Location [Syliras Location] Housing Authority

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Housing Authority

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on April 30th, 2010, 12:16 am

508 AV Spring 50

His name was Nosferious Kainetu and nicknamed himself Noka. He came into the town of Syliras many years ago, taking refuge in a small home that sized at only a total of three hundred feet in a poorly designed rectangle and was crafted from an unused storage.

As he opened his eyes, his nose filling with the scent of hay and old fruit, his eyebrow twitched upon this daily routine. Noka had grew tired of this daily routine, his eyes faded with dark bags, having not rested well upon his bed composed of poorly stuffed hay, a thin layer of cloth, and dank scent of whatever soaked in it during the last rains.

As he got up, he reached over to the table nearside, grabbing his quill. Slowly he scooted over towards the edge of the bed, hanging over the end of the table with a poor smile held on his face. His hand flipped open a book, half its pages filled with poor writing and some tries at fancier designs in the art of writing. He dabbed his quill into a nearby inkwell, then began writing on the right side, dipping his quill a few more times in between the works.

508 AV Spring 50.
I have lived in this putrid home for too long as it is. I must try and speak with them before I go mad at the undesired smells around me. They have agreed to see me today and thus I must do my best to make my dream come true. I only pray this night my final night here. Wish me luck my friend. Wish me luck in teaching others how to create more of you. Wish me luck in teaching them the literary arts.

Noka blew on the page to dry the ink, some drops on the pages moving ever so slightly, distorting the letters a bit before finally drying. As he stopped blowing on them he closed the book, laying his quill down and standing up with a stretch.

He was a thin man, his form seeming unfit for any form of labor, and unusually pale for any man. He mumbled a bit to himself, rubbing his shoulder from an uncomfortable night before walking over to the foot of his bed and lifting the old worn out chest open. An undesired scent of fruit drifted from it. Many people found the smell nice but he did not, more so because he had to live in the smell, rather enjoy it as most would.

Noka reached in the corner of the chest, pulling out a new cotton shirt and pants. He slipped them on, buttoning up the shirt with a smile slowly growing wider across his face. Afterwards he bent down once more, grabbing a long green robe and sash. The robes slipped on easy enough, holding it closed as he wrapped the sash around him.

He walked back over to the side of the bed and taking a seat, grabbing a pair of shoes from underneath and slipping them on. He tapped both heels twice against the ground, the shoes shifting a bit into a more comfortable possition as he did. His hands raised up to his face, slapping both sides so that he could wake up before grabbing several books and slipping each into his pockets.

It did not look too lumpy surprisingly, the robe still seeming to flow. Now he was ready, his smile seeming to get brighter and brighter with anticipation. As he stepped out he did not walk, but instead began jogging, even with the numerous books of his coat.

Noka jogged all the way there, wishing everyone he passed a happy day with what was now a grin. Finally he reached the door one of the many knights passing through it. Once more Noka wished the person a good day as he had with all others before entering.

He came upon Tenner, still holding his smile. With a quick greeting he added with a quick haste, excited by the idea of what may come, "Sir, Tenner Nigriso of the all honerable knights. I pray well you remember me, as I have come to speak with you about a subject of grave importance to me." he began, his hands fixing his robes a bit from the previous jog, "I have long since lived in this domain, working many odd jobs to earn my keep but today I come asking for one in particular. With your acceptance of the idea, I Nosferious Kainetu, wish to become a teacher!"

As he declared this his face became even brighter a shine, praying well for good news from this announcement. Holding firm to his robes before adding one last thing, "You should know well I have done what I could to help those who needed to learn. I taught them the basics of what I could during my free time, and I love doing it. Please honor me with this request I make today."
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Words: 20391
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2010, 7:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on April 30th, 2010, 3:53 am

Tenner barely made it out of his chair before the man started rushing headlong into his declarations and requests, and he couldn't quite keep himself from grinning at the man's enthusiasm.

"Yes, yes, Noka, right? Please, have a seat," he chuckled, waving him into the chair on the other side of his desk as he returned to his seat. "Now, you wish to teach you say? What sort of experience do you have, and what were you thinking of teaching?"

His smile was encouraging, friendly despite his somewhat craggy features, and there was something about Tenner that gave Noka the impression he'd be more than happy to discuss this all day if he thought the man might be helped by it.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on April 30th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Nosferious shifted in his robes, seeming to have long last settled down. Pausing for a minute Noka too a deep breath, shifting once more to get comfortable before speaking, "I have long since held facination with the written language. It's uses being able to be incorperated in many things, but of course, it would not be the only thing. As I teach things like writing, I too would wish to study, learning of the many things out there, and being able to teach others what I discover."

He paused again, his bright smile lessened a bit as his mind thought for a moment before taking another breath, "There are many bright minds here. They cannot achieve their potential until they understand exactly what they are capable of doing. Imagine it, people who had a natural talent to write grand books but never learned to write and instead remain building nothing but barrels. Great books can bring great commerce, new found knowledge can shift jobs and bring people into better positions suited for what they are able to do well. This would also raise efficiency in even lower workers who simply drag carts around or care for the shops under service to the owner."

He paused finally taking his breath again, his smile growing again before starting yet once more, "I want to be that person. I want to be the one who teaches them. I have done what I could to teach others simple basics of things without it being my job and discovered how greatly I loved to teach them. I am probably not suited to be the best of teachers, but I am at the very least suited to teach someone how to become better then me."

He gave a bow, now to the point where he needed to really catch his breath. Between the jog and the long winded speech, he now seemed tired, as though having ran laps around the town. Finally he caught one last breath before standing up with dignity before speaking one last thing. An honest fact about what happened before, "My sincerest apologies for my current condition. I was so excited at just the mere possibility of being a teacher that I ended up jogging here." He prayed this the last blow to prove his interest in this choice career.
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Character sheet

Postby Dusk on May 1st, 2010, 3:26 am

The Knight chuckled again, rubbing at the stubble on his cheeks as he let the man run himself out of words. When Noka popped out of his chair again, Tenner grinned, amused by his enthusiasm, and waved him back down.

"Sit, sit! If you've so excited yourself, better you relax and take a moment then go running off before I have a chance to reply," he chuckled. He called his page over, a boy of about thirteen who took the order for refreshment and quickly returned with a glass of water for Noka and a small plate of apple slices.

"So you'd be looking to teach reading then? We've got a schoolhouse set up, but we're always looking for good teachers. It's usually just mothers who work there, not much more than caretakers who teach what they can - which we're grateful for, of course," he said quickly, lest Noka get the wrong impression. "But, well... no offense, but most of them time the scholarly-type men are more interested in the less savory pursuits of magic. You're not a sorcerer, are you?" he asked quietly, eyes suddenly sharp and piercing.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 1st, 2010, 3:43 am

He accepted the water gratefully, quickly taking a drink to help him perk up once more. After a second a question was asked, causing Noka to place down his drink and stare back at the piercing gaze. His too held a sign of something, not of offense, but instead of experience. "My father took up magic and brought it to my interest as a boy. He would manipulate the flame as though nothing, and within not even a year of his new knowledge, my home was burned down by that flame."

This caused his eyes to shine for a moment, a slight despair of his past which was quickly shaken off as he reached for an apple slice, eating it quickly. "I would not judge one who would learn the arts, however, I would dare not dabble in it myself out of fear of what it will leave me with again. Nothing."

Noka bowed his head, reaching into his robe and pulling out a book. It was a really common book, of which taught the art of gadget creation, "I have yet to open any books of mine except a diary, but the interests I hold are in the complexity of non-magical arts." After showing this, he returned it to his robes, a smile grown on his face, "I pray this was a satisfying enough answer?" he asked, almost sarcastically as he reached for another apple slice to eat.
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Character sheet

Postby Dusk on May 1st, 2010, 4:12 am

The knight chuckled, and nodded. "Aye, well enough."

He opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a ledger as wide as his torso, cracking it open to the ribboned bookmark in the middle. It revealed a layout of all of Stormhold Castle, spread over several pages, tiny boxes with thousands of notations. He mumbled to himself as he searched through the pages, before finally pressing a fingertip to one of the pages. "Ah, yes, here we go. I see you've the old storage room?" he said, nodding to himself. "Well. It's a bit of a far trek across the castle for that. The teaching suites are here," he said, turning two pages and pointing to a complex set of rooms much larger than Noka's. "The dorms we've got set up there are for the women, really, but I can move you to a better room, here?" he said, indicating something just around the corner from it. "Used to belong to a candlemaker, but she married so the room's been empty a few weeks. It's not any bigger, but it's got a little window," he chuckled, glancing up at Noka, "up at the top of the wall. Too high up for a view, but it'll give you a bit of fresh air. And after being in your room for the last few years, I imagine that's a good step up."

He smiled and leaned back, nodding to himself again. "We'll pay you a wage of, let's say, two gold per day, same as the rest of the teachers. We'll give it a few years, see how the children progress, and then we'll review everything and see if any changes are needed. How does that sound?"

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Nosferious_Kainetu on May 1st, 2010, 4:44 am

Noka remained silent for a moment, his hand slowly shifting back to the water to take another drink. He seemed to be deep in thought, eyes closed to ponder the proposal. He placed the drink back down, slowly opening his eyes as he came to his conclusion. "Yes, this seems most satisfactory." he says in a calmed voice before looking back at you.

Carefully he stood from his chair, taking your hands as a binding agreement, "I will happily accept this. I pray you do not mind me moving immediately, more then happy of course to be removed from that storage." He sighed there, rubbing the bridge of his nose between two fingers, thinking of his times in that living quarter.

Quickly he signed a paper and walked out the door, his shoulders suddenly shaking violently. Within a split second, his entire body moved chaotically, cheering out in joy before leaping down the halls, making bounds across long stretches of floor.

A knight crossing this hall was unfortunate to be in the way at this second, causing Noka to grab at the knights arms, spinning both of them in a strange dance, "A great day it is to be alive!" Noka exclaimed, the knight yelling at the crazy man who was off again and out the door.
Nosferious_Kainetu
Syliran Teacher

Character sheet

Postby Aedai on May 2nd, 2010, 10:20 pm

510 AV Spring 34

Aedai had reached the city of Syrilas soon and found himself lost and out place. He looked like a traveler himself helping a rather old lady into the city. The old lady of course is his mother, with her own bags to carry. His mother had told him not to bother with asking anyone where to get a home. He decided against it and asked around.

He didn't get a clear answer until he finally asked a Knight who directed him in the right direction. He gave his thanks and headed for what they called the Housing Authority Office in the Castle. It took him some time to get to the office but when he did he only felt relief. "I find myself really lost in a city that seems wilder than the Bronze Woods", he said to himself as he approached the door to the Housing Authority Office.

The door was closed and his father always taught him that when a door was closed, and you were on the outside part of it then you must knock on the door. It would be rude to barge in, and so as his father taught him he knocked three times on the door and waited with his mother close behind him tapping her foot on the ground. "It is the noise", she said, "that is why me and your father lived in a cottage in the forest".

Aedai heard his mother and agreed silently to himself.
Last edited by Aedai on May 12th, 2010, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aedai
Herbalist

Words: 31065
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on May 3rd, 2010, 2:05 am

The door to the office was really only closed when the office was closed - or when the Knights who worked there were on break. Which was the case now, but the door still opened a few moments later.

Tenner himself pulled open the door, a napkin still tucked into the front of his shirt from where he'd been eating lunch. He'd sent his assistant and page off to enjoy their meals elsewhere and agreed to watch over the office; a rare enough treat for them that they'd skipped off without question.

The Knight's craggy face stretched into a friendly smile as he peered at the man and the older woman. "Yes? Can I help you?"

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Aedai on May 3rd, 2010, 2:52 am

As soon as the door opened, the first thing Aedai noticed was that it was a knight in position. Aedai didn't know anything about a knight, but he would guess that they were important people in Syliras. He also thought of them to be kind, or the one he had met so far anyhow. He took a quick glance at the crumb filled napkin on the man's shirt, then gazed up into his smile. Aedai always had a calm face, but with the recent death of his father it was a little hard to hold his patience. Especially with the tapping of his mother's foot.

"Yes", he nodded, "I was looking for a home for me and my mom". He reached for his bag and grabbed a two pounches filled with coins. "I'm not sure what it costs to buy a home for a mother and her son," he paused a moment, "but this is pretty much what I got." His mother stopped her tapping for a moment as she stared at the wall but soon switched to her other foot to continue her impatient tapping.
Aedai
Herbalist

Words: 31065
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext