Location [Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Windmount Stables

Postby Hund on June 13th, 2012, 8:49 am

Season of Summer, Day 12, 512 AV

The sound of a slow clip of a heavy horse's hooves proceeds the arrival of a woman with a lost expression on her face. Her skin glistening with a sheen of sweat now, she had been going in circles through the city streets until her nose followed the scent of grain, hay, and horse manure. This was the stables, it was the closet thing to the farm she could get and that wasn't saying much. At least she could smell the grain and hay, something that pained her chest with a bit of longing to return to the fields.

However, she was not here to reminisce about the past, she needed to think about the future and that meant care for the elderly farm horse she perched upon. Titus seemed to pick up his lazy gait at the scent of food and water, his feathered legs of pure muscle still able to keep himself moving to this day. Hund though wasn't really practiced in riding though, she had just led him about as he pulled the plow through the dirt, churning it into neat rows of aerated soil. She bounced a bit haphazardly in the seat before she pulled the reins back a bit, drawing the old horse to a stop before the stables.

Dropping from the saddle, landing gracefully on her feet, more out of her animistic traits than any real training in the saddle. She watched a bit, a little in pain as she tried to focus on the woman coming to greet her. She was relieved that someone was here to help her, though this would likely be a difficult conversation since she could only really hold a decent conversation with her hands. Her odd gaze locked on the woman's mouth, watching it move to form words, glad that her former Master had taught her to read lips as the woman inquired what she needed.

Hund pointed to her horse, Titus, and then up at the sun, indicated a day then held up one finger, hoping her point got across. Luckily, it had, making her wonder if this woman had dealt with deaf people or even mutes. Further reading the woman's lips, Hund reached down into the pouch that was hidden under her tunic. Digging around for five SM, glad that she could do basic counting thanks to accompanying her Master to the market all these years. After the transaction was done, Hund faced Titus, gazing into his dark brown eyes. Nothing needed to be said, Titus understood that he was going into the care of another and that Hund would be back for him. With a smile, Hund rubbed his greying muzzle before removing her saddlebags from his back.

Handing the reins over to the woman at the stables, Hund turned and left to find lodging for her own self now...

---------------------------------

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Stabling -5 SM 99 GM & 5 SM
Hund
Freed Slave.

Words: 10619
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 7:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Valon Ternyk on June 30th, 2012, 11:50 am

Season of Summer, Day 13, 512 AV

The steady clop of hooves and the scuff of boots echoed along before the originators of the sounds made their appearance. The horse looked tired, but if anything, the man leading him by the reins looked even worse. Sweat rolled down the nape of his neck and over his face, his cheeks flushed. From time to time, he'd puff out his cheeks and exhale, but he didn't seem quite that tired that he would be panting. He simply walked along with his head down, glancing up from time to time only to make sure he was going in the right direction. Valon had gotten through the gates unscathed, and now he needed to find a place for Titan.

There would be no better place for him, and indeed no other place for his horse at the moment, than at Windmount Stables. He had been a little too lazy to mount back up after sliding down from the saddle in front of the knights, and when he glanced up again, his gaze stayed up. Those eyes of his, dark blue and shrewd for how tired he looked, glanced around for just a moment. His head jerked to the left after a few seconds of this calm surveillance, though. He tried not to call attention to the fact that he wasn't able to hear very well on his left, but his way of compensating was even more noticeable.

As odd as it seemed, though, he gave an amiable enough grin to the first person he saw in the stables. Conversation flowed quick and courteously, finally getting the price once he'd figured out how long he wanted Titan stabled for. "Two days," he said, holding up his middle and ring fingers on his right hand. His fingers, though, quickly folded down; he replaced the sign with the standard of index and middle finger. Only his father had ever shown him two like that. It was a habit he wanted to keep to himself. A single gold miza didn't seem like such a bad deal, either, for two days of stabling.

If he needed longer, he could always come back and pay more, he thought. It was a good deal. Valon stuck around just long enough to make sure that his horse was comfortable. His callused palm brushed up and down his nose for a few long moments, giving him a pat on that thick neck. He helped to get his tack squared away, turning to walk away as he was being fed. It warmed his heart to think that at least one of them was getting rested up and fed. Valon wasn't yet ready to call it a day, even after his travel. He needed to burn off that nervous energy that going without his herb for a while gave him. Now where to, he asked himself. His answer? Anywhere his feet took him.

----------------------------------

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Stabling -1 GM 99 GM
Valon Ternyk
Player

Words: 11707
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2012, 7:11 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Septimus on July 15th, 2012, 7:06 am

Summer 3rd, 512AV

Septimus swiftly entered the stables with a confident smile on her face. She hoped to gain some riding lessons or two, but she wasn't sure if they offered services for her specific need. But this was something that she really needed.

Contemplating whether or not to continue, she saw a few people looking at horses she supposed she not stick out like a sore thumb. She might could even manage to speak to some of the horses and boost their confidence a bit.

Thread Continued Here

Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Andresciel on July 29th, 2012, 9:55 pm

The Mage Knight moved slowly into the stables, his sapphire eyes glancing about before landing on Ser Ulliver, to whom he raised his hand in greeting. He smiled, moving up to the other Knight, laying his hand on the man's shoulder. "Greetings Brother. Have you any NightWalkers for sale this day?"

Ser Ulliver would nod at the other Knight showing him to a stable, "This one might be just to your speed." Inside was a beautiful black horse, catching Andre's eye as he smiles. "For you, only two hundred and fifty gold mizas." The Horsemaster stated as he turned to Andre. "And the cost of stabling and gear with be free."

Andre nods, removing the mizas from his cloak, and laying them on the counter. "And what name will you be using for your new horse, Ser Andresciel?" The Knight of the Stables stated.

"Storm. For that is what we shall be. A storm upon the battlefield, and our enemies." With that, he entered the stall to greet his new steed, patting the creatures neck. "Hello Storm."

PurchaseNightWalker - 250 GM
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on September 23rd, 2012, 12:52 am

26th of Fall, 512 AV

“Damnit Maras!” Crypt cursed at his Strider. “Why'd you have to embarrass me in front of so many people? You made me look bad!”

6thMaras merely walked on forward, lashing Crypt with his tail before his ears pricked up, and then he broke into a gallop.

“Hey, come back - So this is Windmount Stables. Wonderful.” Crypt gazed at the green pasture right in the middle of Syliras.

“Hello there, stranger! What do you need?” Serena walked over to Crypt, leading a small bay pony.

“Right, to the brave goes the spoils, so just say it straight.” Crypt spoke to himself.

“I am looking for a job here at Windmount Stables. I can do most anything to take care of horses. I don't mean to boast, but I grew up as a Drykas; me mam was one. I grew up among horses, so I'd say I have some experience. I'm Looking for perhaps a few silver mizas a day, I don't know whether I'll be staying in Syliras 'til the end of Fall.”

“And where is your Strider, O masked Drykas?” She questioned of him.

“He's... Ah... currently indisposed.” He raised his left hand and pointed behind her. She turned, and was greeted by the sight of a majestic black steed rolling on his back on the green grass just like a foal. She chuckled merrily, before turning to Crypt.

"Take off your mask."

"What?" Crypt questioned.

"I said, take off your mask. I want to have a good look at any potential stablehands I'm hiring."

Crypt took off his carved mask slowly and hung it by his side.

"Hmmm..." She looked over his face for a few seconds, before turning an appraising eye to Maras, who was having a short gallop 'round the Stables.

"That's a fine horse you have there. Coat's all nice and glossy, the mane isn't all tangled up, the physique's one of the better ones I've seen. All right, I'll take you on. On a provisional basis."

She raised a hand to forestall the question Crypt had on his lips.

"I haven't seen the quality of your work, so I'll be watching you work for a week perhaps. If you do it well, the job's yours for the rest of the season, maybe even more. I'll pay you 8 silver mizas a day until I'm satisfied with the quality of your work, then it'll be up to 1 gold miza a day. Alright?"

Crypt nodded his head in agreement. It was more than he had thought he would be paid.

"Thanks, ma'am. Where should I start now?"

"My, you're an eager one, aren't you?" Serena grinned. "Well, you can start right now by helping to shovel out all that manure." She pointed to a long row of stables, from which a pungent and not enticing aroma emerged. She laughed as Crypt's face went pale.

"This is going to be a long day..."

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Abel Knight on February 22nd, 2013, 5:59 am

Abel made his way through Syliras, he still couldn’t believe it was such a big city, he was here to look for a job, he thought about a tavern but when he saw the stables needed help, he thought it would be a perfect job for him. Simon was on his shoulders, he set there like a very good monkey, looking at everything that passed. He walked and noticed the stables and rushed over to them, Simon looked at the place again and remembered seeing other different horses.

Abel entered the stables and found the woman he was looking for, “Excuse me again miss. I was in here just the other day; you took great care of my horses. I would like to apply for a job.” he said with a smiled and petted one of the horses. “My name is Abel Knight; I’m a Drykas from Endrykas, so I know a little bit about my horses.” he laughed again and then he looked down and remembered he wasn’t wearing a shirt, “O, I’m sorry, I don’t like shirts as much, along with shoes, also, this is my monkey Simon.” he said looking down at his feet and again laughing.

The woman looked at the man, “hello, Abel, my name is Serena, I run this place with my cousin, Ulliver. A Drykas would be nice to have around the place. Sure. I pay 1gm.” she said and stuck out her hand for a shake. Abel smiled and shook her hand; Simon laughed and jumped down to the ground looking around. Serena showed Abel around, and introduced him to Ulliver, and the horses. He loved the place; she told him he could keep his horses there for free. They talked for a while, and Abel could start right away, he smiled. After a moment of talking, Abel went to work, he was also allowed to set his tent up on the ground over in the far corner. Abel was so excited all the horses were beautiful and he was just happy.
Abel Knight
Player

Words: 4885
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 7:17 am

Postby Serynia on February 16th, 2014, 10:51 am

90th Day of Winter, 513 A.V.

Crossing into the Windmount district, Serynia could smell the stench of horse manure that signaled that the stables were close. Upon arriving, she flagged one of the stablehands and queried him, "Who should I speak to in regards to purchasing a horse?"

The stablehand replied, "Serena is busy right now so you'll be wanting to speak to Ser Ulliver. He's in the third barn over there."

Serynia made her way over to where the stablehand had indicated. Ser Ulliver was tending to one of the horses in the stalls but looked up when the Konti woman approached. "What can I help you with?" he asked.

"I'm looking for a riding horse. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to riding though. What kind of horse would you recommend?"

Ser Ulliver gestered to the white mare who's mane he had been brushing. "Why this Windrunner would be perfect for you. Her name is Storm. She's fast but gentle...perfect for a beginning rider."

Approaching the horse slowly, Serynia placed her hand on the mare's nose. The mare whinnied at her touch. "I'll take her. How much?"

"Windrunners go for 75 gold mizas. Then a full set of tack...blanket, hood, saddle, bit, bridle, halter, lead, saddle pad and saddlebags...you'll also want to buy some feed and hay. So you're looking at an additional 26 gold, 2 silver, and 5 copper mizas."

Serynia paid Ser Ulliver the amount he requested. I can't believe I just bought a horse, she thought. Now I just need to learn how to ride it.
Serynia
healer, wanderer, aspiring wizard

Words: 33163
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2014, 9:44 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rion Whitestone on May 12th, 2014, 10:47 pm

23rd day of Spring, 514 A.V.

It was only a matter of time before Rion ended up here. How could he have possibly thought he had a chance in the wild if he didn't even have a means of transportation? And even if he did somehow manage to do it, what, was he just going to walk all around the globe. He needed a faster means of travel. Plus, a horse might make good company.

So that's how Rion found the Windmount Stables. It was one of the few places Rion had to be exposed to enter, both because it was much too warm to wear his hood and his mask made the horses a bit uncomfortable. So all he could do was cross his fingers and hope nobody recognized him.

At the Stable's entrance, Rion was greeted with the fowl scent of horse and stable. Wrinkling his nose is distaste for a moment, he looked around for a stable hand and instead found the owner herself - or really, one of the owners. When he told Serena he was looking for a horse, she led him to the third barn, where all the horse for sale were.

When she asked if he had any particular preferences, his only answer was "I'll know it when I see it." He new little to nothing about horses so he relied on Sera's advice and his gut to find his new steed. Glancing over several horses and forgetting the names within seconds of being told them, Rion eventually found one that his gut told him was the right choice.

It was called a Kavinka Paintedmount, a horse used for several different purposes that originating from Syliras. This particular horse had a cow-like design of brown patches on a white hide. Its mane was of medium length and held a combination of blonde and dark purple locks. Rion assumed it must have been styled by a stablehand.

Stepping up to the stall, the horse gave a soft greeting Rion assumed was meant to be friendly. "Hey there," Rion greeted back. "I'm Rion. Nice to meet you." Leaning against the gate, Rion heard the horse give a snort in response. That was moments before he decided to buy it.

He didn't know what it was about this horse that made it so special, but his gut told him he was looking at his new traveling partner. Turning to Serena, he said "how much?" and was surprised by how cheap Kavinka Paintedmounts were. But that wasn't all he'd be purchasing at the stables. On Serena's recommendation, he also bough a blanket & hood, a saddle, a bit & bridle, saddlebags, a halter & lead rope, a bag of feed, and hay.

Altogether, it cost him around 125 gold mizas. But he had to fork over an extra 5 sm in order to pay for stabling. He couldn't actually leave with his horse until he learned to ride it. After giving Serena the money, he turned again to address the horse. "Well, I guess you and me are gonna be traveling partners now." After consulting Serena, Rion thought it would be okay to walk into the stall and meet the horse face to face.

Opening the gate, he walked up and put a hand to its thick hide. "Wow, you're a lot larger up close than I thought. Makes me feel kind of short." Looking again to Serena, Rion decided to ask about the horse's gender. It was female.

"A female, eh? Still doesn't mean I can't give you a strong nickname. I mean, just calling you by your breed is too much. But I can't for the life of me think of a good enough one." Shrugging it off, Rion decided to worry about that later and said goodbye to Serena and the horse. His next stop, to learn how to care for a horse.

Purchase :
1 Kavinka Paintedmount - 80 gm
Blanket & Hood - 8 gm
Saddle – 10 gm
Bit & Bridle – 2 gm
Saddlebags - 5 gm
Halter & Lead – 1 sm

Total - 105 gm, 1 sm
"Wherever the wind takes us!"

Common Speech
Common Thoughts
Common Whispering
Vani Speech
Vani Whispering
Fratava Speech
Fratava Whispering
Rion Whitestone
The strangest farmer you will ever meet...

Words: 31284
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2014, 3:35 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Jubilation on July 30th, 2014, 11:55 am

Walking into the barn, Jubilee called out. "Um, anyone here?" She asked, looking around.
"I am." A girl walked up to Jubilee. "I'm Serena. What can I do for you?" She asked. When Jubilee told her she was looking for a horse, Serena nodded and led her into another barn, with all the horses. Looking at all of them, Jubilee's eyes stopped at one horse. It was beautiful. It's body was completely black, while it's mane and tail where gold. Jubilee pointed at the horse, asking about it.
"Oh, that there is a Firemane. It sells for 250 GM. They're pretty rare too." Serena told her. Jubilee looked at it. The horse's head was held high, as if in a prideful stance. Jubilee smiled.
"I'd like to buy him, please." She told Serena. Serena smiled.
"Okay, but I must say, he's pretty stubborn. And very prideful. Good luck getting along with him." She said as she took the horse out of its stable and in front of the barn, which Jubilee following behind. "I'll get him set up for you." Serena said and walked away to go get the equipment.
"Hi," Jubilee said to the horse. He just seemed to stare at her, as if inspecting her. Jubilee smiled. "I'm not the best rider, so go easy on me, hm?" She asked. The horse just snorted.
When Serena came back with all the horse equipment in her hands and got the horse ready for riding, she gave Jubilee a lift onto the horse. "So, what are you going to name him?" Serena asked after Jubilee was sitting on the horse correctly. Jubilee thought a bit.
"Yorokobi." She said and looked down at the horse. "Do you like that name?" She asked. He just snorted. Jubilee nodded and smiled. "Yorokobi it is."
"So, are you happy with your horse?" Serena asked.
"Yes, yes I am." Jubilee smiled.
If I want anything from this cruel world we live in, It is to see the beauty in even the ugliest things. And until that day comes. I will not die. I refuse to die. And you can count on that.
Jubilation
Death shall not take thee!

Words: 8916
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2014, 7:58 am
Character sheet

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 8th, 2015, 4:24 am

Ferrin
Fall 90th 515AV

1st Bell in Afternoon

A young hunter, Ferrin came walking towards the Stables. The day is cool, more so chilly then freezing. Ferrin should buy some new clothing perhaps that fits more with the winter season. Long sleeves maybe? Better looking pants too. Ferrin smiled at the thought of buying clothes. Usually his mother would do the shopping, she always knew what Ferrin would like and what he would not like to wear. His grey Zavian companion knickered as they neared a large set if wooden barn doors. Ferrin rubbed the horses mane, soothing the horse to make it calm down. Even though it wasn't as loud as a cry, Ferrin didn't want to disturb the peaceful quietness of this region. Their feet crunching leaves and snapping twigs as the two walk about. The light shines a dull like glow, warm when one stands through it. Cool when out. Cyprus knickered again. And this time the doors opened up as if Cyprus was saying "Open Sesame!" But too bad that no one can understand horse. Besides horse Kelvics.

A young looking lady came out from behind the doors. Tending to look busy. She had a rake in one hand and a bucket in the other. Her orange like hair tied behind her probably to keep things less problematic. "Yes? May I help you?" The young lady asked. Ferrin stopped trying to pet Cyprus as if the plan has never been working. Even though the stallion stopped, it wasn't because of Ferrin."Um yes actually. I would like to have my good pal Cyprus here to have a place to stay please?" Ferrin asked simply, yet in more of a concerned manner. "Oh yes certainly. There is always room for the horses. Can I get your name please?" She replied calmly. There young lady placed her things carefully against the outside wall of the barn door. She came over to the two companions and greeted them. "The name is Serena." "Ferrin, Ferrin Al'Mandrikan. And this is Cyprus." Serena smiled and shook hands with b Ferrin.

" Nice to meet you two. So you were asking for a place for Cyprus then? And for the season?" Ferrin nodded with a smile and a nod."Yes, how much would that be?" Serena did the calculations."Well that would equal up tol; and if your including feed. It will be 47 Gold Mizas for the Stabling + 5 Gold Mizas for the feed. In total that would be 52." Ferrin nodded. By this rate hell have nothing left. He'll need to find a job for the winter soon. Or else his bankruptcy will get the best of him. He will get paid by the end of the season though so the money can be made up. And plus its not like he will not get anything for the rest of his life."Here you go." Ferrin replied after handing Serena the money."I'll take good care of him. Don't you worry Ferrin." Ferrin nodded and patted the stallion on the mane once again. He turned after saying his goodbye, and started walking off glad that he managed to get a lot of things accomplished within a day. Putting away his things; carrying them from the Heralds Arms to the Traveler's Row, and getting a place for Cyprus to stay at. He'll possibly take a nap and then head out for something to eat.

Ledger-52GM I will put this in my seasonal expense tab.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2