Quest Lost & Damned

Hadrian, Rayage, and Wrenmae.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Lost & Damned

Postby Wrenmae on January 7th, 2013, 3:51 am

Crossing the room in three strides, the mage bent down to pull Hadrian to his feet. The mage was shaking, weak, pale and seemed almost clammy with fever. Wrenmae hadn't anticipated such a swift reaction to his change...but realized that the professor had been traveling with them for some time now. It was only natural that he was still suffering the adverse effects of disease.

"Come now," Wrenmae encouraged, "Let's leave this place and get you to a healer." He paused only long enough to scan the books scattered across the laboratory before wrapping an arm around Hadrian's shoulder and encouraging Rayage to do the same, helping the weakened aurist back the way they had come.

"That bracer on your arm," Wrenmae said to Rayage, "Does it have any effect now...or will it somehow lead us from this labrynth? I fear that without some help, we will be lost down here..."

Of course, Vayt wouldn't have rewarded him just to kill him. There was a way out of this strange sepulcher and the three of them were left to find it.

"It seems counterproductive perhaps," Wrenmae said at last, "But we could try retracing our steps."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Lost & Damned

Postby Hadrian on January 8th, 2013, 10:37 am

"I'll be fine," he said shakily to Rayage, sitting back on his haunches, spitting a bit of bile on the floor and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Of course the book was safe; Hadrian cared more for a treasured book than his own breakfast. Then Wrenmae helped him up, and after a moment of weak knees, he was stable.

"Thank you. I've been sick since..." The auction, but he wasn't supposed to talk about it. He shook his head. "I'm getting better, though."

And Wrenmae was already ready to leave.

"Does the ghost's master want us to leave now?" he asked. He wanted to keep searching now, and he knew Rayage would want to canvas the place too. If there were tomes on Arivas, what else might be down here? Of course, if the Master were a powerful wizard and in his own domain, even the three of them might not be able to withstand an attack or an expulsion.

"I can try to call to the ghost, if so."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Lost & Damned

Postby Rayage on January 9th, 2013, 4:04 am

OOCNot sure what is happening here O.o As paragon hasn’t posted, but Im going with the flow…

Rayage looked at Wrenmae as he crossed over the room and helped Hadrian up, ”He will be fine. He said so himself. Why the hurry to leave when we have this entire place to… look over?” he asked, ”If I recall correctly there were two more passages which we did not explore. Perhaps they too hold gems in them?” he suggested crossing to the door, ”The master of this place did not bid us leave, and if he wanted us out I am sure that we would find our way easily enough, shackle or no.” he said looking at the device of his wrist, a cold hand going over it, ”Perhaps there is a key or other function to this besides acting as a guide?” he wondered aloud.

Stopping in his steps he turned to the other two, ”Though if you two really want to leave, we can always return here another day.” he shrugged, ”I doubt much would change. It has been dormant for quite some time, and who even knows if that old man was even human.” he mused to himself his mind taking him for a flight of fancy. He would go where the group was going. Though he wondered if Hadrian could get on by himself or if he’d need Wrenmae to help him along, if the latter was the case then perhaps they best leave…

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Lost & Damned

Postby Paragon on January 10th, 2013, 12:17 am

The heat shudders left Rayage and Hadrian's bodies, but they would still feel uneasy. Waves of warmth consuming their bodies infrequently across the next few days as their bodies adjusted to the new power inside them.

It seemed they would never know the full truth of the old man and the child, and how it was that Vayt had called to Wrenmae from this deepest bore of darkness. But call he had. And whatever desires the Nuit had to stay in this place were quashed by the manacles magnetism. It guided him back from this place, and he compelled the others to follow. Soon enough light drew them, and the journey felt shorter than the way down. The corridors had shifted for their passage.

As they took their leave, the ghost child greeted them at the doorway. "The master says you may keep the book," he said, voice wispy like, "for now. He is keen to see how this forgotten discipline will be used in this new world." The ghost then turned to Wrenmae, as if knowing what had transpired in that darkness. "Don't forget your soul."

With that, he faded to nothingness, leaving the trio in the Wildlands, ruins below them, new opportunities within them...

Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Lost & Damned

Postby Paragon on January 12th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Joint Lores: The Child Ghost in the Ruins, Master of the Ruins, Mysteries Beneath Sylira

Rayage

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Leadership 2
Philosophy 1
Intimidation 1
Auristics 1
Observation 2
Investigation 2
Interrogation 1
Architectrix 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Equipping a Possibly Dangerous Artefact
The Primacy of Reimancy
Book: Living Structures
Initiated in Architectrix

Other: Soon after leaving the ruins, the manacle pops open of its own accord. Rayage may keep this manacle for future use. It can be imbued with directions, and then locked on a person's wrist to guide them in such a direction. Rayage is also now initiated in Architectrix and can communicate with mageborn structures.

Hadrian

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Spiritism 2
Negotiation 1
Investigation 2
Shielding 1
Flux 1
Architectrix 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Good Cop
Using Shields to Absorb
Book: Living Structures
Initiated into Architectrix

Other: Hadrian currently holds the book, so he and Rayage will have to agree what to do with it. It contains much information on the basics of Architectrix. Hadrian is also now initiated in Architectrix and can communicate with mageborn buildings.

Wrenmae

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Intimidation 1
Morphing 1
Investigation 2
Shielding 1
Reimancy 1
Rhetoric 2
Persuasion 2

Lores
Lore Earned
Stark Refusal
Demanding Caution
At Vayt's Beck and Call
Beseeched by a God
Vayt's Choice: Choosing Destruction
Vayt's Aims: Strengthening the Weak
Vayt's Vow
Tasked with Destruction

Other: Wrenmae is twice marked by Vayt and now possesses a dagger infused with lethal poison.

Legend Becomes Reality

Really enjoyed this thread, thanks for coming along for the ride guys, I hope you enjoy your rewards, Gnosis for Wrenmae, and Architectrix for Hadrian and Rayage. Perhaps we can return to unravel the mystery further later. Thank you again. I have updated your SSs accordingly :) If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can work from there.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous