From Clay to Life: An Exercise in Creation

Rayage and company start moving Clay

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Wrenmae on June 27th, 2012, 10:54 pm

Shroud said nothing, watching Rayage as he rose from the earth and strode down the hillock to the workers lounging below. There was a certain disconnect between the two of them, and yet on that same level there was an almost imperceptible appreciation for the other’s notions. Despite Shroud’s attempt to remain firmly rooted in the practical, his idealism had risen briefly. It tasted awkward in his mouth, like dry cotton. Rayage was already speaking to the men, his raspy voice drawing their tired eyes. Like most men in Sunberth, Shroud doubted any of them actually saw Rayage. They watched his hands, his waist, the places where the worth of a man was measured, by what he did with the gifts the gods shackled him with. Finishing his water, Shroud draped his arms around his legs and chuckled. Inspiration, incentive, motivation. Rayage treated the symptoms like a doctor, temporary bandages for open, weeping sores. Yes, the men would work for him. They would bleed for him, and some would die for him…or at least it would appear that way. But each man worked for themselves, owing their allegiance only so long as the need of coin outweighed their dignity.

The alcohol would fuel their spirit, but it would never inspire their loyalty.

Standing, the murderer stretched and followed Rayage down the hill. Tomorrow they would work twice as hard but expect twice the praise, twice the drink, as if Rayage’s generosity was an earnable commodity.

Wordlessly he agreed to spin tales and inspiration around the tavern, each man to him what clay was to an artist, an unfinished project, an unshaped potential.

Behind him, the crow laughed, winging over the miners and out across the forest.

Shroud chuckled. The crow knew dead men when it saw them.

And so did he.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Archelon on September 28th, 2012, 4:03 am

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Wrenmae :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Philosophy3
Rhetoric4
Bodybuilding2
Construction2
Observation1

Lores:
Hauling Clay: The Clay mines.

Rayage :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation1
Philosophy3
Rhetoric4
Architecture1
Leadership3

Lores:
Building your future.

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Interesting thread :) Any other questions, comments,or concerns please feel free to send me a nice pm.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous