Day 1 of the Voyage to Zeltiva

Bones and Alric spend time preparing for the road ahead as they take part in the first half of their travels

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Alric Wilmot on July 12th, 2012, 8:49 pm

"Well, sse firssst ssing isss attacking. You don't do it! You can never win a battle, by letting sse enemy fight on ssere choosssing. You choossse sse ground for sse battle, take sse fight to ssem, and win a decisssive victory. Even a block, can be done offensssively, to take back ground, to pusssh your opponent, and to gain sse upper hand. "

Alric nodded. He suspected that he might be too reactionary. Apparently Bones agreed. And his reasoning was sound. He had heard soldiers speak the same way when he was a child. Though, they were speaking to his father...

Alric shook his head. He needed to concentrate on the here and now. He was intrigued about the offensive block Bones’ talked about. He hadn’t thought about that before. As Bones’ went on, speaking about taking advantage of the extra reach, Alric realized how much of his nervousness had shown through before. He remained silent, though he took in all of the advice.

"If you can't beat a perssson at ssere own game, in my game head on ssstrong arm tacticsss... Ssen sssimply change sse game! Ssstop trying to play my game, my fighting ssstyle, and play your own game! Messss my fighting ssstyle up, and ssrow me off!"

Alric nodded, and entered into the ready stance. He lunged forward when Bones gave the signal to begin. Again, Bones blocked it, but Alric took his advice and kept at it. He tried to be aggressive, attacking from different angles, and falling into the three stances only when he saw Bones attacking. He was faster than before, though he was still painfully predictable in his lunges. He was unaccustomed to taking the initiative, though he seemed to decently. He attacked, and then pulled back.

When he made a mistake, he did not bother to reset, and Bones did not bother to let him do so. He would not be afforded to do as he had in a real fight, and Alric thought the faster he adjusted the better.

oocsorry for the long wait and poor post. My summer ended early and I'm trying to balance a lot of things. I think it might be best if this be the only sword training thread. We should probably wrap it up soon also.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on July 19th, 2012, 4:19 pm

When Alric finally entered his ready stance, Bones dropped into his. Bending of the knees a bit, keeping his body loose and fluid, and ready to snake out a limb for an attack.

It was odd, how a bit of his snake nature, reflected into his fighting style. Perhaps so much time spent as a snake, crawling around fighting as one, had become ingrained into his ability as a fighter. Along with that, his odd defending by attacking method, as he called it, was very snakelike.

As alric came at him, he was ready. His gladius in hand, he rose to meet each attacking, blocking by coming in with his own blade. He stopped several from reaching his chest, his arms, even his head. And he avoided one stab at his side, by sidestepping it, holding his blade in between his side and the enemies blade, in case he tried to pull it sideways into him.

Though really, this weapon was not about slashing, it was about stabbing. Thrusting. So as long as he kept from being run through, the weak slash from it would not be to bad. He had gotten his shirt cut in a few places, one on his shoulder, another on his side, but the slashes were shallow and merely stung a bit, barely even causing any bleeding.

Bones came at him once more, feinting several blows in order to try to push Alric back, so he could get in close. He felt they were more or less done, so he would try and finish it, by blocking with his blade, stepping in close, and punching him in the chest. If that worked, he would grab the mans wrist to hold away his blade from coming at him, and bring his own weapon up to Alrics throat.

Bones would grin at the man, and ask him "Do you yield?"

If he did so, by nodding or word, Bones would take a step back, and release him, putting away his weapon to signify the end of the fight.

"Consssidering your ssskill, you did not do to bad."
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Tapestry on January 23rd, 2014, 4:42 pm