Rest in Normalcy.

In the crazy city of Illusion, Nixie tries to find rest in a tavern run by two... unique individuals.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Nixie on July 23rd, 2012, 1:06 pm

Gaze drawn by Seven's voice, Nixie turned just in time to notice his advance as more veiled accusations piled. All this talk of secrets and truths made it obvious even to her that they were getting at something, but what could it have been? Retreating from Seven to stand silent and stare questioningly, she thought back to the separate meetings that had taken place and what had been said between she and the two that stood before her. The only thing that came to mind was the name she had given Seven; could that have been what they meant? Did they think it was a lie? Perhaps, but to Nixie that idea was ridiculous. Sure, maybe the name Cadman wasn't a complete truth, but it had rung true in years past for her and another, so she hardly thought it was deceptive to give it. Only that which one she gave depended on the situation and the company. But as conversation carried on, or rather they kept talking at her, thoughts turned to rebuttal the simpler accusations.

"Where do you think I've been keeping Dani over the last season? He's just fine where he is, so I wouldn't have to bring him here. Besides, I doubt he would be as happy here as I would be... Even if the room is a wreck." Then she paused, unsure if she wanted to hint at another part of her, but continued when she thought it might help somehow. "I've lived in much worse conditions, I can guaranty you that." For a moment Nixie wandered why she was even answering to Seven, but soon understood. So I'm going to have to persuade him too. Great. Hopefully she had been convincing enough so far.

Turning when she heard Victor speak, he might not have meant it, but in Nixie's mind his voice sounded so sweet and kind. Perhaps it was her want for him to be just like her brother that twisted her perception, or that he played the role too well. But too soon did that change when he spoke a question that brought a touch of despair. Why should we need you, she repeated, racing for some answer to give. Why would they need me? What skills did she have that would prove useful? She certainly wasn't much of a people person, so serving drinks seemed out of the question for her. She did know a little something about swinging a blade. Maybe she could keep troublemakers out of their tavern; even if it didn't really seem like they had many of those in the first place. Granted, she had only been here one other time before now. Maybe that had simply been a good day.
"It might not be much, but I could keep troublesome patrons under control during their visits." Silently she hoped they did have a lot of problems with rowdy patrons, however wicked the thought was.

Right now my computer isn't working and am being forced to write posts on my phone. So please be patient with me. And sorry for any spelling errors or lack of post coding.
Nixie
Who do you think I am?

Words: 110008
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Seven Xu on July 25th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Seven wrestled his hand from Victor’s loose grip before hoisting himself onto the polished bar top. A knee knocked against a propped elbow, and Seven leaned forward to give Cadman another sweeping stare. “I’d sooner have you cleaning dishes,” he smiled wryly. “The ‘Rear isn’t a place for sword-play.”

The halfblood’s sharp knee bumped Victor again, playfully testing his balance. “Nor do we have many patrons that get so drunk either or both of us cannot handle them.” Another bold lie, urged on by his newly bruised ego. Seven could barely hold his own against his bird when passion outweighed careful consideration, he’d be hopeless against any man with foul intent—he just didn’t want to hear it from someone else. Victor fared better in confrontations, but even he had his limitations.

Cadman vexed Seven. They had gotten on well enough in their last meeting, but now she acted as if he was still the horse-thief she once thought him to be. For that, he was content in his obstinacy. His hand rose to wave at the line of wooden tankards just above his head, hanging neatly by their handles on iron hooks. “Of dirty mugs, on the other hand, we have plenty.”
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Victor Lark on July 30th, 2012, 5:49 pm

A smile rose on Victor’s lips as he recovered his balance from where Seven had taken it, serving the dual purpose of playing their unspoken game and distancing him from their visitor’s desperation. What use are you? had been among the last words Victor had said to her so many days ago, before she had sulked out of his home, wounded and confused. He knew the answer to that question better than she did, but it was not every day that his fool found the upper ground and made a stranger squirm. He preferred to bear witness to that than to be this conflict’s resolution.

He turned his back to the bar, putting Seven between Nixie and the man who might have taken her side. One elbow perched against the counter behind him, the on his co-owner’s thigh. “Dirty mugs,” he parroted. “And dirty floors. Dirty bathtubs and dirty clothes.”

The inference was far from glamorous, but Victor hoped to test whether this visit was for a whim or some greater desire. The curiosity sat too deep to influence his decision, but if she wanted it enough to accept his proposal, then it might be a point in Seven’s book.

“Seems we need a lot of help around here. What say you, Nixie? Care to be useful?” His smile twisted down into a less than genuine apology, a moment’s distortion that lifted again into its old warmth. Whatever he tried to pretend, the slip of her name was no mistake; he was clearly much more fascinated with the petty lie than she was.
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Nixie on August 1st, 2012, 9:24 am

So they needed somebody to clean things? Of course that was something that needed to be done on a regular basis wherever one resided, even something parents would ask of their children, but the suggestion dug at her. Hands turned to fists and eyes narrowed at Victor in the giving of her true name, something so commonplace shouldn't have affected her as much as it did. No doubt she was thinking too deeply on the matter. She could have taken the suggestion as simply doing ones part to take care of the living quarters, but Nixies first thought was of condemnation and servitude. Things she had escaped seasons past but were still fresh enough in her mind to sent a flash of blue hair, strong wings, and silent voices to play across her thoughts. Perhaps her overreaction and over analysation came from the perceived belittlement of each word as it rolled from their tongues. But no matter how much of it was imagination or real, the thoughts turned lips corners down and furrowed brows before her gaze was sent to the floor in consideration or incredulity. But his words echoed through her mind; did she care to be useful? Surely there was something else that needed doing.
"You're sure there's nothing else you would have me do," she asked, glancing back up at the two. No doubt she had made herself to sound lazy, even if that wasn't the case. If there really wasn't anything else for her to do, would she be willing to refuse? She wasn't sure. She just needed to remember, she had come here in search of them, they hadn't forced her here.

Right now my computer isn't working and am being forced to write posts on my phone. So please be patient with me. And sorry for any spelling errors or lack of post coding.
Nixie
Who do you think I am?

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Seven Xu on August 3rd, 2012, 11:58 am

The whites of Seven’s eyes flared. Realisation flooded his pupils and rippled down his face and he grinned wider than he could remember ever doing in recent memory. “Nixie,” he all but laughed the word as pale fingers snaked around Victor’s arm in unspoken appreciation. The girl had faltered at the name, proven the lie, and abolished the secret. She had nothing left. Joyous as he was to roll in his own smug satisfaction, Seven’s face made an effort to flatten. Remnants of that unnerving fanged grin still lingered on tight-pressed lips.

“No, Nixie. I don’t think there’s much else we need doing,” he explained, exploring the warm crook of Victor’s elbow with a sharp knuckle. “I don’t know what sorts of danger you think a tavern gathers, but it’s hardly enough to warrant a sword. If you want to sit at a table nightly and polish,”—your blasted ego—“your weapon, I won’t stop you. However, if you want to use the ‘Rear as an inn, of which it is not, you will help us keep it clean. Another body around makes for more mess, you know.”

Seven’s hand strayed to unabashedly trace their mark on his bird’s neck. His near-perpetual scowl had re-emerged, and his unfocused red stare finally drifted from Nixie’s squirming outline. Seven had a way with words—perhaps it was the Widow in him— but it was rare he was bold enough to take initiative in games often reserved for Victor; breaking his demure character to show it every once in a while was enough.

“I hate mess.”
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Victor Lark on August 5th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Victor’s attention was spurred upward by that rare stretch in his companion’s otherwise round voice, where he witnessed the tail end of an unchecked smile. The moment was long enough to recognize and imitate; a wide grin rose on the Ravokian’s lips as his eyes dropped again to meet Nixie’s.

“It’s settled, then!” He proclaimed, clapping his hands together. “In exchange for the room, Nixie cleans.”

The arrangement had turned out better than Victor had hoped. Seven had found his way out of his comfort zone and left Nixie to wilt on its edges, a contrast which thrilled the man who watched it happen. He was proud of his fool, in his own way, for the way he had played this short-lived game, and of the woman who had endured it without boring either of them. Their new maid promised to be more interesting than any he had encountered in the past.

He offered a hand to her, throwing a veil of that brotherly kindness which she seemed to appreciate over the pushiness which she had grown to know from him. “Deal?”
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Nixie on September 17th, 2012, 8:21 am

There must have been something else that needed doing Nixie thought to herself, subtly glancing about the room. Seven was persistent and annoying though, giving the same proposal over and over again. While it was true it didn't sound all that appealing, things still could have been worse. Guessing it wouldn't take too much work to keep this place presentable; especially if she could get the help of the two that stood before her. Granted, they probably wouldn't if it would make her stay more difficult or entertaining, but they hadn't given her a reason to believe that they wouldn't help, and so assumed they would. It made the job seem very easy, but for reasons she didn't understand Nixie wanted to refuse Sevens offer. To be difficult perhaps? To be obstinate?

Clenching fists tight and gritting teeth behind the soft curve of her lips, he was about to turn down the offer and return to the room she had spent a whole season in. But then... Victor... reflected the same pleasure she saw in Sevens expression at the prospect of somebody to clean for them. He liked the idea too? It was hard for Nixie to believe at first, but it also worked as a reminder of the reality of the situation. He wasn't her brother, even with how similar the two might have been. Still, the thought of being near him brought a strange comfort and stilled her tongue. Tense muscles calmed and a quiet breathe escaped through a loose jaw and moved a few loose strands from her face. Letting Victors question hang in the air awaiting a reply, she eventually gave a subtle nod. And when she finally broke her silence, it was just a few words.
"Lead the way." Eyes fixed on the floor boards, she collected her belongings and waited to follow her hosts.

OOCI know Bob, I know Eri, you guy have been waiting longer than these two, but I figured I would finish this first since its probably the closing post. Sorry for the delays! >_<

Nixie
Who do you think I am?

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rest in Normalcy.

Postby Kaleidoscope on September 25th, 2016, 1:01 pm

~Intervention~

Your grades will be delivered when you have accounted for your lores. Please PM me once you're done! :)

~Kal
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account