Location [Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

Postby Stitch on December 16th, 2010, 4:39 am

Stitch nodded, his face twisting a bit in regret. "They would be out of shape, yes. This one barely got to pay them the attention they deserved. This one was a bit... busy. Especially all of last season." He reached up, giving the closest horse a pet on the neck, offering it a small smile. Now that he had gotten here, and was in the process of selling the beasts, he realized he might miss them. They had been reliable companions on the journey to the Labyrinth, and they had been good playmates for his orphan children.

The blind man cocked his head at the next comment, and offered Ser a rueful smile. "Is there such a thing as a criminal "on the run" in Syliras, milord? This one thinks that they are all jailed, or dead." He left that topic at that, and quickly moved on.

"A Frostmarch? This one assumes that they are good in the snow? Do you think that we will get snow? This one doesn't remember Syliras ever having enough snow to warrant a specialized horse!" Stitch voiced his concerns in a genuinely curious tone of voice. He had no idea what Taldera was like. He was really completely clueless.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 16th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Stitch
"Syliras itself doesn't get much snow, but the Knights range up into the north as well, where snow can become a very real problem. Northern Sylira and all of Taldera get fair colder, though precipitation will vary... Trust me, if you're traveling north in the winter, you'll want a horse that knows how to handle the climate. Like I said, this one is crossed with some other breeds, so she will be suited for local travel as well."

He sat back to let Stitch decide. He could only share his knowledge, but he wasn't much of a salesman, being more concerned with the Knighthood. There was no need to disabuse Master Stitch of the notion that the Knights were infallible where criminals were concerned either.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Stitch on December 17th, 2010, 3:01 am

Stitch slowly nodded, a tight-lipped smile crossing his face as he absorbed the information. "Thank you, milord. This one has never been outside of Syliras before, so this one isn't aware that the weather was going to be so dramatically different. This one will be sure to pack a few warm clothes, too. This one appreciates the info." The blind man gave a short little bow, physically signaling his appreciation as well.

Standing straight again, he reached to his side, and pulled out a rather fat coin purse. Opening it up, the obvious jingle of Mizas could be heard, as well as a flash of gold. He poured a few dozen of the Mizas out in his hand, and rattled them about, glancing up curiously at the Knight.

"How much will it cost?" Stitch cocked his head, and gestured toward the Zavians, along with the saddles they had on them. "You will buy the horses, correct? Will you accept the saddles too, or does this one need to take those to the Leather shop?"
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 18th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Stitch
Ser Ulliver observed the two Zavians for another assessing moment, although it was mostly for show. He knew horseflesh almost as well as his cousin.

"Two Zavians in need of exercise and a diet, with tack, for Mebahiah and her tack... We deal in all the accouterments of riding and caring for horses here... If you agree to the trade, I would owe you around fifty golden mizas to make up the difference." A canny Drykas horse trader might not offer such a deal, nor the extra information, but this one was a knight and bound by certain rules of conduct.

"Would you like to see her before making an agreement?"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Stitch on December 18th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Stitch cocked his head as the Knight offered a look at the horses, a slight flush running across his cheeks. Fentya always scolded him for being a bit too quick to make a purchase, and here he had been about to do it again. He bit his lower lip, quickly putting his purse back onto his belt, and nodded to Sur. "That would be great, milord. This one knows nothing of horses, but he should probably make an attempted evalution anyways. This one trusts your judgement, though."

Stitch motioned to the two Zavians, a rueful smile crossing his blind face. "You can go ahead and take those, milord. Regardless of if this one buys a horse or not, those two are still going to part from me here. This one appreciates you taking them off my hands, and giving them a good home."
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 18th, 2010, 9:23 pm

Stitch
At the flush, Ser Ulliver realized he had made a bit of a verbal blunder, though it seemed that Master Stitch could see in a sense, and he thought he had heard something to that effect anyway. He took the horses' bridles and said, "Come with me, then. We will see if you and Mebahiah get along. If she's as intractable with you as these two are, we might have to make a match based on simpatico rather than suitability for the terrain and climate."

The Zavians seemed to intuit that Ser Ulliver would brook no bad behavior from him, and came along as meekly as lambs. He handed them off to a stable boy, and put a courteous hand at Master Stitch's elbow to lead him into the mares' stable, and thence to a particular stall.

Mehabiah was munching on oats, and to an Aurist's eye, her aura would denote good humor, intelligence, and determination. Only a cruel rider would not get along with her. Stitch would not be able to enjoy the beautiful coat, so pale a grey as to be white.

"Mehabiah, meet Master Stitch. Master Stitch, this fascinating young lady is named Mehabiah... Her name has something to do with snow, but whether it's in Vani or Pavi, I have no idea."
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Stitch on December 18th, 2010, 10:04 pm

Stitch meekly followed after the Knight, giving himself a silent lecture. He was going to get ripped off by quite a few salesmen if he didn't bother to check out the product before handing over the Mizas. The man could have offered him a pony, and he would have walked away with whatever sum of Mizas that he named. That wasn't a good practice for Stitch to follow. He was going out into the wild now, to different regions and realms. He had to be a little more cautious, and a little less naive. He wasn't going to be within the safe walls of Syliras anymore.

As they approached the horse, Stitch automatically broke out in a small smile, delighted to see the horse had quite the nice personality. The humor was a good thing to see, although Stitch was a bit hesitant to be thankful for it quite yet. If she had a sense of humor that was anything like the former Zavians, Stitch would be in for quite the fun time. However, Stitch was definitely thankful for the intelligence. Stitch himself wasn't any kind of horseman, and would definitely need a steed that could help him along. If the horse was patient, it would be the complete package.

Stitch nodded, turning his head back to Sur. "This animal looks nice, milord. She seems to have a good personality, one that this one will welcome on a long trip. This one will take her."

The blind man gingerly held out a hand, leaning it over the stall walls. "Hello Mehabiah. It is nice to meet you."
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 19th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Stitch
"Very good," he said and then, after a moment's thought, "and please do yourself a favor and petition the knighthood for a guide at least to the borders of Sylira. You would be safe at least that far, and you might learn a thing or two about traveling before going off on your own."

Out of Character
  • -2 Zavians and tack
  • +1 Frostmarch and tack
  • + 50 gm
I don't know what your plans are for Stitch's journey, but if you would like it to be a moderated thread, I would be happy to do so. You just need to ask Dusk for permission for a guest moderator. Either way, have fun!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Dusk on December 23rd, 2010, 4:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE!

If there are any PCs who still have a job at Windmount Stables and would like to actually get your wages, please send me a PM with the correct information (you can find that in either the Rules for Posting or the OOC Announcements).

...that is all.

*skips around and plays with all the pretty ponies*
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Ozran Raenef on December 25th, 2010, 5:06 am

20th Winter 510AV
With a grunt, Ozran dismounted from his Painted mare Rinedy.It was obvious from his fiery hair and terrible Common that he was new in the area. One of the local women took pity on him and pointed him towards the best, and he assumed only, stable in town.Without her, he would have never known about the Windmount Stables' existence. He figured that it was his stature that made her even talk to him in the first place but for once he wasn't bothered. Short and 'cute' worked for him sometimes.

So to the stables he went. He led the docile Rinedy in by the reins. There were horses, but no stablehands in sight. Ozran let his horse idly sniff at a frostmarch near the door as he wandered further into the stables. She was too tame a horse to wander far.

"Hello?" Ozran yelled. He was rewarded with a muffled thud as something was dropped. A moment later a women appeared. He smiled widely at her and dropped a small bow.

"Yes? What do you need?" Serena said. She eyed his strange dress but didn't say anything about it. She had seen weirder.

"Greets to you, lady. I'm in the needing of a, a, 'house-thing' of short time for Rinedy."

"Rinedy being the horse and not you." Serena said, lips quirked in a slight smile. Ozran guffawed went to fetch his horse.

"Very funny, lady!Yes, this be Rinedy. She needing the 'house-thing' for 14 days, yes? With the straw to eat."

"That we can do for such a funny little man." Serena took the reins from him and led her to an empty stall. If she'd been a man he would have punched her lights out. But she was a woman, and she was pretty. Pretty ladies could call him what they liked. Ozran handed her the payment in total and bid her a 'goodly' day and left to explore the rest of Syliras.

Receipt :
(sorry if I worked this out wrong o-o)
Hay
1sm x 14=14sm+70sm=8GM and 4sm paid in total
Ozran Raenef
Player

Words: 2834
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2010, 11:03 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

PreviousNext