Questions before I even start...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Kylar Grey on May 28th, 2012, 11:45 pm

I have several questions before I make a character.
1. How does Returning effect Nuits? I'm curious because some of the descriptions go against the things Nuits say and vice versa.

2. Is there a way to go from Human to Nuit in character?

3. Could you, as a Nuit or a Ghost even, morph the body you're in so it has better appeal to you?

Those are really all my questions for now, I'll definitely have more in the future.
Thank you in advance
Kylar
Kylar Grey
The future is comin' on...

Words: 3727
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 7:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Brodon Windriver on May 28th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Straight from the Nuit lore:

Nuit can transmit their undead condition by letting someone else drink enough of their ichor, though success is not guaranteed, as the target can survive or just die and not become an undead.

As for the "Returning", you are already undead, so I don't think it matters, but I imagine you WOULD gain some enhancement of strength or prowess or some such.

As for morphing, I'm pretty sure ghosts can't do it, but Nuits ought to be able to. But its only temporary. I think one of the possible penalties of overgiving is a permanent change, but you'd have no control over it and it would surely be, 'unflattering', shall we say.

"Carrying an angry load, keeps you on an angry road."
Brodon Windriver
It's your move...

Words: 251972
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on May 29th, 2012, 2:51 am

1-Ok lets look at the Returning Lore, but the short answer is yes, Returning does effect Nuit. It gives them extra powers and perks. I would advise you completely read the article along with the lore of the Chained Ones.

2- Yes humans can turn undead in one of two ways. Drink nuit ichor, or undergo the Daek-nuit ritual.

3- Nuits AND ghosts can use morphing magic to change the bodies they are occupying, but as noted above the change is only temporary.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on May 29th, 2012, 4:12 am

Well, I was assuming the ancient Daek-nuit ritual was not an option.

And I have to meet you halfway on the ghost being able to morph issue.
Also, ghosts cannot use personal magic disciplines in their natural form (their Djed is dead and unusable). They need to possess someone first. Other skills requiring a physical body will also be very difficult to use.

So they could if they possessed someone, but I think that would add an additional element of limited time.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on May 29th, 2012, 4:23 am

Hehe, yeah, I was careful with my wording there :) I said "Bodies they are occupying"

I probably should have been a little clearer. Yes, it would also bring in the time factor like stated above
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Wrenmae on May 29th, 2012, 5:48 am

There is also a third way to reach undeath.

Be a Returned without being a Nuit...a dead one, not the living counterpart.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)