What's up with my character sheet????

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Riley Hawker on June 9th, 2012, 1:50 am

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post173381.html#p173381

Please tell me how to fix it! I tried to make a new post, but a copyright mark was in the middle of the page. Any help would be great :nod: :D
Riley Hawker
Player

Words: 6118
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby O'delia on June 9th, 2012, 2:05 am

Note: Reworking character completely
Last edited by O'delia on September 17th, 2017, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O'delia
Player

Words: 9059
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 10:59 pm
Race: Konti

Postby Marcus Dymez on June 9th, 2012, 2:47 am

This is a curious issue. My only guess would be the [/frame] tag near the end, which needs to be placed right at the end perhaps. Other than that, see if aligning your code helps at all. Ex. [frame][color] [/color][/frame] instead of [frame][color] [/color][/frame]. Hope it helps!

PS. Code is below for anyone who wants to scroll through it.

Code: Select all
[frame=black][size=200][b][u][center]Basic Information[/center][/u][/b][/size]

[size=120][center]Race: Human
Birthday: 77th of summer, 498 AV
A.K.A. Frostbight[/center][/size]

[center][size=150][u]Physical Description[/u][/size][/center]
[center]The first thing you will notice about Riley/Frostbight, is that he is quite tall for his age (5'8''). He almost always has a hood over his head and stands tall in confidence. He fits every description of an assassin and may wield the abilities and weapons of one, but he is not at all. He is slim, but very fit. He is stronger than most humans his age. Most people may be intimidated by him even when he is not wielding any weapons. The Hawker family symbol can be seen imprinted on the back of his family's hooded cloak that he wears. He has blue eyes and light brown hair, but not many people see what he looks like under the hood.[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Character Personality[/u][/size][/center]
[center]All though he looks menacing, Riley is really a kind person. He does not have anything to do with his family and prefers to think of himself as the only Hawker clan member. He rarely answers to his name, Riley. He made a nickname "Frostbight" to hide his identity and escape his family name. Riley is commonly called "Frost" and he doesn't mind it, he actually sometimes prefers it. He only shares his name and takes off his hood for people he can trust. He thinks of himself as a hero to those that need him, and to himself. Riley is easily taught. He is morally good and will not steal for his own benefit. When Riley sees the opportunity, he will use words to solve a conflict instead of fighting. He choose to learn a little bit of kontinese in hopes of learning languages as fast as the Konti do. Despite living in a lawless city, Riley doesn't have much trouble because some people are scared by him. And he desires that it stay that way. His motto is, "Don't mess with me, I don't mess with you".[/center]

[center][size=150][u]History[/u][/size][/center]
[center]Ever since Riley could remember, there have been fights in his home city. Brutal fights, ugly fights, and bloody fights, Riley witnessed them all. His family lived in the ugliest part of Ravok. He hated it there. He lived with his mother and his brother. His brother was nothing like him, His brother got all the things that Riley never got. It was obvious that his mother had a favorite. Riley's brother was roughly 3 years younger. Riley went to a poor school and got a very poor education. He would take the school books home and read them. He would always learn more from his own teachings. Riley is easily taught and puts his own style to the things he learns. Riley grew even more unhappy as he grew older. At age 12 he grabbed his family's heirloom that belonged to his dad, and left to live on his own. He wanted to bring peace to the fights that would breakout. Despite his young age, he worked alone and taught himself. He learned basic skills and now that he is 14 he hopes to bring fame to his family's clan, and work as a lawbringer to crime ridden cities. His goals set him in the city of Sunberth.[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Languages[/u][/size][/center]
[center]Common-Fluent
Arumenic-Basic
Kontinese-poor[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Skills[/u][/size][/center]
[center]Intelligence-10(SP=10)
Intimidation-5(SP=5)
Observation-5(SP=5)
Running-5(SP=5)
Stealth-5(SP=5)
Unarmed Combat-25(SP=10)(Human ability+15)
Climbing-5(SP=5)
Acrobatics-5(SP=5)[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Lores[/u][/size][/center]
[center]Lore of Disarming
Lore of Luck[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Gnosis Marks[/u][/size][/center]
[center]None (Yet)[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Equipment[/u][/size][/center]
[center]1 Black cloak(SP)
1 Pair of boots(SP)
1 Waterskin(SP)
1 Backpack(SP)
-Set of toiletries(in backpack)
-Food for a week(in backpack)
-1 Eating knife(in backpack)
-Flint and steel(in backpack)
Hawker Clan cloak(Family Heirloom)(Being worn currently)[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Ledger[/u][/size][/center]
[center]100GM(Currently)[/center]

[center][size=150][u]Thread List[/u][/size][/center]
[center]1]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic22371.html[/center][/frame]
Marcus Dymez
Imagination is oft confused with Insanity.

Words: 134886
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on June 9th, 2012, 3:09 am

Test:
Basic Information

A.K.A. Frostbight

Physical Description
The first thing you will notice about Riley/Frostbight, is that he is quite tall for his age (5'8''). He almost always has a hood over his head and stands tall in confidence. He fits every description of an assassin and may wield the abilities and weapons of one, but he is not at all. He is slim, but very fit. He is stronger than most humans his age. Most people may be intimidated by him even when he is not wielding any weapons. The Hawker family symbol can be seen imprinted on the back of his family's hooded cloak that he wears. He has blue eyes and light brown hair, but not many people see what he looks like under the hood.

Character Personality
All though he looks menacing, Riley is really a kind person. He does not have anything to do with his family and prefers to think of himself as the only Hawker clan member. He rarely answers to his name, Riley. He made a nickname "Frostbight" to hide his identity and escape his family name. Riley is commonly called "Frost" and he doesn't mind it, he actually sometimes prefers it. He only shares his name and takes off his hood for people he can trust. He thinks of himself as a hero to those that need him, and to himself. Riley is easily taught. He is morally good and will not steal for his own benefit. When Riley sees the opportunity, he will use words to solve a conflict instead of fighting. He choose to learn a little bit of kontinese in hopes of learning languages as fast as the Konti do. Despite living in a lawless city, Riley doesn't have much trouble because some people are scared by him. And he desires that it stay that way. His motto is, "Don't mess with me, I don't mess with you".

History
Ever since Riley could remember, there have been fights in his home city. Brutal fights, ugly fights, and bloody fights, Riley witnessed them all. His family lived in the ugliest part of Ravok. He hated it there. He lived with his mother and his brother. His brother was nothing like him, His brother got all the things that Riley never got. It was obvious that his mother had a favorite. Riley's brother was roughly 3 years younger. Riley went to a poor school and got a very poor education. He would take the school books home and read them. He would always learn more from his own teachings. Riley is easily taught and puts his own style to the things he learns. Riley grew even more unhappy as he grew older. At age 12 he grabbed his family's heirloom that belonged to his dad, and left to live on his own. He wanted to bring peace to the fights that would breakout. Despite his young age, he worked alone and taught himself. He learned basic skills and now that he is 14 he hopes to bring fame to his family's clan, and work as a lawbringer to crime ridden cities. His goals set him in the city of Sunberth.

Languages
Common-Fluent
Arumenic-Basic
Kontinese-poor

Skills
Intelligence-10(SP=10)
Intimidation-5(SP=5)
Observation-5(SP=5)
Running-5(SP=5)
Stealth-5(SP=5)
Climbing-5(SP=5)
Acrobatics-5(SP=5)

Lores
Lore of Disarming
Lore of Luck

Gnosis Marks
None (Yet)

Equipment
1 Black cloak(SP)
1 Pair of boots(SP)
1 Waterskin(SP)
1 Backpack(SP)
Hawker Clan cloak(Family Heirloom)(Being worn currently)

Ledger
100GM(Currently)

Thread List
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic22371.html

Note: Test looks fine :)

[frame=black][center][size=200][b][u]Basic Information[/u][/b][/size]

[size=120]Race: Human
A.K.A. Frostbight[/size]

[size=150][u]Physical Description[/u][/size]
The first thing you will notice about Riley/Frostbight, is that he is quite tall for his age (5'8''). He almost always has a hood over his head and stands tall in confidence. He fits every description of an assassin and may wield the abilities and weapons of one, but he is not at all. He is slim, but very fit. He is stronger than most humans his age. Most people may be intimidated by him even when he is not wielding any weapons. The Hawker family symbol can be seen imprinted on the back of his family's hooded cloak that he wears. He has blue eyes and light brown hair, but not many people see what he looks like under the hood.

[size=150][u]Character Personality[/u][/size]
All though he looks menacing, Riley is really a kind person. He does not have anything to do with his family and prefers to think of himself as the only Hawker clan member. He rarely answers to his name, Riley. He made a nickname "Frostbight" to hide his identity and escape his family name. Riley is commonly called "Frost" and he doesn't mind it, he actually sometimes prefers it. He only shares his name and takes off his hood for people he can trust. He thinks of himself as a hero to those that need him, and to himself. Riley is easily taught. He is morally good and will not steal for his own benefit. When Riley sees the opportunity, he will use words to solve a conflict instead of fighting. He choose to learn a little bit of kontinese in hopes of learning languages as fast as the Konti do. Despite living in a lawless city, Riley doesn't have much trouble because some people are scared by him. And he desires that it stay that way. His motto is, "Don't mess with me, I don't mess with you".

[size=150][u]History[/u][/size]
Ever since Riley could remember, there have been fights in his home city. Brutal fights, ugly fights, and bloody fights, Riley witnessed them all. His family lived in the ugliest part of Ravok. He hated it there. He lived with his mother and his brother. His brother was nothing like him, His brother got all the things that Riley never got. It was obvious that his mother had a favorite. Riley's brother was roughly 3 years younger. Riley went to a poor school and got a very poor education. He would take the school books home and read them. He would always learn more from his own teachings. Riley is easily taught and puts his own style to the things he learns. Riley grew even more unhappy as he grew older. At age 12 he grabbed his family's heirloom that belonged to his dad, and left to live on his own. He wanted to bring peace to the fights that would breakout. Despite his young age, he worked alone and taught himself. He learned basic skills and now that he is 14 he hopes to bring fame to his family's clan, and work as a lawbringer to crime ridden cities. His goals set him in the city of Sunberth.

[size=150][u]Languages[/u][/size]
Common-Fluent
Arumenic-Basic
Kontinese-poor

[size=150][u]Skills[/u][/size]
Intelligence-10(SP=10)
Intimidation-5(SP=5)
Observation-5(SP=5)
Running-5(SP=5)
Stealth-5(SP=5)
Climbing-5(SP=5)
Acrobatics-5(SP=5)

[size=150][u]Lores[/u][/size]
Lore of Disarming
Lore of Luck

[size=150][u]Gnosis Marks[/u][/size]
None (Yet)

[size=150][u]Equipment[/u][/size]
1 Black cloak(SP)
1 Pair of boots(SP)
1 Waterskin(SP)
1 Backpack(SP)
Hawker Clan cloak(Family Heirloom)(Being worn currently)

[size=150][u]Ledger[/u][/size]
100GM(Currently)

[size=150][u]Thread List[/u][/size]
[table]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic22371.html[/table][/center][/frame]

Explanation, Tag order was a serious problem here but also you were quite confusing when you put everything with 'center' tags when one set of 'center' , '/center' would be sufficient.

You had a center'/ 'style' then a '/center' then 'style' for one. It would probably be best to just left align it all or keep it all just completely centered to reduce the ability to make it happen again :).

Lores: you might want to rethink those :)They're kind of vague, and there really would be no lore of 'luck' either. A lore is a specific knowledge about something that a character learned that has become ingrained. For example, "The basic principles and methods of sailing against the wind." if a sailor.

In short, One specific thing. Look at the lore page in the wiki for more help

Skills, okay, good for a start if you really are in for a long haul. You can't do much till you have a skill of at least fifteen
I presume this character might become a vigilante if you want a 'lawbringer' but don't expect much law in a city of anarchy that has competing forms of anarchy in it :P.
But, it's okay , we do have a place for vigilante's :) >.>.
I suggest also for smoothness of reading sake to write out all numbers in the history like. "Age 12" should be "Age twelve."

Frostbight as the 'chilling' danger winter possesses is actually spelled, 'Frostbite.'

Other then that, I think this can help you a bit on the way. I Included a table tag to help organization. Keep it or lose it , it's your decision. If you need any bbcode examples I refer you to the bbcode list

Be sure to modify your thread list for dates and seasons later on. The best way would be a url tag. then the title of your thread.

[url=htmlinkhere]Titleofthread here[/url] -  Day of Season, Year

I would suggest, just deleting that post, and then reposting the fixed text from the code box to help you then start moving onto whatever changes you decide to make.

Besides that; Welcome to the board :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Riley Hawker on June 9th, 2012, 4:44 am

I put the code "Center" on everything because it helps me see what is centered and what is not... If I want to uncenter something, I just take the code off of that particular area :)
Riley Hawker
Player

Character sheet

Postby Riley Hawker on June 9th, 2012, 5:10 am

I have a problem... I can't delete the posts!!!! the delete button is hidden!

What do I do?
Riley Hawker
Player

Character sheet

Postby Archelon on June 9th, 2012, 8:06 am

Your best bet then is to just post a new thread for your CS and send a message to a CS liason or founder for them to delete the messed up one.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Summer Meadow on June 9th, 2012, 9:42 am

I had this problem when I was creating my character sheet. I deleted my post and then reposted the exact same set of code into a new post, and it worked.
I don't know how this worked, but I just went with it.

Character Sheet
Common ... Pavi
Summer Meadow
Leth, grant the changes I need to stand alone

Words: 17248
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2012, 2:35 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexandar Blazer on June 25th, 2012, 4:38 am

Greetings everyone,

I honestly am quite new when it comes to URL or internet coding to make a website or this character sheets.

I see the examples for the code to make the character sheet but I was wondering of how I can be more creative like adding a background with the frame 'transparent' so people would see my background pictures.

I was also wondering about adding boxes or frames for my character's stats. I would it if I may see several examples or at least some list of codes for me to play with as I make my character sheets or a site/book for me to check out to familiarize myself with these new found tools and toys which are quite alien to me at the moment.

I would be grateful for any suggestions, hints or answers.

I thank you and peace out everyone.
Alexandar Blazer
Hopelessly Lazy Stranger!

Words: 766
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 10:17 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Siiri on June 25th, 2012, 5:57 am

Hi Zakkai,

You may use this page for BBC Codes reference: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post577.html#p577
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next