Location [Syliras Location] Housing Authority

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Housing Authority

Postby Elhaym on September 2nd, 2010, 4:03 am

1st of Fall, 510 AV

Pain hadn't much to do in her spare time today, and she didn't have it in her to draw anything. So, though she didn't really want to deal with it, she decided that she would see if anything could be done about her miserable room inside the castle. No windows? Come on. Aside from all of her belongings having been destroyed by some quite unwelcome guests, her room hadn't been very hospitable to begin with.

She waited patiently for her turn in line, or rather, what she viewed as patiently but really involved her sighing, tapping her foot, and whistling a dull tune.

At long last, she was able to speak to someone. Pain cleared her throat and tried to wish away any resentment in her voice, as she had grown to realize that those in authority didn't appreciate people jumping down their throats very much at all. Her rough speech didn't help matters.

"Oh, uh, hello there. My name is Pain, and I need... well, what I mean to say is, I already have a home so to speak here in Syliras." Pain said slowly, struggling to be as eloquent as possible and not stutter. "Erm... the thing is, you know, my room is really deep in the castle. Really deep. We're talkin' eternal night, you know? I don't even have a window. So, I was wondering, if I could maybe have a new room arranged instead of my current? Or, you know, just sell it off?" Pain said. She didn't think she sounded that unreasonable. The person behind the counter most likely thought she was an idiot.

"Oh, and by the way... do you guys allow pets? You know... like a small dog." Pain said, measuring out the size of a dog with her hands.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Eanos on September 15th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Fall 15, 510 AV

The fortress was a maze but to an Isur the layout was logical enough and with his innate sense of direction it took him little time to find the office to which he'd been directed. He realised when he arrived that he'd seen it before, but had just failed to note it as something worthy of recall. It certainly wasn't the obvious place to have gone to, but he shrugged it off as a minor issue considering that he now had arrived it seemed at the place he wanted.

Outwardly he was calm but inside he was filled with trepidation for it was a major step that he was contemplating, and one which carried a degree of risk to it. Tenner she had said, he recalled, so he found what seemed to be the appropriate door and knocked, waiting till he was called forward.

"Thank you for your time," he began, sure that it would help his request by being polite. "I have been working at the Ironworks for the last two seasons, and while it is a marvellous place I came to this city in order to further my studies in magecrafting as well as in smithing. I was wondering whether it might be possible that there is somewhere I could set up on my own so that I have the privacy and quiet for my studies as well as being able to forge and sell ironwork to pay for it."

The man might throw him out on his ear, but the worst that could happen was that he would have to endure ribbing back at the Ironworks when the news came out, and it surely would.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Dusk on September 15th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Pain

Tenner Nigriso smiled warmly and waved Pain into his office, guiding her to a seat and settling down across from her as she began her story. His lips quirked at her description of the room, and when she finished he nodded and tapped a fingertip against the desk as he considered.

"You're... Elhaym, right? Elhaym Vormav? Yes, I think I remember your assignation," he murmured, pulling a huge ledger from one side of the desk into the center and flipping through a few pages until he found the schematic he was looking for. "Ah. Yes, you really are in the bowels, aren't you? Well, you have two choices," he said, smiling again as he glanced up to meet her gaze. "We can move you to a slightly better room with a small window to the outside, though it will cost you 100 gold. Or you can give up your room altogether and I can reimburse you, say 350 gold?"

His fingers tap-tapped another moment as he considered, and then he gave a small sniff of revelation and leaned forward to flip through the ledger again. "Or," he added, "I do have a third option. There's a room available here," he said, pointing at a spot that was closer to the business district of Stormhold Castle, though no closer to the outside walls. However, it does have a decent window overlooking an inner courtyard. You wouldn't get any direct sunlight, but it'd be better than just the bowels. The downside is that the courtyard is part of a workshop, and there's a forge in it - so it's like to get rather hot in your room. Nice in Winter, but pretty harsh in the Summer months. You interested?" he asked, glancing up at her again. "If you do decide to stay, we've no problem with pets so long as they don't cause any disturbances and you keep everything clean."
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Elhaym on September 15th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Pain's eyes shifted about as he recalled her birth name. It wasn't that it bothered her to hear it, it was just a name after all. It was more or less that she had been memorable enough for him to remember it. Pain bit softly into her lower lip, pondering the options he had laid out. Moving to a nicer room altogether was out of the question, as she didn't have anywhere near a hundred gold mizas to spend. The room with a courtyard view was tempting, as the winter months were approaching and she did intend to stay in Syliras... despite, three hundred and fifty gold mizas was quite a bit. Pain had no money, and she could always see about getting a more permanent residence after she got back on her feet with a decent job.

"Hey, uh, Sir. Thank you for looking, you know? I wish I could take you up on that offer, what with winter coming up soon and all. I just think I need to take the mizas for now, I mean... I don't even know how i'm gonna eat at this rate. I can always come back once I have a bit more Mizas to go around, and get a better place, eh?" She said as pleasantly as she could muster. She wasn't really used to people going out of their way for her, but recently in Syliras, she had found most people to be a lot nicer than she expected.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Ash'eny on September 22nd, 2010, 2:15 am

Timestamp: Day 3 of Fall, AV 510
Purpose: Purchase of a home

Ash'eny stepped silently into the Housing Authority. It had been nearly a full season's time since he was given the command by Tucesi Deerstalker, Stewart Knight of the Syliran Knights, to purchase a home at the housing Authority with his stolen reward. Why it had taken him so long was a good question, he was, for one thing, laying low since the incident to avoid too much attention. It was most important, he was told, that his alliance with the Knights was not to exist openly. It was a secret. Ash'eny wasn't sure though if this Tenner Nigriso was in on it or not. Tucesi was obviously very cautious about who she trusted, even many knights couldn't know about their deal simply because of the risk of loose lips.

Ash'eny made his way to the counter, staring at Nigriso with a weak smile. He was nervous, and even though he could mask anxiety when 'working', doing so in conversation, confrontation, or anything of the sort was a different story. Before speaking, he dropped the small bag of coins, three-hundred and fifty gold-rimmed Mizas to be exact. "I was told to come to you to get a house. The name's Ash'eny."
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on September 24th, 2010, 4:04 am

Pain

Tenner's smile didn't waiver, but he simply shrugged and climbed to his feet. "It's up to you of course," he said, making his way over to a huge wooden cabinet in one corner, heavy enough to take at least a half-dozen men to move, and pulled a ring of keys from his belt. "I mean, it'll cost you five hundred gold just to get another crappy room, much less a better one. Seems like you'd be better off with a roof over your head and a few odd jobs here and there to put food in your belly, but that's just me. I always take the long view," he chuckled, unlocking one of the doors and pulling it open. A moment's hesitation as he pondered which drawer held what he wanted, and then he used a smaller key to unlock an individual drawer.

He withdrew a black linen sack tied off with a piece of navy-blue ribbon, clinking heavily as he moved it to the other hand and went about relocking the drawers. "Might even be able to work in trade for your meals. There's more than a few who'll do that around here. Just something to think about," he chuckled as he finished locking everything up and turned to hand over the bag of 350 gold mizas. "Will there be anything else?" he asked pleasantly.

Ash'eny

Ash'eny was let into Tenner's office by his page - just as everyone was when it came their turn, nothing odd about that. He smiled curiously as the man approached him, and looked even more puzzled when the gold was plunked down in front of him.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ash'eny," he replied smoothly, ever the gracious host. He waved the man to take a seat in the plush chair across from him, pulling the coinpurse closer and untying the laces. "What sort of room are you looking for? You might be a bit disappointed. Just from the weight of this I can tell it's not..."

He paused as he pulled up the neck of the little drawstring bag, something catching his eye. He bent over it another moment, rubbing at a tiny pair of stitches sewn into the lining. "Mmm-hmm," he muttered, dumping the coins out on the desktop as if they were the least important part of what Ash'eny had brought him. Then he pulled the drawstring completely out of its lacings and stretched out the bag to better examine another series of stitches hidden within the bag. "Ah! Well. I'd expected you sooner," he said finally, a wry little smile cracking the rough visage of his face. "Let's see," he said, opening a drawer and scooping the gold and the bag into it before focusing his attention on the expansive ledger on his desk. "I've still got a courtyard room open," he said, tapping a finger on the spot he'd shown to Pain only two days earlier, but the girl had declined it and taken her money instead. "The window overlooks a forge, so it can tend to get noisy and hot at times - or it would, if we had someone working the forge. Still waiting to fill that spot," he sighed, as if it were a bit of a disappointment to have it lay empty. "Also easy to get in and out of since it's in the business district instead of one of the strictly residential areas. How's that sound?" he asked, finally looking up from his maps and notes to meet Ash's gaze once more.

Eanos

Tenner gave Eanos a friendly grin and extended his hand. "Always happy to hear an Isurian say they want to set up shop here," he chuckled. "Not that we don't appreciate what goes on in the Ironworks, of course - you'll never hear me say a word against them! I just like a little variety in enterprise," he said with a wink, settling back into his chair behind the desk and waving Eanos to have a seat.

"Well. Someone who can craft magical weapons would be a boon to our shops. Let's see. Oh! Yes, you can take over the old gadgeteer's shop. That's got a display room for your wares, living space, and a courtyard in the back with a forge. Plenty of room for what you need. There's a rather beautiful fountain in there too. We tried to move it, but frankly I was afraid that if I took it apart we'd never get it back together again," he said with a somewhat sad shake of his head.

He nodded to himself, then tapped an idle fingertip against the desktop. "Do you know how businesses work here?" he asked.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Eanos on September 24th, 2010, 10:48 am

He wasn't entirely sure as to whether he ought to be offended or pleased by the comments that the man made about the Ironworks. On the one hand there was an Isurian pride in it's ownership, a question of his race showing that it was superior to the others and this of course was reinforced by the fact that the Knights relied up an Isur for their arms and armour. On the other, the owner wasn't of Eanos's clan and whilst there wasn't exactly clan rivalry on the production of such things since Eanos's clan were not smiths, still....

He decided to pass it off with a nod and a small smile, choosing the gratification of accepting the compliment and the mild swelling of his ego did much to quell the nerves which still made his stomach unsettled. The Ironworks had been good for him, but still he hadn't crossed an entire world merely to work for another Isur.

The man led straight in with a description of a shop which sounded perfect and far better than he'd been expecting, though he wasn't entirely sure what he'd do with a fountain, for all that a water supply was a boon. Still though, it was all sounding a little too good, and a little too easy so far. There had to be a catch, and he suspected that this was where it was all going to start to get a lot harder. That the shop had a forge was an unexpected prize but still there would be setup costs to cover on top of whatever sum was about to be dropped on him. Money was not something which in itself concerned Eanos, but he had only limited funds and so it was with a small sigh that he shook his head and prepared for the worst.

"No, I'm afraid that I don't know how businesses work here. Of course I know how to run a business from the point of being a smith, but I think that is not what you are asking of me."
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ash'eny on September 28th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Ash'eny felt a brand new worry flood over him as Tenner began to explain the lack of funds. Said worry dramatically shifted as he then shifted once seeing something. Was there something about the bag, in the bag, that Ash'eny missed? Perhaps a note or symbol of some kind. Whatever it was that Tenner saw, it obviously changed his mind. But it also told Ash'eny that he was expected by this man. Did Tucesi tell Tenner about everything? Does he know what Ash'eny is doing? Perhaps he simply new Ash'eny would come, as a heads up from Deerstalker herself, and nothing more. Ash'eny didn't like this new uncertainty, but he would not press the matter. When he next saw Tucesi, they'd discuss it.

"A window sound great, perfect even. Accessibility as well. I'll take it. Um... " How did Ash'eny go about asking a question that was thoroughly bothering him? Perhaps it wasn't one for Tenner, but again another for Tucesi. Surely she'd be ready to discuss business as soon as she hears about Ash'eny's purchase, as she requested.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jaeden Kincade on October 8th, 2010, 3:37 am

65th Day of Fall, 510 A.V.

Jaeden walked towards the office of the Housing Authority, his gaze lifting and flowing all over the walls as he observed the décor and layout of the area itself, finding it much more welcoming than he originally thought it would be. His pack hung heavily along his shoulders as he finally lowered his gaze, a chest dangling in his one of his hands. He soon paused in front of the door to the office proper, taking a moment to read over ledgers and advertisements that were nailed along a large, framed, wooden posting board.

His hand slowly raised, as a light wrap of his knuckles were laid along the door‘s surface. Cracking the door open, Jaeden poked his head inside, hoping that he wouldn‘t be interrupting a “space“ being “filled“ that moment as he peeked inside. “Hello?” Jaeden called out, giving a quick scratch to the white streak of hair along the back of his head.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Dusk on October 14th, 2010, 12:03 am

Eanos

"No, not exactly," Tenner chuckled, making a few notes in the ledger before pushing it aside. "We will provide you with the space and enough materials to start up your business, as well as a cash stipend for costs of materials. You will, in turn, conduct your business. Make what you will, sell it to citizens and visitors, use the stipend and whatever you make to pay for materials. And keep very good records. At the end of the season, we will look over your sales and collect whatever profits you've made. In essence," he chuckled, "none of the money or materials will be yours - you'll simply be holding it for us. In return for this, we will pay you seasonal wages, along with a bonus if you've exceeded your required profit income. With a weaponsmith of your caliber, if you were able to bring in two thousand in profits, we'd be willing to pay you half that in wages. Does that sound like a fair offer?"

Ash'eny

"Good to hear then," he said with a warm smile, making a notation in his ledger. He finally slammed it closed and moved it back to its place on his desk, then rose to his feet.

His office was flanked by two huge cabinets, one to the left and one to the right of the centered desk. He crossed to the right side this time and pulled a ring of keys from his belt to unlock the armoire and pull the doors open. Inside were rows and rows of tiny drawers, and he took a moment to search before pulling one open. Out came a chain with about fifty keys, and he took a moment to count through them and remove one. The rest were returned to the drawer, and the cabinet quickly locked once more.

"This is the key to your suites. Try not to lose it - replacing the lock is more expensive than you'd think," he chuckled, returning to the desk and handing it over to Ash'eny. "Show it to my page outside and he'll guide you to your new room. And of course, if you have any questions or need anything, please feel free to stop by anytime," he said with another friendly smile, offering a hand to him.

Jaeden

When Jaeden pushed open the door, he'd find a waiting room with padded benches, some of them occupied by various people - some individuals and even a family complete with several children. Opposite the door was a large wooden desk with two chairs where a squire and a middle aged woman sat. The woman looked up and smiled, then waved him to take a seat and wait his turn.

After about half a bell, the rest of the people had been seen and the woman waved Jaeden forward. "What can we do for you today, sir?"

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

PreviousNext