Location [Syliras Location] Housing Authority

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Housing Authority

Postby Aedai on July 21st, 2010, 3:10 pm

11th of Summer, 510 A.V.

The large crowd, the city filled with people passing here and there and a knight at every corner. Aedai had began to adapt to Syrilas since spring and he slowly had gotten over the fact that he had lost his fathers' weapon to recklessness. He had also gotten depressed over the fact he couldn't bury his father's corpse since the Kriital took it instead. That was what Sam had called it, a Kriital, and it seemed like it enjoyed a rotten corpse rather than a a fresh one. Though for the moment that did not matter because Aedai simply wanted to know of a way where he could learn more about this magic, Projection.

He entered into the Housing Authority hoping Sir Tenegriso was there. He had some questions for him in case he knew of another source with information about Projection. Stepping through the open doors, he noticed a few people waiting and he himself was just in line. He crossed his arms and waited in patience, hoping it would not take long.
Aedai
Herbalist

Words: 31065
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on July 23rd, 2010, 3:23 pm

Aedai

The people who were waiting were seen to, some taking longer than others but most seeming to leave satisfied. When it was finally his turn, the receptionist smiled and waved Aedai into the familiar office.

"Hello again," Tenner said with a warm smile, standing up and offering a hand to him. "Don't tell me you're unhappy with the room already?" he said with a laugh.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Aedai on July 23rd, 2010, 6:42 pm

As soon as the receptionist told him to head inside the office he did so thanking her and entered the room. It looked the same and hadn't changed at all except for his mother being there the first time. Aedai smiled and shook his head before sitting down on the same seat as last time. "No the room is fine", he said laughing a bit, "I just came by since I did say I would come by again". He didn't know whether it was rude to just pop out with what he wanted but he believed the quicker he got it over with the quicker the knight would be done with him.

Sir Tenner was surely busy with other things so a question should be quick. He breathed in slowly knowing magic wasn't welcomed in Syrilas but there was no harm in asking if there was any other direction he could be pointed to. "I'll be quick about this since I'm sure your busy. I wanted to ask you if there was anyone else who knows about Projection? Maybe some place else?" He asked Sir Tenner almost mumbling the last bit since he didn't know any other places he could go for Projection besides the one he currently lived in.

"I was also curious to know what a Page is", he was confused the first time he heard the word Page from Sir Tenner. He might just ask him what a Petching Berry is.
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 26th, 2010, 7:28 am

15th of Summer, 510 AV

A small hooded woman stepped through the threshold of the housing authority. Her eyes seemed confused as she looked about the area. People were standing about, some looking annoyed, others off in their own little worlds. Her hands moved to displace the hood on her cloak, exposing her obvious Konti blood. The young woman looked about, dazed.

Oh, of all the times to wish for home, Ora, you pick now. Her eyes shut for a moment before she looked about again. Maybe it's best I wait till some calls? Her face scrunched as she thought, her fingers fiddling with her sack.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on July 27th, 2010, 3:37 am

Aedei: 11th of Summer

Tenner settled into his seat and folded his hands atop the desk, eying Aedai with a sort of mild curiosity that was surely meant to be entirely non-threatening. Not that Tenner ever came across as threatening, but he at least had the capacity, by dint of his job alone, to be intimidating - but he was not doing so now.

"Still on about projection, huh?" he chuckled, shaking his head a bit. "Might be better off talking to a ghost, they're supposed to be dash cunning at it," he laughed, mostly joking. It was true of course - but Tenner didn't put much stock in magic, and so he didn't take it very seriously. He recognized that other people did, but he simply wasn't one of them.

"As to what a page is," he said, smiling a little more warmly now that they were back on territory he recognized, "it's the first step for children who will enter the Knighthood. Jinson, for instance, became my page on his seventh birthday. It's a way for the younger sons and daughters of Syliras to be involved at an early age. When they turn thirteen, which Jinson will in a few seasons, they become Squires. If an adult wishes to join the Knights, though, they begin as Squires," he explained patiently.

Ora: 15th of Summer

The few people who were ahead of Ora were seen to, and a few more drifted in behind her, but eventually it was her turn. The receptionist waved her into the back office, and Sir Tenner himself stood behind his desk and smiled warmly in welcome.

"It's not often we get someone from Mura in our office," he said, knowing better than to offer a hand - it made some Konti uncomfortable, as their gifts might be tied to touch - and simply motioned for her to take a seat in the armchair across from his desk. "Please, sit. I'm Sergeant Tenner. What can I help you with today?"
Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 27th, 2010, 3:51 am

Ora smiled and nodded at the older man, her attention turning to the armchair she was directed to. The small figure sat, her hands folded on her lap. "It is not common that we leave the Isle for a long, or even permanent time." Ora answer respectfully.

"It is a pleasure, Sergeant Tenner, I am Ora Sa'vina. I am looking at living here till the end of the season, a kind man directed me here to find a place to live. I am sorry if I'm in the wrong place, Sylira is a beautiful, but confusing, place to me." A frown crossed her face briefly before is was replace with a soft smile.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aedai on July 27th, 2010, 6:04 am

As soon as he asked his question he felt a little uncomfortable under Tenner's glare. He shifted in his seat a little while his eyes wandered the room so that he didn't have to stare at his gaze. They settled as soon as he started talking. He supposed he overstepped a bounday asking about Magic. Surely it was inappropriate but Sir Tenners' chuckle reassured him. He nodded when Tenner was done explaining what a Page is as well as a Squire. It did increase Aedai's curiosity about the knights but Aedai wished to figure out Projection first before he set his curiosity on the Knights.

Aedai rose his brow when Sir Tenner mentioned a ghost though. "Ghosts?" he asked with puzzled look, "well where may I find these ghosts?" He thought that Tenner probably mean't people who were mostly ignored, it would make sense since there is no such things as ghost.
Aedai
Herbalist

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Elhaym on September 2nd, 2010, 4:03 am

1st of Fall, 510 AV

Pain hadn't much to do in her spare time today, and she didn't have it in her to draw anything. So, though she didn't really want to deal with it, she decided that she would see if anything could be done about her miserable room inside the castle. No windows? Come on. Aside from all of her belongings having been destroyed by some quite unwelcome guests, her room hadn't been very hospitable to begin with.

She waited patiently for her turn in line, or rather, what she viewed as patiently but really involved her sighing, tapping her foot, and whistling a dull tune.

At long last, she was able to speak to someone. Pain cleared her throat and tried to wish away any resentment in her voice, as she had grown to realize that those in authority didn't appreciate people jumping down their throats very much at all. Her rough speech didn't help matters.

"Oh, uh, hello there. My name is Pain, and I need... well, what I mean to say is, I already have a home so to speak here in Syliras." Pain said slowly, struggling to be as eloquent as possible and not stutter. "Erm... the thing is, you know, my room is really deep in the castle. Really deep. We're talkin' eternal night, you know? I don't even have a window. So, I was wondering, if I could maybe have a new room arranged instead of my current? Or, you know, just sell it off?" Pain said. She didn't think she sounded that unreasonable. The person behind the counter most likely thought she was an idiot.

"Oh, and by the way... do you guys allow pets? You know... like a small dog." Pain said, measuring out the size of a dog with her hands.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Eanos on September 15th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Fall 15, 510 AV

The fortress was a maze but to an Isur the layout was logical enough and with his innate sense of direction it took him little time to find the office to which he'd been directed. He realised when he arrived that he'd seen it before, but had just failed to note it as something worthy of recall. It certainly wasn't the obvious place to have gone to, but he shrugged it off as a minor issue considering that he now had arrived it seemed at the place he wanted.

Outwardly he was calm but inside he was filled with trepidation for it was a major step that he was contemplating, and one which carried a degree of risk to it. Tenner she had said, he recalled, so he found what seemed to be the appropriate door and knocked, waiting till he was called forward.

"Thank you for your time," he began, sure that it would help his request by being polite. "I have been working at the Ironworks for the last two seasons, and while it is a marvellous place I came to this city in order to further my studies in magecrafting as well as in smithing. I was wondering whether it might be possible that there is somewhere I could set up on my own so that I have the privacy and quiet for my studies as well as being able to forge and sell ironwork to pay for it."

The man might throw him out on his ear, but the worst that could happen was that he would have to endure ribbing back at the Ironworks when the news came out, and it surely would.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Dusk on September 15th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Pain

Tenner Nigriso smiled warmly and waved Pain into his office, guiding her to a seat and settling down across from her as she began her story. His lips quirked at her description of the room, and when she finished he nodded and tapped a fingertip against the desk as he considered.

"You're... Elhaym, right? Elhaym Vormav? Yes, I think I remember your assignation," he murmured, pulling a huge ledger from one side of the desk into the center and flipping through a few pages until he found the schematic he was looking for. "Ah. Yes, you really are in the bowels, aren't you? Well, you have two choices," he said, smiling again as he glanced up to meet her gaze. "We can move you to a slightly better room with a small window to the outside, though it will cost you 100 gold. Or you can give up your room altogether and I can reimburse you, say 350 gold?"

His fingers tap-tapped another moment as he considered, and then he gave a small sniff of revelation and leaned forward to flip through the ledger again. "Or," he added, "I do have a third option. There's a room available here," he said, pointing at a spot that was closer to the business district of Stormhold Castle, though no closer to the outside walls. However, it does have a decent window overlooking an inner courtyard. You wouldn't get any direct sunlight, but it'd be better than just the bowels. The downside is that the courtyard is part of a workshop, and there's a forge in it - so it's like to get rather hot in your room. Nice in Winter, but pretty harsh in the Summer months. You interested?" he asked, glancing up at her again. "If you do decide to stay, we've no problem with pets so long as they don't cause any disturbances and you keep everything clean."
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

PreviousNext