out of habit just to be sure, but then back to her.

"I was coming to see if you needed any help around here. I can muck stables if I have to, but... see, I can help with foaling, training, and everything. Been bartering riding lessons, but I figure I can do better here even if you take a percentage. Thought we could help each other out.

"Anyway, you're the best in town, and if I'm going to work for someone else, I want it to be the best. Also, some of those younger knights... have you seen what they call riding?" He grinned.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Everleigh on June 17th, 2010, 6:56 am

10th day of Summer, 510 AV

After blindly exploring part of the city, Ever stumbled across a crusty old man who pointed her in the direction of a stable. "Fine mount you got there," he said as he patted her neck. "Dirty too. You look lost my dear. The Windmount Stables is what you need. You'll find it a ways down this road." Waving a hand at the road ahead he continued, "Serena may even hire you to help out around the barns. Well, I must be off. Safe travels." He walked away without another word leaving Ever speechless. He was so caught up in setting her in the right direction that he never gave her the chance to speak let alone say thank you. She shook off the odd meeting, her eyes shifting from a wary yellow to a soft brown and continued down the path.

Starlight followed close at her heels as she hesitantly walked into the stable yard. The familiar stench of animals brought tears to Ever's eyes. Her mother's sweet voice and her father's strong hands flashed through her mind causing her eyes to change to a deep turquoise as she reminisced of home. The mare nudged her softy with her snout, her eyes, full of silent empathy, met Ever's and she forced a weak smile in reply.
Everleigh
Player

Words: 3424
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2010, 3:57 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Mankros on June 18th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Mankros sighed and began breathing through his mouth as he stepped through the stable's doorway. "Hello, my name is Mankros, and I would like to speak to Serena," he called out.
Mankros
Player

Words: 3407
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on July 10th, 2010, 8:23 pm

1st of Summer - Samael

Serena tried very hard not to smile at that, but she didn't quite manage to keep her amusement (and agreement) out of her eyes. She finally ducked her head and gave a soft snort of laughter, not unlike the horses she cared for, as she led him over to a water barrel and proceeded to dunk herself up to the shoulders and wash off the mare's viscera.

"Remember who butters your bread, Sam," she chuckled, touching a fingertip to the side of her nose. "Which is not to say that I couldn't use a hand teaching some of the younger ones how to ride. I've heard good things about your work, too. I tell you what, I'll start you off at three gold a day for teaching, and whatever tips they wish to give you are yours to keep. If you do well this season, we'll see about getting you a little more next season," she said with a smile, grabbing a towel as she made room for Sam to clean up. "And you can have a box for Horse so long as you carry your own weight around here," she added with a small smile.

10th Day of Summer - Everleigh

After a half-minute, one of the stablehands came by with an armful of hay and noticed the red-haired woman getting all teary-eyed in the middle of the yard. "You need something, missus?" the boy asked, eying her horse before he turned curious eyes on her.

OOC: Mankros, what is the timestamp on your scene? I'll have a reply up for you next. :)
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on July 10th, 2010, 8:46 pm

He laughed, glad they had a certain sort of humor and experience in common. The pay seemed more than fair to him, at least to start, and Horse would have a comfortable place to live, which was as important in the end.

"Sounds good to me," he said, dunking his arms into the barrel himself before putting out his hand to seal the deal.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mankros on July 14th, 2010, 1:26 pm

OOC: Timestamp is summer 6 AV 510, pretty much right after Trega sent Mankros to the stables to find a job.
Mankros
Player

Words: 3407
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 12:00 am
Character sheet

Postby Taeghen on July 17th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Timestamp: 16th of Summer, 510 AV

It had been nearly five years since Taeghen had last been to Syliras, but he still remembered his way around well enough. After passing through the gates Taeghen immediately made his way to the stables, needing a place to keep his horse while he was in the city. The last time he was in the city the place was still run by Conor Windmount, and to his knowledge still was.

Taeghen walked into the stables leading his gildling Sahiya behind him. He had always admired the place, a sprawling green pasture within a bustling city. Taeghen began to search for Conor, at first just looking around but after a while he asked one of the stablehands where the man might be. He was met with a look of shock and a stammered reply that Conor wasn't around anymore, and that he should probably talk to Serena. A bit confused, Taeghen proceeded to search for Serena instead, heading first to her office. If she wasn't there, he would look for her elsewhere.
So... My house was broken into while I was on vacation. Several valuables were stolen including my xbox, tv, my favorite sword, and obviously.. my computer. That's why I haven't posted in a while. Got a new computer now.. So I'm back. Will resume posting ASAP
Taeghen
Player

Words: 8421
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2010, 4:41 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kane Roth on July 22nd, 2010, 10:41 pm

9th of Summer, 510 AV, Midday

Already the sun had crawled higher than Kane would've liked, having slept almost too well the night prior, his sleeping tarrying far into the morning. So now he found himself running on directions from some of the local tavern-goers, each of them giving a different story on just how to get there, though they all agreed that the route to take would be to seemingly wander to the opposite side of the city from where it actually was and then weave your way through a series of backstreets, byways and alleys to finally come to the Stables, an oasis of green in a small lake of grey and tan. Soon enough he came upon it, a sprawling(for urban circumstances) emerald field, flanked by buildings and barns housing all range of creatures, not the least his own horse, and Kane felt understandably overwhelmed, not really knowing what to do, the simple suggestion from the night prior only being an idea, not much of a plan.

He made his way into one of the barns, looking mainly for a groom to point him in the right direction, though the only one to be found seemed much too busy attending to the animals' feed, and so Kane, turning his back on him, drew his attention, the young man asking after him, "Hey, what do you need?" Not expecting the boy to speak, Kane thought at first he'd imagined the words, another simple figment of his imagination, though it was soon confirmed, "You here for somethin'?" Replying in turn, Kane looked him, not wanting to appear rude,

"Yes, actually. I was looking for a job." Sighing as Kane spoke, the boy turned back to the steed he was feeding, looking a great deal more disinterested, his mind's focus having moved back to other matters,

"You'll need to speak with madam Windmount then..." Returning to the bale of hay he'd been fiddling with earlier, Kane's eyes betraying his irritation at the dismissal, though he soon continued, "You can probably find her at the small cottage on the rise, if not... well, she'll be in eventually." Well, Kane couldn't say he was attentive, though he probably wasn't paid to be... Giving his thanks, Kane took his leave of the man, allowing him to return to his work, and made his way to the 'rise', a slight hill that allowed one a better view of the establishment. Soon he'd come across what he assumed to be the cottage previously mentioned, a small, homey house built of stone and mortar. Standing for a moment or two nearby, Kane approached the wooden door and knocked three times in succession, hoping to arouse the attention of whoever dwelled within.
Kane Roth
Player

Words: 74098
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2010, 3:35 am
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on July 25th, 2010, 4:42 am

OOCHi, all! Since Sam is already employed at the Stables and Dusk has severely limited online time, I'll be helping you out with stuff on this thread.

Mankros

Sam looked up at the newcomer from where he was busy grooming a Tiaden warhorse for some knight too lazy or important to do it himself. His smile was cheerful enough, but he didn't cease in his work as he addressed the other man. The work wouldn't get done if he didn't do it, after all.

"Hullo. Serena's out at the moment. I'm Sam. Can I help you?"

Taeghen

Serena was rarely in her office and today was no different. While she was making a house call -- or stable call -- elsewhere in the City, she had Sam going through her office to find something or other. He hadn't yet had the gumption to tell her that he couldn't read. He did have a little pride left, after all.

"Hullo," he said when he saw the man approaching. "Serena told me to come in here," he added quickly, just to cover all his bases. It would be just his luck if someone came in just then, misunderstood and reported him to the knights. "Um, can I help you while she's out?"

Kane

Sam trotted up to Serena's cottage on a fine, powerful destrier that certainly didn't belong to him. Both he and the warhorse were filthy from doing advanced tricks that would likely keep the horse and its rider alive should there be a true battle. It was a little bit of his old Drykas training seeping into his work far from home.

He smiled brightly at the man.

"Serena's not in today. Might I help you?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext