Location [Syliras Location] The Ironworks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Ironworks

Postby Leviathan on March 7th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Vimos hadn't been waiting long. The man that owned, ran, and worked in the Ironworks Forge within the Syliras Fortress City stepped out from behind the counter to personally meet this newcomer. Ros, turns out, was no man at all, but an Isur like Vimos. "I hope you find the Ironworks suitable, brother." The Isur, just about the same size and height of Vimos spoke in a soft but rough voice. "We work hard here to make sure it is the best in the region. Of course, the Fires of Sultros will never be correctly compared to this small place, but in Sylira, you'll find none better." Ros grinned faintly as he extended his hand towards Vimos.

"Ros of clan Vizerian. What do you call yourself? I get many costumers here, and even on occasion Isur like us. What are you searching for?"
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Vimos Stonejaw on March 7th, 2011, 8:45 pm

"By Izurdin's hammer! I should have known. No one keeps a forge as clean and smooth running as an Isur. Vimos of the Coglias clan." Vimos spoke in the Isur tounge, shaking Ros's hand with true respect. "Sultros it may not be brother, but its still quite impressive. As for what I need, I heard this was the best place for weapons in the city, and seeing as I need some unique pieces I thought i should ask the best. Also I was hoping to find...hmm not a job, unless thats the only way, but a teacher to help me improve my smithing. I know basics, and I'm dedicated, id just like to know more.
Vimos Stonejaw
never respected always forgotten

Words: 7516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 7:42 am
Race: Isur

Postby Leviathan on March 8th, 2011, 2:30 am

A firm grin spread across Ros's face as the two Isur vigorously shook hands. "None but an Isur is dedicated enough to work so hard for Izurdin. Welcome to Syliras, Vimos. I think you'll find it vaguely similar to home. It is dark and well protected. Our kind is rare here, but welcomed." As their hands parted, Vimos continued to talk about what he was here for, work, or more specifically, training. Vimos moved back behind the counter, motioning briefly to someone manning a scorching furnace. He looked back to the costumer. "Our supply of Isurian steel is small, and the price for it is more expensive than that back home. If that's what you are looking for, I can most likely get your special tool crafted within a few days. As for the training, I cannot personally take time out of my day to watch over an apprentice. I do, however, hire those that come wishing to learn. I, along with many other well trained smiths, are always around to assist if you need it. I believe that the only way to learn, is to try and fail, until you try and succeed. If you do wish a job here, I can pay you a salary, depending on your skill, and I guarantee you'll learn much by the time summer arrives."
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Vimos Stonejaw on March 8th, 2011, 2:56 am

Vimos smiled. He liked Ros's all business attitude. "I'd gladly put in the time to improve under one as capable as yourself. I'll take the job, if you will have me. I must warn you i willna be in the city for a time after this season. I have reason to visit other cities." Vimos hoped this would be acceptable for the veteran smith. "Of course I'll be back after a time if you would need help then. Now on to my items. I have need of a dagger, 9 maybe ten inch blade, with a hollow pommel if possible. I think I will have that in Isurian steel. The other I'm not sure is possible. If you can do it a longbow made from cold iron. I find wooden and composite bows to be too weak." Vimos smiled, wondering if Ros would be able to fill this odd request.
Vimos Stonejaw

Postby Leviathan on March 8th, 2011, 5:22 am

"Of course. Another Isur is the forge would be welcomed. No matter how long your stay, you are always welcome to come back. I myself wandered a little until I settled here. The dagger can be done fairly easily, a few days to ensure it is well made, flawless of course, but the bow. That is a strange request. Making a bow of cold iron would be very heavy, and though it would be indestructable, it wouldn't be possible to string it correctly. If you wish to find a bow that suits you, I'd visit the Feathered Shaft. Perhaps even a crossbow would fit your taste. The Cold Iron bow would be a waste of your money, a waste of my time. Sorry, but I cannot help there."
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Vimos Stonejaw on March 8th, 2011, 6:28 am

"Ack well, perhaps I will. Thank you at least for the dagger. Would you mind if I come back in a few days for the job. I've a few things to take care of. Housing, food, you know." Vimos was happy to get the dagger at least. He hoped this to be agreeable, quite liking Ros and the forge. He still had one other question, but was unsure of how the smith would react. "Ros being of the knowledgable sort, would you happen to know anyone who knows of the magic called the flux?
Vimos Stonejaw

Postby Leviathan on March 12th, 2011, 8:58 pm

"Of course, brother. Anything for one of my own. You can take your time, the Forge of Syliras will be here waiting." Ros smiled, gave a nod and another firm handshake to his new found friend. When Vimos asked him then about flux, Ros paused a moment, pondering the question. "Perhaps there is one I know of. The owner of the Orphanage in town, I heard that he might have known something of the magic. I don't know where he is now, if he is in town still or not, but he might be worth looking into."
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on March 12th, 2011, 10:05 pm

2nd of spring 511 AV
Jokor carefully peeked his head inside of the ironworks. Confirming that he was indeed in the right place before he walked inside, the ringing noise of hammers ramming steel and iron into its desired shape almost deafening poor jokor.
Still he wanted to get rid of his katar and get a more reasonable weapon for a thief, walking up to a short guy with strange blue skin that wasn't doing anything at the moment and tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.
While he did that he took out the katar he snatched a while ago in sunberth and held it up to him in a non threatening way.
"Ya think its possible to sell this around here sir?" Jokor said in a tone so polite it couldn't be anything else then forced.
"And how much would a dagger from the same metal as this thing cost? This thing is way to light to be regular steel."
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on March 12th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Ros Vizerian took the katar in his hands, examined it briefly and nodded. His dominant hand gently stroked the Isurian Steel weapon, a smile came across his face. "You could sell this to me, right here. This is good, strong, Isurian steel. Expensive, difficult to obtain for non-Isur." Ros considered the prices as he continued to view the weapon. Being Isurian steel meant it was naturally difficult to scar or take on imperfections, and was pleased to not be let down. "Twenty-eight gold miza for this weapon. A knife of the material is bound to last longer than you will, unless you are a fool. Ten gold miza for a dagger, same price for any others you wish to purchase." A no bull-shyke person, Ros moved his cold gaze from the weapon, up to Jokor. His hand was extended outwards, willing to shake on the deal when Jokor decided it was fit.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on March 12th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Jokor couldn't help to look flabbergasted when the man before him told him that the weapon was worth 28 golden miza. He didn't know that the weapon was worth that much.
Jokor grabbed the isur's hand and shook it.
"Well then its yours, If its possible I'll buy a two daggers made out of that isurian steel you where talking about."
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext