Leaching and Nuits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Leaching and Nuits

Postby Evalin on July 31st, 2012, 3:28 am

Ok this is a question that has been on my mind for a while now. Leaching is the art of sucking the djed of others to use as your own, but in the end that djed will poison the wielder, eventually leading them to be a hollowed husk of a person that has to use a stick to even stand. Well my question is this, what about nuits? Nuits move and change bodies quite often, so does that mean that each new body will be fresh and good to go despite the PC's level in leaching? Or does the effects of leaching transfer from body to body? This question has been halting me from learning leaching in the first place, but really it could be a great help to my character's RP and it really fits her personality. Any founders words would be appreciated, as well as thoughts and opinions from anyone else.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Leaching and Nuits

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 31st, 2012, 4:07 am

Well, here is a partial answer, from the leeching lore, speaking of master leechers, which you are no were near, so would not yet be this affected, but is a good framepoint.

If they do not have a stable body, such as the Nuit, they burn through their bodies at appalling speeds, never synchronizing well with any of them. They become entirely dependent on their lengthened magical abilities for defense.

So what I have gathered from that, is each new body is fresh, but using leeching makes you burn through bodies really fast. Much faster than you normally would. It makes the body degrade, decay, and fall apart becoming useless at an accelerated time frame. Perhaps even negating some of the effects of embalming and showing rot from the strain, even at early levels. I could see them walking around with certain bits of rot growing.

I would also like to point out this nuit to you, Lector Qiao, who is a expert leecher.

His bodies show signs of decay very fast, most of the time, and would be falling apart soon, and is well known for this oddness of his going through fresh bodies like they are going out of fashion.

So, hoped that helped out.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Leaching and Nuits

Postby Evalin on July 31st, 2012, 5:54 am

Yes very much. Thank you very much Clyde :). I would assume though, if in the new body they did not use leaching, then there would be no affects such as rapid decay because there was no foreign djed? Thats what I am wondering now. Say if a leacher nuit transfered bodies bud did not use leaching in the new body, would it still decay so fast?
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Leaching and Nuits

Postby Jilitse on July 31st, 2012, 8:21 am

Hi Evalin
I am an inactive player, but I was also once the Sahovan DS Panna Cotta, and I was reading around and saw your question and had to help. Hihi.

From a player standpoint if you have magic you are automatically addicted to it, and if you are addicted to it, you will want to use it. Leeching is a skill where you actually don't control it, so there's always a probability that you will leech even if you're not intending to use the skill. If you notice, the Leeching lore says that you cannot refuse leeching XP.

I remember talking to Tarot a lot about Lector Qiao. The fact that my PC is so intimately filled with anonimity with this particular NPC adds to my interest with your question.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Leaching and Nuits

Postby Evalin on July 31st, 2012, 1:31 pm

Oh alright that makes sense then. And it is an honor for Panna to help me XD. I've been thinking about this for a little over 3 months now and I am just having the hardest time trying to decide if Evalin would use this magic.

Thank you all for your help. With this information in hand I must now come to a decision ;)
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Leaching and Nuits

Postby Rayage on July 31st, 2012, 8:10 pm

My question is, what is your decision? :P

Ray is supposed to get leeching from a flashback thread if the girl ever comes back.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Leaching and Nuits

Postby Evalin on July 31st, 2012, 10:06 pm

I don'tthink Leeching is for Eva :P. I was struggling for a bit though XD
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes