Location [Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

Postby Stag Fern on October 20th, 2010, 10:51 am

50 Fall 510, A.V

After a succesful day in the Great Bazzar Stag heard a neigh, then two he didn't realize it but he found the Windmount Stables. Inside he saw horse after horse all neighing and eating hay. A woman approached Stag "Hello how may I help you I'm Serena Windmount i own the stables how may I help you" said Serena. Windmount huh so that's why they call it Windmount stables"Oh a yes hmm Well I do only know one type horse a Zavian do you have any" said Stag. "Why yes we do would you like to see" replied Serena and with that she showed him a few. Stag didn't quite know what to look for honestly al he stared at was the colour of the horse and gave a nod to all of them when a chestnut Zavian caught his attention. This Zavian looked like any other except for it's chestnut colour, white spotted rump and one right hind leg, spotted halfway. It looked at Stag and tried to bite his cloak it missed but it showed attitude as it tried to keep biting it.

Laughing Stag said "I want this one is it alright" "sure but that one is a little naughty for your sake I'll teach you a bit on how to ride it" replied Serena It was good for Stag because he had no knowledge on how to ride a horse. She showed him the basics of riding and let him try. Stag got on the horse with ease and slowly, nervously made the horse walk then to a little trot. After 30 chimes he had some knowledge on it but when he tried to dismount it wasn't the most graceful of dismounts. When he got back to his feet though he was huffing maybe shaking a bit but happy he must have had the biggest grin on his face or she wouldn't have giggled at him....or was it the fall maybe both he didn't care.
"Yup definenetly this one for sure how much for it" said Stag "100 Gold mizas would you also like some equipment Zavians are also stong horses" she said spying his backpack an all the other things he carried.

In the end of the day he was a happy man Alls ell that ends well He thought

Recipt :
Zavian=100gm, saddle=10gm, saddle bags=5gm, Halter and lead=1sm total =115gm and 1 sm
Stag Fern
Wildling

Words: 39022
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 9:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Nehsmay on October 21st, 2010, 6:25 pm

Nehsmay made her way inside the city. Everything was bustling with life and soon both Nehsmay and her Frostmarch Shade got carried away by a crowd towards unknown part of the city. Well to be honest to herself all of Syliras was unknown to the vantha. Shade neighed alarmed not used to the huge amount of people pressing on all sides.

"How is your son?" "Did you go shopping today?" Fragments of conversations came from all sides, but a certain question peaked Nehsmay's interest. "Are you heading towards the Windmount Stables?" Glancing at Shade she noticed that he was skittish enough as it was so she followed the person heading towards the stables hoping to find a comfortable place for her horse. She walked inside and a woman approached her.

"Hello I am Serena Windmount, may I help you?" Nehsmay glanced at Shade who had calmed down enough and asked. "I'm looking for a place to keep Shade while I remain in the city. Is it possible to do so here?"

"Certainly." Serena answered "It's 5 sm for stabling and 1sm for a bale of hay if you are interested.

"I am." The Vantha nodded and searched for some money in her backpack. "Here are 7gm for two weeks and 3 sm for the hay. Thank you very much." She then headed towards Shade and petted him. "I'll make sure to visit every day." The horse neighed happily and Nehsmay turned around certain that he was in good hands and left the stables.

Purchase :
7gm stabling, 3 sm hay

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on December 2nd, 2010, 8:15 am

He wasn't really sure why he had allowed himself to keep the creature at all. It had been a gift, by a grateful client of his who didn't know who he had been. He honestly didn't know anything about horses, or anything. The only reason he hadn't sold the horse then was because.....circumstances had resulted in him having to flee.

He had never really bothered to do anything, simply leaving him in the stables until he was needed, paying whatever was needed to be payed. He had a free moment, and remembered about the horse, so he had come to make it official.

Approaching the stables, he walked to the woman he recognized as Serena Windmount. "Hello there. I was hoping I could discuss selling my horse?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tabarnac on December 5th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Nyahna
Ulliver Windmount had been speaking to his cousin when the diminutive man approached them. Two pairs of quite similar eyes turned on him, but it was the man who spoke.

"You had best go deal with that, then," he told her, turning to the Dhani, "and I will discuss the horse in question with you."

Serena nodded and walked off, leaving her knighted cousin to speak to Nyahna. Ser Ulliver nodded to Nyahna.

"I am Ser Ulliver. Might I inspect your horse to see if it would fill any needs we might have?"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Stitch on December 7th, 2010, 12:50 am

Player NoteMod needed! <333
2nd of Winter, 510 AV. Approaching the Windmount Stables, two Zavian horses in tow.

He hated horses. He really did. He was probably the worst week of his life, and here, these animals were being disagreeable. It had been the same pattern for about an hour now. He would manage to drag them forward about two inches, with the blasted animals struggling against him as much as possible. He had a good grip on the reins, and he was assuming that the annoying bit in their mouths were the only reasons they were budging those few inches forward. After a few twists and tugs, he always managed to get them riled up enough that they scooted forward a bit. But, that was only the start. Getting them to move a few inches encouraged him, and then he would pull harder. After the two horses had decided that he was straining hard enough, they would suddenly prance forward, causing Stitch to take a rough spill onto the cobblestones.

They weren't really trying to be mean. They had grown fond of Stitch in the season they had lived in the backyard of the Welcome Home, no matter how cramped it was. He had taken them out with the children once, and there was that time they had gone on the adventure with him. He was one of the more amusing humans they had encountered, and they always liked to play pranks on him. He always reacted in a good natured way, and always seemed to cheer up just a bit, even if he wouldn't admit it. But he had been down in the past few days. They were just trying to cheer him up.

It wasn't working.

After the latest spill, Stitch had dealt with enough. With a growl, the blind man threw down the reins, now only a few dozen paces from the stable doors. "Fine! Have it your way! Stay right there, or run away! This one doesn't give a shyke!" The horses stopped instantly, prancing around in place, tossing their heads and fixing confused eyes on each other. They had never seen Stitch explode before. He had always been patient when dealing with them, and the children. He had always been patient with everything. What was wrong now?

Stitch stomped up to the stables, yelling out for Serena. "Milady Windmount! This one needs directions to a "Jaeden Kincade", this one does NOT want to sleep with him, and this one has two horses to sell. Or donate! Or trade! This one needs a new traveling companion, and these two infernal animals won't do!"

The horses whinnied behind him, prancing around a bit more. That had been mean. Stitch instantly whirled around, fixing a single pointed finger on them, growling once more. "This one is having a very bad day. Please don't make it any worse."
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 7th, 2010, 12:59 am

Stitch
Ser Ulliver watched the proceedings mildly from aways back, silently having a smoke while waiting for steam or smoke or some other alchemical reaction to issue forth from the man's ears. Leaning casually against the stable in a bit of shade where it was easier to people-watch unobserved, he took pity on the man as it would likely take him a bit of searching to prove that Serena was not on the premises at the moment, and that would likely compound his foul mood.

"Serena isn't here, good master," he called. "Nor is Master Jaeden. If you are looking for him, you'll have to comb the Wildlands or wait for him to show up. From what I understand, he is also frequently to be found at Soothing Waters."

Found there doing what was anyone's guess, but one could make an educated one quite easily.

"Is there something I can help you with?"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Stitch on December 7th, 2010, 1:35 am

Stitch turned, glancing over to Ser, a bit of an annoyed look flashing across his features. He just stood there for a few seconds, mumbling something to himself, and then quickly advanced to where the man was leaning against the wall. "Yes, milord. This one would like to sell these two horses, or perhaps trade them in for another. Or just give them to you, and pay full coin for another horse. These are a headache. And this one wants a different one for his trip. Is that something you can do?" He cocked a thumb over his shoulder to indicate the two Zavians, but his earlier antics made it pretty obvious which horses he was referring to.

He stood there for another moment, his blind eyes angled toward the man, the annoyance obvious on his features. Even if you couldn't see into his bandage-covered eyes, the man was like an open book. Every emotion he was feeling at the moment was clearly displayed on his face. Frustration, anger, and annoyance. If the man had ever met Stitch though, he would be able to read even deeper. No matter what had happened to the man, he would never be able to be openly rude to another human. All he had to do was wait a few more moments, and then...

"...this one is sorry, Milord."

Just like that, Stitch hung his head, his cheeks flaming red, his voice at a whisper. "This one didn't mean to take out his frustrations on you. This one just hasn't had a good day, and it seemed like anger would be the best way to vent. The horses helped. You however, have done nothing to invoke such a rude wrath. This one apologizes, again." Each word was spoken at a whisper, and as low as Stitch had his head hung, almost anyone would feel sorry for him. He was apologizing as if he had just stole something, or hurt someone. His voice was actually trembling. His shoulders were drooping. "Also, this one has already checked the Soothing Waters, and Milord Jaeden was not to be found there. A rabid fanbase was lurking around the waters, but not the actual man. Perhaps this one will just wait for him here."

It was one of those up and down days for the man, apparently.
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 7th, 2010, 5:13 pm

Stitch
"Any horses that belonged to Master Kincaid would likely drive an Ano Cultist to fits of pique," he acknowledged, nodding aside the blind man's apologies as if they were unnecessary. He had taken visual stock of the beasts while they did battle with the poor unfortunate, but now walked over to make a manual inspection in order to get a more informed idea of how much they were worth.

"You must be Master Stitch of the Welcome Home. I am Ser Ulliver Windmount," he said, polite as a knight was wont to be as he did his job. "Wither are you bound, goodman? I can better match you with a mount for your journey if I know what the terrain and climate are like to be, though you must know that winter travel won't be easy even with a well-suited horse."
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Stitch on December 9th, 2010, 6:36 am

Stitch hurriedly followed after the man, glancing his Auristic vision over to the horses. He hoped that they were still in as good of condition as when he had bought them. "They haven't been used much. This one used them to transport a few friends when we went on a trip to the Wildlands. We did most of the actual adventuring on foot, and these guys just lazied about outside. They haven't seen much action." Stitch gave one a gentle pet on the neck, begrudgingly giving the animal some love, even if the thing had been tormenting him for awhile. "They have been good horses, even with as many headaches as they give this one. This one and the children took them walking through Syliras often, but they haven't gotten much exercise otherwise. This one tried to keep them clean, too... But that was mostly done with buckets of water and soap. This one probably should have came here to ask for some help." The horses tossed their heads, eyeballing Ser as he examined them, prancing back and forth impatiently. It was obvious they were quite hyper.

Stitch was quiet for a moment longer, not wanting to bother the man as he examined the horses. As soon as he spoke though, Stitch quickly interrupted, the words strained and tense. "Used to be the owner of the Welcome Home, milord. This one is moving on. That is why this one is leaving." A smile had suddenly been pushed onto the face of the blind man, but it was quite forced. It was just there for the pretense of politeness, and one could easily tell it was false. He wasn't happy with leaving.

Speaking no more of the subject, and projecting an aura that screamed to leave the topic alone, Stitch hurriedly moved on to the next question. "Taldera, milord. This one would like to find a hardy horse. An intelligent one that can watch over this one, if possible. Something that this one can bond with. This one doesn't really like horses, but this one wants something special, something that he can give a chance." Stitch paused, rubbing his rump, smiling ruefully at Ser. "One with a smooth gait, if also possible."
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 9th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Stitch
The restive horses settled down a bit under Ser Ulliver's deft hands, allowing him to complete his examination without too much trouble at least. There was a way to deal with horses, and if these two were spoiled much longer, they would certainly develop terrible habits in need of more rigorous breaking. Finally he took a step back as if to get a better look at them, rolled back on his heels for a moment, hands on his hips.

"They aren't in the best of shape," he began. "Nothing that a bit of exercise can't remedy, of course."

He glanced at Stitch, a dark eyebrow raised. "Taldera in the winter? Are you sure you haven't committed a crime?" He shook his head.

"There's a Frostmarch for sale currently that has some Strider blood from two generations back, makes her smarter than your average Frostmarch, and prone to developing a relationship with humans that work with her. So not only would she have a bit of an instinct to look after you, but she'll have the instincts that will help keep you alive up in the snow drifts. If anyone can."
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext